MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Wouldn't be too worried about what's happening at Pacco. Myself and a few others not happy with the degrading comments by several members. What I've seen so far, Glenroy premiers in all three Turf grades. Their only danger St Andrews in A Turf. St Francis, Moonee Valley or Sunshine YCW in B Turf. Same in C Turf. They're my early predictions.

:(Have not seen much of you or your brother recently at the club so you have very little knowledge of what is truly going on. :(
:) The upside is that it is good to see you have come back to the club.:)

Finals predictions already!
2 games played without any team showing anything special.
Low scores in most games.
30 points could get a finals birth this year.
It may come down to who can scrounge a 10 point result from the four 2 day games after Xmas.
Glenroy deserve to be favourites as reigning premiers, St Andrews still look like the challenger HOWEVER my sources tell me they are only getting older and might struggle come the hotter days late Jan - March. Certainly wont be able to bat 1st everyweek this could be an issue with players who are now struggling to bat and field. Need to bat first to rest players during fielding times. They have some younger players comming but still 2 or 3 years away from making up for the older guys as they drop away. St Francis bowled out for 59 would appear to be well below past years performances could be the start of a decline. Will their latest recruit make a difference?. East Coburg don't look too good at this stage bowled out for 98 and 7 players scored below 5 not much depth with the lower grades going back to the well of past old players doesn't help their outlook, West Coburg just got over the line against Paco may not be able to cope with the loss of bowling stocks to be a threat, St Marys could be the dark horse 2 games 2 decent scorers however beaten by the side that was bowled out for 58 one week later need to see more, Sunshine YCW have had the best draw so far BUT fell to Socials on the smaller ground their season will depend on how many games they play at home with their spinners being the difference. Can't see them beating sides on council prepared wickets. Sunshine Heights smashed by Glenroy then route St Francis need to see more here. The Socials nothing much has changed here always competative and if given a sniff seem to be able to scrounge a win, good fighting spirit but will only get them to 2 or 3 wins. Haig Fawkner the mail here is they are on their way up but could take another year to be a threat huge turnover in cattle this year and a lot of players 15, 16, 17 and 18 years of age playing in A and B Turf. Will improve as the year goes on but may leave their run too late to make finals. Pascoe Vale are having the year from hell off the field and from last rounds results the depth is a big issue also. All clubs go through it and its just their time to deal with it. Tough decisions need to be made and time will tell. Lets hope they get through it and come back over the next year or 2. Barkly Street scraped home against East and Paco nothing to write home about but a win is a win could be the start that gets them in to 4th spot. These wins against the bottom of the table are going to be worth gold come finals time.
All in all a weird start to weird season and a lot can change over the next 3 or 4 games (IF IT STOPS RAINING) Results may also change once clubs can select their teams on ability and not who is available Sundays. Need to get back to Saturday cricket.

Another washout, another make up game, heavy rain during week leading into next weekend, no chance of having decks prepared.
Two dayers after xmas might now become one day games if wet December comes as predicted.
Possibility of only one if any, two day games before finals.

:(Have not seen much of you or your brother recently at the club so you have very little knowledge of what is truly going on. :(
:) The upside is that it is good to see you have come back to the club.:)

Upside Cobra? If ur talking about Ross fair call would add something. If ur talking about Brett gives us a spell, name 1 upside about him & I'll give u 6 downsides.

A grade tips for the 4th December
Another damp week ahead!
Will need the sun to come out at the right times each day during the week to get on the grounds this weekend.
This week may see games played on soft decks by the teams that really want to play cricket and some matches where captains are happy with just 2 points may be called off before they start.
Sunshine YCW v St Mary's: Sunshine YCW will just get over the line with the home ground advantage.
Pascoe Vale v St Francis: St Francis after a grand total of 59 couldn't be any luckier to come up against Paco this week to get back on track. St Francis in a cantor.
The Socials v East Coburg: Socials play the small ground well and will be too strong for a stugling East Coburg attack who failed to take a wicket last round.
West Coburg v Haig Fawkner: West Coburg just got over the line against Paco then rolled for 58 by Glenroy. This could be the chance for a young Haig Fawkner to grasp their first win back in A grade in a close one.
Sunshine Heights v Barkly Street: Sunshine Heights are the Jeckyl and Hyde so far one week only 2 of their bats get over 2 runs the next week they bowl St Francis out for 59. And Barly Street have just scrapped home over what will probably be 2 of the bottom 3 this year. Not so big a home ground advantage to Heights in 1 day games so it's Barkly Street by 3 wickets or 25 runs.
St Andrews v Glenroy: The Grand Final preview that will see Glenroy all over St Andrews who must bat first to have any show with their ageing team.
Early end of season ladder:
Early wins will be more important than ever this season.
Glenroy
St Andrews
St Mary's
Barkly Street
St Francis
Sunsine Heights
Haig Fawkner
The Socials
Sunshine YCW
West Coburg
East Coburg
Pascoe Vale

Upside Cobra? If ur talking about Ross fair call would add something. If ur talking about Brett gives us a spell, name 1 upside about him & I'll give u 6 downsides.

mmm everyone knows the hagman and as for brett many upsides would have been better to let him captain b grade has much more to offer than wacka and co and is not the terras or pallinis but 1 of the crickets major sponsers whos brother has gone missing

mmm everyone knows the hagman and as for brett many upsides would have been better to let him captain b grade has much more to offer than wacka and co and is not the terras or pallinis but 1 of the crickets major sponsers whos brother has gone missing

Only need 1 upside Cybil, any1 of ur personalities can answer.
There is a reason how Wacka got his nickname. Be careful.

Anyway on2 the cricket or lack of. Weather people are a bit like ur running between wickets.
Wait, Yes, No, Sorry. Could be fine, shower or two, possibility of storms, either 1 will be right.
Still cant see council having time ( having time omg ) to prepare wickets. Tipping clubs with own curators have found the time & started preparations.

Only need 1 upside Cybil, any1 of ur personalities can answer.
There is a reason how Wacka got his nickname. Be careful.

Anyway on2 the cricket or lack of. Weather people are a bit like ur running between wickets.
Wait, Yes, No, Sorry. Could be fine, shower or two, possibility of storms, either 1 will be right.
Still cant see council having time ( having time omg ) to prepare wickets. Tipping clubs with own curators have found the time & started preparations.

I thought the reason wacka got his nickname was when wayne bowled them you wack em! i better be careful , i might upset 16cans !!!!:p

Obviously this year has been an extraordinary year, with the rain and the amount of cricket that has been played. With nearly all games being changed to one day games, i have a radical idea for this season only.

What would do you guys out there think about playing finals (Both Semi & Grand finals) in a best of 3 format, all one day games? I personally don't see a point of playing one day cricket all season, then playing a 2-3 day semi final, and a 4 day grand final.

Pros
Game plans for 2010/11 all revolve around one day games
Games converting to ordinary conditions in finals due to time being lost for bad weather, this would be reduced.

Cons
Not traditional form of cricket in our competition

Any further suggestions out there guys?

Obviously this year has been an extraordinary year, with the rain and the amount of cricket that has been played. With nearly all games being changed to one day games, i have a radical idea for this season only.

What would do you guys out there think about playing finals (Both Semi & Grand finals) in a best of 3 format, all one day games? I personally don't see a point of playing one day cricket all season, then playing a 2-3 day semi final, and a 4 day grand final.

Pros
Games converting to ordinary conditions in finals due to time being lost for bad weather, this would be reduced.

Cons

I tend to agree that its been a very unusual season with only 2 out of 9 days cricket played this season so far. Assuming that this game is called off also that will mean another split 2 day game after xmas meaning we may play only 1 or at best 2 2day cricket games before the finals are played. Seems pretty logical that if you are going to play all this 1 day cricket throughout the season that the same should apply in the finals. But i doubt the executive would do it

I thought the reason wacka got his nickname was when wayne bowled them you wack em! i better be careful , i might upset 16cans !!!!:p

Remember school days king g man.
Well done for proving us all correct about the doubts we had about you.
Bye Bye enjoy ur non existence.:D

Pros

Cons

Good talking point GCC thinking out of the square, cant c it happening best of 3 one day games for a GF though.
Would sides be allowed to change their teams from 1 day to the other? GF could be deciced within 2 full days.
Premiers would be worthy winners after playing 1 dayers all season & then having the ability & concentration to do it over 4 days.

Pros

Cons

Gee..your wisdom simply astounds me..with brains like yours its a wonder you are not running this comp. Maybe that is your next job in your cricket journey - you've done most other things

Considering you boys would be hanging for a game should be no excuses not to field a decent side nest Sunday against us. Not that it will matter much you will get smashed regardless :D

Back