MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Here is the tip.......no play tomorrow.
I hope the association uses some common sense and call it off Friday night so we can make plans for Saturday and not waste the day.
Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Hate to say it but you will be one of several players assisting with the removal of the covers so the council can prepare the pitch as they could not do it during the week as the truck driver was sick!!! lmfho However you have to turn up at 7:00am at Raeburn to assist the council in accordance with the message left on the wet weather report. Enjoy the early start Dio Cane.

Dio, Is there any truth to the rumors going around that you have told the cricket club that you will not be coaching next year?
Having not played a game this year i was looking forward to coming back next year under your leadership. I also herd that a merger betweem socials and pacoe has been called off due to the club deciding to put $20,000 into next year for a playing coach and players is there any truth to this or have i been fed another story by some of the lads down at pacoe. Looking forward to catching up with u in the next couple of weeks. Oh hird that afew lads not to happy with the captain.

Any thoughts on the way this season should progress guys? With the heat off (what a joke) last week and the rain affected game on Saturday, surely it's time for the executive to consider all options for the finals series. Another one dayer this week, then 2 two day games (the last one being changed from a one dayer), and then the finals.

My thoughts, i think consideration should be given to change the next two day game to two one day games (ie Round 11 to be split, play this as a one day game on day one (19 Feb), and day two (26 Feb) to be a one day game against the teams that we were heated off against last Sunday, a replay of round 6) and revert the final game to a one dayer (as it was originally). Therefore all games are one dayers, everyone has played each other once and there is no advantage for teams potentially winning outright etc in the two day games, ie. if they play a weaker side. Then change the finals series to a best of 3 (Both SF and GF). I've mentioned this in the past and i raise it again because i think it has some merit. Anyway, they are just my thoughts.

I would like to hear if anyone else has any other ideas?

So no interest in returning to this competition i take it 'bell'. One thing our comp does need is good blokes (forget their cricket ability for one minute) playing, and i for one enjoyed playing against you and having a chat after the game.

as the say Schnauzer - never say never but at the moment the club is good and so is the comp. My little one is growing older as as he starts to play junior cricket (not just Milo like he is at the moment) then I will need to re-look at my options as the club I play at does not have juniors. So a MMVCA return might well be on the cards! I suppose the fact that I still check this site almost every day is a good indication that the blokes in the comp are pretty good too. Always fun playing and having a beer after. We are park cricketers after all. Would just like to get on the park more bloody often!

Any thoughts on the way this season should progress guys? With the heat off (what a joke) last week and the rain affected game on Saturday, surely it's time for the executive to consider all options for the finals series. Another one dayer this week, then 2 two day games (the last one being changed from a one dayer), and then the finals.

My thoughts, i think consideration should be given to change the next two day game to two one day games (ie Round 11 to be split, play this as a one day game on day one (19 Feb), and day two (26 Feb) to be a one day game against the teams that we were heated off against last Sunday, a replay of round 6) and revert the final game to a one dayer (as it was originally). Therefore all games are one dayers, everyone has played each other once and there is no advantage for teams potentially winning outright etc in the two day games, ie. if they play a weaker side. Then change the finals series to a best of 3 (Both SF and GF). I've mentioned this in the past and i raise it again because i think it has some merit. Anyway, they are just my thoughts.

I like it Head. I dont see the point in playing 2 dayers for the remainder. Weather plays a part in cricket whether we like it or not so we maybe look to be a little more flexible and make a common sense decision to allow more games and all teams to play each other. Finals on the other hand I am not so sure about. I still like the idea of having your depth tested over 4 days but if you are leading in with one dayers then its not exactly the best preparation.....tough call. Does anyone think playing one dayers leading into a 4 day final would make any difference or are we talking ourselves up a little bit too much? lol

Not a bad suggestion however can't see it happening. Only problem with this is there would be no lead in to the Grand Final. You would effectively be starting the Grand Final series the very day after the Semi Finals have been decided.

Not a bad suggestion however can't see it happening. Only problem with this is there would be no lead in to the Grand Final. You would effectively be starting the Grand Final series the very day after the Semi Finals have been decided.

No you wouldnt as the best of 3 semis would be played over the Labour day long weekend.

I like it Head. I dont see the point in playing 2 dayers for the remainder. Weather plays a part in cricket whether we like it or not so we maybe look to be a little more flexible and make a common sense decision to allow more games and all teams to play each other. Finals on the other hand I am not so sure about. I still like the idea of having your depth tested over 4 days but if you are leading in with one dayers then its not exactly the best preparation.....tough call. Does anyone think playing one dayers leading into a 4 day final would make any difference or are we talking ourselves up a little bit too much? lol

At the moment mate, i don't reckon there is any side capable of batting for a whole day, never mind 2 days (possibly over a grand final). Lots of teams are being bowled out within 40 overs of a one dayer at this stage.

Anyway mate, just an idea.

How are you going? Making any runs?

the one day comp has its qualifactions changed for this year. orginally you had to play 6 games to qualify, now because of the washouts they have had. u need only 5

At the moment mate, i don't reckon there is any side capable of batting for a whole day, never mind 2 days (possibly over a grand final). Lots of teams are being bowled out within 40 overs of a one dayer at this stage.

Anyway mate, just an idea.

How are you going? Making any runs?

Not many runs as yet mate. Getting starts and finding ways to get out. Training my arse off so hopefully a decent score is around the corner. Saying that the season is almost over and it does not feel like I have had sort of opportunity to get some consistency into my game.....actually I lie - I suppose I have been consistently failing......lol

Your kidding right?? So if the Saturday and Sunday of semi week is washed out then Monday is ordinary conditions??

Doesn't seem fair after the season is all one dayers.

Good call mate, my earlier finals format seems to make even more sense know, if the earlier post by Scorers One Short is correct (ie all games have now been changed to one dayers)

Wonders will never cease

Good call mate, my earlier finals format seems to make even more sense know, if the earlier post by Scorers One Short is correct (ie all games have now been changed to one dayers)

Wonders will never cease

It appears GCC fixture is updated. The shift from playing Sunday games to me seems strange, but at least if we get no more wash outs every one plays each other b4 finals. Could be a finals series for the spinners in the comp - not sure the medium to pace bowlers would have the bowling in their legs to see out 80 overs. Then again not sure the bats can see out 80 overs either!

Back