Last person to post on this thread wins 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Last person to post on this thread wins 7

Boris;378766 said:
Well not where I am currently, I am about 50km inland, but that's an hours drive and I get to pick from 2 out of the best 10 beaches in Australia. Then the rest aren't that far behind. The Sunshine Coast is an awesome place... except for the tourists.

Do the sharks leave you alone?

There are some cases of bull sharks being a trouble, but on the general there aren't that many threatening species around here.

It's the jellies you have to look out for round here. They are really annoying at times.

Boris;378773 said:
There are some cases of bull sharks being a trouble, but on the general there aren't that many threatening species around here.

It's the jellies you have to look out for round here. They are really annoying at times.

Same as kangaroos down here!

Kangaroos are probably actually more life threatening.

The jellies kill barely anyone each year and kangaroos like to go about pulling peoples intestines out whenever they feel like it.

Most of the jellyfish are non lethal but just annoying stings. Really annoying when you swim through a heap of them because it's like a long line of bee stings...then multiply that by 30 lines.

It's not everyday you'll see one of them round here. If they do they have warnings and you don't swim. It's the really little ones I forget the name of that are he problem.

That's the thing about living over 100km from the coast... I've got no idea which little ones you're talking about!

Well I live 50km from the coast but to get there from that way you get to a pretty bad set of beaches and you have to go up and down a mountain range. The best way to go is to drive about 110km to the Sunshine Coast... about an hours drive... and you have the really good beaches and great tourist spot... especially since I'm a tourist now.

Boris;378753 said:
I'm on holidays at the moment, but I am an apprentice electrician 2 years into the course and almost done. I am sticking with this while I build up my knowledge and then I'm moving onto uni and studying sports psychology. That way I have a really high paying job to get me the funds to get me through uni to work in which ever area I find best.

No offence Boris, but what is the point of doing an apprenticeship when your main goal is to go to uni and study?

Lpj a bit back:

I wanted to get into the trades, especially electrician because I was brought up around that area and electrician... well I'm making a healthy amount in my apprentiship. Next year I can pretty much set my own wage. I have a buddy who has done nothing but electrical work and now lives the high life. Trades are the way to go, especially round here.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the uni course, I love the topic but I'm not sure where it's going to lead me. Better to do this course slowly and have an almost full time job to pay for it and then if it fails I definitely have something to fall back on.

Pretty much I'm doing uni because I want to learn about that particular subject, not necessarily make a living off it.

Boris;378965 said:
Lpj a bit back:

I wanted to get into the trades, especially electrician because I was brought up around that area and electrician... well I'm making a healthy amount in my apprentiship. Next year I can pretty much set my own wage. I have a buddy who has done nothing but electrical work and now lives the high life. Trades are the way to go, especially round here.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the uni course, I love the topic but I'm not sure where it's going to lead me. Better to do this course slowly and have an almost full time job to pay for it and then if it fails I definitely have something to fall back on.

Pretty much I'm doing uni because I want to learn about that particular subject, not necessarily make a living off it.
I'm not following this at all...

Is that a quote from Lpj or something of yours?

Yeah Lpj asked me a question on the last page but I was too lazy to go back and quote it :p

That was my answer.

I'm impressed that you juggle the two...

BigCricket and a trade that is. I'm assuming that you have an iPhone or a poor work ethic. ;)

I have an agreement with my employer and trainer that I don't work full time to continue study. I work 4 days a week and I have longer holiday periods when I need them if workload permits. I've known that guy my whole life and is a very good friend so he's understanding. I'm on a two week holiday now after having a week holiday only last month.

BigCricket I think takes up more time.

I have my computer running most of the time so I can tell when an email comes through... being by myself for a great majority of the time allows me to drop whatever I'm doing and attend to the more serious matters of the world of the interwebs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back