Keep On Carrying On.

I read that she turned to the bottle during bouts of unemployment, which is a shame.
I read this was common among Carry On actors as most, Joanie obviously, being professionally trained, wanted to do serious roles I expect. The only acting I saw her do after CO were tv sitcoms. Kenneth Williams was professionally trained too.

Last edited:
I read this was common among Carry On actors as most, Joanie obviously, being professionally trained, wanted to do serious roles I expect. The only tv series I saw her do after CO were comedy roles. Kenneth was also professionally trained too.
Joanie was in an episode of Only Fools And Horses, it's called The Frogs Legacy.

Ah, didn't notice this thread till very late last night.
Ashamed to say I was seduced by the products of "other side of pond" during the Carry On era. Also not often in UK as a nipper,
and Perth was culturally very hit or miss when we arrived. One Perth TV station in the 70s had a copy of "up the Khyber" so I saw
that a few times. The dinner scene was hilarious. I know I have seen a couple of others in the series but have forgotten which!
"Khyber" had just the right amount of innuendo and silliness.

Tall tales, huh?
The Green Hand polished his bloodstone ring on the unconscious Bulgarian's trousers, then sauntered silently up the gravel
driveway and pressed the bell.

Ashamed to say I was seduced by the products of "other side of pond" during the Carry On era. Also not often in UK as a nipper,
and Perth was culturally very hit or miss when we arrived. One Perth TV station in the 70s had a copy of "up the Khyber" so I saw
that a few times. The dinner scene was hilarious. I know I have seen a couple of others in the series but have forgotten which!

Tall tales, huh?
The Green Hand polished his bloodstone ring on the unconscious Bulgarian's trousers, then sauntered silently up the gravel
Thats the idea. I see you and Terry are both wordsmiths. I am an ex journo so I too can string words together to make some semblance of sense. Take a squizz of the thread, as will give you some idea of the various narratives we have used. We had to end the last story prematurely as Jessica could not find the time to contribute a daily post. She says she will pop on from time to time.

Tall tales, huh?
Very good Vince 🤗
You're the ideal member to take over my place in the story thread if you wish 😀

Back