MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

There is no reason for the batsmen to be touching the ball!
Thats why there is 10 fieldsman and a bowler!
The reason why the batsmen has gloves on and a bat is to hit the f******
ball not to pick it up!
Dont touch it then theres no problems?

Reggie Jackson;387605 said:
ball not to pick it up!

Reggie you dumb c#@t, if that was you know doubt you would've cried all the way home and had a sook in Mummy's lap...
Don't try to be a tough man on here and stir the pot.

Now run along and get your owner to put your muzzle and leash back on. As you would say in your words "woof woof"...

Reggie Jackson;387605 said:
ball not to pick it up!

I think if you read what was said the ball was thrown at him and the keeper and he was protecting his "person" by catching it, instead of the ball hitting him. This is not intentionally touching the ball, this is self preservation I would think. The appeal was ridiculous and the decision to give it out was even more so, comman sense has to come into these sorts of situations.

These are the issues that cause fistcuffs in games...Most of us "oldies" who have been around for awhile have seen these things flair up and get out of control, when common sense could have prevented it.

Taser Gun;387565 said:
Yeah it sounds like pretty poor form to me. We had problems when we played against them too. They are on a different level to most teams and know nothing about sportsmanship.

It would have taken only one of their players to speak up after the appeal and call the batsman back.

I'm with the St Mary's boys on this one. Our blokes won't be joining these Sunshine tip-rats for a beer after the game either anytime soon.

Your comments b4 being edited has nothing 2 do with unsportsmanlike behaviour. U should b ashamed & embarrassed. Do agree it would have taken only 1 common sense player 2 have a word with Berchy. Unusual 4 Shawcross 2 carry on. Plays it hard but generally with class. Dont no if there is any history between these 2 sides, if there isnt, there surely is now. Unfortuantly the young lad & possibly his family had 2 witness the ugly scenes that would have occured. Anyway on2 the games.

Toss of coin should get a few accross the line.
Vales should have enough in attack. Preston a big loss.
Socials early day but hope Easts make it longer.
Getting Babo & Costello early helps, Harding needs 2 fire, Manek in good nick & Eilers can turn it on anyday. Backyard ground stick with home side only if track dry.
St.Andrews should move closer 2 top 2 spots. Newton a loss 4 Saints, Appleyard also 4 Wests.
Barkly in great position, middle order scratchy. Campbell needs 2 get back early season form.
Heights/Marys not good.

Good luck with bat or ball & hope the weather man is wrong.

A reminder to you all - comments of a racist nature will not be tolerated. Skin colour has nothing to do with how a person plays the game, so don't even go there.

Looks like a whole heap of posts deleted but there was a reference to these guys needing a course in sportsmanship - I will say this - you dont teach that.

It is learnt by playing with good leaders who instill this through the course of your playing career.

It is the responsibility of captains and coaches to make sure their teams behave appropriately.

I missed the game against Heights but I played against St Mary's and even though we got smashed (and there was some heated issues during the game) we sat down after, had a beer and left it on the park.

I hope this is resolved by the captains and this week ends up being played in good spirits.

We dont need this in our comp.

Hirdy's Back;387611 said:
I think if you read what was said the ball was thrown at him and the keeper and he was protecting his "person" by catching it, instead of the ball hitting him. This is not intentionally touching the ball, this is self preservation I would think. The appeal was ridiculous and the decision to give it out was even more so, comman sense has to come into these sorts of situations.

These are the issues that cause fistcuffs in games...Most of us "oldies" who have been around for awhile have seen these things flair up and get out of control, when common sense could have prevented it.

If he was quick enough and good enough to catch it, then he was quick enough and good enough to get out of the way!
No need to touch the ball!
Not a great situation i agree, but the rules are there for a reason!
As Cosmo Kramer says "Without rules theres KAOS!"

Reggie Jackson;387623 said:
If he was quick enough and good enough to catch it, then he was quick enough and good enough to get out of the way!
No need to touch the ball!
Not a great situation i agree, but the rules are there for a reason!
As Cosmo Kramer says "Without rules theres KAOS!"

How can get on here and say it was the batsmen fault when all he done was protect himself by catch the ball and then give it to the keeper when he could of just dropped it onto the ground. There are rules in place to keep game played in the right sprit. Next you will tell me that you have never picked the ball up and given it to the keeper, bowler or fieldsmen when you were batting. You guys have shown your true form and for that i feel sorry for anyone playing at your club in lower grades or juniors because you 11 blokes have given your club a disgraceful name now and you want to get on here and say you done nothing wrong.

Sportsmenship = Friendship
Scumshine heights = ????????

And heres a quote from Steve Waugh for you

Champions aren't made on the field. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them :confused:

first slipper;387634 said:
How can get on here and say it was the batsmen fault when all he done was protect himself by catch the ball and then give it to the keeper when he could of just dropped it onto the ground. There are rules in place to keep game played in the right sprit. Next you will tell me that you have never picked the ball up and given it to the keeper, bowler or fieldsmen when you were batting. You guys have shown your true form and for that i feel sorry for anyone playing at your club in lower grades or juniors because you 11 blokes have given your club a disgraceful name now and you want to get on here and say you done nothing wrong.

Sportsmenship = Friendship
Scumshine heights = ????????

And heres a quote from Steve Waugh for you

Champions aren't made on the field. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them :confused:

Rules are rules, no batsman is to handle the ball!
Sportmanship is for people who never win!
I have never touched the ball whilst batting! (im never out there long enough);)
Never give a sucker an even break i say!

Reggie Jackson;387643 said:
I have never touched the ball whilst batting! (im never out there long enough);)

I seriously hope you werent at the ground reggie, because if you were what you have posted on here is ridiculous. Zimmer had every right to stand his ground, its not his job to make way for a bad throw.

Add to that he was in his crease when the maggots appealed, that is why he grabbed the friggin ball to avoid it hitting him in the f$%îng chin!

As for Shawcross, if he plays the game with class, then why was he the one appealing the hardest, mind you from mid on. So how he could see whether Zimmer was out of his crease or not is beyond me.

And Jason, where exactly did i abuse you?????

You must be related to Michael Jackson Reggie cos' the only balls you would be touching would be the ones swinging between a 5 year old boys legs. Get back to your kindergartens ya' paedophile and leave the constructive discussion to the experts...

Reggie, I know you are just trying to defend your club, but please do your self and your club a favour and let this one go.
Clubs are built on reputations, and we, like most have erred in the past with certain players or incidences.
I have been around long enough in this comp to put up with the odd bad seed, (clubs will get over that), but when you act over a certain issue as a team, then you will wear that for many years.
In the end, I suppose clubs will only judge each other when they play each other, but they do get a feel on how clubs are run, perceived and in the end respected.

mmvca;387658 said:
I seriously hope you werent at the ground reggie, because if you were what you have posted on here is ridiculous. Zimmer had every right to stand his ground, its not his job to make way for a bad throw.

Add to that he was in his crease when the maggots appealed, that is why he grabbed the friggin ball to avoid it hitting him in the f$%îng chin!

As for Shawcross, if he plays the game with class, then why was he the one appealing the hardest, mind you from mid on. So how he could see whether Zimmer was out of his crease or not is beyond me.

Generally classy i said :) obviously not this time. Wasnt there so how far out of his crease was he & where did the ball get thrown from?

mmvca;387658 said:

Never thought i would ever say this but i totally agree with you.

It seems sunshine acted like scum bags so i will move away from that as it has been said and agreed upon by all that thay are a disgrace.

BUT, why is the umpire let off. Dont give me this bullshit about he was only enforcing the rules. A lot of bats have a habit of picking up the ball ( me to coz i cant hit it) so technically and at least 2-3 other blokes a game would be fired. A lot of guys do it, even internationally.

A good umpire would laugh of the appeal (even though they shouldnt have appealed) and said not out and there would be no issue. The thing about common sense is its not so common, and this umpire has failed to umpire in the spirit of the game. I dont want to seem like i am bagging the guy because he was porbablably following the rules to the letter of the law but common.

On a lighter note, maybe zimmer should keep in batsmen gloves so he can catch a few nicks. Only joking mate, you know i luv ya. If only it was on a sunday you would get a ripper crowd.

hey reggie ya clown if zimmer was to hook the ball for 4 when it was thrown at him would that have been ok ya tool. what a bunch of lowlifes to appeal for obstruction

mmvca;387658 said:

No i wasnt at the game, i play in the 2nds, but from the storys ive heard the appeal was totally justified?
Just going on what im told!
Always two sides to every story!:eek:

zimmer grow up and start using your bat...... there are a few close games this week will come down to the last game to see who will take fourth place on the table, also i hope west coburg chase down 200 this week would be good to see st andrews fall out of the 4, good luck glenroy this week as we are under the pump hopefully we can come home with the goods.....

paperboy of course your club will want St Andrews out of the four, but that will not happen !!!! Now you and your club better hope karma does not come back to hurt you, as you have got a few angry players in your side maybe one of the Pipes will play up or Watto will get in trouble when he says he will never give one of his players out and swear and carry on when he is at square leg, or maybe the club might get in trouble when your spectators drink and carry on. Lets hope you all stay on the park and none of you get in trouble???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back