MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

The Black Panther;408668 said:
Exit Pacco Garvos/Preston/Terras/Mpallas/Mathews/Stinger C turf gone will struggle in B Turf as all that team left for saints last year. Did any one see this comming????

I can confirm Garvins/Preston gone to Roxburg Park/P.terra playing closer to home/R.Terra retired/M.Pallas playing vets/Mathews work commitments available on rare occassions/Stingers overseas for year. I could be wrong but im pretty sure all this is right could be long long year ahead for Pacoe.

16cans;408724 said:
Heard on the weekend couple more players heading Saints way.
What the #### is going on here?
Who runs the club?
The executive or certain people within the cricket club with hidden agendas pushing people away?

sad to here of an old foe in Pacoe having troubles with players.

Who are these people with hidden agenda's.......knowing Doug Nic and a few others over the years, he wouldnt be letting the club suffer or be over run.

16cans;408724 said:
Heard on the weekend couple more players heading Saints way.
What the #### is going on here?
Who runs the club?
The executive or certain people within the cricket club with hidden agendas pushing people away?
StAndrews will be strong this year with younger players getting their chance in higher grades, and yes some gone and some new players at the club.

RooBoy;408780 said:
sad to here of an old foe in Pacoe having troubles with players.

Who are these people with hidden agenda's.......knowing Doug Nic and a few others over the years, he wouldnt be letting the club suffer or be over run.

No disrespect to Doug, he is a great man & if it wasn't for people like Doug local cricket clubs would not be around, even great men dont always smell what is being shovelled towards them.

On a lighter note, with all the people gone or going from paco, the game will finish @ 6 & last drinks will be called @ 6.15 instead of the usual around 7. Scull.

My Captain said:
StAndrews will be strong this year with younger players getting their chance in higher grades, and yes some gone and some new players at the club.

With the grounds in the conditions they are in due to weather, would there be a possibility 4 a last season scenario where the council concentrated their efforts 2 get A grade only, ready 4 round 1?

16cans;408800 said:
With the grounds in the conditions they are in due to weather, would there be a possibility 4 a last season scenario where the council concentrated their efforts 2 get A grade only, ready 4 round 1?

Thats the least they should do!!!
What about some predictions for most runs/wickets?
Runs: S. Babo due for a couple of big tons...
Wickets: Ma. Costello great bowler does it year in year out...
Flag: St Andews after what i heard last night it has just added fuel to the fire!!!!:mad:

Sainters_3_Peat;408836 said:
Flag: St Andews after what i heard last night it has just added fuel to the fire!!!!:

Please explain......

Sainters_3_Peat;408836 said:
Flag: St Andews after what i heard last night it has just added fuel to the fire!!!!:mad:

Ma. Costello is playing district isn't he??

3D-503;408733 said:
I can confirm Garvins/Preston gone to Roxburg Park/P.terra playing closer to home/R.Terra retired/M.Pallas playing vets/Mathews work commitments available on rare occassions/Stingers overseas for year. I could be wrong but im pretty sure all this is right could be long long year ahead for Pacoe.

A long year ahead for Paco not many senior players attended training. The coaching staff and committee needs to be reviewed as they need to accept some of the responsibility!!! Furthermore it was Ross Terra who had the backing of all the older players!!! Due to committee influences over the last several years have seen a massive decline in numbers in junior levels and high turnover in players in senior levels!!! Have sympathy for the players AND volunteers who have stood by the club!!!

black cobra;409105 said:
A long year ahead for Paco not many senior players attended training. The coaching staff and committee needs to be reviewed as they need to accept some of the responsibility!!! Furthermore it was Ross Terra who had the backing of all the older players!!! Due to committee influences over the last several years have seen a massive decline in numbers in junior levels and high turnover in players in senior levels!!! Have sympathy for the players AND volunteers who have stood by the club!!!

Correct in every sense Cobra. Finger should be directly & abruptly pointed towards certain people who have pulled the club apart & making people leave.

Now who wants to play next week?

Surely there are a few saint supporters & blokes you no for years who are now suddenly pie supporters who would prefer watching the gf rematch.
Still think council might try & get A grade ready with only a couple of showers predicted this week.

Wont be flash but most would of played on worse over the years.

16cans;409154 said:
Now who wants to play next week?

Surely there are a few saint supporters & blokes you no for years who are now suddenly pie supporters who would prefer watching the gf rematch.
Still think council might try & get A grade ready with only a couple of showers predicted this week.

Wont be flash but most would of played on worse over the years.

Surely most comps will move games to Sundays that way clubs can run g/f functions and have extra revenue and round 1 can still be played

Gladyboy;409160 said:
Surely most comps will move games to Sundays that way clubs can run g/f functions and have extra revenue and round 1 can still be played

Why would/should most comps be moved to sunday? We sign up to play cricket first Saturday of October, lets play cricket. :D I for one wouldn't be happy to play on the sunday, like many others out there. Who cares about the GF replay? Not me for one. Bring on Round 1.

P.S. I don't think turf will get up this week anyway, but stranger things have happened, especially in the MMVCA.

Getonwithit;409164 said:
Why would/should most comps be moved to sunday? We sign up to play cricket first Saturday of October, lets play cricket. :D I for one wouldn't be happy to play on the sunday, like many others out there. Who cares about the GF replay? Not me for one. Bring on Round 1.

P.S. I don't think turf will get up this week anyway, but stranger things have happened, especially in the MMVCA.

They are moving the Turnbull stakes and an A-League game but park cricket cannnot be moved such is it importance....

I know our comp is looking to move it to Sunday, clubs will run g/f days and make a few grand over the bar everybody wins

Evidently messers 3d-503, black cobra and 16 cans you lot seem to be experts on the great pascoe vale you spend more time on here canning the club perhaps you should just find a hole in the ground somewhere and be miserable together preferable afghanistan and let pacoe work to build a cricket side with people who have the club at heart and not the $$$$s

Reports I have heard is Round 1 turf has already been called off by council due to wickets being under prepared due to the state of the griounds after footy. Round 2 may also be in doubt

Back