MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Bobby Dazzler;389001 said:
No response paperboy? Don't tell me you're one of the half dozen that haven't done anything!:cool:

I take it your not a fan of Glenroy Bobby?

Tips
Glenroy - young blokes from St.Francis 2 be tested

Easts - hopefully finish with a win, Vales always look good @ start of season but always predictable ladder finish @ end.

Socials - 2 strong, Wests 2 fight it out

Heights/Barkly - hard1. Heights would have taken notice of backlash from last game & big Rhode kill will be fired up. Barkly lose & should finish 7th which would only give them an ok year. Win & finish 5th, bright future lay ahead with their young blokes coming through.

Merlo - no noise, young blokes in 2nd year & the side 2 beat. Marys have proved in past, close knit group may surprise.

St.Andrews - 2 strong & wont give up a spot YCW not bad year 1st up.

Good Luck

Can someone explain why some grounds are unavailable for us to use because they have been seeded for the football?

Raeburn is one and we are playing at Brearley instead but Raeburn looks to be in great condition but we cant get on there.....

Considering Brearley is underdone I am sure both teams would appreciate using Raeburn which personally I think is a great deck.

Surely its cricket season and the football clubs (and council) could have waited a few more week before seeding them?

Especially considering they are going to get chewed up anyway!

We cricketers would really appreciate the council taking some interest in doing this for us over the football clubs for a change.

putabellintheball;389018 said:
Can someone explain why some grounds are unavailable for us to use because they have been seeded for the football?

Raeburn is one and we are playing at Brearley instead but Raeburn looks to be in great condition but we cant get on there.....

Considering Brearley is underdone I am sure both teams would appreciate using Raeburn which personally I think is a great deck.

Surely its cricket season and the football clubs (and council) could have waited a few more week before seeding them?

Especially considering they are going to get chewed up anyway!

We cricketers would really appreciate the council taking some interest in doing this for us over the football clubs for a change.

Council has seeded some of their grounds with drought tolerant grasses, which will better serve us next season. I agree with you though, what they needed to do was do was plan it a little better and give clubs affected a chance to organise themselves a little better. At West we have had Shore Reserve done, while council is allowing play Saturdays on the ground we are not allowed to train there... or use the ground for our U10 & Milo kids, which bringh in significant revenue for the club on a Friday night. even though the general public can use the nets we can't. So we are forced to train at Morris in well below standard nets.... ( run ups are an extreme hazard ).
At least council is forward thinking for next year as these grounds should be in good nick next season

16cans;389013 said:
I take it your not a fan of Glenroy Bobby?

Not at all. In actual fact I reckon they have some talented cricketers.

My comments relates to 2 or 3 of them getting on here and spruiking Glenroy this and Glenroy that. As I said in an earlier post unless their names are Parker, Chisolm, Ward or one or 2 others then they have nothing to spruik about.

Don't get me wrong, most clubs are in the same boat. I just think there's a bit too much coming out of their camp at the moment.

They may all prove me wrong this weekend and touch up St Francis but there are quite a few in that team that need runs and wickets. As I said in a very early post, the lack of depth in their B Grade has probably saved a couple from being dropped.

Bobby Dazzler;389090 said:

My comments relates to 2 or 3 of them getting on here and spruiking Glenroy this and Glenroy that. As I said in an earlier post unless their names are Parker, Chisolm, Ward or one or 2 others then they have nothing to spruik about.

Don't get me wrong, most clubs are in the same boat. I just think there's a bit too much coming out of their camp at the moment.

They may all prove me wrong this weekend and touch up St Francis but there are quite a few in that team that need runs and wickets. As I said in a very early post, the lack of depth in their B Grade has probably saved a couple from being dropped.

Maybe the ones that are struggling to get wickets or runs at glenroy can get involved in the game by doing unsportsment like acts like you guys do at sunshine. They might carry a few blokes but at some stage during the year i think you will find everyone of there players would of had a good performance and after all they have all played in finals unlike your club that has failed every year to make it that far.

RATS

first slipper;389153 said:
Maybe the ones that are struggling to get wickets or runs at glenroy can get involved in the game by doing unsportsment like acts like you guys do at sunshine. They might carry a few blokes but at some stage during the year i think you will find everyone of there players would of had a good performance and after all they have all played in finals unlike your club that has failed every year to make it that far.

RATS

What makes you think I'm from Sunshine?

Bobby Dazzler;389090 said:

Bobby, how about you just worry about your club, and playing finals if you are. We will worry about our club. And, as you know, WE WILL BE PLAYING FINALS.:)

Its clear to me and to others aswell that not many people rate glenroy as a team which is all fine but just before you do rate them turn around and look in your own backyard and think how well your club has gone in the last 5yrs or even how well you have gone personally just dont be surprised once finals come the glenroy boys hit a new level just like they did last season thats all i have to say

good luck for the finals:D

GeeCeeCee;389162 said:
Bobby, how about you just worry about your club, and playing finals if you are. We will worry about our club. And, as you know, WE WILL BE PLAYING FINALS.:)

Hit a sore point there,you would think there was bigger things to worry about than responding to that post.

Worry about my club,interesting statement !!!!!!

DAZZLER i havent had the best year but WILL BE PLAYING FINALS is ur club glenroy are the full package just need contribution from 11 blokes..

paperboy;389225 said:
DAZZLER i havent had the best year but WILL BE PLAYING FINALS is ur club glenroy are the full package just need contribution from 11 blokes..

From where I sit.... very even top two or three and hopefuly weather doesn't shape the finals and the eventual winner like last year!!

Played a lot of cricket and I am sure Sunshine Heights haven't lost any sleep over their form last game

Headlines;389204 said:
Its clear to me and to others aswell that not many people rate glenroy as a team which is all fine but just before you do rate them turn around and look in your own backyard and think how well your club has gone in the last 5yrs or even how well you have gone personally just dont be surprised once finals come the glenroy boys hit a new level just like they did last season thats all i have to say good luck for the finals:D

Lets not forget the nature in which you claimed the prize last season. It was far from a convincing finals campaign. You were one dropped catch away from getting knocked out in the semi-final and we all know what happened in the Grand Final. There are still a few questions that need to be answered down at Glenroy I would say...

Komodo Dragon;389330 said:
Lets not forget the nature in which you claimed the prize last season. It was far from a convincing finals campaign. You were one dropped catch away from getting knocked out in the semi-final and we all know what happened in the Grand Final. There are still a few questions that need to be answered down at Glenroy I would say...

dont play for glenroy but if i correct this time last were not in top four that means west cob st.marys st.andrews and merlyo all stumbled and missed their chance as you stated above everyone knows at start of year you need to finish high as you can GET OVER IT glenroy are and always will be premiers 08/09

silvermagpie thank you there are some people that need to take that in (ST ANDREWS) also wats everyones tips for this week.....

paperboy;389491 said:
silvermagpie thank you there are some people that need to take that in (ST ANDREWS) also wats everyones tips for this week.....

Hopefully we can get the 250 odd next week to finish off a crap season on a good note.

Our wicket yesterday was the best track i have played on this year by far. I think bomber would back me up on that.

GCC, we have already discussed that I won't be playing finals and you will. Good on you and good luck.

Headlines and Paperboy, did you get amongst them on the weekend?

St Marys could end the season with a great result. Could be a real shaper of the final 4.

St Francis v Glenroy looks like the game to watch. Chasing 240 is well within Glenroy's ability if they bat well but can't afford to get off to a poor start.

mmvca;389504 said:
Hopefully we can get the 250 odd next week to finish off a crap season on a good note.

Unfortunatly I think 2 many 2 chase but u never no.

Tipping was shite. OMO after 1st. week

Nagging total 2 chase 4 Glenroy, might be thanking weather 4 playing finals.
Vales - huge score no1 would chase down.
Wests 2 finish with a win, saw a bit of this game. No offence 2 the Wests boys played well but Socials looked 2 be elsewhere.
Saw a bit of this game as well. Saints have the batsman 2 chase down score,
30-40 more would have been interesting, should have rolled YCW for 30-40 less though.

Side note. Salad roll, 2 hot dogs, 2 vics, 1 jim beam $20 & watched 2 games of cricket & races. Cant beat that except possibly playing finals. Best of luck 2whoever is.

16cans;389673 said:

Wests 2 finish with a win, saw a bit of this game. No offence 2 the Wests boys played well but Socials looked 2 be elsewhere.
30-40 more would have been interesting, should have rolled YCW for 30-40 less though.

Side note. Salad roll, 2 hot dogs, 2 vics, 1 jim beam $20 & watched 2 games of cricket & races. Cant beat that except possibly playing finals. Best of luck 2whoever is.

Forgot 2 mention Barkly. Have underestimated them, get in & wont surprise. Have overrated Heights big time.

16cans;389673 said:

Probably thinking about Mad Monday next week you'd reckon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back