MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

bigpumpa you are aware that MyCricket is not the team sheet and that the official sheet lodged with the governing body will decide this issue and it helps if you know the facts rather than speculate.

Haha why thank you for clarifying that an internet results website is not an official Team Sheet. You're blessed with wisdom beyond your years...

I was simply stating the information (in no way, shape or form were they ever claimed or considered to be fact) as it was passed onto me, as is the purpose of internet rumour mills such as this.

Also, thank you for basically repeating what I said in my last post in a different way as I did say the Team Sheet would be the deciding factor, however, I did not ever mention MyCricket so perhaps read posts more carefully before trying to pick holes in what they're are saying.

Good day.

Sorry for the blank post. People who do not know what they are doing should not try to post from a mobile phone.

100% correct pumpa. Team sheets are all that matters and if the player in question was a sub then he wouldn't have been on a team sheet and there would be no issue.

With regard to the other matter that all an sundry wish to tip toe around, my understanding is that an independent investigation occurred last week and until that is finalised then nothing further needs to be said.

And FOS, remember this weekend just to keep things calm. A man of your advanced years should look after himself!

Good luck to all who play across all grades. Wish I was out there with you.

Good call Bobby,love my cricket and the Banter.

The years are catching up and by the end of the day,feel like I have played a game. hahaha

Never personal (almost) and have made some sensational friends over the years and always look forward to keeping them on their toes and having a chat later.

Still only park cricket and we need characters to make the game what it is.

Good luck to all teams in the finals and if your not playing ,there are some good games over the weekend.

F.O.S

Ok someone correct me if i'm wrong if a team has done the wrong thing by playing an un registered player or with the way this season was accidentaly had a player play 2 games in the same round isn't there only like 7 days after the infringment to lodge a complaint? Also how low would a player/team have to be to be that they have fine combed the season to find something like that at the end of the season.. This club in question who ever it may be is a disgrace..

Ok someone correct me if i'm wrong if a team has done the wrong thing by playing an un registered player or with the way this season was accidentaly had a player play 2 games in the same round isn't there only like 7 days after the infringment to lodge a complaint? Also how low would a player/team have to be to be that they have fine combed the season to find something like that at the end of the season.. This club in question who ever it may be is a disgrace..

Fantastic question!

FYI for this specific issue - The info that I heard is it was stumbled upon by an executive (not player/team) in roughly round 6 and only been brought to the light of day now, which for mine there should be an equally hard wrist slapping for that as well.

Fantastic question!

FYI for this specific issue - The info that I heard is it was stumbled upon by an executive (not player/team) in roughly round 6 and only been brought to the light of day now, which for mine there should be an equally hard wrist slapping for that as well.

Are you talking an executive of the club or comp?

Competition Executive - not affiliated with either club involved. This is purely from the information that I have received but from a very reliable source but am still not claiming for it to be fact!

That is false mate. It was a club that put in a Protest on Friday in case they won and ended up on the same points as st Marys.

That is false mate. It was a club that put in a Protest on Friday in case they won and ended up on the same points as st Marys.

Well if you are aware of the entire situation how about you enlighten the folk of the entire situation?

I am merely putting forward what I have heard for all to see and hear - never claimed my word as gospel!

If this is the case mmvca they should be named and ashamed talk about unsportsman like, why wait till finals to bring it to everyone's attention they couldn't get there on there own skill they are trying to pick up on little things other clubs have made a mistake on seriously thats as low as the piece of paper that sticks to the dog shit that's at the bottom of your shoe...

Looking at the ladder Barkley Street have lots to gain by doing this.. I am NOT saying it's them but i cant see why any other club would consider going to this depth of investigation for no benefit of there's or unless they have something against St Mary's

Maybe check your source next
Haha why thank you for clarifying that an internet results website is not an official Team Sheet. You're blessed with wisdom beyond your years...

I was simply stating the information (in no way, shape or form were they ever claimed or considered to be fact) as it was passed onto me, as is the purpose of internet rumour mills such as this.

Also, thank you for basically repeating what I said in my last post in a different way as I did say the Team Sheet would be the deciding factor, however, I did not ever mention MyCricket so perhaps read posts more carefully before trying to pick holes in what they're are saying.

Good day.

Maybe check your source next time. Protest a non event.

Fellas, fellas, fellas!

I think you will find the whisper is regarding St Marys may be holding an illegitimate place in the finals that could soon be passed onto Barkly St UCCC after some shifty work in early rounds with a "unregistered/registered at another club and played corresponding round" player.

Theres your bombshell.

illegitimate,shifty work and unregistered,well it seems this to be incorrect.

Good luck to Tuffers and the boys on the weekend and always get the facts before making big statements.

Barkly Street are no way involved in any of this and time to get into the finals.

Maybe its time for certain blokes to get some balls and put their names to some of these posts.

F.O.S from St Andrews (for those who dont know)

illegitimate,shifty work and unregistered,well it seems this to be incorrect.

Good luck to Tuffers and the boys on the weekend and always get the facts before making big statements.

Barkly Street are no way involved in any of this and time to get into the finals.

Maybe its time for certain blokes to get some balls and put their names to some of these posts.

F.O.S from St Andrews (for those who dont know)

Unlucky for the Barkly St boys who would have benefitted from any decision handed down... All appears to be unfounded.

Can reiterate that BSUCCC were not involved in the allegation making process.

Checking the reliability of my source - when the President of an Association is no longer a reliable source I will eat my hat (hat half eaten and hanging out of my mouth)

Scott Steiner the Big Pumpa Pump from Glenroy (FYI)

Unlucky for the Barkly St boys who would have benefitted from any decision handed down... All appears to be unfounded.

Checking the reliability of my source - when the President of an Association is no longer a reliable source I will eat my hat (hat half eaten and hanging out of my mouth)

Touche

Well done

F.O.S

If this is the case mmvca they should be named and ashamed talk about unsportsman like, why wait till finals to bring it to everyone's attention they couldn't get there on there own skill they are trying to pick up on little things other clubs have made a mistake on seriously thats as low as the piece of paper that sticks to the dog shit that's at the bottom of your shoe...

Looking at the ladder Barkley Street have lots to gain by doing this.. I am NOT saying it's them but i cant see why any other club would consider going to this depth of investigation for no benefit of there's or unless they have something against St Mary's

I will categorically say that it was not us that put in a protest. We accepted our fate after losing to Heights the week before and were pleased to finish the year off on a good note by beating St Marys convincingly.

We are a proud club with an outstanding tradition of playing fair and by the book. We prefer to steer clear from controversies and those who have played against us should know that we are a better club than to go to such lows just to play finals. Incidents such as this does not do anyone favours, and unfounded speculation does not help either.

Good luck to all teams involved in finals.

Jason - Barkly Street

Fair enough Scott I can see why you made the comments and too be honest I would have said the same thing.

That poses another question though???????? Why is the President of the Comp discussing this issue with someone from his club when they are not directly involved in the protest (I'm quite aware the outcome affects your club). Especially before the outcome has been advised to at least one of the clubs (St Mary's).

Daniel Bugeja Ex-MMVCA Administrator and St Mary's B Turf Captain.

Fair enough Scott I can see why you made the comments and too be honest I would have said the same thing.

That poses another question though???????? Why is the President of the Comp discussing this issue with someone from his club when they are not directly involved in the protest (I'm quite aware the outcome affects your club). Especially before the outcome has been advised to at least one of the clubs (St Mary's).

Daniel Bugeja Ex-MMVCA Administrator and St Mary's B Turf Captain.

That is a question for the man at the top. To his defence, it wasn't discussed directly with me, simply being in the same area/circle of the conversation.

Well it looks like that was all a storm in a teacup!!

Congratulations to all finalists. Unlike some other people Im a firm believer that if you win enough games and finish top 4 you are worthy finalists....What do you think Komodo?? You were happy to pot west coburg last week, do you think St Marys's deserve to be there this week?!

I think it should be a couple of cracking games this weekend.

Glenroy vs St Marys- Unlike many others on here I think glenroy can be beaten. If you look through their stats so much reliance is on Parker and Pipe at the top of the order. If the captain misses out I honestly believe their middle and lower order will be under immense pressure. If this pair gates away to a 60-70+ opening stand it is game over in my opinion

Glenroys real strength is in their bowling stocks. They are relentless, probe off stump ball after ball and wait for the batsmen to lose their heads. As a group their bowling is as strong as I can remember in many years of playing MMVCA.

St Marys strength in this game has to be the fact that they have so many experienced players 30+. If they can be totally focused and more importantly incredibly disciplined outside off stump to bat out their full 75 overs, easier said than done, then they put themselves right in the game.

I think Glenroy will prevail, but, if St Marys and their experienced players really come to play it might be a great semi.

In the other semi you have the young up and coming St Francis versus the old champs St Andrews.

St Francis have Babo and Smith in their top order and a bit like Glenroy they hold a lot of the keys to how St Francis will bat.
That being said Mick Costello is a very improved player, Ben Harding has the technique to make a lot of runs and you know Matty Costello will fight and scratch in the middle order.
I just think St Andrews bowling wont threaten St Francis young players unless Newton really comes to play and rips through their top and middle order. Wernham is experienced but proably doesnt have the zip of a few years ago and as always I still respect Tapners bowling, but he appeared to seriously injure his groin against West last week and ill be shocked if he even plays in the game.

In terms of fielding St Francis is easily the best side in the comp and this is where they will have a huge advantage over St Andrews. Their bowling will need Matty Costello but Calieri reminds me of a young Wernham, nippy and gets plenty of sideway movement and Harding and Smith just bowl areas and wait for you to lose patience and make a mistake.....not a bad system in this comp!!

St Andrews only hope in my opinion is if the old champ, Nevile Taylor tons up. He made 46 last week and batted pretty well against West but was dropped off a sitter on 9 and again on about 25 or if Tapner somehow does make it out onto the field. He batted superbly against us last week and if he doesnt get up I just cant see them winning.

I know this is a long post but again good luck to all the finalists involved this week. Playing finals and aspiring to win premierships is why we should all play and after a much improved season by West this year we will be aiming to give ourselves a shot next year by making the finals

Back