Michael Clarke Announces Retirement After This Ashes Series

I assume by tidy you actually mean shit? He made heaps of mistakes particularly against poor Nathan Lyon.

Haha, no!

By "tidy" i mean "tidy". if Wade made a few errors a few years ago, he clearly paid the price and fell down in the pecking order. The fact he is in India with the Aus A team indicates that he is next cab off the rank, and with Nevill far from convincing in England so far, a call up may be on the cards.

Nevill has a great opportunity to put the issue to rest at the oval, albeit in a dead rubber.

I'm surprised people are considering Nevill. I wasn't impressed by his Ashes performances so far. Granted he was okay behind the stumps but these days their batting is just as important!
Need to get over that for the minute. His batting was acceptable compared to everyone else but right now they just need a good set of gloves.

David Warner announced as the Test vice-Captain, let's just hope that Smithy can stay fit and healthy..

warner_skipper1347468.jpg

Warnie has a massive point though.
Whether you like or dislike pup, the rubbish going around about him is nothing but crap coming from his haters.
It has to stop and if guys like warnie get themselves involved so be it. They're putting their reputations on the line just like what the cricketers are when they are doing their job.
Unfortunately i am the wrong one to ask. Never like Clarke never rated him as a leader but i will concede his class with the bat. Warne on the other hand had it all except personal judgement. Made a complete bourke of himself far to many times and thinks his mates are the best. What a wan*&er.

David Warner announced as the Test vice-Captain, let's just hope that Smithy can stay fit and healthy..

warner_skipper1347468.jpg
Yea i see what and why just not sure that Warner has the long gevity in Test cricket. He is very out of touch and i don't see him as the type of player that will battle through it, he just expects it will come good. In the end the leaders need to be stable as players in the team

Haha, no!

By "tidy" i mean "tidy". if Wade made a few errors a few years ago, he clearly paid the price and fell down in the pecking order. The fact he is in India with the Aus A team indicates that he is next cab off the rank, and with Nevill far from convincing in England so far, a call up may be on the cards.

Nevill has a great opportunity to put the issue to rest at the oval, albeit in a dead rubber.
A bit left field but I reckon Wade had the potential to try and make it as just a Test batsman and drop the gloves. You can get away with 'tidy' in ODIs and T20 but you need a keeper right on their game in Test matches imo.

Unfortunately i am the wrong one to ask. Never like Clarke never rated him as a leader but i will concede his class with the bat. Warne on the other hand had it all except personal judgement. Made a complete bourke of himself far to many times and thinks his mates are the best. What a wan*&er.
I usually don't mind Warne too much but one thing I've noticed about him is he is really bad for hold grudges against people that he's had a disagreement in the past.

One poor series and Australia is lowering their standards? :p
HA HA ;), lets see how NZ go next summer. But really, i think there is far too much focus on the keeper being some kind of amazing batsman. They are there to keep wicket not fix the top orders problems for them. The first priority must always be having the best keeper in place then if they happen to be world class with the bat, good. Who have we had that was actually world class with the bat, Gilly that's it. Haddin and Healey were both good at times and both scored some important centuries in there time but neither would have held their place as a batsman.

HA HA ;), lets see how NZ go next summer. But really, i think there is far too much focus on the keeper being some kind of amazing batsman. They are there to keep wicket not fix the top orders problems for them. The first priority must always be having the best keeper in place then if they happen to be world class with the bat, good. Who have we had that was actually world class with the bat, Gilly that's it. Haddin and Healey were both good at times and both scored some important centuries in there time but neither would have held their place as a batsman.

But the trend is heading towards keepers being almost as good, even just as good as the batsmen... Look around the world at the keepers; Watling, Rahim, Dhoni, AB & Sangakara (before they gave it up) etc.. All of those players could get into those sides as batsmen alone. Sure, Australia could go back to the days when runs were a bonus but that would put you behind the times when it comes to keepers.

I'm not saying Australia should look for another Gilchrist because players like him are once in a generation but being able to make regular 50's at the very least is just as important as being steady behind the stumps.

Sledging is fine but acting like an a-hole still makes you an a-hole under the sledging 'banner'.

Clarke's "going to ****** break your arm!" is a good example of this...

That's the kind of sledging that shouldn't be in the game and players should be able to have beers with the opposition after the game if they want to!

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest. Seemed to be a bit of passion in the moment and I imagine things boiled over from the previous Ashes series where I assume Anderson would have ben getting into a few of them.

He's a good batsman at shield level, needs to be given a decent chance. Personally I think too much emphasis is put on batting ability for keeper selection unless we are talking Gilchrist like ability lol. As long as they are competent and can average at least 30 or something I'd take someone that is a gun keeper over an ordinary one. A half chance or 2 taken by a very good keeper and less **** ups is worth a lot more in swinging a than averaging an extra 10 runs or so with the bat.

I think it was a joke that Chris Hartley never seemed to ever even get looked at by selectors. Him not being the strongest with the bat is overstated a lot too, may not be the most elegant but fought out a lot of good innings for Queensland.

Hartley's average has increased a fair bit over the past couple of years. Before that he did have an average in the mid to high 20's.

He's definitely right to pay out on Symonds though, ffs rocking up pissed to play for Australia..

Yeah I have to agree with that one. Symonds doesn't really have much scope with his comments regarding leadership when you're rocking up to training sessions/games hungover/pissed.

Back