MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

just a quick one first slipper i dont need to name every player ill just name GLENROYS first eleven

paperboy;381532 said:
just a quick one first slipper i dont need to name every player ill just name GLENROYS first eleven

Warren Parker would be embarrassed by you ******.

first slipper;381470 said:
W Parker (Best in the comp)
D Williams (great start to the year can he keep it going After xmas)
P.Eilers (after a quite season last year back inform)
T Woods (This hurts to put him in but forms is to good to leave out)
C Pipe (Best of the keeper/batsmen)
M Woodhouse (Pinch hitter one hell of an eye)
M Costello (Wicket machine before chritmas)
C Appleyard (I think is the best bowler in the comp)
B Hunter (Shit gets wickets)
P Newton (wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100% all the time)
M Shawcross (Dont know of him but getting good results ATM)

Was going to pick people as per batting and bowling positions but not too many batsmen are batting in the same spot each week so had trouble with the best number 4 in the comp. Please keep in mind that this is only MY opinion. feel free to post your best side till chrismas

Not a bad team there First Slipper. Only change I can think of, is to have Ernie Borg as the keeper. Has had a good year with the gloves and is averaging 50 with the bat.

first slipper;381427 said:
[/COLOR]

Jsonnn,

At St Mary's we always call the game off as soon as the game is won or one of our batsmen are close to a mile stone, then we will let him get the mile stone and then call the game off. We look at a couple of things junk time wickets or runs dont count for much at our club and if the shoe was on the other foot would we be happy to be stuck in the field with nothing to play. If clubs have kept us in the field after the game was won we would make a mental note of that and choose to play on ONLY against that club in the following year. In saying that we have not had the problem come up for a long time. I understand that teams have done that to you in the past and the next couple of years you might get the chance to do the same to them. But just remember St Andrews next year if given the chance will probably keep you in the field to 6.00pm no matter what they are chasing and with batsmen like Tapner and woodhouse it can turn very ugly with 2 good hitters in with no presure on them.

As for the other muppets on here that want to hop in to St Andrews. Yes they can carry on a bit on the field but dont we all, but i for one love the contest against them because they play to win and your team has to be at there best to beat them. I for one always have verbal fights with one or more of there players every time we play them but will always have a beer with them after the game. The problem alot of people have with St Andrews is that they are successful and alot of people hate successful sides. I will remind people that playing for St Marys we probably have the most reason for hating them for the last 2 years but we hold the most upmost respect for a very good cricket side

OMO

putabellintheball;381459 said:
Could not agree more First Slipper. My boys will only be left out there to reach a milestone.

Saints are a very very good team and getting on here and bagging them is a joke just becuase they play hard - toughen up.

Play hard and then more importantly have a beer with the guys after the game.

Thanks to Glenroy for a good game and whilst it also got tense out there - I appreciated the guys staying around to have a beer and a chat.

Fair enough guys, we've been kept on the field many a times in the past few seasons so my opinion is that of getting back at those sides who have given us the pleasure of chasing leather once the game has been won.

there is no reason for him to be i think he would take it as a compliment towards them or could say the same for st francis as thats who i used to play for but i rate glenroy very strongly as most people would they did win a flag last year and are running very hot this year i didnt say it to be smart or upset anyone thats just my thought

Would make a couple changes D.Ward for M.Shawcross
and i would have C.Pipe and W.Parker open as i think when they get going its almost impossible to get them out and S.Babo for D.Williams as you cant put a guy in there after one good hit

Was going to pick people as per batting and bowling positions but not too many batsmen are batting in the same spot each week so had trouble with the best number 4 in the comp. Please keep in mind that this is only MY opinion. feel free to post your best side till chrismas

wat bout rhodes got to be the best allrounder in the comp cn fit him in

Just a quick one i have read threw alot of the pages and paperboy i agree with what you say FoPud you have no idea about anything your probably playing in a grade of cricket above what you should be....take initiative and drop yourself till you start making runs

paperboy;381605 said:
there is no reason for him to be i think he would take it as a compliment towards them or could say the same for st francis as thats who i used to play for but i rate glenroy very strongly as most people would they did win a flag last year and are running very hot this year i didnt say it to be smart or upset anyone thats just my thought

I'd have to agree with MMVCA paperboy. Obviously there are plenty of good performers running around in other clubs as named by first slipper etc.

Good luck to all after break, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hopefully we will meet a couple of you in March.:)

THE AGGR3SSOR;381641 said:

Would make a couple changes D.Ward for M.Shawcross
and i would have C.Pipe and W.Parker open as i think when they get going its almost impossible to get them out and S.Babo for D.Williams as you cant put a guy in there after one good hit

E. Borg v S Babo - I stand corrected E Borg with 250 runs @ 50.00 with 12 catches and 3 stumpings v C Pipe 202 runs @ 33.7 and 10 catches. E borg is my new keeper.

D Williams vs S Babo i am sticking with my first selection he has more than one score for the year third leading run scorer till christmas.
D Williams 360 runs @ 60.00 v S Babo 304 runs @ 60.8

Shawcross v Ward - As i said i dont know Shawcross but 20 wickets @ 12 v 12 wickets @ 11.58 im sticking with Shawcross

Headlines;381659 said:
Just a quick one i have read threw alot of the pages and paperboy i agree with what you say FoPud you have no idea about anything your probably playing in a grade of cricket above what you should be....take initiative and drop yourself till you start making runs

Let me say this, FoPud does more than just bat at this club. He's bowling has come on in leaps and bounds this year and also he has taken the next step with responsibility around the club this season. And more than that, he is a genuine good guy.

Give pud a chance guys, otherwise stick your hand up and do what he does around the club.

F.I.T Cricket;381743 said:
What about the young kid Mc Gee from Barkly St as an opening bowler, he has had a pretty good year so far

Tearaway Joe as one umpire calls him. Mcghie and Danaher are probably our 2 best bowlers and they are only 17!!

We have about 4-5 guys 22 years or younger so we are quite a young side. As they get more game time under their belt, they'll get better, but at this stage, we're still a developing side. We should start pushing for a top 4 spot in the next couple of seasons.

jsonnn;381795 said:
Tearaway Joe as one umpire calls him. Mcghie and Danaher are probably our 2 best bowlers and they are only 17!!

We have about 4-5 guys 22 years or younger so we are quite a young side. As they get more game time under their belt, they'll get better, but at this stage, we're still a developing side. We should start pushing for a top 4 spot in the next couple of seasons.

Big spinner did well on the weekend too?

Its obvious to me that Glenroy has the youngest side going around the competition and there all very competitive.......FoPud is inmature what an idiot

stvinnies;381798 said:
Big spinner did well on the weekend too?

Yea Stu's only been at the club since the start of the season but has done very well so far. He's probably also the quickest bowler in the club, but we've got enough quicks going round so he fills the spinners role quite nicely. Very tidy bowler that can tie an end down for us to build pressure. Also uses his height to advantage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back