MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Gladyboy;372258 said:
Get over yourself mate its not like it happens weekly will you be vindicated next year when we have a cash raid on your club!:cool:
I'm not your mate. Did the same thing happen in last years finals series?

And to openly get on here and state just how many guys you pay, just goes to show how much of a joke your comp is.

Keep getting the players from our comp peanut, because everyone knows that they will go elsewhere once the cash runs out.

Next you will be telling us fitzy doesn't get paid lol!!!!!

old hack;372301 said:
Just giving King Kong a wrap, have no interest in Pascoe at all. No hatred nothing at all. Think about you once a year and thats it. Maybe twice this year if your good enough and you seem to think you are. Good luck to you.

We don't care about anyone else but St Andrews. Very happy to hear that Matty Woodhouse is going so well, and that old bloke is ok too. Lucky Matty carried him the as you said. I would hate to see old Nev as the aggressor!

Did you manage to have any leg side fielders for him this year? LOL

Hey Jolley, i see not much has changed from your end as well! Have you learnt how to catch a ball and run yet? I doubt it!

slipofthetongue;372430 said:
Hey Jolley, i see not much has changed from your end as well! Have you learnt how to catch a ball and run yet? I doubt it!

You are right again nothing has changed, St Andrews beat Pascoe again!!

So did you have any fielders on the leg side this year?? Genius!!!

Or did Nev take the ball from outside off and hit it behind square and you have a go at the bowler. All your team mates are laughing at you. As I said Genius!!!

I know I can't catch, I know I can't run. Why are you so worried about me then? Can't remember if I ever made any runs against your mob!

I told you on the field many times, " Slow learner, if you learn at all"

How did the flyers go, you get a good crowd? Losers

How did you go asking everyone to get new shirts, you know the ones without your sponsor on them. Again Losers.

Any infighting last saturday?

I can just imagine Ice Man reading this and laughing, hope you are.

cricket tragic;372160 said:
Couldn't help yourself,

I would have thought that most people would have considered chasing down 200 and getting within 20 odd runs on a slowing and lowering wicket was a valiant effort.

This game was not as one sided as your hatred may have lead you to believe. [COLOR="Red"[B]]There was only one player that made the difference and that was Woodhouse.[/[/B]COLOR] His inning took the game just out of reach.

At the start of play, I thought 170 would be a challenging chase.

We start well, controlled the game early by bowling to plans we believed would leave us with that type of chase, even though Taylor made 81 no and played well, he did not dominate us like last time around. If Woodhouse hadn't done what he did then I believe Taylor would have been force to become the aggressor, well I think a few more good opportunities would have presented themselves.

I think Woodhouse could become the most dominate player in the comp, hits it as cleanly as I has seen from ball one, his only down fall will be, that he doesn't respect any bowling. Any bowler can bowl a wicket taking ball.

Little Jed looked good as expected, good decision to open with him, pace on the ball suits him. He could have a made a fair few if it wasn't for the peanut gallery of supporters who cheered his every breath and got him to state where he felt need to try and hit every ball for 4 to please them. [COLOR="red"]I am not sure what they were trying to prove as not a word was said to him as he is a good kid and that is not the new Pascoe Vale way[/COLOR]. Good Luck Jed for the rest of the year, I hope you prove me right and by the end of the year play a fair few games in the seconds. When you get a chance to speak to Matthew Drain, I believe he will be doing some batting coaching down there this year, listen very closely and learn a lot.

Pascoe Vale positives were again the performances of different people, Ross 37 and J Gavo with a very good 50 and also Preston, the pick of the bowlers all day.
I said we wanted a solid performance win or lose draw to gauge our improvement, we achieved that and now re assess this game and improve again.
Pascoe Vale of the past would have folded for 130, so underestimate us at your own peril. Bring on the 2 day games.

Best of Luck to the St Andrews boys, played in good sprit, except for the one simpleton who I probably shouldn't waste effort on, but seriously get a life that you’re happy with, your obviously coming into weekends a very angry and frustrated individual.Impressed with Smoke, we know he can bowl, but his leadership was good after Taylor injured himself, with the right guidance there is no reason he can not captain this club in the near future and for long time after. (PS nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleave ie.. throwing the stumps down). Looking forward to battle, come finals time.

As you see this post maybe St Andrew bias but we are moving along nicely and I don't want to give up any trade secrets. More importantly, you need to assess the better teams and learn and therefore be better prepared next time around. That will be finals and in a knock out situation.

Matty is a gun, but always remember someone else in the side can step up.....like the KONG, NEV, SCOTTY etc.

Nothing said to Jed mmm..not sure if all was heard out there.

And lastly, calling someone a simpleton is a bit rich coming from a club that sent flyers out to rally the local community in PARK cricket, stalling registrations of players/juniors, no tv available to watch the races and selling jb cans for 7 bucks.

Thats just not cricket

old hack;372504 said:
You are right again nothing has changed, St Andrews beat Pascoe again!!

So did you have any fielders on the leg side this year?? Genius!!!

Or did Nev take the ball from outside off and hit it behind square and you have a go at the bowler. All your team mates are laughing at you. As I said Genius!!!

I know I can't catch, I know I can't run. Why are you so worried about me then? Can't remember if I ever made any runs against your mob!

I told you on the field many times, " Slow learner, if you learn at all"

How did the flyers go, you get a good crowd? Losers

How did you go asking everyone to get new shirts, you know the ones without your sponsor on them. Again Losers.

Any infighting last saturday?

I can just imagine Ice Man reading this and laughing, hope you are.

meow ooohhhhhhhhh jolly and rosco still love each other :D :eek: :confused:

slipofthetongue;372430 said:

Falling for it everytime. Whether on the field or on the internet.

A nice insult but i would have thought the guy can play cricket. Again just worry about yourselves, St Andrews dont care about you and to get that personal is a bit rich.

A bit like a player saying that they would get there mates to put a bullet in the brain of one of the saints players......

But no, paccoe have changed and are all sweethearts.

My first and last posts on the matter, Good luck to all

Once again I find myself having to check to see if this a junior or senior thread.

Let's keep it classy, shall we? Petty insults and taking cheap shots is more than a little pathetic.

mas cambios;372541 said:
Once again I find myself having to check to see if this a junior or senior thread.

Let's keep it classy, shall we? Petty insults and taking cheap shots is more than a little pathetic.

here - here, mas, you are correct in your assumption :cool: jolly seems to regret taking up the offer to coach pascoe a couple of years ago, he wanted toooooooo much $$$$$$ - this i overherd at a MMVCA presentation at "El-Chichio's" a couple/few years ago he was more concerned about getting business for his fledgling telco buisness

eureka;372546 said:
here - here, mas, you are correct in your assumption :cool: jolly seems to regret taking up the offer to coach pascoe a couple of years ago, he wanted toooooooo much $$$$$$ - this i overherd at a MMVCA presentation at "El-Chichio's" a couple/few years ago he was more concerned about getting business for his fledgling telco buisness

FOS handles all matters of $$$ and contracts so he would have had to agree to terms.

Are you laughing Ice Man?

All I said was Well Done King Kong!

old hack;372578 said:
FOS handles all matters of $$$ and contracts so he would have had to agree to terms.

U have a lot to answer for GURU. could not shut up cricket tragic previously on how good he thinks he is & how every1 should bat like him, but now after 1performance in many years in the last game last season when there was no pressure & no chance of making finals, he now struts around like Sir Don.

An explanation would be appreciated on how u let him get a ton & give us all another 6 month earache. LOL

All this from a (well done) comment. Who needs berley OLD HACK reeled them in.

old hack;372578 said:

Gday old hack good to see ya can still throw a line out and get bites when not in this comp. Now why dont you come back to the mighty saints and then watch wat you can reel in.;)

Are there any other club news and issues on here other than St Andrews every bloody week!? Now Pascoe Vale have joined in too.

Come on lads lets talk cricket and who are the early improvers after 3 rounds, who is disappointing and who needs to step up.

I know my club is struggling...but we are working hard on developing some young guys and have a 2-3 year plan.

It appears the St Francis, Merlo and St Andrews are all cruising and Sunshine and East Coburg are really struggling!
Some excellent performances from Woodsy and Parker, they seem to be the dominant players in the comp at the moment! Great starts to the season!
We've been a bit unlucky but we are hoping to get another win this week with our first 2 day game!
Good luck everyone!

topspot;372848 said:
does anybody rate glenroy......
Thats a stupid question, they got the premiership last year they have to be rated as a good side. So who do you rate topspot.

kingkong;372861 said:
Thats a stupid question, they got the premiership last year they have to be rated as a good side. So who do you rate topspot.

Agree with you Kong. Glenroy certainly to be written off at your own peril topspot. They will be a good side for a few years to come with a good young team.

Why dont you rate them?

RooBoy;372761 said:
Are there any other club news and issues on here other than St Andrews every bloody week!? Now Pascoe Vale have joined in too.

Come on lads lets talk cricket and who are the early improvers after 3 rounds, who is disappointing and who needs to step up.

I know my club is struggling...but we are working hard on developing some young guys and have a 2-3 year plan.

Not really, lets just de-register St Andrews, altogether, then the rest of us will be happy :) :D :)

topspot;372850 said:
parker he play for glenroy c c, does anybody rate glenroy because i DONT

Topspot, you are a blonk, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just think you may be looking at some other competition if you do not rate Glenroy. They have been there or thereabouts the last 5 seasons and have a very young side, as young as any going around at the moment.

As Kong & Pullabellintheball said, Glenroy won the flag last season and finished off last year as strong as anyone.

What don't you rate about them? I would like to hear it. Weak batting line up? Weak bowlers?

Have you actually played against them? How did you guys go? Who do you play for Topspot?

I would like to get some other people's opinions on Glenroy, and also some other teams that are showing potential early this season:
- St Andrews - Very good side as we all know
- Merlo - Very young side and well led by Murray. Have picked up a couple of players by the looks of things and are definitely on the improve
- St Francis - Some young guns, Costello and Babo still the keys, but with Harding and Eilers getting amongst the runs and Calleri supporting Costello, they are looking very solid at this stage. A very young side other that Phil. All goes well for their future.
- Sunshine Heights - Unlucky to lose to both GF sides in rounds 1&2. On the improve
- St Mary's - struggling at the moment to find their best form, but again, write them off at your own peril, they have a very similar side that has enabled them to finish 1 & 2 after home & away the last years. Interesting game this week against Glenroy.

Yes, St Andrews, Merlo and St Francis have all got off to flyers this year. But it is a very even competition. And to not rate certain sides this early in the season is fool hardy.

Cheers

topspot;372850 said:
parker he play for glenroy c c, does anybody rate glenroy because i DONT

Yes Parker does play for Glenroy. And WE DON'T CARE who rates us or doesn't rate us. We are a young side and have nothing to prove to anyone other than ourselves.

But it is interesting to hear your comments topspot, because you & your team must be pretty good and must have smashed us a few times (and won a couple of flags along the way, you must play for St Andrews?) for you to draw that conclusion. Who do you play for? I look forward to meeting you guys this season (if we haven't already).

My tips for this round:
West - too good for East across the board at this stage
Glenroy
Socials - too strong for Sunshine YCW. Dean Paccholi is a gun bat for YCW and they are very eager in the field. They will struggle this year but i believe YCW are a well run club and will improve in the coming seasons. They also are very good between the wickets. I think this game may be a little closer than people think.
Merlo - BSU good win last week, but Merlo looking like top 4 side at this early stage
PVSC - If they are to make finals, they need to win games like this. Sunshine Heights are a very dangerous side and can get away from you very quickly though if you are not careful
St Andrews - Toss of a coin job this one, only really based on past performance (we haven't seen either side yet this season). St Francis look to be big improvers as well this year and are well lead by Matty Costello.

Good luck to all this week (other than St Mary's of course).;)

Who is everyone tipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back