MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

GauginStars;373465 said:
And i would also like to state how much it pleases me that Ross Terra made a quacker, after all the pressure he has put on the kids that left to st andrews at the start of the season.. and it also proves how much the kids dislike him when young Jed got nhim out and went nuts over it... pity there was no send off there woulda lightened my day up :)

Ross is a well respected person at our club as far as i know he did not put any pressure on those kids. Everyone make a duck now and then who care if he did on sat, we are all backing him to make plenty this year after 3 years of very few runs he has started ok this year a 18 not out and a 37 he is on his way look out.

3D-503;373560 said:
Ross is a well respected person at our club as far as i know he did not put any pressure on those kids. Everyone make a duck now and then who care if he did on sat, we are all backing him to make plenty this year after 3 years of very few runs he has started ok this year a 18 not out and a 37 he is on his way look out.

can i just pass on my condolances to anyone on here from the socials cricket club on the tragic loss of their gun one day batsman joey t.! he was a good mate of my brother (not through cricket ,but through soccer) and i know he loved his cricket and made a s@it load of runs in the one day comp.

GauginStars;373465 said:
And i would also like to state how much it pleases me that Ross Terra made a quacker, after all the pressure he has put on the kids that left to st andrews at the start of the season.. and it also proves how much the kids dislike him when young Jed got nhim out and went nuts over it... pity there was no send off there woulda lightened my day up :)

Obviously you don't belong to the Pascoe Vale Sports Club anymore champ! (Like your profile says). You were certainly not playing A Grade and further more you don't have much of an idea. That about sums you up...simple!

pelican player;373570 said:
can i just pass on my condolances to anyone on here from the socials cricket club on the tragic loss of their gun one day batsman joey t.! he was a good mate of my brother (not through cricket ,but through soccer) and i know he loved his cricket and made a s@it load of runs in the one day comp.

Sorry 2 hear never played a game against him but from all reports a great man

GauginStars;373465 said:

are you the perfect cricketer? are you also suggesting that you never went out without scoring? all ross wants is the team to try their best. :mad:

3D-503;371567 said:
Will be an interesting game this week between st. andrews and pacoe lets hope its a cracka and not a one sided affair. is it just me or has it been a bit quiet on here lately not much talk from st marys boys.

3D,

It is a bit hard to talk your club up when you are sitting 0 and 3 and playing both grand final sides from the past year in the next 2 games. One thing i can talk up at the moment is a youngest playing (age 13) taking his first senior wicket on the weekend. First time this year the whole side had something to celebrate.

Question.

Why is that we have only 3 or 4 good umpires left in our comp this year, in the 3 games i have played this year we have had the likes of Ray Musgrove which would have been lucky to umpire a C Turf game last year and Tony Villani ????????. Come finals if the likes of these umpires get a game it will be interesting to see. As players we all disagree with some decisions made by the better umpires but can get over them pretty quick but from what i have seen with the umpires i have had this year is that they are lucky if they get 10 percent of the decision right (only my thoughts)

P.S 3D there are many St Marys boys still talking on this site just with different name now

pelican player;373780 said:
joey passed away sunday night, only met him a few times through my brother but was a great bloke.

Terrible news. Joey was a great bloke and will be deeply missed by all who knew him. My thoughts go out to his family and to his mates at The Socials CC.

Well said mate, l was his President, Captain, mentor and great friend for many years, still coming to terms with it all, will be greatly missed by all

Justabystander;373796 said:
Terrible news. Joey was a great bloke and will be deeply missed by all who knew him. My thoughts go out to his family and to his mates at The Socials CC.

The Committee and members of the PVSC would like to pass on our sincere condolences to the family, friends and members of the Socials Cricket Club on the passing of Joey.

first slipper;373795 said:
3D,

It is a bit hard to talk your club up when you are sitting 0 and 3 and playing both grand final sides from the past year in the next 2 games. One thing i can talk up at the moment is a youngest playing (age 13) taking his first senior wicket on the weekend. First time this year the whole side had something to celebrate.

Question.

Why is that we have only 3 or 4 good umpires left in our comp this year, in the 3 games i have played this year we have had the likes of Ray Musgrove which would have been lucky to umpire a C Turf game last year and Tony Villani ????????. Come finals if the likes of these umpires get a game it will be interesting to see. As players we all disagree with some decisions made by the better umpires but can get over them pretty quick but from what i have seen with the umpires i have had this year is that they are lucky if they get 10 percent of the decision right (only my thoughts)

P.S 3D there are many St Marys boys still talking on this site just with different name now

Nice guy but umpiring ability very questionable

first slipper;373795 said:
3D,

Question.

Talking of the 13 year old, i think his name is Guy. He will be a sensation. He charges in, hits the deck hard (for a 13 year old) and has good pace for his age. But the thing that impressed me most, was that he actually bowled a good line. He is a player to watch for the future.

hello gee cee cee ur telling me the 13 year old got wickets on saturday.....? well u dont want to know my thoughts on that CHAMP.. well batted again saw u made runs and also delia new recruit...? good luck this week you going to need it, what a joke

(KING KONG)or(DING DONG) better make runs this week if sainters any chance of snatching victory good luck boys

RooBoy;373940 said:
Nice guy but umpiring ability very questionable

True rooboy very nice bloke,

But will he still be a nice guy when you lose a semi final because incorrect decision made by him ?

Guy has been the pick of are bowlers in the last 2 games we have played for the simple reason he bowls stump to stump (not fast enough to scare a batsmen out) but honest and that all we at St Marys can ask for out of all of are bowls, hopefuly the other bowlers can learn from him (Cash) :D

justoutsideoff;372993 said:
WEST > too strong for east but good to see them still in a grade

GLENROY > cant tip against them last years champs. should find a way to
get over the line good game though.

SUNSHINE YCW > rubble (pacholi) to get them over line has all day to bat socials too inconsistant.

MERLO > should continue there good start to the year. ( whispers of barkely st best bats out this week too)

SUNSHINE HEIGHTS > good young side on the way up can consolidate and put thier season back on track after playing the two grand finalsts and just missing out and knocking off last years minor premiers. (Bowiling stocks have picked up too with yetsmis back in the line up)

ST ANDREWS > MATCH OF THE ROUND..... just like glenroy will find a way to win like good sides do.
any changes to predicitions after 1st day? Vales/Heights hard flat track, have to bowl well.

Socials are 0 fpr 25 chasing another 150 odd on the postage stamp and a rock hard deck at cole 2!

Thank you to all the kind wishes on the tragic loss of our mate Joey he will be deeply missed by all of us at The Socials c.c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back