MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

'Match of the round' seems in the balance between St Andrews & St Francis. Just looking at the progress scorecard though and it appears a few big names are missing from St Andrews line-up and the 'names' they have left in the team are yet to bat. Could be a very wise move to hold them up their sleeve last week and unleash them in the better conditions tomorrow. Time will tell I guess. Both teams are good enough to make the finals but this will give the winner a nice little gap from the loser as we edge closer to Xmas

the socials will still strugle to get over then line, sainters need tapner to make runs, glenroys bowling attack to strong for st marys and sunhine heights in a good game.......

good luck to all sides this week and ding dong

St Marys bowled out for 175. Lost 7/48. Sounds like the old 4 o'clock roll may have come into play!

Greaney 4 wickets. The rest shared between Wardy, S Pipe and Brother Chalmers. Not sure of runs for St Marys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sundays game at Seth Raistrick Reserve is between Campbellfield NWCA Cougars and Moonee Valley Ladies Team. Play starts at 1pm

Make it a family afternoon bring the kids.We have a playground on site,and tennis courts to play on as well as a a fully operational canteen.Icy cold drinks and beer, delicious snack boxes of chicken nuggets and chips,hot dogs,schnitzel rolls,dim sims,hamburgers for sale plus lots more. All at great prices and cheaper than Maccas.

Also for the kids we have jelly cups and icypoles, lollies and potato chips.

All you need for a great afternoon out in the sun or (shade aplenty).

Come along and support the girls and have a fun family day out.

Let me get oene thing clear this is not sour grapes I would like to congratulate glenroy on a good win and head on his captainancy keeping his side under control after brownies play and miss
And in very trying conditions due to very disgraceful umpiring decisions.
I think tony valanii should really look at alternative career paths, perhaps a sport that does't go after 3.30 as his concentration lapses and poor decisions are made after tea.

Amazingly he actually got one decision right all day. Greaneys lbw

Blow In;374254 said:
St Marys bowled out for 175. Lost 7/48. Sounds like the old 4 o'clock roll may have come into play!

Greaney 4 wickets. The rest shared between Wardy, S Pipe and Brother Chalmers. Not sure of runs for St Marys.

TONY VILLANNI !!!!...Do the cricket fraternity a favour and find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. You are a disgrace and this competition does not need you...

Mod edit - at the moment I feel the same about you. How about you back up the empty words with a bit of substance?

first slipper;374275 said:
Let me get oene thing clear this is not sour grapes I would like to congratulate glenroy on a good win and head on his captainancy keeping his side under control after brownies play and miss
And in very trying conditions due to very disgraceful umpiring decisions.
I think tony valanii should really look at alternative career paths, perhaps a sport that does't go after 3.30 as his concentration lapses and poor decisions are made after tea.

Amazingly he actually got one decision right all day. Greaneys lbw

Here here!!!!

There were some very ordinary decisions out there today, both ways i might add, as there were in the first week. Umpires are there to umpire the game, not make themselves and integral part of the game and to influence the result.

Zimmer was still plumb though :)!

GeeCeeCee;374290 said:
Here here!!!!

There were some very ordinary decisions out there today, both ways i might add, as there were in the first week. Umpires are there to umpire the game, not make themselves and integral part of the game and to influence the result.

Zimmer was still plumb though :)!

If he was ever going to give anyone out LBW, im glad it was Zimmer.

Now I know most of you blokes are giving Tony Villiani a bake and for a good reason, as he is the second worst umpire in the comp. We had the worst Umpire yesterday and until last week had never been umpired by the bloke before. Yes I am talking about Ray Musgrove. Now his decisions did not turn the game I believe. I am from Pascoe Vale. His decision to give Ross Terra LBW was an absolute disgrace. The ball would have missed leg stump by at least a good 6 inches. However, what bothers me about this bloke is the fact that he continually got the ball count wrong in many of the overs. At drinks he proceeded to go to the wrong end to start the next over. Many times we were ready to bowl and the batsmen were in the middle and fair dinkum, how may times in an over did a batsmen go down the other end during the over was laughable. Continue protests fell on deaf ears. The concentration levels were that of a two year old. While Im giving someone a bake, I would also like to say that Sunshine Heights were a little too good for us on the day, but they would have to be the biggest sooks in the comp. The three games prior were played in good spirits with the occasional banter (West Coburg, Barkly Street and St Andrews), however that Hungry Jacks eating machine who took 5 wickets and his cohorts sledged us from pillar to post last week which doesn't concern me, but what concerns me is when the shoe is on the foot and these blokes who like to dish it out and cant handle it, that when it concerns me. Blokes from there side wanting to confront our players when given out really irks me. That all I need to say.

topspot;374141 said:
the socials will still strugle to get over then line, sainters need tapner to make runs, glenroys bowling attack to strong for st marys and sunhine heights in a good game.......

good luck to all sides this week and ding dong

Not to bad Pipey you got 3 out of 4 right.
Socials really struggled, we should've been finished before the first drinks break and not before tea.

TheHorse Whisperer;374328 said:
Now I know most of you blokes are giving Tony Villiani a bake and for a good reason, as he is the second worst umpire in the comp. We had the worst Umpire yesterday and until last week had never been umpired by the bloke before. Yes I am talking about Ray Musgrove. Now his decisions did not turn the game I believe. I am from Pascoe Vale. His decision to give Ross Terra LBW was an absolute disgrace. The ball would have missed leg stump by at least a good 6 inches. However, what bothers me about this bloke is the fact that he continually got the ball count wrong in many of the overs. At drinks he proceeded to go to the wrong end to start the next over. Many times we were ready to bowl and the batsmen were in the middle and fair dinkum, how may times in an over did a batsmen go down the other end during the over was laughable. Continue protests fell on deaf ears. The concentration levels were that of a two year old. While Im giving someone a bake, I would also like to say that Sunshine Heights were a little too good for us on the day, but they would have to be the biggest sooks in the comp. The three games prior were played in good spirits with the occasional banter (West Coburg, Barkly Street and St Andrews), however that Hungry Jacks eating machine who took 5 wickets and his cohorts sledged us from pillar to post last week which doesn't concern me, but what concerns me is when the shoe is on the foot and these blokes who like to dish it out and cant handle it, that when it concerns me. Blokes from there side wanting to confront our players when given out really irks me. That all I need to say.
As disapointing as the umpires may be and i for one was spewing about a few that were turned down from my bowling, we still need them. To say ross terra was unlucky well maybe he was maybe he was not from were we all were sitting which is side on we could not tell it was missing by 6 inches, all batters think they were not out on lbw decisions win some lose some get over it.. Maybe all the complainers should give it away and take it upon themselfs to umpire then the standed might improve or maybe the older expereanced players like talior tapner pallini ellis betchy and co could think about it the standed would have to pick up then but it would be hard to give playing up.

3D-503;374404 said:
As disapointing as the umpires may be and i for one was spewing about a few that were turned down from my bowling, we still need them. To say ross terra was unlucky well maybe he was maybe he was not from were we all were sitting which is side on we could not tell it was missing by 6 inches, all batters think they were not out on lbw decisions win some lose some get over it.. Maybe all the complainers should give it away and take it upon themselfs to umpire then the standed might improve or maybe the older expereanced players like talior tapner pallini ellis betchy and co could think about it the standed would have to pick up then but it would be hard to give playing up.

3D,

Strong words there mate, Let me ask you this, if it came down to a semi final or a grand final and you guys needed one wicket to get and a Tony or Ray or any other umpire in this comp missed a LBW or a caught behind that was clearly out WOULD YOU GET OVER IT. As for all the complainer taking up umpiring. I already umpire in a different comp in finals if St Marys dont make it (already got my name down for this year if you are woundering) and by all reports from the last time i think i am a better umpire than player. But while i can still contribute to my club, i will still pull on the whites each week and try to win a game or 2 maybe even 3 if we get lucky.

To all the St Andrews boys dont forget your helmets this week, pitch looks great for bowling

first slipper;374418 said:
3D,

Strong words there mate, Let me ask you this, if it came down to a semi final or a grand final and you guys needed one wicket to get and a Tony or Ray or any other umpire in this comp missed a LBW or a caught behind that was clearly out WOULD YOU GET OVER IT. As for all the complainer taking up umpiring. I already umpire in a different comp in finals if St Marys dont make it (already got my name down for this year if you are woundering) and by all reports from the last time i think i am a better umpire than player. But while i can still contribute to my club, i will still pull on the whites each week and try to win a game or 2 maybe even 3 if we get lucky.

To all the St Andrews boys dont forget your helmets this week, pitch looks great for bowling
Thats great that you do that, i for one could not do it as if you think tony or ray are bad you have not seen me do it i nearly caused a riot a few years back just standing at sqaure leg.. As much as it sucks they miss plumb lbw and they give blokes out caught behind when the batter has missed it i grant you GET OVER IT prob was to strong a word but it happens.In most games you get some lucky brakes and sometimes you dont if us players had to umpire ourselves there would be mayhem, fights would break out everywhere.Its bad luck we have those 2 umpires but we need them..
St. frances beware the wounded Panther this week.

tony villani???? what to say

worst thing is..that the NWCA has 24 senior umpires and we have 12?? had to get back pat campbell to umpire due to the decrease in numbers

also, good to see that the St Marys blokes stay behind saturday for a few beers..good to see!!

first slipper;374418 said:
3D,

Take the good with the bad Slipper. i got a slight tickle few weeks back, appeal got turned down, i didnt walk should i have or more importantly would u have walked if it was a s/f or g/f situation with the opposition needing 1 wicket 2 win noing the umpire made a terrible mistake?

TheHorse Whisperer;374328 said:

Horse its bad enough the tragic having a sook. Remember u wont hear anymore complaints from us we have a new attitude on & off the ground which u just shot to the shite house. Well done 2 heights 2 good on the day got a couple of good send offs.

here we go fellas now we are starting to hit the real cricket...... sides are starting to get to full strentgh..
wats everyone elses thoughts on this weeks fixtures?

GLENROY > bit too strong for merlo they havent really played a top 4 side yet so lets see how they fair off against the regining premiers...
(should be match of the round)

EAST COUBURG > toss of a coin this one.. east just cause they have a bit more experince in their side...

ST FRANCIS > st francis too strong for pascoe vale. pascoe vale need to find a extra 20 -30 runs each game to have a good season

WEST COUBURG > appleyard to carry them over the line. just like he will have to all year need to find some one to stand up.

SUNSHINE HEIGHTS > still need to prove that thier start to the season was not a fluke have need to lose thier inconsistancy tag..

ST ANDREWS > way too strong for st marys not much more to be said on thus one.. (sorry st marys guys)

good luck to everyone this week and guys that i didnt tip prove me wrong guys all the best....

16cans;374428 said:
Take the good with the bad Slipper. i got a slight tickle few weeks back, appeal got turned down, i didnt walk should i have or more importantly would u have walked if it was a s/f or g/f situation with the opposition needing 1 wicket 2 win noing the umpire made a terrible mistake?

I dont understand what you are getting at. You dont walk anytime of year the umpires get paid to give you out. What i am say is. It is easy to say (get over it), but when these umpires that are not up to the standard get a semi final there will be fire works. I will enjoy being a spectator knowing that on a hot day people lose there temper alot easier. It happened on saturday and lucky that Head and Browny was able to keep the peace on the ground. Even head would agree in a final would be alot harder to control your players knowing that you have worked hard all year to get there.

first slipper;374442 said:
I dont understand what you are getting at. You dont walk anytime of year the umpires get paid to give you out. What i am say is. It is easy to say (get over it), but when these umpires that are not up to the standard get a semi final there will be fire works. I will enjoy being a spectator knowing that on a hot day people lose there temper alot easier. It happened on saturday and lucky that Head and Browny was able to keep the peace on the ground. Even head would agree in a final would be alot harder to control your players knowing that you have worked hard all year to get there.

Correct. Tempers did flair Saturday, if it was a final things could've got alot worse. Luckily they didn't, it would be a shame if relationships between teams were affected by any such incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back