MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

jsonnn;381847 said:
Yea Stu's only been at the club since the start of the season but has done very well so far. He's probably also the quickest bowler in the club, but we've got enough quicks going round so he fills the spinners role quite nicely. Very tidy bowler that can tie an end down for us to build pressure. Also uses his height to advantage as well.

Define quick?.. been in the comp for 4 years & no one fits that category, unless you mean medium....plenty of those

well now we are heading towards the heavy end of the season can anybody tell me who they think will play off in th GF and who they think will win......?? also why they think the side will win just to get some thoughts of other players....?

I hope all you guys have a huge NYE and somehow lose all your cricketing ability while your doing it.:D

mmvca;382685 said:
I hope all you guys have a huge NYE and somehow lose all your cricketing ability while your doing it.:D

Dont have to worry about you lossing your ability MMVCA you cant lose what you dont have LOL

All the best to everyone for the new year look forward to having a beer with most

Whats the deal with the heat this saturday? is it called off if its forecast for 38 or does it need to get to 40.

also interesting time of year with the race down to 5, unless socails can roll st andrews and stay in the hunt. congrats to them because they where woefull last year and must have really improved.

As far as the winner of the comp its a tough one.

St Francis---pump ordinary sides but can they beat glenroy or st andrews? Suprise packet of the year...tking wests spot from last year.

Merlo---unless top order fire and pile on a huge score, relying on spin to get wickets wont work in finals as pace attack is only steady. No one in middle order to win a game for their side...too dour.

Glenroy---consistent and share the load but if the big skipper get knocked over early it owuld be a good test for them as he has been quite consistent. But can lightning strike twice for them to win it?

Sunshine--dark horse, on there day can beat anyone and have the best ground in the comp. On other days remind me of pakistan.

St Andrews--winning mostly but have been scratchy all year. If bowlers get there groove back i still believe the team to beat and if make finals glenroy and st francis would hope to miss them in the semi. Assuming dads army batters continue to stand up.

Just my thoughts lads......take it easy.

LOLL;383395 said:
Whats the deal with the heat this saturday? is it called off if its forecast for 38 or does it need to get to 40.

also interesting time of year with the race down to 5, unless socails can roll st andrews and stay in the hunt. congrats to them because they where woefull last year and must have really improved.

As far as the winner of the comp its a tough one.

St Francis---pump ordinary sides but can they beat glenroy or st andrews? Suprise packet of the year...tking wests spot from last year.

Merlo---unless top order fire and pile on a huge score, relying on spin to get wickets wont work in finals as pace attack is only steady. No one in middle order to win a game for their side...too dour.

Glenroy---consistent and share the load but if the big skipper get knocked over early it owuld be a good test for them as he has been quite consistent. But can lightning strike twice for them to win it?

Sunshine--dark horse, on there day can beat anyone and have the best ground in the comp. On other days remind me of pakistan.

St Andrews--winning mostly but have been scratchy all year. If bowlers get there groove back i still believe the team to beat and if make finals glenroy and st francis would hope to miss them in the semi. Assuming dads army batters continue to stand up.

Just my thoughts lads......take it easy.

Merlo- Havent got the strength to go the journey they have been unable to beat good sides
Glenroy- Just prove to hard to beat and play as a side
St Andrews- seem to be falling apart and cant handle loosing
St Francis- there big test will be against glenroy
Sunshine- not capable of winnning in my eyes

Lighting to strike twice for glenroy in my eyes

Hello everyone, it is good to see what everyone thinks hopefully no one gets struck by lighting at glenroy, also big test for glenroy this week 311 to win if they win should be the team to beat You think, st francis must bowl to save themselves, st andrews and merlo 6pts already good luck to everyone and i cant wait for next week GLENROY vs ST ANDREWS should be match of the season hopefully both sides are at full strength

paperboy;383846 said:
Hello everyone, it is good to see what everyone thinks hopefully no one gets struck by lighting at glenroy, also big test for glenroy this week 311 to win if they win should be the team to beat You think, st francis must bowl to save themselves, st andrews and merlo 6pts already good luck to everyone and i cant wait for next week GLENROY vs ST ANDREWS should be match of the season hopefully both sides are at full strength

I think your correct paperboy but i think if glenroy can play as a team they are more than capable of getting 311

paperboy;383846 said:

Are the scores for these 2 sides correct for this week?

My Captain said:
St Andrews and Socials is right to.
Can anybody tell me how the under 21s went on the weekend ? As we had 3 players playing we are very interested,

vtca 215 all out mmvca 102 all out
went to coburg city oval last night for a 20/20 game coburg v kew watched a 13 year old sri lankan kid take 4 wickets bowling spin one of those wickets was CALLUM APPLEYARD

So it's meant to rain by mid afternoon sat through to sun this could make some games more interesting.....:cool:

essendon2000;384136 said:
vtca 215 all out mmvca 102 all out
went to coburg city oval last night for a 20/20 game coburg v kew watched a 13 year old sri lankan kid take 4 wickets bowling spin one of those wickets was CALLUM APPLEYARD

Are you stating the fact Cal was playing or that he went out to a 13 year old?

MVViper;384288 said:
Very Anti SOCIALS behaviour !!!!!! This will certainly take it's TOLL !!!!!!!!!
Very nice play on words ??????????? We have learnt that if you do things outside the By Laws the club never wins. Good luck to the Socials ?????

My Captain said:
Very nice play on words ??????????? We have learnt that if you do things outside the By Laws the club never wins. Good luck to the Socials ?????

This is interesting...Care to elaborate more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back