MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

16cans;402161 said:
Different voice & philosophy can only be helpful. Will be interesting 2 c if consistent non performers r willing 2 drop a grade or 2 to help the younger blokes develop or the non future width of their wallets will be a factor in going/retiring. From the bar time will tell.
Heard a whisper an all rounder or 2 from another comp r thinking about heading your way 2 play with a mate there? if name mentioned is correct, very handy pick up. Wont be fair 2 name drop if not true, other clubs will have 2 wait & c.

TBH mate i have no idea. I havent heard much, you know more than i do.

The only thing i have heard is we have picked up two batsmen, but it only June after all.

I have no idea who they are though, no-one is saying much.

Just on Terra, it does sound a bit disrespectful to the guy that blokes are re-thinking about playing with Pacco this season.

He has been there since he was a kid, and he isnt a bad bloke.

16cans;402161 said:
Different voice & philosophy can only be helpful. Will be interesting 2 c if consistent non performers r willing 2 drop a grade or 2 to help the younger blokes develop or the non future width of their wallets will be a factor in going/retiring. From the bar time will tell.
Heard a whisper an all rounder or 2 from another comp r thinking about heading your way 2 play with a mate there? if name mentioned is correct, very handy pick up. Wont be fair 2 name drop if not true, other clubs will have 2 wait & c.

The only thing i have heard is we have picked up two batsmen, but it only June after all.

Just on Terra, it does sound a bit disrespectful to the guy that blokes are re-thinking about playing with Pacco this season.

mmvca;402235 said:

you been on the turps harry

essendon2000;402309 said:
you been on the turps harry

lol been giving a nudge over winter, thats for sure. Off to Hawaii in a couple of weeks, so will be a full alco by the time i get back i think.:p

16cans;401937 said:
Right appointment made with Barravecchio as captain/coach @ Paccoe.
Keeps enthusiasm going all day regardless of outcome.
Rumour was a few going/retiring b4 appointment was made, they might now have a change of heart.

I herd that he only wants to coach not Captain/coach, if this is the case and the club want culture change who would be the best person for the job. Ive been at this club for many years and it would not have to many there who dont have baggage. Im buggerd if i know who would be best to do it, if the reports are true he only wants to coach.

3D-503;402469 said:
I herd that he only wants to coach not Captain/coach, if this is the case and the club want culture change who would be the best person for the job. Ive been at this club for many years and it would not have to many there who dont have baggage. Im buggerd if i know who would be best to do it, if the reports are true he only wants to coach.

Willing 2 coach, willing 2 be paid 2 coach, willing 2 open the batting in A grade, but not willing 2 captain. OMFG. Maybe Terra should reconsider, at least he had some beads.
On match day, when the coach & the captain r playing in the same side, does the coach who is paid by the club over rule the captain on how certain players should be playing?
Just a question.

16cans;402526 said:
Willing 2 coach, willing 2 be paid 2 coach, willing 2 open the batting in A grade, but not willing 2 captain. OMFG. Maybe Terra should reconsider, at least he had some beads.
On match day, when the coach & the captain r playing in the same side, does the coach who is paid by the club over rule the captain on how certain players should be playing?
Just a question.
Like i said i have only hird that from another source it may not be right, either way hes the right man for the job. My Question was if he is not going to captain and thats a IF who would be the best option

3D-503;402535 said:
Like i said i have only hird that from another source it may not be right, either way hes the right man for the job. My Question was if he is not going to captain and thats a IF who would be the best option

Does not make sense for him not to Captain if he is going to coach and if he is going to continue to play A grade.

You cant have a captain and a separate coach playing in the same team. All valid questions raise by 16Cans.

He is good enough to keep playing ones and certainly would be a good coach.

I wish him all the best. Good bloke.

putabellintheball;402537 said:
Does not make sense for him not to Captain if he is going to coach and if he is going to continue to play A grade.

Hear ur off 2 greener pastures & higher level, if true all the best, one of the true gents of comp.
The young replacement (20/21) should do ok & a good pick up, quick enough.

Also hear Costello on the go, subbies is the talk.

16cans;402526 said:
Just a question.

It's a disaster waiting to happen. I have seen it happen many times and the outcome usually is the coach plays in the twos and coachs the club!! I would consider Dom to probably be the first guy picked each week surely the club wouldn't leave themselves open to have to make a decision if the captain and the coach don't agree on what's happening. If he's strong enough to coach the club and has the balls to push his message surely he has them when it comes to captaining the firsts. No good can come of a captain and coach playing in the same side!!

16cans;402541 said:
putabellintheball;402537 said:

Hear ur off 2 greener pastures & higher level, if true all the best, one of the true gents of comp.
The young replacement (20/21) should do ok & a good pick up, quick enough.

Also hear Costello on the go, subbies is the talk.

Hey Cans, yeah I am going to give another comp a run. Essentially nothing to do with Easts - love them to death but I only have a couple of years of cricket left in me at best (kids etc) so I want to play in a comp that might hopefully have better decks and grounds. Not leaving to play a higher standard of cricket as such - will play as high as I can but it more about the conditions.

Council looking after the MMVCA do give a toss and I for one dont want to put in 20 hours a week to play on crap.

New C/C at Easts is a young guy but I think it will be a great thing for them.

Look to see Easts climb back up the ladder very quickly!

Costello will a huge loss. Very important player to them.

Same as Callum - I hear here is off to District?

Guru14;402562 said:
It's a disaster waiting to happen. I have seen it happen many times and the outcome usually is the coach plays in the twos and coachs the club!! I would consider Dom to probably be the first guy picked each week surely the club wouldn't leave themselves open to have to make a decision if the captain and the coach don't agree on what's happening. If he's strong enough to coach the club and has the balls to push his message surely he has them when it comes to captaining the firsts. No good can come of a captain and coach playing in the same side!!

I agree Guru - if my coach was in the ones in the last few years with me leading the ones - it would have been impossible.

The coach would always have his 2 cents into every decision and you cant be under-minded on the field.

Captains live and die by the decisions.

I always re-cap a game with the coach and take his advice but at the end of the day it was always my call.

I cant see Dom not taking the captaincy. He should - he is great leader already.

putabellintheball;402568 said:
16cans;402541 said:
Hey Cans, yeah I am going to give another comp a run. Essentially nothing to do with Easts - love them to death but I only have a couple of years of cricket left in me at best (kids etc) so I want to play in a comp that might hopefully have better decks and grounds. Not leaving to play a higher standard of cricket as such - will play as high as I can but it more about the conditions.

Council looking after the MMVCA do give a toss and I for one dont want to put in 20 hours a week to play on crap.

New C/C at Easts is a young guy but I think it will be a great thing for them.

Look to see Easts climb back up the ladder very quickly!

Costello will a huge loss. Very important player to them.

Same as Callum - I hear here is off to District?

Yeah Cal is heading back to Prahran for another crack at district.... will leave a large gap. Matt Roberts is the new Redback Captain Coach with Michael Barker Assistant coach. Great to have Barks back after a year off, will add to the bowling stocks.

Smoke My Bat;402574 said:
putabellintheball;402568 said:
Yeah Cal is heading back to Prahran for another crack at district.... will leave a large gap. Matt Roberts is the new Redback Captain Coach with Michael Barker Assistant coach. Great to have Barks back after a year off, will add to the bowling stocks.

Did roberts play at your club last year???? what does he do?? bat/bowl??
i reckon this year wll be one of the most even years yet?? any more news on signings or possibilities??

putabellintheball;402569 said:
I agree Guru - if my coach was in the ones in the last few years with me leading the ones - it would have been impossible.

The coach would always have his 2 cents into every decision and you cant be under-minded on the field.

Captains live and die by the decisions.

I always re-cap a game with the coach and take his advice but at the end of the day it was always my call.

I cant see Dom not taking the captaincy. He should - he is great leader already.

If you are heading on it's a same mate. From my point of view you did an absolute sterling job in tough conditions. i hope you get to enjoy your cricket over the next couple of years, one of the nicest blokes on the MMVCA and a shame to lose you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back