MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

kingy;334887 said:
Thats very harsh, as I can tell you for a fact John Grant trains harder then any one @ St.Mary's.
131 that was the problem.

I don't doubt that at all, he would be at trainig every night and train hard. People saying not enough runs and the batsmen not doing there job is bullsh**. yes 131 is not a great score but if he held the catch and was paying attention to the game they would of won with 4 runs to spare and then the 131 runs was enough....

My tip St Andrew's in 3 days Glenroy too young too inexperienced and will be too much for them and Nev MVP for the finals....

cdca;334648 said:
Here we go the StAndrews cricket forum i hope you blokes arent going to fill each others pockets all week! D,Jolley lucky not to be rubbed out!! GO ROYS!!

he should of been rubbed out. A disgraeful effort for a captain and senior player!

RooBoy;334908 said:
he should of been rubbed out. A disgraeful effort for a captain and senior player!

Rooboy, not knowing the full story but just going on what i was told it seems he was very lucky. When being told the story you can only go on the information given at the time but if it's true what I was told was said then it is a joke. Chippy is a good umpire and a good bloke and no umpire should have to put up with personal attacks. Sometimes a serve gets their minds back on the game but it's done in a way so as to not be personal, there's a fine line that should never be crossed.

Guru14;334906 said:
Kingy. Aaron Edrich lazy 6 fa and a grand final place- I would think they should go up now. What happened with Johnny grant on the weekend, it appears some blokes are after some blood!

Guru, I happened to run into one of the umpires on Sunday night and he told me Edrich bowled brilliantly, and hit two batsman in the helmet as well.
As as told you, he is a class act.

Bite me;334907 said:
I don't doubt that at all, he would be at trainig every night and train hard. People saying not enough runs and the batsmen not doing there job is bullsh**. yes 131 is not a great score but if he held the catch and was paying attention to the game they would of won with 4 runs to spare and then the 131 runs was enough....

My tip St Andrew's in 3 days Glenroy too young too inexperienced and will be too much for them and Nev MVP for the finals....

How do you no he was not paying attention, where you watching him? or are you getting your info from someone?
If that catch is taken St.Mary's do win but if we bat well and make another 80 I am sure we win also.
Don't start on one guy as there are 11 players in the TEAM and if 1 player at St.Mary's was happy with there performance on the weekend they need to have good look in the mirror.

kingy;334947 said:
Guru, I happened to run into one of the umpires on Sunday night and he told me Edrich bowled brilliantly, and hit two batsman in the helmet as well.
As as told you, he is a class act.

Unsual for him to be short! That would have sent some messages through the rest of the line up. He will take 50-60 in North A without a doubt

kingy;334887 said:
Thats very harsh, as I can tell you for a fact John Grant trains harder then any one @ St.Mary's.131 that was the problem.

well maybe he needs to do more fielding/catching practice!!!!

Guru14;334918 said:
Rooboy, not knowing the full story but just going on what i was told it seems he was very lucky. When being told the story you can only go on the information given at the time but if it's true what I was told was said then it is a joke. Chippy is a good umpire and a good bloke and no umpire should have to put up with personal attacks. Sometimes a serve gets their minds back on the game but it's done in a way so as to not be personal, there's a fine line that should never be crossed.

The only joke is people making comments they know nothing about or all the facts.
Chippy is one of the best umpires going around and Dave Jolley is in the same boat as one,if not the best captain going around.
I am glad we are in Australia as maybe we would have a firing squad or hang him from the rafters.(his record speaks for itself)
People ,maybe without the talent or have nothing better to do than pot people can say all they like as St Andrews are going for three in a row.
Also,how exciting for Glenroy who have shown everyone in the second half of the year ,that they are a real threat for the flag.
To West Coburg,what a great final with ups and downs for both sides all day Sunday and they deserve praise for the way they played the game on both days.
To St Marys,i like you blokes(personally)off the field and your last two years have been so close to the mark and says anyone in the top four can win the flag with the luck going their way.

Hope to see you all over the next couple of weekends and the results will take care of themselves !!!!!

F.O.S

F.O.S;334961 said:
The only joke is people making comments they know nothing about or all the facts.Chippy is one of the best umpires going around and Dave Jolley is in the same boat as one,if not the best captain going around.
I am glad we are in Australia as maybe we would have a firing squad or hang him from the rafters.(his record speaks for itself)
People ,maybe without the talent or have nothing better to do than pot people can say all they like as St Andrews are going for three in a row.
Also,how exciting for Glenroy who have shown everyone in the second half of the year ,that they are a real threat for the flag.
To West Coburg,what a great final with ups and downs for both sides all day Sunday and they deserve praise for the way they played the game on both days.
To St Marys,i like you blokes(personally)off the field and your last two years have been so close to the mark and says anyone in the top four can win the flag with the luck going their way.

Hope to see you all over the next couple of weekends and the results will take care of themselves !!!!!

F.O.S

Well enlighten us then FOS

RooBoy;334908 said:

You have absolutely no idea what your talkig about.

Unless you know the full story its quite easy to sit in judgement.

Anyway, he is in the gf now, thats all that matters.

Also, St Marys stiff in the end, if only they made more runs then according to J Grant they would have won.

Glenroy on a roll and will be hard to toss

Can't bowl can't bat;334969 said:
Well enlighten us then FOS

It will all come out in the book ,i am writing ,titled the life of F.O.S.

In all seriousness,many stories have gone around and in the end commonsense prevailed by all parties and best left alone and focus on the next two weekends.

So, lets get some views on the coming game and what we believe to be the key players to ensure winning a flag.

St Andrews.

Bowling has stood up all year and time for somebody to make a statement with the bat in the Grand Final.(not including Gav and Nev)

Glenroy.

The two "P"s have been good all year and need support and the bowling has been good.

So ,come on lets talk up what should be a great Grand Final.

Good luck (sorry you make your own luck)

F.O.S

F.O.S;334993 said:
It will all come out in the book ,i am writing ,titled the life of F.O.S.

In all seriousness,many stories have gone around and in the end commonsense prevailed by all parties and best left alone and focus on the next two weekends.

So, lets get some views on the coming game and what we believe to be the key players to ensure winning a flag.

St Andrews.

Bowling has stood up all year and time for somebody to make a statement with the bat in the Grand Final.(not including Gav and Nev)

Glenroy.

The two "P"s have been good all year and need support and the bowling has been good.

So ,come on lets talk up what should be a great Grand Final.

Good luck (sorry you make your own luck)

F.O.S

FOS, I still think David and Jolley are the keys to a big score both have been off and on this year- Chris was good early but has struggled a little and Dave has been down on his usual output. Newton goes without saying but over 4 days he needs plenty of support. Taylor and Tapner have been strong all year and hold the key to the final.

Glenroy, well they are on a roll. Parker and Pipe hold the key early in the innings and their middle order has been solid all year. Bowling wise- Ward is a class act and he's got some friends this year so it will be close from the first ball to the last. Glenroy impressed me the most when we played and they have gone from strength to strength so i think they should salute but it will be a tough game no doubt.

Back Again,
Just Like to say bad luck to St Marys and Very good Luck to St Andrews,
Once again if it wasnt for a cpl of individuals then it would be over and OUT!

Lets comment on the St Andrews list shall we, in order to see where they can overcome the Roy Boys keeping in mind that this is nothing personal but just a reflection of my views from what ive seen and read:

Chris: Nothing much to worry about, Another low score calling

Neville: The Duracell Rabbit, Just keeps going on and on. Will cause heaps of trouble if allowed to get his eye in

Dave: The elevator, Up & Down, Up & Down, Which way will he go this wkend?

Gavin: Proves me wrong every time, The opposition are hoping the Plague gets a hold of him to stop his assault on the ball. I have it on gd authority that this is it, win or lose, his gone

Scott: Lets hope his still around come Saturday.

Ryan: Makes the most of opportunities, needs to have a good innings though to get his confidence back

Jim: Needs to hit the bloody ball!!!

Matt: The Aspirin, Gives the opposition a headache when his batting

Mick: Can hang around to niggle the opposition and can get to them in the field

Paul: Gun, Gun, Gun, Wait for the offers to come at the end of the season

Darryl: Limited opportunities but deserves his spot.

There players in the lower grades must not be performing cos i suspect that if they were then a cpl of spots up in the 1's would be replaced.

Gd luck to all.

RooBoy;334960 said:
well maybe he needs to do more fielding/catching practice!!!!

Make sure you know whats your talking about before saying crap like that.

Yeah Jonny Grant dropped a catch, so what. There wouldnt be one guy on here that hasnt dropped a catch.

Was it a crucial catch? Yes it was. But so was his wicket to get rid of Stevens to give us some hope we can defend a crap total.

I would back Jonny to catch that 99 out 100, unfortunately the one time just happened to be then. Lets move on from this and talk about this weeks game.

For what its worth, i think the whole 4 days will be washed out!:p

Scooby Doo;335020 said:
Back Again,

Lets comment on the St Andrews list shall we, in order to see where they can overcome the Roy Boys keeping in mind that this is nothing personal but just a reflection of my views from what ive seen and read:

Neville: The Duracell Rabbit, Just keeps going on and on. Will cause heaps of trouble if allowed to get his eye in

Gavin: Proves me wrong every time, The opposition are hoping the Plague gets a hold of him to stop his assault on the ball. I have it on gd authority that this is it, win or lose, his gone

Ryan: Makes the most of opportunities, needs to have a good innings though to get his confidence back

There players in the lower grades must not be performing cos i suspect that if they were then a cpl of spots up in the 1's would be replaced.

Gd luck to all.
Scooby scooby scooby, i gather your a St.Andrews man and your entitled to your opinion, and if thats how you see it then good for you. But when the time comes on the weekend, there are no other blokes i would rather be playing with than them 10. As for you having on good authority that i wont be there next year win or lose, do i actually get a say in it.

Terrific contest between West & St Andrews. It's always great playing against a side who has been so successful yet remain humble in defeat and in victory. Good luck in the big one and fingers crossed Scotty can get through. Never seen a bowler bowl 37 overs on the trot and never lose his line and length.

A note to the comp....please sort out the pitch issues with the council. How can you have a "semi final" wicket not get cut or rolled on day one and then be prepared as well as i've ever seen a pitch get prepared on day 2. It is a disgrace...surely it is not that difficult. The clubs pay a substantial amount of money to the council each year and the least we ask for is for someone to spend 2hrs a week cutting and rolling a pitch for a finals game. Is it that difficult for someone in the comp to manage this process with the council?.

Cpt Caveman;335242 said:
Terrific contest between West & St Andrews. It's always great playing against a side who has been so successful yet remain humble in defeat and in victory. Good luck in the big one and fingers crossed Scotty can get through. Never seen a bowler bowl 37 overs on the trot and never lose his line and length.

A note to the comp....please sort out the pitch issues with the council. How can you have a "semi final" wicket not get cut or rolled on day one and then be prepared as well as i've ever seen a pitch get prepared on day 2. It is a disgrace...surely it is not that difficult. The clubs pay a substantial amount of money to the council each year and the least we ask for is for someone to spend 2hrs a week cutting and rolling a pitch for a finals game. Is it that difficult for someone in the comp to manage this process with the council?.

Made the same comment a few days back. A disgrace that the best 4 teams did not have the conditions they deserved.

Interesting to note that no one who has been on here from the teams that played (especially those that lost) blamed the conditions. A mark of a quality team. Well done guys and hope you have equally successful season next year.

Scooby Doo;335020 said:
Back Again,

Gd luck to all.

Are you a st andrews man?

kingy;334955 said:
How do you no he was not paying attention, where you watching him? or are you getting your info from someone?
If that catch is taken St.Mary's do win but if we bat well and make another 80 I am sure we win also.
Don't start on one guy as there are 11 players in the TEAM and if 1 player at St.Mary's was happy with there performance on the weekend they need to have good look in the mirror.

I was actually 30 meters away on the boundary and he was coping stick from a glenroy supporter about not knowing the rules on a no ball and that's why i noticed he was talking and not paying attention to the game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back