Last person to post on this thread wins 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Last person to post on this thread wins 7

Glad to see you know your Miley Cyrus songs well enough to quote one of them.

I wasn't aware of any quoting... Not to say that I haven't watched the odd filmclip here or there.

I wonder how many guards she has to stop countless teenagers out there trying to kill her due to annoyance.

I think the greater issue would be how many people would be out there trying to do otherwise...

Exactly.

YouTube has some very many idiots. I normally ignore the stupid comments of cricket videos, but I had to bite on one. He is saying that Brian Lara is the greatest batsman to ever walk the game and that Bradman is about twelth on his list, not even making the first XI and barely the second XI. Absolute stupidity! I have been trying to convince him with over 15 posts just stating facts and he still thinks Lara's average would be 100+ had he not been 'cheated of so many wickets by the Australians'.

Hahahahaha

Boris;381189 said:
Glad to see you know your Miley Cyrus songs well enough to quote one of them.

My dog is named after Miley Cyrus :eek:. I will say in my defence that she was named before I got her though and we never got round to changing it.

Boris;381482 said:
YouTube has some very many idiots. I normally ignore the stupid comments of cricket videos, but I had to bite on one. He is saying that Brian Lara is the greatest batsman to ever walk the game and that Bradman is about twelth on his list, not even making the first XI and barely the second XI. Absolute stupidity! I have been trying to convince him with over 15 posts just stating facts and he still thinks Lara's average would be 100+ had he not been 'cheated of so many wickets by the Australians'.

Hahahahaha

I wouldn't bother. Youtube is well known for attracting those with sub par IQ.

Well the name might be common enough to pass it off as related to something else anyway should anyone ask...

Boris;381486 said:
Well the name might be common enough to pass it off as related to something else anyway should anyone ask...

Sadly not, unless you count the first person to have a heart transplant in Wales.

Still in my on and off playing period after injury, just relaxing into playing in a lower grade again, so games have been irregular.

I have been batting at 6 lately, apparently in C Grade I can bat to that level ;) and have been batting well, and haven't been needed with the ball as much as the wickets have been tumbling.

Got three in one game, but the other three I have played brought up nothing. Looking at an average of 25ish. Averaging about that with the bat too.

And I beat the height record too for highest bouncer! Hahaha having a crack at pace being well ahead in the game and my speciality is bouncers. Or maybe I should say the only ball I can bowl is bouncers. Every single ball. Tried to actually bowl a bouncer and it ended up dropping so short it was literally about three times the height of the batsman. Went way over the keepers head and I scored four runs... for the opposite team.

Boris;381493 said:
Still in my on and off playing period after injury, just relaxing into playing in a lower grade again, so games have been irregular.

I have been batting at 6 lately, apparently in C Grade I can bat to that level ;) and have been batting well, and haven't been needed with the ball as much as the wickets have been tumbling.

Got three in one game, but the other three I have played brought up nothing. Looking at an average of 25ish. Averaging about that with the bat too.

And I beat the height record too for highest bouncer! Hahaha having a crack at pace being well ahead in the game and my speciality is bouncers. Or maybe I should say the only ball I can bowl is bouncers. Every single ball. Tried to actually bowl a bouncer and it ended up dropping so short it was literally about three times the height of the batsman. Went way over the keepers head and I scored four runs... for the opposite team.

not happy with the new club?

cold case;381496 said:
not happy with the new club?

Not really. The level of cricket here is lower for a start, but I'm not worried about that.

The teammates are great, but really focused on the beer to come after the game. Then we have half the team filled with youngsters trying their best only to be held back but the thought of beer from the older players. This club has the lowest amount of players going through to the higher levels so not a very good place for younger players like myself to cultivate, but this is the only team that accepts most of us, the others are more serious but that means we have to start elsewhere.

Plus the captain doesn't like me, so I might have to go out there and do my best and swap next year.

Boris;381500 said:
Not really. The level of cricket here is lower for a start, but I'm not worried about that.

The teammates are great, but really focused on the beer to come after the game. Then we have half the team filled with youngsters trying their best only to be held back but the thought of beer from the older players. This club has the lowest amount of players going through to the higher levels so not a very good place for younger players like myself to cultivate, but this is the only team that accepts most of us, the others are more serious but that means we have to start elsewhere.

Plus the captain doesn't like me, so I might have to go out there and do my best and swap next year.

are you a backchatter to the captain?

cold case;381506 said:
are you a backchatter to the captain?

No, just not liking him often results in bad vibes. Plus I haven't turned up to a couple of trainings and a game on purpose just to annoy him. He doesn't know that but.

I might be able to backchat him if he actually took to the field for once. He normally sits on the sidelines and sends in a fielder so he can sit in the shade with a drink and just yells some ideas occasionally out to the middle. He hasn't designated a Vice Captain either, so its sort of oldest man out there gets control of most of it while it turns into an all out debate after every wicket as to the field placings and nobody is in control.

Boris;381508 said:
No, just not liking him often results in bad vibes. Plus I haven't turned up to a couple of trainings and a game on purpose just to annoy him. He doesn't know that but.

I might be able to backchat him if he actually took to the field for once. He normally sits on the sidelines and sends in a fielder so he can sit in the shade with a drink and just yells some ideas occasionally out to the middle. He hasn't designated a Vice Captain either, so its sort of oldest man out there gets control of most of it while it turns into an all out debate after every wicket as to the field placings and nobody is in control.

Yeah thats pretty much Fire Brigade v The Posties cricket. I doubt that you would improve too much in that environment.
What is the club called again?

Harlequins Cricket Club

It is Harlequins Cricket Club. I'm not on the Club Members list for C Grade (not that you would notice anyway) because that list is from the start of the season and hasn't been updated to include new arrivals, the A Grade and B Grade aren't even full on there.

I predict in a couple of seasons I should be playing A Grade with any luck, especially if I join another club.

Boris;381511 said:
Harlequins Cricket Club

It is Harlequins Cricket Club. I'm not on the Club Members list for C Grade (not that you would notice anyway) because that list is from the start of the season and hasn't been updated to include new arrivals, the A Grade and B Grade aren't even full on there.

I predict in a couple of seasons I should be playing A Grade with any luck, especially if I join another club.

At least you have a decent website. Ours sucks. We cant change it until next season unfortunately.
www.mysportonline.com.au/course/view.php?id=62

cold case;381513 said:
At least you have a decent website. Ours sucks. We cant change it until next season unfortunately.
www.mysportonline.com.au/course/view.php?id=62

Yeah it is a half decent website. The problem is that all the information on there is outdated, the update the stuff twice a season, one at the start and one at the end. Plus it is extremely focused on only the A Grade side of things.

It does seem a touch better than yours though.

Well nobody on our team can use a computer, let alone know what the internet is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back