MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

DoubleUp;373066 said:
I really hope I'm wrong but a little bemused by the decision on covers!! We should see rain tonight and plenty of it!!! My tip! No turf tomorrow.......

This was a 50/50 call today on whether to put covers down. The reason I decided to go the way I did was because the council had not completed preparing wickets, which they will be doing tomorrow morning from 7.30am onwards.
I felt that they would be turning up to wet wickets from todays rain and if we had covers on all night, they would have not been given any chance to dry and then been unable to be rolled.
Yes, there is some rain on the way tonight, but I'm hoping it comes early and therefore it allows the rest of the night for them at to least improve.
Spoke to a number of people about whether to put them down or not and there was pro's and con's for both ways.
Fingers crossed the right call was made. Just think we have more chance of playing this way. A decision will be made at 9am

bomber27;373069 said:
This was a 50/50 call today on whether to put covers down. The reason I decided to go the way I did was because the council had not completed preparing wickets, which they will be doing tomorrow morning from 7.30am onwards.
I felt that they would be turning up to wet wickets from todays rain and if we had covers on all night, they would have not been given any chance to dry and then been unable to be rolled.
Yes, there is some rain on the way tonight, but I'm hoping it comes early and therefore it allows the rest of the night for them at to least improve.
Spoke to a number of people about whether to put them down or not and there was pro's and con's for both ways.
Fingers crossed the right call was made. Just think we have more chance of playing this way. A decision will be made at 9am

tough call either way but I just checked BOM and there is a bucket load in about 1 hour to hit..... :(

heres hoping thats the last of it for tonight.

putabellintheball;373077 said:
tough call either way but I just checked BOM and there is a bucket load in about 1 hour to hit..... :(

heres hoping thats the last of it for tonight.

Yeah, just had a look at that. Plenty of yellow and red, which is not good:eek:

bomber27;373079 said:
Yeah, just had a look at that. Plenty of yellow and red, which is not good:eek:

the way things r going u blokes will be lucky to play a hand full of games, mite need 2 go 2 the hard wickets a.

what was the wash up from the weekend? (no pun intended!)

Did Bomber and the guys make the right call?

How did the wickets play?

- Brearley is underdone. I would have waited at least another 4 weeks before playing on it....

VALES - best track in comp, sir don should come into his own here. Rhodes
loves his home deck

2 out of three good calls... the don failed. Rhodes loved his own deck. and by far best deck in the comp. by the length of the flemington straight.

"topspot" clearly you dont know your cricket glenroy won the flag last season when you were hiding in your cave you should keep opinions to yourself because im tipping the glenroy boys to go back to back there youth is to strong.

putabellintheball;373228 said:
what was the wash up from the weekend? (no pun intended!)

Did Bomber and the guys make the right call?

How did the wickets play?

- Brearley is underdone. I would have waited at least another 4 weeks before playing on it....

totally agree with you Sean, our track is poor and well under prepared, cant see how the council think it is fit for play and the comp should be fixturing games elsewhere as it is a mine field at the moment.

justoutsideoff;373266 said:
VALES - best track in comp, sir don should come into his own here. Rhodes
loves his home deck

2 out of three good calls... the don failed. Rhodes loved his own deck. and by far best deck in the comp. by the length of the flemington straight.

feedback i got is that Rhodes bowled short stuff all day and struggled thru the match!! - just a birdie told me.

RooBoy;373354 said:
feedback i got is that Rhodes bowled short stuff all day and struggled thru the match!! - just a birdie told me.

Thought he bowled smart, short boundarys on the straight & had a few jumping. Bad shot selection led to downfall of a few. Great knock by Jarryd.
Have the bowlers to cover 200, forgot the real Don pulled out, would have had heights chasing 300+
We no u like to write a book on monday tragic & your summory goes for 20 min, but some 1 had to fill those big shoes of yours even though not as long.:)

RooBoy;373354 said:

just looking at the my cricket scores put in for this week and only one bowler bowled more overs than rhodes. just wondering how unfit is the rest of the bolwers in the compition if he is struggling thru the whole day and bowling 16overs.

justoutsideoff;373378 said:
just looking at the my cricket scores put in for this week and only one bowler bowled more overs than rhodes. just wondering how unfit is the rest of the bolwers in the compition if he is struggling thru the whole day and bowling 16overs.

i stand corrected.....my birdie got it wrong then!

putabellintheball;372882 said:
Agree with you Kong. Glenroy certainly to be written off at your own peril topspot. They will be a good side for a few years to come with a good young team.

Why dont you rate them?

not you ding dong

16cans;373364 said:
Thought he bowled smart, short boundarys on the straight & had a few jumping. Bad shot selection led to downfall of a few. Great knock by Jarryd.
Have the bowlers to cover 200, forgot the real Don pulled out, would have had heights chasing 300+
We no u like to write a book on monday tragic & your summory goes for 20 min, but some 1 had to fill those big shoes of yours even though not as long.:)

come on ....give it a try :) :D

justoutsideoff;373378 said:

How unfit the rest of the comp is... that really is a nice jokee.... it actually highlights how much a club like Sunshine Heights have to rely on there number rone bowler to get them through to victory.... clubs like st andrews, st francis and possibly pacco have enough bowlers, and a variety of it to get them through the game without wearing out there number one bowler :)

And i would also like to state how much it pleases me that Ross Terra made a quacker, after all the pressure he has put on the kids that left to st andrews at the start of the season.. and it also proves how much the kids dislike him when young Jed got nhim out and went nuts over it... pity there was no send off there woulda lightened my day up :)

alcopop - viewed - ista kareem - master o'riely - kabootz - shocking, for the staight six,........... what are ur thoughts ppl's :cool: :rolleyes: :)

GauginStars;373465 said:
And i would also like to state how much it pleases me that Ross Terra made a quacker, after all the pressure he has put on the kids that left to st andrews at the start of the season.. and it also proves how much the kids dislike him when young Jed got nhim out and went nuts over it... pity there was no send off there woulda lightened my day up :)

to bad u wer'nt there to see it ahh fiddy, trying to deflect onto the kids ?

GauginStars;373465 said:

Grow up u were told recently on another site about your lack of respect & manners.

gordon ramsey;373491 said:
alcopop - viewed - ista kareem - master o'riely - kabootz - shocking, for the staight six,........... what are ur thoughts ppl's :cool: :rolleyes: :)

Drop pen on paper & got horse 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back