MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

white panther;409201 said:
Evidently messers 3d-503, black cobra and 16 cans you lot seem to be experts on the great pascoe vale you spend more time on here canning the club perhaps you should just find a hole in the ground somewhere and be miserable together preferable afghanistan and let pacoe work to build a cricket side with people who have the club at heart and not the $$$$s

EVIDENTLY white fluff ur not a Paco person at all with club at heart.
Unlike yourself who only want a side built (only one - shows your worth)
I on the other hand want the Cricket Club re-built.
As for the $$$$ clown this is part of where all the trouble began.

Wonder if & quite sure u would be along with a couple of others who are willingly & cunningly standing in the way.

Cant speak for Black Cobra but quite sure we are on the same page as far as being concerned for the future of the Cricket Club, unlike yourself who's only concern seems to be one side.

When walking out the door, grab 3D503 whom I'm not a fan of, grab a couple of others (you no who they are) & keep walking.

Smoke My Bat;409220 said:
Reports I have heard is Round 1 turf has already been called off by council due to wickets being under prepared due to the state of the griounds after footy. Round 2 may also be in doubt

Not good, make up games on Sundays. What would happen to C turf as their games are scheduled for Sundays? Most would be on home decks scheduled for home games.

16cans;409233 said:

Wonder if & quite sure u would be along with a couple of others who are willingly & cunningly standing in the way.

Cant speak for Black Cobra but quite sure we are on the same page as far as being concerned for the future of the Cricket Club, unlike yourself who's only concern seems to be one side.

When walking out the door, grab 3D503 whom I'm not a fan of, grab a couple of others (you no who they are) & keep walking.

Dont worry 16 cans I am not a fan of yours either, I may not be playing A grade anymore and only playing in the lower grades but in the 20 odd years ive been at this club and the efforts ive put in im entitled to say a few things even if you dont agree with them. I have never bagged anyone from the club all i have done is mention on this forum what i have herd from diff people mind you they have not always been accurate as rumours are like that. From what i can see Dom is trying diff things and people who have left or dont like change are causing trouble i for one am finding it refreashing with his new ideas even at my age its put a spring in my step. 16 cans i make no appolagies for wrong rumours sometimes they are right somtimes their wrong.

3D-503;409251 said:
Dont worry 16 cans I am not a fan of yours either, I may not be playing A grade anymore and only playing in the lower grades but in the 20 odd years ive been at this club and the efforts ive put in im entitled to say a few things even if you dont agree with them. I have never bagged anyone from the club all i have done is mention on this forum what i have herd from diff people mind you they have not always been accurate as rumours are like that. From what i can see Dom is trying diff things and people who have left or dont like change are causing trouble i for one am finding it refreashing with his new ideas even at my age its put a spring in my step. 16 cans i make no appolagies for wrong rumours sometimes they are right somtimes their wrong.

Never will be worried 3D, never give you much of a thought.
It pains me to say this, but credit where credit due, if your willing to drop a grade or 2 & help develop the younger blokes, I will applaud you (that hurt)
but like a few of us we have doubts about your & others motives/intentions.
Prove us wrong & no more will be said. Hope it works.

Smoke My Bat;409220 said:
Reports I have heard is Round 1 turf has already been called off by council due to wickets being under prepared due to the state of the griounds after footy. Round 2 may also be in doubt

Maybe fair enough with wickets but how many grounds have been top dressed? Not many from what I have seen. You would think with the extra week delay the council would use this time to not just let the grass in the middle grow, but get the rest of the ground levelled out? Hope no one gets injured by a shocking bounce, council/or comp would want to make sure personal insurance is up to date!!

Howla;409436 said:
Maybe fair enough with wickets but how many grounds have been top dressed? Not many from what I have seen. You would think with the extra week delay the council would use this time to not just let the grass in the middle grow, but get the rest of the ground levelled out? Hope no one gets injured by a shocking bounce, council/or comp would want to make sure personal insurance is up to date!!

Councils the Council.

Own insurance for minimal cost would be advisable, not quite sure but assume with most competing team sports if not all, grounds would have 2 be signed off by both clubs prior 2 commencement of any play, avoiding a legality against council, comp or club.

Happens in other sports, cant see cricket being any different.

Hi my fellow White wearing pants men, its almost time to wash our Whites, oil our bats and rub a little zinc on the old nose and for me to put the old terry towelling hat on.
Cant wait to catch up for a beer with a few of me old sparring partners this summer. By the way how about last weeks Grand Final, bloody rippa if you ask me. Cant wait to see Lionel Ritchie sing Dancing on the Ceiling. Always loved that song when it used to come on at the Blue Light Disco in Glenroy Scout Hall. Mum always said i looked like him when i danced in the lounge room to his songs.
Anyway looks like a late start again, at least we get to see the footy.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;409459 said:
Hi my fellow White wearing pants men, its almost time to wash our Whites, oil our bats and rub a little zinc on the old nose and for me to put the old terry towelling hat on.
Cant wait to catch up for a beer with a few of me old sparring partners this summer. By the way how about last weeks Grand Final, bloody rippa if you ask me. Cant wait to see Lionel Ritchie sing Dancing on the Ceiling. Always loved that song when it used to come on at the Blue Light Disco in Glenroy Scout Hall. Mum always said i looked like him when i danced in the lounge room to his songs.
Anyway looks like a late start again, at least we get to see the footy.

Classic!!!!!!!

16cans;409233 said:

Please calm down the hostility guys, we don't need any more departures from the club especially at this time of the year.

Let's just focus on getting our sides (and I mean ALL of them, not just A grade) on the park and being somewhat competitve!

How's St Andrews youth policy coming along?

With the development of a few juniors over the past couple of years I am expecting to see some kids shine through this season, and for the Tapner's and Taylor's to pass the baton on so the club can be held in good stead in the future.

I remember seeing a young blonde kid have a trundel? Newts captain again?

I believe Glenroy have done real well blooding the kids, especially the young kid that bowls leggies (forgot his name). Kudos to Mr Parker for being brave enough.

Would love to see a few kids that can stamp their mark is the future of the competition come on in season 2010/11.

Lenko;409595 said:
How's St Andrews youth policy coming along?

With the development of a few juniors over the past couple of years I am expecting to see some kids shine through this season, and for the Tapner's and Taylor's to pass the baton on so the club can be held in good stead in the future.

I remember seeing a young blonde kid have a trundel? Newts captain again?

I believe Glenroy have done real well blooding the kids, especially the young kid that bowls leggies (forgot his name). Kudos to Mr Parker for being brave enough.

Would love to see a few kids that can stamp their mark is the future of the competition come on in season 2010/11.

Heard today, that one of St Andrews young guns has headed to Glenroy. If thats true. Odds on Glenroy.
Also looking forward to hosting a few A Turf games down at Hallam Reserve in the next month. Knew I would catch up with you guys for a beer.

white panther;409201 said:
Evidently messers 3d-503, black cobra and 16 cans you lot seem to be experts on the great pascoe vale you spend more time on here canning the club perhaps you should just find a hole in the ground somewhere and be miserable together preferable afghanistan and let pacoe work to build a cricket side with people who have the club at heart and not the $$$$s

:mad: I call it as I see it. The club at the moment is in total and utter shambles. I hear that the coach WILL NOT be captain which raises a few questions. As far as being an "expert" is concerned, it is an observation being involved with the club. I want to see the club have a bright future in cricket and be competitive. :mad:

I totally disagree with you black cobra. The club is not a shambles and in fact is alot better off then previous years. all the bad eggs have left the club and a new culture is being developed. The club is obviously re building and will take time. Pacco's one day team looks the goods again this year after winning flag last year.

Whykickamoocow;409688 said:
I totally disagree with you black cobra. The club is not a shambles and in fact is alot better off then previous years. all the bad eggs have left the club and a new culture is being developed. The club is obviously re building and will take time. Pacco's one day team looks the goods again this year after winning flag last year.

It has been rebuilding since the last turf premiership in 2004/05. Granted the one day side is looking good. With no safety net of a "C" grade turf side and from what I have heard with certain players in being "elevated" to "A" and "B" grade where these players are not ready for these grades yet. My main concern is that Pascoe Vale C.C. faces the real possibilty of double relegation. Hopefully this does not happen. It will be interesting to see what happens of the course of the season.

My Captain said:
RooBoy I can tell you that Chris Leopold has not been part of StAndrews for 2 going on 3 years.

i just assumed that b/coz he was still on the comp committee he was still at St Andrews.

he did a lot of work for you guys

16cans;409153 said:
Correct in every sense Cobra. Finger should be directly & abruptly pointed towards certain people who have pulled the club apart & making people leave.

who are these people 16cans, cos knowing Douggie Nic he wouldnt let that happen at Pacco.

black cobra;409730 said:
It has been rebuilding since the last turf premiership in 2004/05. Granted the one day side is looking good. With no safety net of a "C" grade turf side and from what I have heard with certain players in being "elevated" to "A" and "B" grade where these players are not ready for these grades yet. My main concern is that Pascoe Vale C.C. faces the real possibilty of double relegation. Hopefully this does not happen. It will be interesting to see what happens of the course of the season.

well if a double relegation does occur, its all part of the rebuild i think. i noticed that coburg are also a new side to the one day comp. Are they the sub districts side? Speakin with a few st andrews boys and pressure is on to retain flag......pacco big threat this year. Is that matthews guy playin this season. Is he still captain?

bomber27;409596 said:
Heard today, that one of St Andrews young guns has headed to Glenroy. If thats true. Odds on Glenroy.
Also looking forward to hosting a few A Turf games down at Hallam Reserve in the next month. Knew I would catch up with you guys for a beer.

If you call the bloke leaving young, then i don't know what old is lol good luck to him and i look forward to a good contest come round 5!!!!
Should be a very even comp this year with a few clubs boosting there stocks heard Glenroy have picked up a few indians never no what you can get from these guys..

everyone has put thier thoughts on witch clubs will do wat wat about witch players will be will be lighting it up and making the local rags.............. wat games should i be going to???

RETIREDHACK;409978 said:
everyone has put thier thoughts on witch clubs will do wat wat about witch players will be will be lighting it up and making the local rags.............. wat games should i be going to???

Most games are worth a look at as long as bar & canteen open.
Going by what happened last season, lock in 2 games for a look at.

Round 6 St.Andrews/Glenroy - If true one of boys jumped ship, should add that extra spice, not that these 2 clubs need it against each other.

Round 11 Heights/Marys - Should be some good old school harmless sledging.

Looks like a dump load of rain on way. Good for water supply but not for cricket.

Back