MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Not sure what's happened guys. Waiting for one of the big admin guys to get on and give us an answer.

I think it may have been server malfunction or something causing threads to be deleted, as I can see a few of the new threads have disappeared. Will let you guys know as soon as I find out anything.

Re: mmvca

breeno;376702 said:
Not sure what's happened guys. Waiting for one of the big admin guys to get on and give us an answer.

I think it may have been server malfunction or something causing threads to be deleted, as I can see a few of the new threads have disappeared. Will let you guys know as soon as I find out anything.

cheers mate

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

nice to see its all back up and running and those posts on the other thread have been merged.

Nice work mods.

Now we can get back our banter!

putabellintheball;376802 said:
nice to see its all back up and running and those posts on the other thread have been merged.

Nice work mods.

Now we can get back our banter!

The Wash Up - no offence intended, 1 persons opinion. Like 2 no how all decks played.

Glenroy - last years champs back in groove
Merlo - dissapointing, middle order exposed

YCW - might surprise a couple in coming games
Easts - wont win a game all year (sorry guys) keep rebuilding

St.Francis - Matt & Co building a good list, couple of last year Vale juniors did well
Vales - 3 walk up starts out of side, no excuse no depth not good enough, well done 2 Matt & boys.

Barkly - now need 2 put a couple of good 1's together
Wests - relying on 1 or 2, others fold too quick

Heights - smokeys of comp, chance for 10 points next up
Socials - not out of it by a long way, tough games coming up

St.Andrews - all accounts late start, would have won. Newton on fire
Marys - good blokes, out of race plan ahead

16cans;376816 said:
The Wash Up - no offence intended, 1 persons opinion. Like 2 no how all decks played.

St.Francis - Matt & Co building a good list, couple of last year Vale juniors did well
Vales - 3 walk up starts out of side, no excuse no depth not good enough, well done 2 Matt & boys.

There is no doubt this is the plan. It is also about having players available for games. We as a club need to really start to recruit and get a good crop of players to add to some of the young guys coming through.

I know it is not just us - but I cant fathom why so many players have left.

Wests probably the worst hit this year - Easts probably the worst hit last year.

We are still paying the price for that.

We will be right though - lot of committed guys at the club working hard.

also - just a follow up from the weekend's game.

Those that know me know that I am not Mrs Villani so this will be un-biased.

We had Tony on the weekend and whilst he was not the best umpire in the comp - I thought his performance was OK.

Yes he did miss a couple of things - 1 run out at his end and a few LBWs but LBWs are more often than not going to get denied so really no biggie there either.

So personally I think he was OK.

His performance would not have changed the result of the game.

Yes if we had more umpires - he would do B grade but I would rather have him than us umpiring ourselves.

Especially considering the game was ended due to the rain in the last over of the day. Imagine if one of my guys umpiring had to make that call and offered the conditions to the batsmen?

I think we need to be a little more respectful of the fact that we have umps in our comp.

And - NO before any moron gets on here and starts saying I am crawling up there backsides - just think about the otherside of the situation of not having umps.

Well done to YCW.

putabellintheball;376817 said:
There is no doubt this is the plan. It is also about having players available for games. We as a club need to really start to recruit and get a good crop of players to add to some of the young guys coming through.

Wests probably the worst hit this year - Easts probably the worst hit last year.

Easts, Wests, Vales all losing players. Young blokes tend 2 move clubs, older blokes tend 2 move comps for 1 reason (could be $) or another.
Whats happened 2 young Donohue, (another ex Vale junior) dont c his name in other grades. Wheres he gone?

16cans;376829 said:
Easts, Wests, Vales all losing players. Young blokes tend 2 move clubs, older blokes tend 2 move comps for 1 reason (could be $) or another.
Whats happened 2 young Donohue, (another ex Vale junior) dont c his name in other grades. Wheres he gone?

Donohue has been working mate. Young fella is a great bloke and very talented. No doubt one of the first names on the team sheet when I have him. Hope to have him for a few more games this season.

Challenge for Easts is to get a junior program up and running and fast.

Wests and Vales have lost players but there is more depth there.

Easts dont exactly have a huge junior pool of players we can blood.

The juniors we have are a great bunch and we will do all we can to give them as much experience. We just need more of them!

mmvca;376583 said:
St Marys hung on for a draw after starting an hr late. The pitch was a fking disgrace!

Smoke got 6 wkts, P.Brown made 80.

Big cheers for the St Andys boys who stuck around for awhile, especially FOS who made our club a bit of cash by selling the raffle tickets for us.

Cheers fellas.

Always, enjoy you guys company,but was starting to worry when i had sold half a book of raffle tickets and we still didnt have a prize.(snowy on the tram was looking a likely winner at that stage)
Very impressed with the young 14 year old,he will be an asset,but sounded interested when i spoke with him in relation to making up a contract for him.
There will be plenty there now,that i have ripped your one up,sorry but it would have been performance based and actions speak louder than words.(was a perler ball and catch if thats a consolation)

Good luck for the rest of the year and i can understand why you and Jimmys twin brother argue so much,the resemblance is remarkable.

All the best

F.O.S

putabellintheball;376817 said:

A bloke named Sammy who plays in your side who never shuts up would be where i would start :D

F.O.S;376843 said:
Always, enjoy you guys company,but was starting to worry when i had sold half a book of raffle tickets and we still didnt have a prize.(snowy on the tram was looking a likely winner at that stage)
Very impressed with the young 14 year old,he will be an asset,but sounded interested when i spoke with him in relation to making up a contract for him.
There will be plenty there now,that i have ripped your one up,sorry but it would have been performance based and actions speak louder than words.(was a perler ball and catch if thats a consolation)

Good luck for the rest of the year and i can understand why you and Jimmys twin brother argue so much,the resemblance is remarkable.

All the best

F.O.S

Gee fos wat team ya from again. lol

Ahh yes Sammy mouth always gets him into trouble, was the same when he was Campbellfield, he was the laughing stock of the comp there for a while, had plenty of advice but never backed it up.

16cans;376816 said:

We have lost a total of nearly 30 players from across all sides from last year. We have gone from 7 sides a few years ago to struggling to fill 4 sides... With only 5 players from last years A Grade side still playing in the side and even less in the B Grade side it makes a huge difference to our performances. . While this is a good chance to blood some young up and coming players it is a big step from grades they were playing last year.But some of the older heads in the side need to step up a little as well and not leave it all up to 2 players to do the work..

Having played against West Coburg this and last year it is clear they have lost many and players and will not be as strong. However when compared to a club in a similar position like East Coburg, West Coburg have shown to be a good club as they are still competitive whereas East will struggle to win a game.
St Marys also look to be in the same situation but too early to judge them.

Would be interesting to see how some of the clubs without juniors would go if they lost 10-15 1st and 2nd XI players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back