MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

BACKtoBACK;390274 said:
Pull yr head in silvermagpie what u could see that far from the sidelines that he was shirtfronted. Grow up u girls i would hate to see if we played footy against yous i think yous would cry coz its to hard u pussy. Mate your lucky it wasnt me that done it coz i would of shirtfronted that weak pussy stevens and made sure that girl didnt get up coz thats all he is a weak pussy. Yous can all go **** yourself u bunch of girls of should i say pussys

I heard they have had a doctor down at JP fawkner all week trying to re insert 11 sets of testicles to a certain A grade team. While he was trying to do this he found out they were all spineless. The only thing he could find was a slight heartbeat but when he checked again (you guessed it) they were all found to be heartless aswell.

F.O.S;389970 said:
Hello All

Its the business time of the year and by all accounts,it looks like a very good finals series coming up.

To my friends at St Francis and Merlo,you have had a great year and look forward to seeing you over the finals and i am sure you will aquit your selves very well.

To whoever is left,be careful what you wish for both on and off the field as it could clearly bite you on the ar.. in the next couple of weeks.

Certain to be a few that cant sleep straight in bed and find it hard to look in the mirror.

Looking forward to the coming weeks and very pumped for the finals.

F.O.S

Cake & hardware shops could do a roaring trade thursday morning.:D

silvermagpie;390225 said:
yes thats right dave we forgot that player was supposed to accept being shirtfronted while running between wickets and if their all lying surely he will get off.Alas newton thinks he is the biggest thing in the comp the way he carried on to the crowd in grand final showed that. Maybe if last years captain coach had taken control at some stage you would not have a issue now.Oh hang on that was you dave wasn,t it
Well all this stuff is very upsetting from your club Glenroy, and with the people in charge of your club we would of thought a bit more integrity from them. Our clubs have been very close over the years with both clubs going to each others functions (that will now stop) also we have a memorial plaque for David McKay (that will now stop) we have also had a good relationship after games with both clubs staying back at each other clubs after games (that will now stop) we have always had good hard games played on the edge at times by both clubs but always played on the ground. Now to your clubs contrived accusations against Paul Newton your club say they have 7 people that seen it, well we have got 15 people that say your player ran into Paul while running for a run, and they are not all people from our club there is 5 from other clubs that were there watching, there is 2 people that were walking there dogs on top the hill,(that is about the same distance your people were away from the incident) which is about 90 meters funny how the umpire was 1 or 2 meters away and did not see anything, so maybe we should put your player on report as well, but we would not do something like that as we do not fear anybody or any club. So bring on the semi lets just hope we get 2 full days of cricket in as we both know who will win. Just to finish when i was playing in A grade many years ago bowlers and batsmen used to run into each other 10 to 15 times a game would like to know if this has changed over the years.

Can someone please let me know which sheep station, Glenroy and St Andrews are playing for this week? ;)

bomber27;390469 said:
Can someone please let me know which sheep station, Glenroy and St Andrews are playing for this week? ;)

Totally agree. It is a game of park cricket after all.

But when stuff happens behind the scenes to try and get a star player outed it is always going to add an edge to the game.

All this bravado on here is great, but people keep having a go at st andrews for being sooks, complaining about everything etc but for someone to be reported by a club and then face a charge 5 weeks after the incident is not ideal to say the least.

Good luck merlo, but dont sit there in total judgement at this scenario as the behavior of some of your guys after the st andrews overs fiasco was not great to say the least.

Emotion is great, but lets remember we are amateurs playing social cricket, which at this time of the year is not so social.

Good luck to all, hope its a ripper series where all 4 sides can win.

LOLL;390475 said:
Totally agree. It is a game of park cricket after all.

But when stuff happens behind the scenes to try and get a star player outed it is always going to add an edge to the game.

All this bravado on here is great, but people keep having a go at st andrews for being sooks, complaining about everything etc but for someone to be reported by a club and then face a charge 5 weeks after the incident is not ideal to say the least.

Good luck merlo, but dont sit there in total judgement at this scenario as the behavior of some of your guys after the st andrews overs fiasco was not great to say the least.

Emotion is great, but lets remember we are amateurs playing social cricket, which at this time of the year is not so social.

Good luck to all, hope its a ripper series where all 4 sides can win.

Fair points there LOLL and probaly way to much common sense for this thread.:)

bomber27;390469 said:

the same one you should be trying to win. thats probably why we wont be playing you the week later.

BACK IN BUSINESS;390523 said:
the same one you should be trying to win. thats probably why we wont be playing you the week later.

No sheep stations for us, just a game of cricket. The difference between you and I is that I have respect for my opponent on the weekend and know that which ever team that does not bring thier "A" game will be beaten.

Here here Bomber, respect for their opponent. I am glad you mentioned that word, because it seems many people on this site at the moment don't have any respect for their opponents (in particular, Back in Business, Paperboy, FOS, The Agressor, Old Hack, BacktoBack, My Captain My Captain).

Their are just some ridiculous comments being made on this site from plenty of people.

Silver Magpie & everyone else, if Paul Newton did shirfront a Glenroy player then yes he should be rubbed out, simple as that. We are not playing Football, Rugby, Gridiron or any other contact sport. If he shirt fronted an opposing player, then rub him out. And Paul, if you did, then take some responsibility for your actions. If not, then he will be playing a semi final against last years premiers. And from all reports, St Andrews have plenty to prove.

Back in Business, that was a disgraceful post. You should just pull your head in. There is no need for that type of b***shit post.

F.O.S, character, does that mean accepting being shirt fronted? It is a non contact sport. Lets leave it at that.

Paperboy, i don't reckon you could lie straight in bed if you tried.

The Aggressor, just worry about your club mate, try making some runs if you are playing this week. Have you made any runs this season? Aren't you supposed to be a gun bat?

To everyone else. Have a great finals series boys. The gloves are off and there should be some ripping games of cricket.

My selections:
St Andrews to take out Glenroy. To strong through their list. Glenroy have the talent, but they fall away very quickly.

St Francis to beat Merlo (sorry Bomber) in a close one. St Francis bowling too strong, in particular if Matt Costello bowls. Did he bowl last game? Is there any truth to the rumour that Phil Eilers is injured?

Good luck all, how about getting on with talking about the 2 games of cricket for a change.

Tips anyone?

Some people really neeed to think about what they are saying becasue as for myself and a 10 of my team mates are not scared of anyone or anything in the compition we are out there to win it 2 years running

if glenroy get beaten on the weekend its because we didnt play to the best of our ability but that wont happen

BACK TO BACK

well my buddy i could not agree anymore with u about david jolley....... correct me if im wrong but didnt u leave this comp at the start of the season dave coz you couldnt make a run and as for paul top bloke just has to under stand he done the wrong thing..... as for my TIPS: GLENROY vs ST ANDREWS big game glenroy to win bowling and batting line up to strong.. MERLO vs ST FRANCIS costello has to bowl for them to win also phil eilers to try recover from a quad strain good luck everybody

GO THE ROY BOYS

Getonwithit;390535 said:
Here here Bomber, respect for their opponent. I am glad you mentioned that word, because it seems many people on this site at the moment don't have any respect for their opponents (in particular, Back in Business, Paperboy, FOS, The Agressor, Old Hack, BacktoBack, My Captain My Captain).

Their are just some ridiculous comments being made on this site from plenty of people.

Silver Magpie & everyone else, if Paul Newton did shirfront a Glenroy player then yes he should be rubbed out, simple as that. We are not playing Football, Rugby, Gridiron or any other contact sport. If he shirt fronted an opposing player, then rub him out. And Paul, if you did, then take some responsibility for your actions. If not, then he will be playing a semi final against last years premiers. And from all reports, St Andrews have plenty to prove.

Back in Business, that was a disgraceful post. You should just pull your head in. There is no need for that type of b***shit post.

F.O.S, character, does that mean accepting being shirt fronted? It is a non contact sport. Lets leave it at that.

Paperboy, i don't reckon you could lie straight in bed if you tried.

The Aggressor, just worry about your club mate, try making some runs if you are playing this week. Have you made any runs this season? Aren't you supposed to be a gun bat?

To everyone else. Have a great finals series boys. The gloves are off and there should be some ripping games of cricket.

My selections:
St Andrews to take out Glenroy. To strong through their list. Glenroy have the talent, but they fall away very quickly.

St Francis to beat Merlo (sorry Bomber) in a close one. St Francis bowling too strong, in particular if Matt Costello bowls. Did he bowl last game? Is there any truth to the rumour that Phil Eilers is injured?

Good luck all, how about getting on with talking about the 2 games of cricket for a change.

Tips anyone?

SORRY if i offended you but i find it hard to RESPECT individuals who shake your right hand and steal your wallet with their left. You have a fair point though it is definately time for the cricket to do the talking. Good luck to sides playing finals this weekend.

BACK IN BUSINESS;390550 said:
SORRY if i offended you but i find it hard to RESPECT individuals who shake your right hand and steal your wallet with their left. You have a fair point though it is definately time for the cricket to do the talking. Good luck to sides playing finals this weekend.

Nice apology! Or was it another sly dig! The way these St Andrews blokes are carrying on you would think the Glenroy boys had runover their mothers in the street!

I'm looking forward to this game. Might pop down and view the fireworks. Association would have to be right on top of it now. Anyone blows a fuse and they wont be playing the week after (provided they make it).

Anyone who has played St Andrews know there is plenty of white line fever involved with them. Has a lot to do with why they have been successful. But you can't continuously have a dig at blokes before one is going to say enough is enough. Only got yourselves to blame.

There would be plenty of the quiet minority within the association who would be laughing heartily if Newton is rubbed out this week.

Bobby Dazzler;390596 said:
Nice apology! Or was it another sly dig! The way these St Andrews blokes are carrying on you would think the Glenroy boys had runover their mothers in the street!

I'm looking forward to this game. Might pop down and view the fireworks. Association would have to be right on top of it now. Anyone blows a fuse and they wont be playing the week after (provided they make it).

Anyone who has played St Andrews know there is plenty of white line fever involved with them. Has a lot to do with why they have been successful. But you can't continuously have a dig at blokes before one is going to say enough is enough. Only got yourselves to blame.

There would be plenty of the quiet minority within the association who would be laughing heartily if Newton is rubbed out this week.

Very ugly situation & not a good look 4 the comp & could be worse this week. near 5 weeks ago - come on . lets hope common sense prevails & the umpires word is not looked upon 2 be irrelevent over an opposing clubs word. Big can of worms could be opened here. I think the only losers here could be 4the memory of David McKay & his family. omo

Tips
Merlo still the side 2 beat. Costello hasnt bowled 4 how long? & if he does probably be very scratchy.
St.Andrews 2 win other game. Bad luck 2 Barkly would of liked 2 c them in.

Good Luck.

16cans;390600 said:
Very ugly situation & not a good look 4 the comp & could be worse this week. near 5 weeks ago - come on . lets hope common sense prevails & the umpires word is not looked upon 2 be irrelevent over an opposing clubs word. Big can of worms could be opened here. I think the only losers here could be 4the memory of David McKay & his family. omo

Tips
Merlo still the side 2 beat. Costello hasnt bowled 4 how long? & if he does probably be very scratchy.

Good Luck.

Good luck to all this week, how I miss being in the thick of the action come finals time, ah well gotta get old some day I spose!

Popped in to JP after tea on the weekend and low and behold Costello was bowling. To say he was scratchy would be an understatement, I reckon he must've bowled 3 beamers in his first over, the first one wasn't called and if it was that wouldve been it for him. After running out Parker comically off a no-ball he seemed to find some rhythm and probably still ended up their best bowler for the day, and if he didnt take himself off he might've given his team top spot, but did not seem anywhere near 100%.

Great win to the Roys with an awesome start followed by some tense moments but enough wickets in hand to get the job done and face the mighty test this week from the old, tired sooks. Fingers crossed Ranga gets over his hammy. Royboys to win and attempt back-to-back.

Merlo with their strong batting line-up should be able to look after the Saints, who'll need Babo firing if they're to be any show, thats if the rain stays away

16cans;390600 said:

Tips

Good Luck.

Why does it take 5 weeks to address this issue?

You guys be the judge of that!!

wow. looks like a good weekend of cricket ahead. everyone seems a little jumpy. during my time in the mmvca i always found that there was a lot more talk and brovado than other comps i have played in (from both my team and others). I thought st marys gave us plenty in the gf but you just enjoy it as part of the contest. there is nothing better than knowing the opposition feels they need to put you off your game or search for an easier option (which not facing pauly would be). it is hard to defend a title and your mind set is different. Glenroy obviously have the talent to beat st andrews and can prove they are a great mmvca team with victory this weekend, if not st andrews reputation as big game players .will continue to grow.

i miss this part of the cricket season. good luck all.
eye on the prize dave, ton up!

paperboy;390547 said:
well my buddy i could not agree anymore with u about david jolley....... correct me if im wrong but didnt u leave this comp at the start of the season dave coz you couldnt make a run and as for paul top bloke just has to under stand he done the wrong thing..... as for my TIPS: GLENROY vs ST ANDREWS big game glenroy to win bowling and batting line up to strong.. MERLO vs ST FRANCIS costello has to bowl for them to win also phil eilers to try recover from a quad strain good luck everybody

GO THE ROY BOYS

loll

I suppose you cant buy a run jolley, your too old and have a terrible record against glenroy. Also, In the last game of the season that 125 no.o looked very very very scratchy

I reckon that guy who used to play for st andrews bowling those right arm benders for glenroy has your measure.

Enough of the bs, lets hope both finals have full strenght teams and weather does not play a part and the best sides win.

Tips Merlo v Glenroy (beacuse if you ask them they are unbeatable and st andrws are old and cranky)

Bobby Dazzler;390596 said:

Nope no ones mum was run over, but in saying that i always thought Glenroy were a top bunch of blokes play hard on the field and then we would sit down for a beer afterwards. As the umpire saw what happened between Newton and the Glenroy player and didnt report him says to me there was nothing in it ( i didnt see wat happened) but the bit that gets me annoyed is that i always thought Glenroy were old school, obviously there not and this explains why they ran to the association and made this situation into something that its not. Pauly will get off cause nothing happened in the umpires eyes and that would be the right decision. If he does get rubbed out only on wat Glenroy says, then i for one and sure the rest of the boys will be the same, they will be more determined than ever and with or without Paul there on the weekend the only way Glenroy are going on to the grand final is if it rains. Gee that sounds familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back