MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Interesting to see the league updated on their website the By Laws for 2010/2011. Included in the By Law under section B3 Matches and Rounds, B3(1) it states and I quote “The Executive Council shall provide a season fixture by the September meeting of the Association. The fixture will detail -home and away teams, playing dates, ground locations and important contact details.”

Well its now September and going by their website the next meeting is on the 29th of September. Surely its not too much to except the fixtures be out less than a month to go before the season starts?

hottieburger;407744 said:
Interesting to see the league updated on their website the By Laws for 2010/2011. Included in the By Law under section B3 Matches and Rounds, B3(1) it states and I quote “The Executive Council shall provide a season fixture by the September meeting of the Association. The fixture will detail -home and away teams, playing dates, ground locations and important contact details.”

Well its now September and going by their website the next meeting is on the 29th of September. Surely its not too much to except the fixtures be out less than a month to go before the season starts?

Well said hottie, can anyone give us an update on whats going on?

Bronks1;407748 said:
Well said hottie, can anyone give us an update on whats going on?

Most likely, like every other year, its getting the go ahead for grounds from the council. Can't do much until then.

LOLL;407414 said:
Just a question to you bomber as a representative for your club.

What are the main reasons you guys decided to go to vtca?

I understand it may be seen as a step up with better grounds and the like but i thought the history of the club and travel factors may have played a part in staying.

Also, merlo have not won an a grade flag for a while so I would have thought the team would have wanted to try and go 1 better this year.

No criticism of your clubs decision, but would like to understand your clubs reasoning.

I am sure travelling to all parts of melbourne wont be fun on those hot summer days, anyway best of luck, guys like yourself putting in time on the exec should not underestimated. Hopefully the comp can replace you as volunteers are hard to find.

merlo, the team we love to hate

LOLL,

playing on better tracks was a small part of the decision but the main reason is where the club is at the moment in terms of its playing stocks. With 85% of our top three sides under the age of 23, there has been alot of talk from these guys that they would like the opportunity to play at a higher level.
Unfortunately the MMVCA competition doesn't present that oppurtunity with only the one grade where as the VTCA offers a promotion/relegation system. And before anyone jumps on here and says "its not like we are dominating this comp" or that we will not be playing in a higher level, we understand that.
Its about looking at the big picture and the future of the club. With a number of older players playing their last season this year, it was important that we put the younger players and the future of the club first.
Let me also say that the way we left the MMVCA at the last minute was not ideal and that we had no intentions to do so, but the opportunity came up from the VTCA, so we took it.
Personally, as a player who has enjoyed every minute playing in the MMVCA and as an Exec member, I will miss it greatly.
I will still be a keen follower of the A Turf comp and wish all teams the best this season and look forward to catching up with all my old foes throughout the season sometime.

Cheers

Woodsy

Smoke My Bat;407740 said:
Not ideal 3 weeks out from the start of the season.... There is alsways something going on with Pacoe

Dont believe everything u read. Dom still coaching, captaincy undecided
( still dont understand that ) no player rift, few players have gone elsewhere but all clubs lose players.

Only disagreement which looks more like grade 5 schoolyard stuff is the candidates 4 the captaincy. I want to be captain, No I want to be.
Bring back the strap I say.

I did hear @ local footy final Sat one of the turf sides will/have pulled out. Which one I dont no, if true another delay with fixture coming out.

What I do no is club not happy with a player trying 2 spread a false rumour about Dom & club & his/their hidden agenda.

16cans;407842 said:
Dont believe everything u read. Dom still coaching, captaincy undecided
( still dont understand that ) no player rift, few players have gone elsewhere but all clubs lose players.

Only disagreement which looks more like grade 5 schoolyard stuff is the candidates 4 the captaincy. I want to be captain, No I want to be.
Bring back the strap I say.

I did hear @ local footy final Sat one of the turf sides will/have pulled out. Which one I dont no, if true another delay with fixture coming out.

What I do no is club not happy with a player trying 2 spread a false rumour about Dom & club & his/their hidden agenda.
I think you are unsure of what your saying as far as i know no one has put there hand up to be captain. Also true about players leaving but a good core of 5 senoir players still remain ie Dom,Betch,Brett.P,Stingers and plugger.These 5 should hold the side together nicely.

It is with great pleasure that Haig Fawkner Cricket Club announces the appointment of Saman (Sammy) Kandage as the coach for season 2010 - 2011. Sammy will bring some players with him this season and hopefully we can be competitive...We have a great junior set up and will have 5 junior teams this year. Hopefuly in a few years time this kids can come up and play A-Turf. In the mean time Sammy will keep us competitive.
My tip is we will finish mid table 4 or 5 wins :). Go the Haigers...

bomber27;407762 said:
LOLL,

playing on better tracks was a small part of the decision but the main reason is where the club is at the moment in terms of its playing stocks. With 85% of our top three sides under the age of 23, there has been alot of talk from these guys that they would like the opportunity to play at a higher level.
Unfortunately the MMVCA competition doesn't present that oppurtunity with only the one grade where as the VTCA offers a promotion/relegation system. And before anyone jumps on here and says "its not like we are dominating this comp" or that we will not be playing in a higher level, we understand that.
Its about looking at the big picture and the future of the club. With a number of older players playing their last season this year, it was important that we put the younger players and the future of the club first.
Let me also say that the way we left the MMVCA at the last minute was not ideal and that we had no intentions to do so, but the opportunity came up from the VTCA, so we took it.
Personally, as a player who has enjoyed every minute playing in the MMVCA and as an Exec member, I will miss it greatly.
I will still be a keen follower of the A Turf comp and wish all teams the best this season and look forward to catching up with all my old foes throughout the season sometime.

Cheers

Woodsy

I think your post here is a credit to you and your club and I wish you all the very best.

I wish my club would follow your lead very quickly. Do the right thing by our Juniors!!

3D-503;407855 said:
I think you are unsure of what your saying as far as i know no one has put there hand up to be captain. Also true about players leaving but a good core of 5 senoir players still remain ie Dom,Betch,Brett.P,Stingers and plugger.These 5 should hold the side together nicely.

1 minute u say infighting @ paco, players not happy & what ever else blah blah blah.
Next minute u make out like their sitting on top of the tree.
Big pliers 2 get those splinters out of ur arse!!

Fresh_Prince;407857 said:
It is with great pleasure that Haig Fawkner Cricket Club announces the appointment of Saman (Sammy) Kandage as the coach for season 2010 - 2011. Sammy will bring some players with him this season and hopefully we can be competitive...We have a great junior set up and will have 5 junior teams this year. Hopefuly in a few years time this kids can come up and play A-Turf. In the mean time Sammy will keep us competitive.
My tip is we will finish mid table 4 or 5 wins :). Go the Haigers...

Dangerous territory your entering there Fresh Prince. Only need to ask Sunshine Heights or several other clubs he has been involved in.
Always got along with you blokes, so wish you all the best.

old hack;407873 said:
I think your post here is a credit to you and your club and I wish you all the very best.

I wish my club would follow your lead very quickly. Do the right thing by our Juniors!!

Thanks Dave. Maybe you guys are heading our way. Apparently another club from the MMVCA has committed to the VTCA for the 2011/12 season.

hottieburger;407744 said:

Fixtures are up on MyCricket now

Bit of talk around about vtca having talks with a certain club about moving over next season.
Any1 like 2 take a stab @ which club this might be?

Few factors 4 consideration.
Stable club, Competitive higher grades, Numbers, Older heads who have a couple of years left in the tank & most importantly talented youth coming through.

I can think of 3 clubs which I believe one of is very keen on the idea.
No offence 2 any club whom I have forgotten about. OMO

St.Francis - Heights - St.Andrews

who cares about other comps this is a mmvca thread lets get the talk bout our season on here leave the vtca crap to the vtca...

any new players to watch this year surly by now ppl have worked out thier playing lists..............

justoutsideoff;407992 said:
who cares about other comps this is a mmvca thread lets get the talk bout our season on here leave the vtca crap to the vtca...

any new players to watch this year surly by now ppl have worked out thier playing lists..............

Sorry if it offended u, but u should care & the mmvca comp & all should be very concerned about it even though u may not be.

One strong club has already left with talks of another strong club maybe heading down the same pathway next season. I think that is a concern 4 the comp.

Talking about mmvca clubs on a mmvca thread. Where else should it be?

16cans;407991 said:
Bit of talk around about vtca having talks with a certain club about moving over next season.
Any1 like 2 take a stab @ which club this might be?

Few factors 4 consideration.
Stable club, Competitive higher grades, Numbers, Older heads who have a couple of years left in the tank & most importantly talented youth coming through.

I can think of 3 clubs which I believe one of is very keen on the idea.
No offence 2 any club whom I have forgotten about. OMO

St.Francis - Heights - St.Andrews

Based on the above why wouldn't Glenroy be in that mix. Didn't they win 3 out of the last 5 GF's? And moved to a ground with above average facilities..Just an observation from a player new to the comp

Howla;408001 said:
Based on the above why wouldn't Glenroy be in that mix. Didn't they win 3 out of the last 5 GF's? And moved to a ground with above average facilities..Just an observation from a player new to the comp

Correct forgot about them. They tick all boxes especially with youth.
Unfortunately their B & C grade fall away a bit. Hopefully that gets turned around this season.

Which comp u hail from Howla?

bomber27;407895 said:
Thanks Dave. Maybe you guys are heading our way. Apparently another club from the MMVCA has committed to the VTCA for the 2011/12 season.

I have no knowledge of it but I would like it to be true for the future of the kids similar to the reasons you outlined earlier.

old hack;408011 said:
I have no knowledge of it but I would like it to be true for the future of the kids similar to the reasons you outlined earlier.

whisper the club on the move is West Coburg.

3D-503;407855 said:

not being nasty, but not many talented players in that list of 5......Dom and Betchy not too bad. Plugger can hold his own too and been around awhile and good bloke!

Brett P and Stingers (???) scraping the barrel.

I wish Pacco all the best

Back