MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Please use this for all your general MMVCA chat, banter and so on.

Remember you now have your own area on BigCricket, so if you want to discuss something in particular why not start a separate thread for it? Generally, it'll mean that the matter will get some decent replies and not get buried under posts to the next big issue.

If you're unsure as to how to start a new thread then check this out - How to guide.

Also, whilst I'm posting this, please take a few moments to refresh yourself with the forum guidelines.

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Well to pick up from the last thread (the MMVCA thread is dead, long live the MMVCA thread!) and Bite Me's question about the one dayers now making the games more interesting...

I suppose a list of winners for the week should be thrown up!

bomber27;323294 said:
Obviously the Administrator has nothing better to do then to stuff up our threads.:(

Obviously not. The thread is still there, it hasn't gone anywhere. The same thing happens for all other mega threads on the site once they reach a certain size.

You now have your very own area on the site, so use it. Instead of confining everything to one thread, utilise the space given.

putabellintheball;323272 said:
Well to pick up from the last thread (the MMVCA thread is dead, long live the MMVCA thread!) and Bite Me's question about the one dayers now making the games more interesting...

I suppose a list of winners for the week should be thrown up!
My picks for this week

St Andrews too good for Pascoe Vale
Glenroy batting too strong for West Coburg
Sunshine H hit or miss but will win East Coburg
St Francis just over Haig
Merlo will beat Socials
St Marys will beat Barkley St

On another point it is interesting to see 4 turf sides still in the 20/20 comp.
We know some of the A matting teams think they can challenge turf sides but
I think this shows they are not up to the same standard to us.
Which comes to the merge do we need it.

My Captain said:
Bomber27
Is this an omen we loose our site, is our comp next.

Your comp is pretty safe. All we done is closed the old thread and started a fresh one. Also, the MMVCA has been upgraded and given it's own area, instead of being mixed in with the general club chat area.

putabellintheball;323358 said:
Happy to start a new thread but would like to start a poll Mas - how do you do that?

See pm, any problems then ask.

mas cambios;323640 said:
Your comp is pretty safe. All we done is closed the old thread and started a fresh one. Also, the MMVCA has been upgraded and given it's own area, instead of being mixed in with the general club chat area.

See pm, any problems then ask.

Mas Cambios

It looks like the MMVCA forum is failing to attract any posts since you changed the format (7 posts in 6 days).

And how would you no if the MMVCA comp is safe from a merger when your sitting at home watching your side get bowled out for 51.

change the forum back to the way it was.

The new site is no good, too hard to get into so mas put it back to how it was.

I don't know how many people will see this but next Tuesday the 20/20 grand final between St Andrews and St Francis will be played as a bushfire appeal. Both clubs are going to donate the winnings, as well there will be a sausage sizzle, bar will be open and a signed bat raffle with all the proceeds going to the bushfire appeal.
So please come along and watch the game and support the appeal.
If any other club would like to help or has something to contribute please contact St Andrews President Denis Ryan on 0419889950

Great work.. Well Done to St Francis and St Andrews.
Captain where is it being played?
Lets encourage all players in the comp to attend as it should be a good game and for a great cause.

Kuna;324305 said:
Great work.. Well Done to St Francis and St Andrews.
Captain where is it being played?
Lets encourage all players in the comp to attend as it should be a good game and for a great cause.

Kuna, game is being played at Rayner Reserve in Oak Park. Its St Frannies matting ground.

Why do we have to complicate things....the site was easy to get into and very popular, now it's become annoying. Can we please get the our old site back....at least until this season is done with.

Hey mate, we would love to assist Socials celebrate the VERY important milestone at their club. It is not that we dont want to. Simply can not do so because we have guys that work on Saturday mornings and as such would not be able to make it to the game on time.

Some struggle as it is with a 1pm start....

This applies across all our grades unfortunately.

It was discussed at a committee level, club level and individual playing group level to make this happen. We just could not make it happen.

It is a shame to be honest because we see these things as important to all at the club.

I hope that explains it.

Also - if you want to PM me the details again, I will throw it on our website to help generate a little more interest if it is OK with the rest of our club.

Happy to help Socials celebrate their milestone.

putabellintheball;324713 said:
Also - if you want to PM me the details again, I will throw it on our website to help generate a little more interest if it is OK with the rest of our club.

Happy to help Socials celebrate their milestone.

What is the milestone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back