Dec 18
Jan 8
Jan 15
Jan 22
Jan 29/Feb 5
Feb 12/19
Feb 26/Mar 5

2 day finals on Sat/Suns

Up from generally two 1 dayers in a season if weather isnt interfering to seven 1 dayers in a season & gf played over 2 days instead of 4?

Usually sides dont change from a 1 dayer to a 2 dayer the following game.
If the season is split between 1 dayers & 2 dayers u would find players who are not good enough 2 play a higher grade for 1 reason or another playing A/B grade because they are bash & blast 1 day players only & that would make a mockery of the competition.

Omo. If this scenario or similar was put in place u might find clubs going along Merlo's path 4 which I think is the right move 4 them as they still have the older players good enough & they have the factor of youth on their side.

Not interested from a financial angle, just curious who now maintains wicket.
Merlo which would be the most logical or the council?

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

16cans;405217 said:
Up from generally two 1 dayers in a season if weather isnt interfering to seven 1 dayers in a season & gf played over 2 days instead of 4?

Usually sides dont change from a 1 dayer to a 2 dayer the following game.
If the season is split between 1 dayers & 2 dayers u would find players who are not good enough 2 play a higher grade for 1 reason or another playing A/B grade because they are bash & blast 1 day players only & that would make a mockery of the competition.

Omo. If this scenario or similar was put in place u might find clubs going along Merlo's path 4 which I think is the right move 4 them as they still have the older players good enough & they have the factor of youth on their side.

Not interested from a financial angle, just curious who now maintains wicket.
Merlo which would be the most logical or the council?

16cans,

I think that if we did schedule a couple of 2 dayers as sat/sun, it wouldn't put too many sides out. Too many comps are going towards 2 day G/F's and it takes away the chance to have a great G/F. ie glenroy v st andrews 2 yrs ago. Not saying glenroy didn't deserve it, but if the first week gets washed out, the higher team is declared the winner. Is that really the way we want our season to finish??

I like the way our comp is ran, but would it really hurt to turn A Grade into an eight team comp with 14 rounds and continue it thru to B Grade, C Grade even a D, E Grade and maybe have the bottom couple of grades for kids coming thru??

Not trying to belittle what you are saying, just trying to get it out there and find out what other people are thinking.

mmvca;405431 said:
16cans,

I think that if we did schedule a couple of 2 dayers as sat/sun, it wouldn't put too many sides out. Too many comps are going towards 2 day G/F's and it takes away the chance to have a great G/F. ie glenroy v st andrews 2 yrs ago. Not saying glenroy didn't deserve it, but if the first week gets washed out, the higher team is declared the winner. Is that really the way we want our season to finish??

I like the way our comp is ran, but would it really hurt to turn A Grade into an eight team comp with 14 rounds and continue it thru to B Grade, C Grade even a D, E Grade and maybe have the bottom couple of grades for kids coming thru??

Not trying to belittle what you are saying, just trying to get it out there and find out what other people are thinking.

No probs there mate very healthy 2 have different opinions, be pretty boring if every1 had the same thought.

Anyway how's ur ground looking 7 weeks out? i c a couple on this side not looking flash, chopped up from footy cause of rain with loads more 2 come.

So guys, whats the chances of starting the season ontime this year with all the rain and the condition of most cricket grounds due to them resembling swamps... I am guessing that the turf wickets will be too soft to start work on this month... leaving approx 4 weeks to get something up that resembles a turf deck...

Sainters_3_Peat;404557 said:
LOL you obviously do your homework !!!NOT!!! if you did you would know that i was runner up in the comp bowling average in north A1 in a premiership side before coming to play with mates at St Andrews and there would be 10 to 15 blokes in this comp that could quite easily dominate the Vtca competition. There is alot of good players in this comp and maybe if the clubs could pay as much as the vtca do or have an overseas import like each club in the vtca do then you would see this comp become one of the better competitions going around!!! Can't wait for the 10/11 season should be a very even competition. One team to watch are Socials this year some very good recruits with fitzy,pitts,gibbard and vernon to compliment the likes of toll and kite will be hard to beat!!!

Sainters 3 peat or should I say Smoke... I think your definately in the top 3 best bowlers I would face in the MMVCA although you would have to agree that the standard of wickets are worse in general for batsman in this comp compared to VTCA... Prime example Raeburn Reserve the GF ground always brings good bats undone .. The likely hood of playing on a wet deck is also more of a chance to go ahead in this comp than any other!! Look forward to facing you this season if it ever starts!!

any news on fixtures and what they are going to do about merlo being gone yet????????????? only six weeks away from the action starting surly we got to know soon!!!!!!!!!!

justoutsideoff;406156 said:
any news on fixtures and what they are going to do about merlo being gone yet????????????? only six weeks away from the action starting surly we got to know soon!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon with the current weather and more rain forecast in the coming weeks, we won't be starting the turf season on time.......

Smoke My Bat;406160 said:
I reckon with the current weather and more rain forecast in the coming weeks, we won't be starting the turf season on time.......

Our is still getting used by the marby park footy club, for atleast a week and up to 3 weeks. At the moment the centre is a bog and looks shithouse. And with all the rain lately we will be lucky to start by early November.

Looks like Haig coming up & a couple of new sides in B grade which will be good, no bye in all turf grades with Ascot Vale dropping again.
? mark with them. Their first 11 playing C grade against kids who are generally learning. Thought they did ok in B grade. Players gone maybe??

Couple of topics for us to discuss

1, Haig made to go to A grade
2, In one day games any ball that pass behind the batsmen and misses leg stump is a wide.

My thoughts only
Item 1,
Feel sorry for Haig but had to be done, The comp had 2 choices Haig and Ascot Vale and from what people are writing on here it sounds like Ascot Vale have asked to go down a grade. Haig just have to work towards building a young side that in 2 or 3 years time will be playing in the finals

Item 2
Is a good rule because there is no grey area in it. If your bowler bowls it down leg side it is a wide no matter what. Every player bowler knows that from the start of the day

first slipper;406638 said:
Couple of topics for us to discuss

1, Haig made to go to A grade
2, In one day games any ball that pass behind the batsmen and misses leg stump is a wide.

My thoughts only
Item 1,
Feel sorry for Haig but had to be done, The comp had 2 choices Haig and Ascot Vale and from what people are writing on here it sounds like Ascot Vale have asked to go down a grade. Haig just have to work towards building a young side that in 2 or 3 years time will be playing in the finals

Item 2
Is a good rule because there is no grey area in it. If your bowler bowls it down leg side it is a wide no matter what. Every player bowler knows that from the start of the day

While I agree with the rule.... should make for some very long one day games in the lower divisions:rolleyes:

Ascot Vale going back a division...?? Why, they were competitive in B Turf last year, just missing the finals.... I don't know why you would drop a division..

Back