Mid Season Team of the Year

Re: Mid Season Team of the Year

Meadley made a swashbuckling 70 against South Barwon ( last years finallist )
and is the team for his known hitting ability, and M Hammond hasnt had his stats put under his name, his various stats have been given to, P Robertson & M Pearson and yet his year has been leaner than usual to date, his season last year taking 25 wickets at 10.5 has held his name in good stead amongst several players ( notably Scratcher Ryan from North Geelong who called him the best hard wicket bowler he had ever faced ) when he took 5-75 off 37 overs last year

daniel_son_91;301234 said:
M Hammond hasnt had his stats put under his name, his various stats have been given to, P Robertson & M Pearson

Are you saying that Hammond has been playing under a different name, and wins could be losses for opposition sides if there was a protest?

daniel_son_91;301241 said:
Big Fish ??

you know, a big fish in a small pond. Not saying all these guys fit into this mould but historically there are a few players that like being guns in a small pond. i.e take the easy option of smashing centuries in the 3rd/4th XI when they are good enough to be playing higher. Happens at all clubs.

right arm medium;301483 said:
Are you saying that Hammond has been playing under a different name, and wins could be losses for opposition sides if there was a protest?

No not at all our team sheets, say M Hammond but our internet writer ?? seems to mess up names weekly

gca_ipl;301603 said:
you know, a big fish in a small pond. Not saying all these guys fit into this mould but historically there are a few players that like being guns in a small pond. i.e take the easy option of smashing centuries in the 3rd/4th XI when they are good enough to be playing higher. Happens at all clubs.

ahh yes i see, alot of Newtown & Chilwell players come to mind !!
Paul Sheahan
Steve Lewis
Cam Russell
4 of the players that knocked us off in the 4ths semi final last year, have played firsts this year :| ( they must struggle playing without hearts )

daniel_son_91;301785 said:
ahh yes i see, alot of Newtown & Chilwell players come to mind !!
Paul Sheahan
Steve Lewis
Cam Russell
4 of the players that knocked us off in the 4ths semi final last year, have played firsts this year :| ( they must struggle playing without hearts )
Being from north geelong i respect ur comments and stuff mate.. and yer ur right about wat scratcha sed about that bloke.. and even including Viv Ty and Big C in the side, i respect u for that... but in away steve lewis and paul sheahan are both the wrong side of 40 and are probably only playing out there last few years in the lower grades to help the club

i hate sticking up for newtown as they are one of our biggest rivals but still these blokes are fossils that can play the game.. but why should they keep the younger players out.. i.e yves roussetty, jai sheahan, jordan lewis, darcy delrio.

I Bowl Meat Pies;301801 said:
Being from north geelong i respect ur comments and stuff mate.. and yer ur right about wat scratcha sed about that bloke.. and even including Viv Ty and Big C in the side, i respect u for that... but in away steve lewis and paul sheahan are both the wrong side of 40 and are probably only playing out there last few years in the lower grades to help the club

i hate sticking up for newtown as they are one of our biggest rivals but still these blokes are fossils that can play the game.. but why should they keep the younger players out.. i.e yves roussetty, jai sheahan, jordan lewis, darcy delrio.

yeh your right about Sheahan & Lewis, that was probably sour grapes for my loss last season. come to look back on it i really only point that out for my dislike for N&C (especially Jamie Pescott (89 ) Andrew Green(55) ), , was great last saturday playing against North, have heaps of respect for that side and will hopefully get to play them all again, especially some blokes that are there every week, Scratch, Keg, Chris Ronald, Viv, Dave Lindorf & hopefully Piggy, Phil Creswell & Clubber aswell

daniel_son_91;301889 said:
yeh your right about Sheahan & Lewis, that was probably sour grapes for my loss last season. come to look back on it i really only point that out for my dislike for N&C (especially Jamie Pescott (89 ) Andrew Green(55) ), , was great last saturday playing against North, have heaps of respect for that side and will hopefully get to play them all again, especially some blokes that are there every week, Scratch, Keg, Chris Ronald, Viv, Dave Lindorf & hopefully Piggy, Phil Creswell & Clubber aswell
Yer mate u newcomb blokes arent a bad bunch to play with... u obvisously played 3rds last week with the names u were rolling off... pig and phil played 4s while clubba is in semi retirement and only comes out wen hes needed...

i had a fair bit to say about newcomb a few eeeks back bt after playing against u blokes last game of the year.. youse r just like us... a good group of young blokes blended in with sum decent old veterans... dave lindorf would probably neally be in that 3rds and 4ths team of at the mid year point.. he hasnt failed yet this season..

and just for the boys at the club... can u tell me if there was a run in that mix up between viv and lindorf.. cos viv came bakk to the club saying that he was burnt.. but we've all heard other stories

I Bowl Meat Pies;302290 said:
Yer mate u newcomb blokes arent a bad bunch to play with... u obvisously played 3rds last week with the names u were rolling off... pig and phil played 4s while clubba is in semi retirement and only comes out wen hes needed...

i had a fair bit to say about newcomb a few eeeks back bt after playing against u blokes last game of the year.. youse r just like us... a good group of young blokes blended in with sum decent old veterans... dave lindorf would probably neally be in that 3rds and 4ths team of at the mid year point.. he hasnt failed yet this season..

and just for the boys at the club... can u tell me if there was a run in that mix up between viv and lindorf.. cos viv came bakk to the club saying that he was burnt.. but we've all heard other stories

in 3rds cricket there was definitely a run, but a 13 year old kid who throws himself around dived on it and another bloke ( in point/gully ) picked it up and nailed the stumps, Viv was very stiff, and Dave Lindorf was considereed in my thinking, but had enough North blokes in there. just a question what grade are you yourself playing and what is your name ?? and yes weve got a few old blokes now, but are struggling to piece together teams right now, its very un-committed down there right now. :(

daniel_son_91;302642 said:
in 3rds cricket there was definitely a run, but a 13 year old kid who throws himself around dived on it and another bloke ( in point/gully ) picked it up and nailed the stumps, Viv was very stiff, and Dave Lindorf was considereed in my thinking, but had enough North blokes in there. just a question what grade are you yourself playing and what is your name ?? and yes weve got a few old blokes now, but are struggling to piece together teams right now, its very un-committed down there right now. :(
i played 4s last round against u blokes,have been in between 3s and 4s all year but for the last game was in the 4s.. thats wat i was gettin at with the older blokes.. uve got plenty of em down there... and a couple of young blokes.. ur keeper smith seemed to be playing in a lower grade than normal

I Bowl Meat Pies;302921 said:
i played 4s last round against u blokes,have been in between 3s and 4s all year but for the last game was in the 4s.. thats wat i was gettin at with the older blokes.. uve got plenty of em down there... and a couple of young blokes.. ur keeper smith seemed to be playing in a lower grade than normal

smith hes not well liked and was only playing higher when we had 27 & 19 unavailable players..

daniel_son_91;302974 said:
smith hes not well liked and was only playing higher when we had 27 & 19 unavailable players..

gee thats a bit hard on a young bloke.. maybe thats why im playing down there as well.. not well liked :cool:

tim finnigan;298177 said:
thats a good side but your right you could nearly name 4 gca1 all star teams that would destroy the gca2 side. Id say a gca3 side would probably beat the gca2 side aswell,may sound a little stupid but if you put down the best in gca3 you'll find some very very good players who are playing in standard that is beneath them.

righto mr finnigan, ya were goin ok of late unitl this crap came out, the gca3 would not get close to the gca 2 side, and if it did it would only be due to the fergmeister. now go and paint something will ya:p

I Bowl Meat Pies;302982 said:
gee thats a bit hard on a young bloke.. maybe thats why im playing down there as well.. not well liked :cool:

harsh, not really, hasnt earnt himself any favors, is 10 times the mouth of hester with 1/4 the ability. ( also let through 36 byes a few weeks ago when i had to play 2nds with him ) :| :| :|

daniel_son_91;303419 said:
harsh, not really, hasnt earnt himself any favors, is 10 times the mouth of hester with 1/4 the ability. ( also let through 36 byes a few weeks ago when i had to play 2nds with him ) :| :| :|

also dropped 7 or 8 catches from memory?

cow-corner;303444 said:
also dropped 7 or 8 catches from memory?
lol rito.. he must of had a good day against us... either that or the hangover that i had was giving me the wrong impressions.... daniel son.. did u play in the game against west when that apparent blew took place.. or do u have any info on wat actually happened that day

I Bowl Meat Pies;303451 said:
lol rito.. he must of had a good day against us... either that or the hangover that i had was giving me the wrong impressions.... daniel son.. did u play in the game against west when that apparent blew took place.. or do u have any info on wat actually happened that day

nah dude was playing 3rds, but know the whole story, Jeremy Williams got wests opener out and told him hed just been sucked in by a 45 year old and the west opener had a tearry and whacked him in the ribs with the bat, then everyone sort of started yelling and was eventually resolved by our boys walking off. unfortunately played 3rds that week and got smacked for near 4 an over without a wicket :(

Back