KFC Twenty20 Big Bash Final - New South Wales vs Victoria

Re: KFC Twenty20 Big Bash Final - New South Wales vs Victoria

Second ball: one run, yorker is worked to mid-wicket.

Third ball: Thornely walks across his stumps and flicks fine and it goes past fine leg for four. Two needed from three balls.

Fourth ball: Bolwed!! Tried to smash over long on and Harwood clean bowls Thornely. 2 needed from 2!!

miss field....... OH NO! SCORES LEVEL..... 1 off the last ball....

Fifth ball: Driven to mid-off and there's a fumble, Smith gets one somehow! Pandemonium at Stadium Australia!!!! One needed from the final ball!!!!

NSW win by a bye! crossy fields and misses the stumps and harwood attempts the run out at the bowlers end?

Third umpire? can't be....

not out by a cm....

so anyone want to explain why that wide in that last over was a wide?

Why didn't crossy stand up at the stumps?

NSW VERY LUCKY!!

Sixth ball: Rohrer misses and Smith sprints to the non-strikers end, Crosthwaite gathers but misses the stumps, Harwood picks it up and throws down the stumps but Rohrer is home. Blues win off the final ball, what a finish!!!!!

Victoria fail. McCullum didn't do much.. who will they blame and who/what will they have a cry about? Will it be the Australian selectors fault? Again? Rogers LOL..

Christ, I'd feel a bit better about talking this crap if WA were actually any good this year :D

Lets face it White not being able to play was ridiculous.

McCullum being allowed to play is even more unbelievable. Fair play to NSW but Cricket Australia really need to have a look at their laws.

The "wide" in the last over was an atrocious decision.

That being said NSW played well and deserved the win.

Didn't see the wide (bloody social life is killing my cricket watching!), but if it's down leg, even by a centimetre, it is technically a wide. From what I've heard/read, it was a correct call on what is a stupid law.

BabyBlues;315964 said:
Didn't see the wide (bloody social life is killing my cricket watching!), but if it's down leg, even by a centimetre, it is technically a wide. From what I've heard/read, it was a correct call on what is a stupid law.

I'm not sure it's written in the laws that anything down leg is a wide.

If that ball was a bouncer it wouldn't have been called a wide. That said, the way they interpret the rules i can understand the decision.

The way umpires interpret the wide rule must be looked at. If a batsman walks across the crease like Rohrer did then the bowler should be allowed to bowl a ball that would have hit the batsmen in their normal stance.

And Mcullum had a minimal impact on the game. SO the plan back fired.

grapedo;315975 said:
And Mcullum had a minimal impact on the game. SO the plan back fired.

The plan was to get him for the Champions League. The Grand Final was rather minimal in the overall skeem of things.

The plan worked fine.

Listening to the radio this morning on SEN, Tim Watson had the rulebook out it was 15c or something like that.

The rule read something like this -
'Any ball bowled outside the line of leg stump can be called wide'

In my opinion that is a load of shit.

It will encourage batsman to leave balls so they acquire a wide call on a ball which would normally be played off the pads.

They should play One Day wides in T20 cricket, or make the lines narrower.

Jolldo87;315977 said:
The plan was to get him for the Champions League. The Grand Final was rather minimal in the overall skeem of things.

The plan worked fine.

It's actually spelt "scheme".

Besides the plan hasn't worked yet because if he dosen't perform in the champions league then he will be a big waste.

fmr_13;316005 said:
Listening to the radio this morning on SEN, Tim Watson had the rulebook out it was 15c or something like that.

The rule read something like this -
'Any ball bowled outside the line of leg stump can be called wide'

In my opinion that is a load of shit.

It will encourage batsman to leave balls so they acquire a wide call on a ball which would normally be played off the pads.
They should play One Day wides in T20 cricket, or make the lines narrower.

If the ball is on the pads it will not be called a wide even if the batsman moves out of the way. If the ball is wider of the pads it can be worked away but techincally that is not playing it off the pads.

grapedo;316018 said:
It's actually spelt "scheme".

Besides the plan hasn't worked yet because if he dosen't perform in the champions league then he will be a big waste.

And if he doesn't nothing will be lost.

But if he performs anywhere near his best it will be a fantastic purchase for NSW.

grapedo;316022 said:
If the ball is on the pads it will not be called a wide even if the batsman moves out of the way. If the ball is wider of the pads it can be worked away but techincally that is not playing it off the pads.

Don't talk about things you don't know about. The balls was on his pads, the batsman moved away and it was called a wide.

Jolldo87;316023 said:
And if he doesn't nothing will be lost.

But if he performs anywhere near his best it will be a fantastic purchase for NSW.

Don't talk about things you don't know about. The balls was on his pads, the batsman moved away and it was called a wide.

Well it was an incorrect decision. I saw the game just because I don't show much interest in Australian domestic cricket.

I can't believe NSW were allowed to play McCullum. Cheats. There should be a rule where international players must qualify by playing a certian ammount of games.

Back