MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

extracover;392078 said:
Ward, Chisholm, S Pipe & Greaney form a formidable pace line-up and three of them can bowl long spells:D

Very very very funny!

Interesting GF on the way.

Both sides have very solid numbers at the top of their respective orders. Probably both fall away through the middle though. Would think Glenroy have better a better tail.

Glenroy's bowling is where the game will be won or lost. Superior to Merlyo's.

Ward will be player of the final. Looked under done last year and will be raring to get involved. The best bowler in the comp (no disrespect to the other good ones out there). Gets batsman out (unlike most who wait on the batsman to get themselves out). Great record against Merlyo. Chisolm the dark horse.

the royboys to take it out again this year fellas, whilst everyone talks up the opening bats i know that delia holds the key and will be man of the match. im backing him in to top score and lead the way

RooBoy;392083 said:
unfortuantely missed #D503's comments as it must of been removed very quickly.........can you give a bit of wot he said without getting yourself in trouble!!??

Wont go in2 it Roo, let it blow over.
More importantly, your club. Heard around traps u guys have signed or r about 2 sign a bowler & a couple of his mates from vtca circles 4 next season? Hope its true, would be a great thing 4 your club 2 help rebuild.

Just wanted to let some of you blokes know that i am one of he opening bats at glenroy and our batting doesnt all fall on myself and parker like everyone seems to think so, we can bat right down to 11 and that was shown in last yrs finals it takes 11 blokes(or mates) to win a flag not just 4-5 as we will hopefully show you all this week...but good luck to merlo as they are a good bunch of blokes

16cans;392266 said:
Wont go in2 it Roo, let it blow over.
More importantly, your club. Heard around traps u guys have signed or r about 2 sign a bowler & a couple of his mates from vtca circles 4 next season? Hope its true, would be a great thing 4 your club 2 help rebuild.

I have also heard that a certain player is on the move from East Coburg next yr?????

Also gl to Merlo and Glenroy this w/e. While i would say Glenroy would be favorites, i think i am backing Merlo with TW in some serious form this yr to take out the flag.

My MOTM will be Roger Murray. Underestimate him at your own peril.

mmvca;392440 said:
I have also heard that a certain player is on the move from East Coburg next yr?????

Also gl to Merlo and Glenroy this w/e. While i would say Glenroy would be favorites, i think i am backing Merlo with TW in some serious form this yr to take out the flag.

I agree with you there Harry, and we will not be underestimating Roger and his importance to Merlo.

We are looking forward to 4 hard fought days. Good luck to all, in particular all my team mates, and hopefully we can bring home the bacon.

Look forward to seeing you down there at some stage Harry.

mmvca;392440 said:

MMVCA, how are Glenroy favourites? Based on last year? They just struggled to makes finals this season with a lucky washout against barkly, again last week with St Andrews.

For mine, Merlo have been on top for most of the season, They have the leading run scorer in the competition, T Woods has had a year out of the box, so there will be plenty of pressue on him to perform in the big one this weekend and next, Gleisner and Borg (especially early in the season) have offered good support through the season, and there bowling has been ably led by the captain Murray.

Yes Glenroy have some big names, but some need to start firing, there are plenty of blanks being fired over the last month - 6 weeks from JP Fawkner. A big team effort is required for them to get over the line in this one.

Merlo would have to be favourites just based on their performance this season alone. Good luck to both sides and lets hope there are 4 great days of cricket played. Merlo to take home the 2009-10 premiership:p.

well guys its anybodys game i think glenroys young guns will play a big part in this one.. well done to my team mates who stuck together all year also to merlo...... just happy to say the game will be played in good spirit.. merlo good bunch of blokes but not enough exp. in finals for me glenroy played alot of finals last 6yrs glenroy to win for BACK2BAC good luck to everyone Parker to lead from the front and bring it home

paperboy;392503 said:
well guys its anybodys game i think glenroys young guns will play a big part in this one.. well done to my team mates who stuck together all year also to merlo...... just happy to say the game will be played in good spirit.. merlo good bunch of blokes but not enough exp. in finals for me glenroy played alot of finals last 6yrs glenroy to win for BACK2BAC good luck to everyone Parker to lead from the front and bring it home

On this years form...& we didn't show any... the best competition to our team had come from Glenroy & St Andrews as a close second... Played Merlo in the last round & didn't see much that would give high hopes of a GF contender!! The scoreboard of 7 for 70 after 75 overs is a sign that one side is definately all at sea when it comes to the business end..

Butterfingers;392660 said:
On this years form...& we didn't show any... the best competition to our team had come from Glenroy & St Andrews as a close second... Played Merlo in the last round & didn't see much that would give high hopes of a GF contender!! The scoreboard of 7 for 70 after 75 overs is a sign that one side is definately all at sea when it comes to the business end..

Having made the prevoius comment.....I feel sick thinking that a team will go back to back on Noahs Ark!!

Hi Guys,

The surface of the ground although looks great, is making the ball travel very, very, very slowly. The ring field that would normally go side ways to gather the ball, are able to go forward, so runs are difficult to come by. The grass is so lush making the outfield too slow. I saw many balls being hit hard and well but only travelling 1/2 way to the square boundries. As you guys know Reaburns square boundries are reasonably short. As I left earlier today not 1 boundry hit.

In my opinion the grass needed to be cut a lot lower for Cricket but as you all know we have to look after the football.

The track looks a beauty, and it's yellow.

150+ is closer to a 280+ score with the current playing conditions.

Porco Dio!

Dio Cane!

Dio Cane;392724 said:
I saw many balls being hit hard and well but only travelling 1/2 way to the square boundries. As you guys know Reaburns square boundries are reasonably short. As I left earlier today not 1 boundry hit.

With all due respect to Merlyo I think this comment is a little simplistic. You are correct in everything you say. They hit 2 boundries in 127.2 overs. 1 in the 43rd over and 1 in the 111th. BUT .....

Glenroy batted 22 overs prior to stumps today and already have 3 fours and a 6. 69 runs on the board and 84 to get. The match isn't over but inroads have been made.

It was slow, trust me I know, but Merlyo needed to turn the strike over. The young bloke, Pell (M), really tried hard for his team but if you bat 78 overs you should at least make 70 (slow outfield or not).

Blow In;392785 said:
With all due respect to Merlyo I think this comment is a little simplistic. You are correct in everything you say. They hit 2 boundries in 127.2 overs. 1 in the 43rd over and 1 in the 111th. BUT .....

Glenroy batted 22 overs prior to stumps today and already have 3 fours and a 6. 69 runs on the board and 84 to get. The match isn't over but inroads have been made.

It was slow, trust me I know, but Merlyo needed to turn the strike over. The young bloke, Pell (M), really tried hard for his team but if you bat 78 overs you should at least make 70 (slow outfield or not).

Whaty was the final score today?

Schnauzer;392809 said:
Merlo all out 152, Glenroy 0-69 :eek:

No offence guys.OMO. Being a fence observer along with other fence observers. I think Merlo's mind set was right, bat for 2 days, but having said that. Longish outfield or not, just over one an over 4 innings, cant expext 2 win & wont. Seen the young bloke bat a few times, dont no if it was nerves 2 not play shots or instructions, long time in middle regardless of good enough line bowling & umbrella fields. No1 willing 2 go over top enough & push them back. Cant blame the kid, possibly 1st full year in, has lots of time & talent.
Congrats 2 St.Francis C-Turf early day next Sat. B-Turf in balance & could go either way. Vales 1 dayer going for 2nd flag in 3 years. Good Luck.

He made 30?! and batted 70 odd overs

Obviously an unbelievably self disciplined innings. Im guessing the strategy was bat and bat and bat and deny glenroy the chance to win this weekend and then do a raindance all week.
Apparently, they are forecasting rain next weekend. Wouldnt that be ironic for the roy boys ;)

jontyfromsa;392888 said:
He made 30?! and batted 70 odd overs

Obviously an unbelievably self disciplined innings. Im guessing the strategy was bat and bat and bat and deny glenroy the chance to win this weekend and then do a raindance all week.
Apparently, they are forecasting rain next weekend. Wouldnt that be ironic for the roy boys ;)
Spot on, hope it absolutely buckets down next weekend.

kingkong;392933 said:
Spot on, hope it absolutely buckets down next weekend.

As his face contorts from all the sour grapes stuck in his gob!

Just like 2009 and semi final 2010 Glenroy have got on the blower to God this week and told him to hold off on the torrential downpours.

That's the depth of influence down at JP, even God listens. Or so some would have you think.

Blow In;392953 said:
As his face contorts from all the sour grapes stuck in his gob!

Just like 2009 and semi final 2010 Glenroy have got on the blower to God this week and told him to hold off on the torrential downpours.

That's the depth of influence down at JP, even God listens. Or so some would have you think.
well the fella upstairs has def been on your side the last couple of years, just for this weekend i hope his on Merlos side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back