Kevin Pietersen Sacked

Kram81

Wow, didn't quite see that coming, doesn't seem that long ago that he was hitting that magnificent century against India. What a waste at only 33 years old, disappointing as a cricket fan he was fantastic to watch when on song. England are a bit of a rabble at the moment.

Wow, didn't quite see that coming, doesn't seem that long ago that he was hitting that magnificent century against India. What a waste at only 33 years old, disappointing as a cricket fan he was fantastic to watch when on song. England are a bit of a rabble at the moment.
Not really a surprise when you consider it. With out a doubt when you consider his career he has been a very destructive force in the team. If his form is not to be scorching then it is simply too big a liability for them to carry. Don't get me wrong, i thought he was a great cricketer but you just don't need a wa$%k^r around the dressing room.

Not really a surprise when you consider it. With out a doubt when you consider his career he has been a very destructive force in the team. If his form is not to be scorching then it is simply too big a liability for them to carry. Don't get me wrong, i thought he was a great cricketer but you just don't need a wa$%k^r around the dressing room.

If he really was that destructive it really is a strange coincidence that his career has coincided almost exactly with the strongest and most successful English cricket team in 50 years.

Strange also that its almost impossible to find anyone that has a single bad word to say against him. If he was universally disliked, you'd think they'd be coming out of the wordwork to give him a kick on his way out of the door.

I don't think I've ever seen a player being dropped being met with such universal outrage and righteous fury from the fans. The ECB will be lucky if they get out of this without being strung up from a lamp-post on St Johns Wood Road.

Love Freddie's quote "If his attitude was that bad, why did he play five Tests?", that pretty much sums up my opinion of the situation.

This is a cop out of epic proportions.

Love Freddie's quote "If his attitude was that bad, why did he play five Tests?", that pretty much sums up my opinion of the situation.

This is a cop out of epic proportions.
Because they were on tour and with injury and illness the options were limited.

It's a bit of a tough one really. I thought that one of Flower or Pietersen would go but not both so I was surprised to read that Pietersen had been dumped not long after Flower got the sack.

Seems to me that England have thrown this issue in the too hard basket and just wanted to get rid of it. Given that Pietersen is one of their top three bats the decision is a little surprising to say the least.

When I think of all the jimmies Pietersen's book has rustled. It's no wonder England have imploded this last year. It's the biggest meltdown I've seen in sport since Geelong's 08 GF performance.

I'm interested in the things that he's saying about the bowlers - particularly Swanne. Swanne he's implying was over the top with his reactions to people making mistakes in the field off of his bowling. I've often watched games and noted Swannes reaction and similarly Jimmy Anderson's when the fielders have sometimes made massive and concerted efforts to take catches and then failed. Swanne you can see from his body language and the fact that he mouths the word on camera is not a happy bunny in those situations, but for me he looks to take it too far, I often think - if I saw him react like that to me in that situation I wouldn't stand for it. The fielder quite rightly looks gutted and embarrassed that it's not gone to hand, but then for Swanne to react in the way that he does just looks far too confrontational. But, when the boot is on the other foot and the ball goes down when Swannes in the field, I'm sure he just shrugs his shoulders and smirks much of the time, as if saying S**t happens - get over it mate. Or is this just me?

I'm interested in the things that he's saying about the bowlers - particularly Swanne. Swanne he's implying was over the top with his reactions to people making mistakes in the field off of his bowling. I've often watched games and noted Swannes reaction and similarly Jimmy Anderson's when the fielders have sometimes made massive and concerted efforts to take catches and then failed. Swanne you can see from his body language and the fact that he mouths the word on camera is not a happy bunny in those situations, but for me he looks to take it too far, I often think - if I saw him react like that to me in that situation I wouldn't stand for it. The fielder quite rightly looks gutted and embarrassed that it's not gone to hand, but then for Swanne to react in the way that he does just looks far too confrontational. But, when the boot is on the other foot and the ball goes down when Swannes in the field, I'm sure he just shrugs his shoulders and smirks much of the time, as if saying S**t happens - get over it mate. Or is this just me?

I think Swann must have small-mans syndrome.. He reminds me of a teammate I use to have who would verbally abuse others when they dropped catches off his bowling but he couldn't catch to save himself and use to regularly drop sitters. We never heard any apologies.

Even though its very unlikely there is no reason based on form not to have KP in the world cup squad. hes proving he can score runs in the shortened format as hes essentially got three 50's in the BBL. But the ECB are never going to go back on their word. Its a shame as hes better than the majority in the squad.

Back