MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Butterfingers;391227 said:
This time of year is an absolute monty for weather to have a say....just hope a team isn't pressured into tossing a coin & deciding a game. Fingers crossed for a common sense decisions made by the comp & umpires so the best team wins this year!!
just like last year......

paperboy;391255 said:
such a shame its raining......
Raining tears more likely,little boy with big mouth
and a Heart as big as split pea,plenty of support there!

paperboy;391255 said:
such a shame its raining......

what a weak attitude, seems like you are only playing finals because of a wash out a few weeks ago. Why would you not want to play and beat St Andrews to get into the GF instead of getting in by default with another washout. It seems the GF teams will be decided by weather, what a SHAME.
Good luck to all teams in the finals and lets hope the GF can at least be decided by a genuine WIN.
If Newton did what was claimed then he should have been rubbed out, but if the umpire did not report him at the time then it should be over. He does push the limits at times but is also a good competitor.

Dont worry about chamois grab a box of kleenex StAndrews! you get your ladder position due to your win loss ratio.

cdca;391337 said:
Dont worry about chamois grab a box of kleenex StAndrews! you get your ladder position due to your win loss ratio.

Let the best team on the day win and not the team who finishes higher on the ladder win due to bad weather. Not a great way to claim victory. Chamois and Kleenex have nothing to do with it. Skill under finals pressure is what it takes to be the best, not finishing higher on the ladder due to percentage. May the BEST TEAM win. Easy to talk tough on a computer, show the same respect and toughness in the finals and let the results decide and not the weather

F.I.T Cricket;391350 said:
Let the best team on the day win and not the team who finishes higher on the ladder win due to bad weather. Not a great way to claim victory. Chamois and Kleenex have nothing to do with it. Skill under finals pressure is what it takes to be the best, not finishing higher on the ladder due to percentage. May the BEST TEAM win. Easy to talk tough on a computer, show the same respect and toughness in the finals and let the results decide and not the weather

I agree with you FIT to some degree. All teams knows that the higher they finish the better position they are come finals time and MOTHER NATURE can be a bitch, as happened this weekend. So as CDCA says, win / loss record (including %) of the home away season decides who goes through. It is unfortunate for St Francis and St Andrews, although the 'BEST TEAMS' over the course of the season finish 1 and 2, so they MUST go through. I am sure this has happened all across Melbourne over this weekend. 37mm of rain Sat, 25mm last night, who can predict that. Bad timing for all those teams who finsihed 3rd & 4th.

There is always next year for those 'Unfortunate Teams'.

Merlo and Glenroy should be an interesting final. Both teams have plenty of youth and have benefitted greatly from promoting juniors through the senior ranks over the past couple of seasons. Lets hope MOTHER NATURE stays away next weekend.:p

GREAT to get through top another GF..lets not by shy about that!!! jus a lil tad unfortunate about the weather but you finish ONE and two during the year........well thats where you end up becoz of how you played during the year!! good luck to both grand finalists over the next too weekends and may the better cricket side win!!!!

FoPud11;391450 said:
GREAT to get through top another GF..lets not by shy about that!!! jus a lil tad unfortunate about the weather but you finish ONE and two during the year........well thats where you end up becoz of how you played during the year!! good luck to both grand finalists over the next too weekends and may the better cricket side win..not the biggest bitchest!!!!

Well... f&%in well ..... 2 teams in this comp played for no reason for the whole season... Congrats to Groy for 2 defaults in 2 yrs.... you guys front up against a two man band...xxxxssssss open the stubbies now!!!

Butterfingers;391483 said:
Well... f&%in well ..... 2 teams in this comp played for no reason for the whole season... Congrats to Groy for 2 defaults in 2 yrs.... you guys front up against a two man band...xxxxssssss open the stubbies now!!!

Agree champ..wet weather is no good for cricket but wins during the year is and where you finish represents where you place..as i said earlier good luck to both sides and I HOPE 4 days of circket provides a winner!!

FoPud11;391523 said:
Agree champ..wet weather is no good for cricket but wins during the year is and where you finish represents where you place..as i said earlier good luck to both sides and I HOPE 4 days of circket provides a winner!!

It's why you want to play during the year, finish as high as you can then if and when the rain affects the finals your in the best position to claim the game, we all know this and we've all known it for a very long time....It's what makes cricket a great game. You must play each week as it's your last because as for no fault of your own you could be out of the race for the flag.

Good luck to the remaining sides this week.

It's unusually quiet on here considering the last week or so.... I would have expected a really hot thread to errupt.

Bad luck to both Saints. Good season guys and hopefully you can have a bit more luck next year. It is a shame that the weather has played apart for 2 years running.

To Glenroy and Merlo - best of luck for the coming weeks.

This will be a very interesting battle. Both sides have great batting lines up with guys in form.

putabellintheball;391596 said:
It's unusually quiet on here considering the last week or so.... I would have expected a really hot thread to errupt.

Bad luck to both Saints. Good season guys and hopefully you can have a bit more luck next year. It is a shame that the weather has played apart for 2 years running.

To Glenroy and Merlo - best of luck for the coming weeks.

This will be a very interesting battle. Both sides have great batting lines up with guys in form.

Congrats 2 Merlo & Glenroy 4 making it through. Simple scenario, finish top 2.
Didnt get 2 Hallam but reports were Merlo looking comfortable.
Went 2 JP. Roy boys & supporters up early vocally with some amusing words thrown across the line apart from 1 clown who probably started drinking a tad early, after Parker went it got very quiet & looked like panic button got hit.
Had a laugh with Stevens dismissal, plumb, never think a short ball is coming b4 it is bowled. Glenroy could of been rolled very quick after that & the pressure would of been put back on St.Andrews with the bat. Pity the heavens opened but thats Melb & the rules of the comp.
Tip 4 GF.
Have said all along Merlo the side 2 beat & will stick with them. omo.
Good Luck.

LOLL;388573 said:
Finishing 3rd on the ladder after the regular season and being awarded the flag beacuse you drew the game in the gf due to it being weather interrupted is not what i deem succesfull.

And,Yes you have the flag, but the stars aligned to make it happen. Whenever glenroy need rain they get it, just ask barkly st.

Everyone hates St Andrews and they probably have a point as they have combative charachters and dont deal with losing well at all.

Just a note, st andrews made 350 odd declared off 60 odd overs and glenroy made 8/28o odd with umbrella fields all day and got a draw.

St andrews may be spent, but hopefully you can win one on your merits this year amd actuall win the game.

Prediction Glenroy vs St Andrews semi final a draw due to a day and a half of rain......and as much as i hate to say it hopefull st francis win it, but porb merlov glenroy final due to wash outs in semi

Unforthunately i was proven correct weeks in advance.

Some very interesting stuff came out of the wash out though, you get to find out a lot about a whole host of people. You could at least pretend you wanted the game to start when realistically there was no hope of it happening. And when you say something to at least try and back it up.

Oh well, good luck to both teams and lets hope 4 days of cricket to see a deserving victor

FoPud11;391523 said:

I think it would be fair to say everyone hopes for all 4 days to be played this year and the best side over 2 innings will win the game.

As for my tip

Dont care who wins as long as they can give me 4 days of good watching since it is my last leave pass for the summer i am hoping it will be worth it for all 4 days. One thing i will say is good luck to all players playing and to punky and trent i will never forget my greatest moment in cricket was playing in a winning grand final with my old man and being able to celebrate with him after the game you cant beat that feeling lets hope you guys get to experience that.

cdca;391337 said:

I totaly agree, you st andrew dont deserve to be in the gf. Well done to Glenroy and Merlo the best 2 teams all year win/loss ratio proves that. We missed out on finals as our win/loss record wasnt good enough we are not complaining, you can sook about the weather as much as you like

Very ordinary words 2 say against another club & the people u named, wonder if u have ever spoken 2 any of them, especially when u consider how successful & strong they r & with all their sides making finals, looks like they always intend 2 be successful. Maybe u should take a leaf out of their book & learn something instead of dragging your own club down with u. Dont think ur own teammates or club 4 that matter would have appreciated your words either concidering ur own & clubs failings this season. What were those famous words u used @ the start of season. Different attitude & so forth blah blah blah. spots never change.
Maybe ur words were a send off. Cant c another club in comp wanting u on board though. Lets all hope it is a send off & the club can now start rebuilding 4 success.

First of all, commiserations to St Andrews & St Francis for the way their season had to end, but I'm sure most will agree that the premiership window will still be open for both of them next season.

So it all comes down to this.

Both sides have a deep batting line-up, each lead well by a prolific run-scoring opener (Parker & Woods). The clear difference between the teams is the depth of quality, consistent bowlers. Glenroy is a mile ahead in this area. They are at you all day, putting the ball in the right areas and continually testing your technique whilst also getting in your head.
Merlo's attack will be lead by Singh & T Gleisner who are inexperienced when it comes to big games, with the latter having had an ordinary season by his standards. I think for Merlo to win Punky will have to get at least 3 or 4, but with plenty of time on their hands Glenroy should be able to show some temperament and not go overboard when facing him. Murray wont phase the Roys with his gentle mediums, likewise Pell with his leggies.

Ward, Chisholm, S Pipe & Greaney form a formidable pace line-up and three of them can bowl long spells:D Whilst Woods has made a mountain of runs, the word around the traps is that Borg is the man to get because of his very good technique and ability to bat for long periods. Punky will always be thereabouts and the skipper will chip in. Apart from that it appears the rest are pretty young, which although this game will have big benefits for them in the future, means its likely they'll have no significant impact on the game.

Glenroy to make 250+ with Merlo making just under 200 in the first innings, and from there it'll just be a matter of who holds their nerve and makes the most of the big moments and opportunities presented.

The Roys will start hot favourites due to better depth amongst their squad and the ability to have numerous back-up plans. And of course their experience from last year will be invaluable. Plus the weather wont intervene.

We'd all love to see a nail-biting Grand Final like the last couple of seasons but unfortunately I just can't see it happening. Parker (surprise, surprise) to be man-of-the-match like last year to go with this years best in comp. He might bring up that elusive ton too!

Good luck to all involved and enjoy the experience because it doesn't happen that often and it comes and goes bloody quick!

16cans;392023 said:
Very ordinary words 2 say against another club & the people u named, wonder if u have ever spoken 2 any of them, especially when u consider how successful & strong they r & with all their sides making finals, looks like they always intend 2 be successful. Maybe u should take a leaf out of their book & learn something instead of dragging your own club down with u. Dont think ur own teammates or club 4 that matter would have appreciated your words either concidering ur own & clubs failings this season. What were those famous words u used @ the start of season. Different attitude & so forth blah blah blah. spots never change.
Maybe ur words were a send off. Cant c another club in comp wanting u on board though. Lets all hope it is a send off & the club can now start rebuilding 4 success.

unfortuantely missed #D503's comments as it must of been removed very quickly.........can you give a bit of wot he said without getting yourself in trouble!!??

16cans;392023 said:
How quick r the mods 3D503, your tripe taken off just as quick as it was posted & a yellow card 2 boot.

Sounds like it was an interesting post, would have been funny to read it. Your post makes a lot of sense and if your from paccoe your more than welcome down at the saints.

I would have thought a paccoe player (who is presume 3d is) would keep to his own as they had an extremely succesfull year. How some of the same guys get a game down there and consistenly under perform is interesting. They just need to open there eyes to all the talent that is down there and play them rather than persisting witht the older brigade.

I can almost predict a part of the post.....d joley a ratbag who should give it away......p newton a sook blah blah.....with some garbage also directed at the silvers.

Anyway, enough on paccoe, fine weather forecast so i have to pick merlo. Lets hope its a good one and played in the right spirit adn its not rocket science but whichever team can strike a few wickets early will win. The top 3 carry the can for their teams so that is where it will be won and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back