MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

totally agree that the remaining games should be changed to one dayers allowing everyone to play each other once. not sure about the best of three in the GF but its worth a thought. im sure the rain or heat will play a part in finals anyway!!

Not looking good boys! I don't think we will get off.
Can't see the point of putting covers on wet decks!
Back at Reaburn at 7.00 tomorrow watching the grass grow .
mad.png

I hope a message is left before 9.00am tomorrow.

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Not looking good boys! I don't think we will get off.
Can't see the point of putting covers on wet decks!
Back at Reaburn at 7.00 tomorrow watching the grass grow .:mad:
I hope a message is left before 9.00am tomorrow.

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Dio cane! The better teams will come & deliver...this will be the trend regardless of weather for the rest of the year!!
You may prefer to stay in bed until nonna makes breakfast but the rest of us will stick to egg & bacon on toast & suggest you change your morning diet to a cup of HTFU!!

Dio cane! The better teams will come & deliver...this will be the trend regardless of weather for the rest of the year!!
You may prefer to stay in bed until nonna makes breakfast but the rest of us will stick to egg & bacon on toast & suggest you change your morning diet to a cup of HTFU!!

Butterfingers, can I say I am wrapped and surprised we got off yesterday............got lucky with the coin toss. This win is great for the club, and BTW Nonna dosen't make me breakfast in the morning anymore even though she lives 800 metres away from my house. She's 85 years old.....a bit rich to ask here to still make me breakfast. How did you know she was still making me breakfast up until a few years back? LOL

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

word passing around is some clubs are enforcing a youth policy.

one of the teams is tthe 'dads army' (standrews) could be shaking up there line up
they have exciting juniors up and coming
both batters and bowlers
they have a solid batter already in their a grade side who is under 16 and isnt scared of a thing!
watch this space! :cool:

Did anybody else notice that even though instructed that Glenroy didnt bother to put the covers on at Sewell on friday night.
And still they managed to get the game shifted to Barkly Street's ground woulda thought that would mean instant loss & fine but as usual rules for most dont apply to others

Dio, Is there any truth to the rumors going around that you have told the cricket club that you will not be coaching next year?
Having not played a game this year i was looking forward to coming back next year under your leadership. I also herd that a merger betweem socials and pacoe has been called off due to the club deciding to put $20,000 into next year for a playing coach and players is there any truth to this or have i been fed another story by some of the lads down at pacoe. Looking forward to catching up with u in the next couple of weeks. Oh hird that afew lads not to happy with the captain.

Hi 3D,
Firstly I don't like rumour's so yes I have advised the club that I am not re-applying for the position next year. There are many person reasons for this decision however I learnt a valuable lesson years ago from the “Phantom” in not to make excuses. I want to give the club the every opportunity to get the best person going forward. The more time to select the right person the better for the club going forward.
Secondly, regarding the captain......there is always something that players aren't happy about and I am certainly not going to comment on them on this site.
Now it's my time to have a pot shot at this years personal who have posted on this site.
Comments and those of many on this site relating to merger talks and the state of the club are unsubstantiated and are part of the reason why the club is underachieving. People get on here and make unsubstantiated comments because they hear a rumour from a friend, of a friend, of a friend who was have a beer with a mate. If you look at the teams at the top of the table you don't get their clubs politics and crap aired here. The people that have posted negative stuff need to have a good think about the impact these comments have had on the people busting there gut around the place and the club that are simply trying to make a difference. Not taking pot shots at the club from an alias name. The people that have posted are or were members of the club, you are just as much responsible for the clubs state as the next bloke. This year has been very tough and I take my hat off to guys like Terra who had to put up with all the crap year on year. I have a new found respect for the guy for making such hard decisions in previous years. If we are to get better we need to stop posting these types of derogative comments. The site is suppose to be a bit of banter and fun.
Not a personal dig at you 3D.....but enough is enough.......get behind the club. Don't can it. If you don't like what's going on get down to the club and speak to the people that are making decisions.
On my final note for this year, I put up a challenge to all the guys that have posted comments on PVSC this year in to refrain from any negative comments towards the club and speak to people.........I wonder. Can you do it? Do you have the balls to?

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Hi 3D,
Firstly I don't like rumour's so yes I have advised the club that I am not re-applying for the position next year. There are many person reasons for this decision however I learnt a valuable lesson years ago from the “Phantom” in not to make excuses. I want to give the club the every opportunity to get the best person going forward. The more time to select the right person the better for the club going forward.
Secondly, regarding the captain......there is always something that players aren't happy about and I am certainly not going to comment on them on this site.
Now it's my time to have a pot shot at this years personal who have posted on this site.
Comments and those of many on this site relating to merger talks and the state of the club are unsubstantiated and are part of the reason why the club is underachieving. People get on here and make unsubstantiated comments because they hear a rumour from a friend, of a friend, of a friend who was have a beer with a mate. If you look at the teams at the top of the table you don't get their clubs politics and crap aired here. The people that have posted negative stuff need to have a good think about the impact these comments have had on the people busting there gut around the place and the club that are simply trying to make a difference. Not taking pot shots at the club from an alias name. The people that have posted are or were members of the club, you are just as much responsible for the clubs state as the next bloke. This year has been very tough and I take my hat off to guys like Terra who had to put up with all the crap year on year. I have a new found respect for the guy for making such hard decisions in previous years. If we are to get better we need to stop posting these types of derogative comments. The site is suppose to be a bit of banter and fun.
Not a personal dig at you 3D.....but enough is enough.......get behind the club. Don't can it. If you don't like what's going on get down to the club and speak to the people that are making decisions.
On my final note for this year, I put up a challenge to all the guys that have posted comments on PVSC this year in to refrain from any negative comments towards the club and speak to people.........I wonder. Can you do it? Do you have the balls to?

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

Coaching, Training, Palying A grade but not willing to Captain the Club. Who has the BALLS?????

Coaching, Training, Palying A grade but not willing to Captain the Club. Who has the BALLS?????

His not wrong about our own guys getting on the site and bagging .......I too can be blamed but now its time to move on Dom has been great for the club . So my point Dont blame Dom had to manage what he had( )and the boys have had a win so Cobra ha ha to you double relagation :pMy tips Glenroy Agrade St Francis b St Andrews c. St Francis to win their third in a row in the 20/20

Give the man a break! As Black Panther said he couldn't handle doing the captaincy as well as coach and do everything else in his life, but obviously you're not capable of understanding why......and this arguement is 6 minths old as well, kinda sad really...

Give the man a break! As Black Panther said he couldn't handle doing the captaincy as well as coach and do everything else in his life, but obviously you're not capable of understanding why......and this arguement is 6 minths old as well, kinda sad really...

Relax Stooge, he had a dig & I gave one back. No more would of been said. Until Now. Didnt read where he couldn't handle the captaincy. Would think coaching takes more time out of ur life than the captaincy but obviously ur not capable of understanding why. His love & passion for the club would never be in question. You get a bit testy when it comes to Dom. Guess ur love & passion would never be in question as well. Anyway thats that.

Tips if no rain. omo
Wests - Glenroy - Socials - Barkly - Marys - St. Andrews
Top Four
Glenroy - St.Francis - Marys - Wests
Flag
Glenroy A & B grade

Tips for this week
West Coburg v East Coburg (to keep their finals chances alive)
Glenroy v St Francis (Will show why they are on top in the match of the round)
Socials v Haig (To finish the year with 3 straight wins)
Barkly steet v Sunshine YCW (To stay in the 4 and keep their finals chances alive)
St Marys v Sunshine Heights (To stay 3rd only by percentage from 2nd and 6th)
St Andrews v Pascoe Vale (to make light work of a struggling Pascoe vale outfit that will get better over the next couple of years)

Some interesting point to go on.
1, If the teams sitting in the four keep winning we will not know the final four to late saturday night with Barkly street hosting (4th) St Marys (3rd) and St Andrews (5th) hosting West Coburg (6th) in the last round will be looking forward to the outcome of these games
2, How important is finishing in the top 2 with rain we have had this year. Lets hope the weather doesn't affect the finals like it has over the last couple of years

Some interesting results on the weekend First Slipper. As a result, if gives even more imporance to the games you mentioned in the last round.

Could be regrettable losses from Mary's & Barkly, opened the door for West's & St.Andrews with Heights a sniff if games go their way.

Tips omo
Mary's, possibly could drop one more & still make it. Has good percentage.
St.Francis, canter in next 2 games.
Socials, easily over struggling East's.
West's easily, has poor percentage & needs it boosted.
Heights, keep hope alive.
Glenroy, no love lost & will prove 2 good.

Butterfingers, can I say I am wrapped and surprised we got off yesterday............got lucky with the coin toss. This win is great for the club, and BTW Nonna dosen't make me breakfast in the morning anymore even though she lives 800 metres away from my house. She's 85 years old.....a bit rich to ask here to still make me breakfast. How did you know she was still making me breakfast up until a few years back? LOL

Porco Dio!
Dio Cane!

I remember you from St Josephs Nth Mlb champ... you & Brendan Slattery opening the bat for us..Hope Pacoe kick on in the years to come!!!

Interesting final rnd coming up boys. With St Andys and West Coburg both losing and St Marys winning, it comes down to west v st andys for the last spot on the 4. Anyone want to make a prediction??

Back