MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

apologies 16 cans but i have heard that said about Easts before and i get a bit touchy about it, especially when so many other clubs recruit players witin the comp and i know how fair we have been too.

I find that pretty amusing rooboy....I seem to remember many years ago East Coburg taking half of West Coburg's A grade side in the middle of the season effectively decimating West Coburg. The following year we had no choice but to rebuild and went down to B grade. Long term it has definitely been best for our club though as we have rebuilt through our juniors and have become a strong club once again

apologies 16 cans but i have heard that said about Easts before and i get a bit touchy about it, especially when so many other clubs recruit players witin the comp and i know how fair we have been too.
Roo if you got your Pres to stop serving up those frozen no name hot dogs you might recruit a few more newbies..

I find that pretty amusing rooboy....I seem to remember many years ago East Coburg taking half of West Coburg's A grade side in the middle of the season effectively decimating West Coburg. The following year we had no choice but to rebuild and went down to B grade. Long term it has definitely been best for our club though as we have rebuilt through our juniors and have become a strong club once again

bit harsh i reckon!

Dont want 2 sound like I have a white collar around my neck but if u can give a thought & spare a few bob, please donate 2 the flood victms.

Makes us spewing about missing a game of cricket rather insignificant compared 2 what families have lost & what they are going thru. Cheers.

bit harsh i reckon!

Its what happened!!
Like I said it worked out for the best, it forced us to rebuild and we had a pretty strong team over a number of years.
East Coburg are going down the right path though playing kids and in time that will reap benefits for them as they rebuild also

Hey guys,

St Marys together with Aberfeldie Park cc will be having a T20 game tomorrow night at Walsh oval in Maribyrnong with all proceeds to go to the flood victims. Come down and grab a snag or 2 and a few beers and watch hopefully a great game cricket. Hope to see a few of you there.

Whats this I here about Sunday Games?
I can't Play on Sunday's I have to go to Church and spend time with the Family!

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Whats this I here about Sunday Games?
I can't Play on Sunday's I have to go to Church and spend time with the Family!

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Maybe you should play on sundays, you need all the practise you can get Dio cane! Your scores havnt been nowhere as good as last season !
rolleyes.png

The votes are in for the biggest loser in the competition. And the 3 votes goes to...Matthew Roberts of West Coburg. Congratulations Matthew. I'm sure there will be plenty more votes coming your way...

This round is now to be rescheduled to 7.00 am next Sunday. This is to ensure that it can't get to hot either. Lmfho.........should never reschedule games for Sundays. Do we not respect the Sabbath.....
Porco Dio
DIo Cane

This round is now to be rescheduled to 7.00 am next Sunday. This is to ensure that it can't get to hot either. Lmfho.........should never reschedule games for Sundays. Do we not respect the Sabbath.....
Porco Dio
DIo Cane

The stupid thing is it is only 34 degrees outside at 2pm!! We definately should be playing today.

So what happens now? Does today get reschudeled for next Sunday? I hope not.

Porco Dio
DIo Cane

Scrap the two dayers and make the finals one dayers, get rid of these Sunday games also. Like you Dio, I've got church too! :p

The votes are in for the biggest loser in the competition. And the 3 votes goes to...Matthew Roberts of West Coburg. Congratulations Matthew. I'm sure there will be plenty more votes coming your way...

What did poor old Robbo get up to to win this vote! ive played against plenty of "losers" in my time, not sure if Robbo is that bad.

Porco Dio
DIo Cane
:confused: :eek:Don't the Church have several Sunday Services anymore? Or is just the one Service now? Granted that there should be more respect the Sabbath. If Pascoe Vale (A or B Turf) were to play off in the Grand Final, would you step aside as it is played over two weekends? Not everybody has religious beliefs, so playing on a Sunday for some is of no consaquence in regards to religion. Maybe Cricket Australia should cancel the O.D.I. next Sunday in Perth as there may be players who have religious beliefs and want to go to Church and find it disrespectful towards the Sabbath to play on this particular day. If playing Cricket on a Sunday is of such a concern because of religious correctness, maybe other things should be stopped before a Cricket game on a Sunday, for example Sunday Trading. :cool::D

Back