MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

bomber27;343028 said:
If clubs keep voting the way they have been, than it will be NO

Less and less likely as the days pass. It seems that clubs that may have voted in favour last time around will be voting against this time.

hagman;342637 said:
What do you mean 4e????

Well Hags, if u want to kiss yourself in the mirrow & talk urself up where u have been, U better have some facts 2 back it up. having said that. he can play, not like his overated & mud chucking mate 3d503. Another notch in the belt 4 another club EH?

4e614;343124 said:
Well Hags, if u want to kiss yourself in the mirrow & talk urself up where u have been, U better have some facts 2 back it up. having said that. he can play, not like his overated & mud chucking mate 3d503. Another notch in the belt 4 another club EH?

mmm i would love to no who you and 3d are????Go Blues!

Not Just Empty Words;343025 said:
Yes or No answers please from people whom have some idea on the topic....

Will the merger vote get passed thru ?? Bearing in mind that the vote needs 75% of clubs in favour.

Thank you.

should be a very simple NO from all!! why bother change something that is already good and improving on its own..true??

ok....all jokes aside and whatever i think everyone has had there fun and to the bloke that got on here and bagged newts why dnt you just tell everyone who you are st andrews are a great bunch of people and what i said was all shit just sterring the pot and it worked but to my knowledge paul newton, gavin, jolly are all good blokes its all jokes and bull sh*t on here but some people do get to serious so grow up and get a life....and some people may no who i am but i dnt care

Hi boys, apparently 2 teams from the MMVCA is looking at joing the VTCA next season. Firstly any truth to the rumour and secondly who are they? Surely if that was the case there would be some holes left in the A grade fixture.

Guru14;343496 said:
Hi boys, apparently 2 teams from the MMVCA is looking at joing the VTCA next season. Firstly any truth to the rumour and secondly who are they? Surely if that was the case there would be some holes left in the A grade fixture.

without knowing how true but later in the season Haig had been rumoured too
looking at the VTCA too attract more players but it was heavily denied on this

Guru14;343496 said:

I would be absolutely staggered if any teams from this comp left to go to the VTCA. I can't see any benefits in it at all.
But if it was too happen, we have two clubs who have their first eleven in B Turf who could come up.

bomber27;343569 said:
I would be absolutely staggered if any teams from this comp left to go to the VTCA. I can't see any benefits in it at all.
But if it was too happen, we have two clubs who have their first eleven in B Turf who could come up.

very short term view if you dont think there are benefits in joining vtca. Biggest turf comp in the state, 4 grades for clubs located in the north so you are never far away from finding your right level and competing in finals. If your good you progress through the grades, if your struggling, you drop back and play against clubs of similar abilities. My club left an association of similar size and set up to yours 5 years ago, best thing we ever did. Easier to recruit players, sponsorship doubled, started an extra senior team., more assistance from council because of standard we are now playing.

bomber27;343569 said:

if 1 or 2 teams were to leave bomber which club in the b turf would come up to a turf 1st

ascot vale or sunshine ycw

what is the process

As both played in the finals

big hitter 13;343617 said:
if 1 or 2 teams were to leave bomber which club in the b turf would come up to a turf 1st

what is the process

it would have to be Ascot Vale they have been in the turf comp for years and supported MMVCA since the merge. They would get my nod

jika jika;343611 said:
very short term view if you dont think there are benefits in joining vtca. Biggest turf comp in the state, 4 grades for clubs located in the north so you are never far away from finding your right level and competing in finals. If your good you progress through the grades, if your struggling, you drop back and play against clubs of similar abilities. My club left an association of similar size and set up to yours 5 years ago, best thing we ever did. Easier to recruit players, sponsorship doubled, started an extra senior team., more assistance from council because of standard we are now playing.

Still haven't convinced me. In the end both comps are just park cricket level. Yet to ever hear of a player who has knocked back one club to play for another purely because they play in the VTCA.
Any well run club or a club who is pro-active will attract players and sponsorship.

big hitter 13;343617 said:

what is the process

As Ive said I don't think this will be an issue.

bomber27;343754 said:
Still haven't convinced me. In the end both comps are just park cricket level. Yet to ever hear of a player who has knocked back one club to play for another purely because they play in the VTCA.
Any well run club or a club who is pro-active will attract players and sponsorship.

Like your loyalty Bomber, however to try and compare a Comp that has 21 different divisions on turf catering for all levels of cricket, with promotion and relegation, with the MMVCC is stretching it a little.
Clubs in the VTCA can choose the level they play at. In the MMVCC it's basically the same big fish going round and around in the same small fish bowl every year devouring the same fodder each year, who have nowhere to go.
Park Cricket, maybe, but with no disrespect let's not compare Yarraville V Airport West at Teac Oval with Glenroy V St.Andrews at Hosken Reserve

Ifya Adballs;343766 said:
Like your loyalty Bomber, however to try and compare a Comp that has 21 different divisions on turf catering for all levels of cricket, with promotion and relegation, with the MMVCC is stretching it a little.
Clubs in the VTCA can choose the level they play at. In the MMVCC it's basically the same big fish going round and around in the same small fish bowl every year devouring the same fodder each year, who have nowhere to go.
Park Cricket, maybe, but with no disrespect let's not compare Yarraville V Airport West at Teac Oval with Glenroy V St.Andrews at Hosken Reserve

Take your point about relegation/promotion and realise that the Senior Division is of a higher standard, but the point I'm trying to make is that in the end we are just playing with mates at the clubs we love being at, no matter which comp that is.
I would continue to play at my club, like most players would, whether its in the MMVCA, VTCA or NWCA. I just don't understand why you would leave a comp for another unless maybe you are having major problems within that comp.

Cheers

bomber27;343773 said:
Take your point about relegation/promotion and realise that the Senior Division is of a higher standard, but the point I'm trying to make is that in the end we are just playing with mates at the clubs we love being at, no matter which comp that is.
I would continue to play at my club, like most players would, whether its in the MMVCA, VTCA or NWCA. I just don't understand why you would leave a comp for another unless maybe you are having major problems within that comp.

Cheers

Fair Call - Quess it's a matter of the Club and it's members being happy with their current environment and level of Cricket that they play, and where they see themselves being in 5 years time. As a Life Member of my Club I believe loyalty is important, however our aim is to play at the highest level possible, and if that means changing Comps to achieve our long tearm goal, then so be it.

Ifya Adballs;343784 said:
Fair Call - Quess it's a matter of the Club and it's members being happy with their current environment and level of Cricket that they play, and where they see themselves being in 5 years time. As a Life Member of my Club I believe loyalty is important, however our aim is to play at the highest level possible, and if that means changing Comps to achieve our long tearm goal, then so be it.

GET OFF THIS POST!!!!!! you sound far to intelligent to be on here.

Seriously though you raise some very valid points.

Ifya Adballs;343784 said:

Level of cricket is one thing but so are the grounds we play on. If the councils dont take action to invest time into the playing areas (especially the wickets) then you will see clubs also make the move based on those reasons.

I mean - look at the wickets they dished up for the GFs - absolutely brilliant.

Obviously it can be done - they just need to put a little more time into the preparation.

putabellintheball;343910 said:
Level of cricket is one thing but so are the grounds we play on. If the councils dont take action to invest time into the playing areas (especially the wickets) then you will see clubs also make the move based on those reasons.

I mean - look at the wickets they dished up for the GFs - absolutely brilliant.

Obviously it can be done - they just need to put a little more time into the preparation.

Council only had to prepare 3 wickets for the grand final.
During the year council have to prepare 12 or so wickets over a 2 - 3 days.

Old School;343914 said:
Council only had to prepare 3 wickets for the grand final.
During the year council have to prepare 12 or so wickets over a 2 - 3 days.

Fair enough and I understand they would have put maybe double the time into the wickets for the GFs but maybe spending 30 mins more on the heavy roller every week on every deck would not be unreasonable?

Well maybe it is considering we played on decks that were not even prepared this year.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back