MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Bonesaw;377097 said:
Would be interesting to see how some of the clubs without juniors would go if they lost 10-15 1st and 2nd XI players.

Fair point only have 2 look @ top 5 on ladder. Good representation of juniors @ senior level in all grades.
Wests, Marys & Vales might have 1 or 2, others not quite sure about.

That time of the week again lads. Lets hear what everyone thinks about this coming round of fixtures.

SUNSHINE HEIGHTS> big chance to get max points this game if everything falls into place

GLENROY> Too strong for west.

PASCOE VALE> Should win if they want to have a chance at sneeking into finals

ST FRANCIS> Yet another team that will be too strong for thier oppistion

BARKLY ST> Close game but thier just have a little bit more depth that should get them over the line

ST ANDREWS> going by last round results merlo have to stand up against the top sides to get my tip

good luck to everyone this week.............

justoutsideoff;377183 said:
That time of the week again lads. Lets hear what everyone thinks about this coming round of fixtures.

SUNSHINE HEIGHTS> big chance to get max points this game if everything falls into place

GLENROY> Too strong for west.

PASCOE VALE> Should win if they want to have a chance at sneeking into finals

ST FRANCIS> Yet another team that will be too strong for thier oppistion

BARKLY ST> Close game but thier just have a little bit more depth that should get them over the line

ST ANDREWS> going by last round results merlo have to stand up against the top sides to get my tip

good luck to everyone this week.............

Easts/Heights - Heights 2 good, hopefully Donohue plays, wont make Easts win but will make them more competitive (must be a non cricket fan boss)

Glenroy/Wests - Glenroy comfortably

Vales/Marys - Vales get a couple back, drop this & season over

Socials/St.Francis - St.Francis going along nicely

Barkly/YCW - Hard 1, Barkly just

St.Andrews/Merlo - going on last week performance St.Andrews, good side Merlo maybe just a hickup last week

good luck, i see rain predicted again, gotta love melbourne

Smoke My Bat;377070 said:
We have lost a total of nearly 30 players from across all sides from last year. We have gone from 7 sides a few years ago to struggling to fill 4 sides... With only 5 players from last years A Grade side still playing in the side and even less in the B Grade side it makes a huge difference to our performances. . While this is a good chance to blood some young up and coming players it is a big step from grades they were playing last year.But some of the older heads in the side need to step up a little as well and not leave it all up to 2 players to do the work..
Some clubs must have to ask what is going wrong with them for so many players to be leaving, there must be a reason. We have not lost any of note there will always be a few of the lower grade players turn over but the senior players all stay, and we have added 2 more junior sides with another 2 planed for next year. So what you have to do is have a good look at the committee maybe you need some younger views on it, maybe your club needs to spend a little time with the juniors, at training and going to watch them when they play. I know our juniors get at least 10 senior players there at each game, as we all know that they are our future and we need to give them all the encouragement we can. At junior training we have at 15 to 20 seniors there helping the kids in any way they can.

16cans;377200 said:
Easts/Heights - Heights 2 good, hopefully Donohue plays, wont make Easts win but will make them more competitive (must be a non cricket fan boss)
Glenroy/Wests - Glenroy comfortably

Vales/Marys - Vales get a couple back, drop this & season over

Socials/St.Francis - St.Francis going along nicely

Barkly/YCW - Hard 1, Barkly just

St.Andrews/Merlo - going on last week performance St.Andrews, good side Merlo maybe just a hickup last week

good luck, i see rain predicted again, gotta love melbourne

your telling me! :eek:

saying that you cant knock a bloke for wanting to make some hard earned money.

My Captain said:
Some clubs must have to ask what is going wrong with them for so many players to be leaving, there must be a reason. We have not lost any of note there will always be a few of the lower grade players turn over but the senior players all stay, and we have added 2 more junior sides with another 2 planed for next year. So what you have to do is have a good look at the committee maybe you need some younger views on it, maybe your club needs to spend a little time with the juniors, at training and going to watch them when they play. I know our juniors get at least 10 senior players there at each game, as we all know that they are our future and we need to give them all the encouragement we can. At junior training we have at 15 to 20 seniors there helping the kids in any way they can.

Has nothing to do with committee oranything like that. A couple have gone off to try at a higher level... no issues there..
Some have decided to just give cricket away.... lost the passion or missus won't let them play... on top of that we are a young club so schoolies, races etc have really taken a toll this year. From what i can gather no one has left on bad terms and will happily come back if they decide to play again. We are lucky we have a strong junior program as this is our future. Its hard for our seniors to make junior training sessions as most either work, at uni or are juniors themselves. What we really need is for players who have come through juniors to stay. Our problem is that we lack experienced 30 - 40 year olds through the grades..
Don't worry we will rebuild and be back.. plenty of talent coming through our juniors.

mas cambios;375738 said:
Right, let's get this cleared up once and for all. When you lot talk about the cricket it's generally good stuff, when you stray into tit for tat, name calling and personal arguments it's like looking after a bunch of primary school kids.

Leave out the crap and the mods will leave you alone, carry it on and action will be taken. Also, when bagging people I strongly suggest you think about what you post, especially when naming them directly. The law of defamation does exist and if anyone ever did decide to take action it would YOU not BigCricket in the mire.

I have no problem with people discussing performances and even highlighting mistakes but try to do so constructively. Certain people on here seem to have personal issues with others and see fit to air them in public, which is pretty pathetic. This is made even worse when they are using fake accounts or posting under another identity to back themselves up.

You all seem to moan about the quality of umpiring in the competition that you play in - do you honesty think that any would be umpire reading this would be keen to put his hand up and offer his services? No chance as they know that the first time they get something wrong a barrage of abuse would be flying their way from semi anonymous posters.

This thread is now opened but it is being watched. Zero tolerance for anyone stepping out of line, which means a straight 7 day ban.

I hope when you are discussing "fake accounts" and "posting under another identity" you were not referring to me, as my account details are 100% real every single detail. Banning me doesn't have any affect on myself, only joined for one reason if everyone didn't already realise that. Have a nice day :)

My Captain said:

u having a go @ wests or any other club, or r puting pressure on your own club?

putabellintheball;377215 said:
your telling me! :eek:

saying that you cant knock a bloke for wanting to make some hard earned money.

Working Sat. cant be office work, must be on tools somewhere. u guys have heaps of traddies. tell his boss the job will be finisheed during week. need him 2 play.:)

16cans;377269 said:
u having a go @ wests or any other club, or r puting pressure on your own club?
i am not having a go at any club nor am i putting pressure on my club as i think we are doing everything right. I was just making an opinion on this matter.

My Captain said:
i am not having a go at any club nor am i putting pressure on my club as i think we are doing everything right. I was just making an opinion on this matter.

your juniors where poached from another club....... what club you gunna poach/decimate next season to be able to have another two jnr sides ?

So i hear that ST Andrew's is disputing the results from there game on the weekend any truth to this?

If so what would be the grounds for it?

eureka;377289 said:
your juniors where poached from another club....... what club you gunna poach/decimate next season to be able to have another two jnr sides ?
eureka can you please act your age we have gone over this, and we are never going to agree on this matter. So much for your club to never whinge again and I thought your club was going to move on from this, (but seems you can not) so get over it all the juniors that you say we poached are very happy at St Andrews and will be for a long time.

Hello Everyone, i am back from a weeks well earned rest.
I tell you what its hard trying to keep you all entertained on here when i am forever being held down for some unknown reasons!!

Anyway looks like a rest this weekend, maybe we could all meet for a BBQ and few strong Red Cordials.
Let me know if any of you would be interested?

Can anyone confrim the rumours that MMVCA got dropped to the twos this week?

Bit harsh I reckon we would never do that to you at Gladdy you would be guaranteed a game in the 3rds week in week out!

My selections for this round,

Sunshine heights easy
Glenroy too strong
St Mary's in a close one
St Fanny's too good
Barkly Street Just
St Andrew's quite comfortably.. Merlo starting to play the good sides and will struggle

Gladyboy;377373 said:

Bit harsh I reckon we would never do that to you at Gladdy you would be guaranteed a game in the 3rds week in week out!

For a guy that does not SCORE many runs, you would have to say it is a long time coming!
Fair to say its about time MMVCA gave it away and let one of the younger guys come through... Imagine the chip on his shoulder now, i can already hear the new nickname coming through.....
OUT: GNOME
IN: SMITHS

Unfortunately MMVCA I have to withdraw my offer for you to come down to Gladdy, I just recieved a phone call from the president and he reminded me of rule 7.2(c) of our constitution "No gnomes"

Gladyboy;377438 said:
Unfortunately MMVCA I have to withdraw my offer for you to come down to Gladdy, I just recieved a phone call from the president and he reminded me of rule 7.2(c) of our constitution "No gnomes"

lol

Gladyboy;377373 said:

Yep, the rumour is true. Some blokes just don't know when to give it away. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. Lets hope the 'gnome' makes a dignified exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back