Keep On Carrying On.

Kenneth Williams has a sexy sister in which Carry On film?

Jim Dale goes through the floorboards when he jumped on a hammock. Name the film?

Babs Windsor wore a red love heart bikini in which film?

What did Pasty Rowlands' character burn in Carry On Girls?

Which Carry On film did Harry. H. Corbett appear in?

How about this one liner, which Carry On Film is it from? :D

'You would if your ice lolly fell in your lap'.
One liners or any film quotes are not my thing Jessica. Pure wild stab, given the ice lolly reference, Carry on Abroad as they were supposed to be in hot Spain. We Aussies call an ice lolly an ice block.

One liners or any film quotes are not my thing Jessica. Pure wild stab, given the ice lolly reference, Carry on Abroad as they were supposed to be in hot Spain. We Aussies call an ice lolly an ice block.
It was from Carry On Camping! :p
An ice block sounds like a block of ice the Eskimos use to build an igloo 😊

I should have known it was from you all time fave Carry On. Refresh my memory of that scene.

It does too. We Aussies come up with some odd names for things. We are basicly non conformists, suppose is what makes us a unique race of people.
It's the opening scene, Syd & Co are sat in the cinema watching a film about a nudist camp! :p

Ok you are a Camping expert, can you answer this. The woman in the pic is Harriet Potter, the one with the silly snigger. Who played her?
1690515700293.png

This thread is about everything that was the iconic bawdy Carry On series of films in the 50s/ 60s and 70s. It was the great chemistry of the core of ensemble actors imo that spawned 31 movies and assorted television programs and kept we the audience often having our funny bone tickled. That core were Joan Sims, Sid James, Babs Windsor, Hattie Jaques, Kenneth Williams and Charles Hawtrey. (see below)
View attachment 753
Jim Dale is added in this shot of the principal Carry On cast.
I love this picture. Only one remaining now which is Jim Dale. There will never be a cast like it 😍

I love this picture. Only one remaining now which is Jim Dale. There will never be a cast like it 😍
I wonder if there will ever be another Carry On film series. I expect you Brits can find the cast to make it happen.

It wouldn't be the same though without our fave cast :D
Probably. May work if the producers used a new cast with the same characterizations as the old. A drunken skirt chaser like Sid, a blond bimbo like Babs, a large woman like Hattie, a woosy bloke like Kenneth and and even woosier, boosier bloke like Charlie. Not to forget the almost normal bloke like Jim and the hen pecked Terry. While Joanie could play any character. She was a RADA graduate, did you know that.

Last edited:
Probably. May work if the producers used a new cast with the same characterizations as the old. A drunken skirt chaser like Sid, a blond bimbo like Babs, a large woman like Hattie, a woosy bloke like Kenneth and and even woosier, boosier bloke like Charlie. Not to forget the almost normal Jim Dale and the hen pecked Terry Scott. While Joanie could play any character. She was a RADA graduate, did you know that.
What does RADA mean?
She was great Joanie, she struggled with alcohol and her weight in her later years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back