MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

From exec comm. experience 16 cans, thats not going to happen

I have always wanted to know bomber why you have a pic of yourself with a ball going through to the keeper down legside.

surely you would have a better action shot than that.....remember dont take this post too seriously

money dry up ?

interesting call !

what , getting paid $ 1000 - $ 1500 is what you guys refer to as coin ?

yehhhh there are guys in the other comp who dont pay ball money as well , thats getting paid isnt it !
or " free " beer on a thurs / sat night , on coin !

you guys comparing " dick " sizes is laughable . at the rate your clubs are falling , i wouldnt be concerning myself with other comp's / teams .

if teams like to waist money on " just " players thats their prerogative . 90 % of coin in all local comp's is the biggest waist of money going around . and wait for it , from clubs who have no money !

these days all you need to do is roll your arm over or be able to hold a bat , and negotiate with " dumb " people to get coin .

kudo's to the likes of glenroy , play and develop young players ... the end result is plain to see !

What do you mean, ät the rate your clubs are falling?

We have lost one club to the VTCA in the last 5 years, and one club folded about 6 yrs ago.

Do you also want to tell me that there isnt alot of coin getting thrown around in the NWCA? Fitzy, the two Pitts boys, Wallace, Shep, Markham and thats just at gladdy! And the three young guys who left pascoe vale and went to Roxy arent on decent coin?

In our comp mate, the coach gets paid and thats it. I have never been paid in 15 years ( and dont deserve to i might add ) and i have never asked to get paid, and i can vouch for the likes of the Tapners who havent been paid and more than deserve to.

Our comp isnt the strongest going around, but it feels good to play in a comp that isnt about money..

I have always wanted to know bomber why you have a pic of yourself with a ball going through to the keeper down legside.

surely you would have a better action shot than that.....remember dont take this post too seriously

Only picture ever taken of me LOLL, so thats its. Would have preferred it being a pull shot from a short ball from Smoke as I put it over the fence. Unfortunately the photographer missed that shot on several occassions. Lol

Well another washout. I have been told it's because of concerns about the outfields, yet matting grades are playing?? Starting to turn into a joke already this season.

So what happens now with rnd 3?? Does it get cancelled altogether or do we lose another 2 dayer and play 2 one dayers instead??

What do you mean, ät the rate your clubs are falling?

We have lost one club to the VTCA in the last 5 years, and one club folded about 6 yrs ago.

Do you also want to tell me that there isnt alot of coin getting thrown around in the NWCA? Fitzy, the two Pitts boys, Wallace, Shep, Markham and thats just at gladdy! And the three young guys who left pascoe vale and went to Roxy arent on decent coin?

In our comp mate, the coach gets paid and thats it. I have never been paid in 15 years ( and dont deserve to i might add ) and i have never asked to get paid, and i can vouch for the likes of the Tapners who havent been paid and more than deserve to.

Our comp isnt the strongest going around, but it feels good to play in a comp that isnt about money..

Are you serious do you really think we can afford to pay that many players, I think you will find that good players play in our comp for free also. Only 3 blokes that have come from MMVCA to GP have ever been paid anything at all.

Thats not to say that it wont happen in the future

So y
Are you serious do you really think we can afford to pay that many players, I think you will find that good players play in our comp for free also. Only 3 blokes that have come from MMVCA to GP have ever been paid anything at all.

ou think the three pascoe vale boys from our comp went to roxy for free??

Seriously mate blokes won't go for nothing.

Well another washout. I have been told it's because of concerns about the outfields, yet matting grades are playing?? Starting to turn into a joke already this season.

So what happens now with rnd 3?? Does it get cancelled altogether or do we lose another 2 dayer and play 2 one dayers instead??

Turf matches cancelled because of condition of outfield. Was that the reason given?
That cant be right, as u said matting sides played.

If correct that is embarrassing for the competition, not as much as not letting a Sunday comp play in perfect conditions for cricket.

Tipping there will be a make up game, ever played an A grade game where u never got a start in either week & never got 2 play an opposition side from the fixture?

The 3 Pascoe Vale lads gone 2 Roxy openly admitted going for money. Good luck 2 them. If clubs are stupid enough to pay park cricketers who wont spend it back through the club, hope the clubs can justify it to other players who spend the same amount of time if not more at the club & more so over the bar/canteen regardless of what grade they play in.
By the way how are they performing?

Turf matches cancelled because of condition of outfield. Was that the reason given?
That cant be right, as u said matting sides played.

If correct that is embarrassing for the competition, not as much as not letting a Sunday comp play in perfect conditions for cricket.

Tipping there will be a make up game, ever played an A grade game where u never got a start in either week & never got 2 play an opposition side from the fixture?

disgraceful decision

Not too many games played on the weekend including the mats and it looks like the same this weekend coming. Will put $ pressure on most clubs.

I think url find majority of A B & C non turf played & got a result. Those who didnt play possibly didnt want to hang around long enough to get on.
All 1 day grades dont play cox plate day. Bye in all grades.

Game played @ Hallam with a result. vtca. All reports pitch & outfield was good.

Have to agree clubs would be feeling the pinch not generating $$ with no games on.
Another washout looming Sat. Four games in & still no play. Still have to pay ground fees.
Wonder if council will give some back. ha ha

Usually 1 of the best times of year for clubs to generate revenue. Everybody up & about.

Hi all, new to the comp, can someone tell me who to watch out for in A turf this year?
Any new players worth looking out for?

Not too many games played on the weekend including the mats and it looks like the same this weekend coming. Will put $ pressure on most clubs.

what happens on the 1st week of play when a ball have been bowled? Does the following week become ordinary conditions or a one dayer! Which has happened to several teams on the weekend?:confused::confused::confused:

Back