list you prefered 3rd test team

Re: list you prefered 3rd test team

lee will most likely be fit for the fourth test so its either siddle or johnson stepping aside as the selectors look keen and are following him very closely. hes looking to be bowling 100% by the end of day 5 third test. he, hilfy and the inform johnson can swing the ball well. there are your swinging options. i would love bracken in the team but like clark he is being snubbed because hes not 'exciting' and doesnt get the croud jumping around.

leave hussey in the side until the end of the ashes. he is in enough form, hes just gotta find a break from brilliant bowling, bad luck and poor umpiring decisions and he will be on his way. he won the 06/07 ashes for australia, getting a century a game pretty much. plus hes a master of batting in the english conditions. ive said this before and i will say this again and again until he scores big, give him another chance. hes too good a player to let go IMO. plus australia needs a decent slip fielder, he is brilliant in gully and everywhere else on the field. doesnt drop many.

The "inform" Johnson? Swinging the ball well? Have I been had ... is this a forum for some fantasy Ashes competition?

Boris, of all the players who have come and gone in Test cricket, why should Mike Hussey be entitled to the excuse that "brilliant bowling, bad luck and poor umpiring decisions" have been the cause for his substandard returns? I don't mind the guy, and of course he is a good batsman, but as the guys have said in other forums, he has been scratching around for a year now. It's not good enough. Everyone else has to face the same stuff. He is continually failing and it is costing his team. Playing for your country is a priveledge, not a right.

husseys confidence is shot, the selectors are as much to blame as the players for the position we're currently in and its allmost like they want to prove to everyone that they were right all along, what ever the cost, MISTAKE no1, taking hussey, MISTAKE no2, taking 1 reserve batsman (and he's an allrounder), MISTAKE no3, not playing clark and not giving kreja a go, i think even the most avid hauritz supporter will admit that he's shit, kreja's a wkt taker and wkts we need, MISTAKE no4, dropping hughes, there are many more mistakes that happened when they chose the touring team. i do hope the entire selection crew are relieved of their duties.

Boris;358552 said:
lee will most likely be fit for the fourth test so its either siddle or johnson stepping aside as the selectors look keen and are following him very closely. hes looking to be bowling 100% by the end of day 5 third test. he, hilfy and the inform johnson can swing the ball well. there are your swinging options. i would love bracken in the team but like clark he is being snubbed because hes not 'exciting' and doesnt get the croud jumping around.

leave hussey in the side until the end of the ashes. he is in enough form, hes just gotta find a break from brilliant bowling, bad luck and poor umpiring decisions and he will be on his way. he won the 06/07 ashes for australia, getting a century a game pretty much. plus hes a master of batting in the english conditions. ive said this before and i will say this again and again until he scores big, give him another chance. hes too good a player to let go IMO. plus australia needs a decent slip fielder, he is brilliant in gully and everywhere else on the field. doesnt drop many.
if thats the case then he simply must play, clark too, as good as hilfys been he needs to make way for lee and siddle for clark, remember hilf and siddle were only selected due to the injurys of those two and now its time to put things right, we know what we're going to get with clark and even if he's a tad off colour he's still better than siddle and lee has the ability to really shake things up, if he's on song like he's last tour match then he could be a match winner, id also dump hauritz, i dont care if he's our leading wkt taker, fact is he's shit and rarely troubles the batsman, time for kreja, our bowling has been pathetic from day 1 and its time for a big shake up. hopefully hussey makes some runs tonight, we need him, all will not be forgotton if he does though.

I'm getting confused. Are you for or against Hussey DoP?

Am I right in saying you reckon he shouldn't be there, but since he is, you hope he makes a big score? He's made somewhere in between, which is a habit of struggling Australian batsmen holding onto a spot they've had for some time.

So what do your reckon now? If those frigging selectors had done their job we'd be saying "bring in Ferguson/Hodge/Jacques/Rogers or whoever", but they didn't so we can't. How about we bite the bullet and try to wrest control of this series by bringing Hughes back in to open, and slotting Watson back down to where he's realistically going to play if he continues in this side?

You stated last week: "johnsons gone, wont play in the test, if he does we need new selectors, in the 3rd test id drop hussey, johnson and north, and bring in watson, ronald and clark".

I liked this view better than any others offered. Have to take issue with your latest though. Hilf has been our standout bowler. Mitchell and Siddle have a future in this team, but not there, not now. If you cart all these bowlers across the oceans, there's no use them sitting on the sidelines when they're fit and we're not getting 20 wickets per Test.

Also, Hauritz has exceeded my low expectations, so we could do worse. Having said that, if we play on wickets not conducive to spin, go with the pacemen.

my opinions change based on what information i get, sometimes on a daily basis, i think johnsons a better bowler when he's not leading the attack, lets face it, he's not a great bowler and never will be but when he bowls with lee and clark i think he becomes a better bowler then he is (less pressure to perform), i think he did enough last night to suggest he's coming to grips with the duke ball, as for hussey, your spot on, not only would i not have selected him to tour England, but i wouldnt have selected him to tour SA either, but now that he's there and with no replacement available we have to play him, we could play hughes but he's form isnt great either and watsons doing the job as opener and i wouldnt like hughes batting at 6/7, as for mcdonald, id like to play him but at who's expence ? my pick would be hussey but you and i both know that wont happen, north maybe ? and regarding the selectors, they did play johnson and they should be sacked, johnson wont be dropped now because he's shown a glimmer of form.

but you are right, hilf shouldnt be dropped, if they play lee and clark then siddle and johnson should go, but they wont play lee and clark, i dont think clarks in their plans at all TBH, and i really dont know why.

If they play Lee, Siddle & Johnson, we're going to get 20 wickets- problem is they'll go at least 40 runs a pop! :eek:

With the need for 20 wickets and obviously none coming from Watson, may need to bring in McDonald for either Hauritz or a batsman

johnson is a definite. he bowled much better and going back to be an angry fast bowler intent on killing english. hes in for the fourth test.

lee is not a definite yet, and im not 100% whether to play him or not despite my support for him. he has had a long break and maybe, just maybe, he should wait for the tour game between the 4th and 5th test to have a go and see if hes still up for it. but this next test is all but a must win for australia, and the aussies have good batting form so even if lee goes for 40 runs per wicket and gets 5 or 6 wickets for the match and knock a few guys on the head i think its easily reachable, especially if clark is there to keep it tight and get a few wickets too. but i dont think clark is 'exciting' enough for the selectors. i dont know what they have planned, but whatever it is it seems to be without clark. what were they thinking really on the first test? i know hilfy has done very well, but he wasnt a huge standout from south africa and clark was fit and bowling well from the tour match, plus has endless experience and success in england, and being a guy averaging 22 after a decent amount of tests and they leave him out of the side? anyway siddle is meant to be his replacement, as long as siddle is in the side we can expect no clark, and comparing clark to siddle, i call them two very different bowlers and i know which one i prefer. siddle will get himself dropped soon and i will be cheering when he does. but that doesnt leave spots for both lee AND clark. with hilfy going well and the only swing bowler (lee and clark can both swing the ball, but not as well as hilfy) he is staying, so hauritz and siddle are the only fall guys. i think hauritz has a future with australia, i dont really like him but despite the bad write ups hes getting he is bowling better then any spin bowler england's tossing at australia. i would like to drop him to make way but a spinner is needed so i say its either clark or lee, not both for now (until either one of those two ends their career with bad form or mitch, hilfy or hauritz have a bad run). despite siddle bowling much better then i have come to see of him in the third test, still not good enough IMO, should be spearheading the attack in replace of johnson as he is clarks replacement and that was clarks job, but i would still move him aside for clark come test 4. if clark isnt exciting then siddle is much less so. play clark in the fourth test and lee in the fifth test for what should be the decider. unless the pitch and the conditions are right for lee, or for pace bowlers in general, then i have the tendency to knock off hauritz for that second place as well. sounds like a pretty devastating bowling line up that though when all in form: lee, clark, johnson, hilfenhaus and watson. i dont like hilfy but he has done more then required. if he faulters i would immediately put in a spinner ahead of him and leave everyone else alone, otherwise its lee or clark for the spinner.

i think watson can get wickets, maybe 1 or 2. hes not too bad a bowler, just gotta make sure hes going to be fit enough to do so. he has done so for queensland on numerous occasions and has a good record. also has been bowling well lately anyway. mcdonald IMO is just as good though, but i wouldnt make him open. watson is a definite for the next test. only doubtfuls are siddle and hauritz.

The only way I think the side will change is if Haddin or Lee are fit. Johnson won't be going anywhere - Australia will feel and look impotent without him and Lee. Clark should definitely get a run in one of these tests, and based on England's selection of Sidebottom in the extended squad it looks like its gonna swing. Selection will be interesting. I predict In: Haddin, Out: Manou.

The Arm Ball;358892 said:
The only way I think the side will change is if Haddin or Lee are fit. Johnson won't be going anywhere - Australia will feel and look impotent without him and Lee. Clark should definitely get a run in one of these tests, and based on England's selection of Sidebottom in the extended squad it looks like its gonna swing. Selection will be interesting. I predict In: Haddin, Out: Manou.

im not sure how anyone can overcome a broken finger within a couple of weeks, fingers take time to heal and he wouldnt have had any net practice or glove work in that time, i wouldnt be playing him, no way, get him right for the 5th test IMO, clark isnt even being mentioned which tells me he isnt in their plans at all which is mind boggling, id be playing lee and clark and dropping siddle and possibly johnson.

With no offence to Manou, the tail looked awfully long without Haddin there. ;)

He'll play the 4th test, drugs are his friend! :)

haddins been named out of that test already. they said that a couple of days ago. the finger is pretty bad and even though drugs will supress it, they arent going to make it better and hes only going to do something unecessary to it and need surgery or something else serious.

the selectors have something against clark. i just think its that they have positions 1-11 and then they fill those positions and have different players only viable for one position. siddle and clark are both vying for the one position. therefore only one or the other can play. if siddle is playing then clark isnt. and siddle is supposed to be in for a long career. may be the end of clark unfortunately...

and what about hauritz? you playing him?

TBH i dont even know if krejas touring, krejas a much better bowler IMO, he's a wkt taker, he can leak runs but he's worth it IMO, we do need a speciallist spinner though.

krezja isnt touring.

i think he is a better bowler but he doesnt have a very good cricket brain and is inconsistent. otherwise i would be happy to have him playing. he is a little out of contention at the moment though cause his last few SS games he went for about 10 and over and got very few wickets. went very well in the australia a games though and that improved his chances.

i would much prefer mcgain but he is a tad old, although he could really be playing until hes 45 like he says hes gonna.

it looks like we are stuck with hauritz until we find somebody way better, so we gotta make do with him for now. hes not as bad as everyone says he is.

Johnson, Clark, Lee, Hilfenhaus and Watson is a very exciting bowling attack, for the opposition batsmen :D

eddiesmith;358949 said:
Johnson, Clark, Lee, Hilfenhaus and Watson is a very exciting bowling attack, for the opposition batsmen :D

and you got better with evidence to back your claims?

Back