mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:
haha don't need to champ, hope you dont spend your life playing in this comp!

ok iam going to name a few players in the league and i would like some honest opinions about them and their games if thats alright.

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy
Appleyard- Great allrounder
Newton- One of the best bowlers in the comp atm, Hat trick was very entertaining
Glesiner- good bowler, be better wit experience
harding- i agree, very under rated and will come out with a massive score soon
Summerfield- Very Persistant but needs help from other end
Pipes- havent seen much of them

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:

ok iam going to name a few players in the league and i would like some honest opinions about them and their games if thats alright.

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy
Appleyard- Great allrounder
Newton- One of the best bowlers in the comp atm, Hat trick was very entertaining
Glesiner- good bowler, be better wit experience
harding- i agree, very under rated and will come out with a massive score soon
Summerfield- Very Persistant but needs help from other end
Pipes- havent seen much of them

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

i can only really comment on gleisner who i have played all my cricket with, who is stepping up this year as our strike bowler and newton is a gun. The pipes well if they let their cricket do the talking i'm sure they could be much better than what they are, have far too much to say.

cya champ;290380 said:
bomber27;290371 said:

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

i can only really comment on gleisner who i have played all my cricket with, who is stepping up this year as our strike bowler and newton is a gun. The pipes well if they let their cricket do the talking i'm sure they could be much better than what they are, have far too much to say.

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

Glesiner is young and has a long long way to go. i dont rate him yet.

appleyard is a great competitor and a very good bowler

newton is a good bowler and is going to be very good however i feel at this stage that he is over rated and his hat trick on the weekend as good as it may have been will only make him more over rated. great bloke though and great future ahead.

harding looks to have a good technique which is lovely to see. hasnt made enough runs though and seems to be intimidated at times. has potential though.

Summerfield needs to control his anger issues lol and learn to get along with his team mates.

the pipes are easily led away from the job at hand which is playing cricket. if they would learn to concerntrate they might be handy cricketers.

lets not let st.francis off the hook after their terrible performance on saturday. yes a young side but that is no reason not to look at individuals not performing.

comments on the st francis batsmen?????????

Rizzo
Babo
Gaurav?
Harding
Mi Costelo
Phil Eilers
mat costelo

most of these blokes except babo and phil should be under pressure. mat isnt goin anywhere also

T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

Glesiner is young and has a long long way to go. i dont rate him yet.

appleyard is a great competitor and a very good bowler

newton is a good bowler and is going to be very good however i feel at this stage that he is over rated and his hat trick on the weekend as good as it may have been will only make him more over rated. great bloke though and great future ahead.

harding looks to have a good technique which is lovely to see. hasnt made enough runs though and seems to be intimidated at times. has potential though.

Summerfield needs to control his anger issues lol and learn to get along with his team mates.

the pipes are easily led away from the job at hand which is playing cricket. if they would learn to concerntrate they might be handy cricketers.

lets not let st.francis off the hook after their terrible performance on saturday. yes a young side but that is no reason not to look at individuals not performing.

Rizzo
Babo
Gaurav?
Harding
Mi Costelo
Phil Eilers
mat costelo

most of these blokes except babo and phil should be under pressure. mat isnt goin anywhere also

DonPavillion;290398 said:
cya champ;290380 said:

You can never have to much to say, there are plenty of players who enjoy a chat.
Trust me, there is plenty of chat at ALL levels of cricket. There are certain players that just love getting involved in it.
And DonPavillion maybe further down the track you may be one of them.

Kingy

P.S. MMVCA

Where is FFNB

cya champ;290380 said:

You can never have to much to say, there are plenty of players who enjoy a chat.
Trust me, there is plenty of chat at ALL levels of cricket. There are certain players that just love getting involved in it.

Kingy

P.S. MMVCA

Where is FFNB

wal05;290419 said:
T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

apparently babo was given out unluckily on sat and sun....but in some good form atm....
ben harding- talented bowler who can bat well at times...needs to control his large amount of swing at times lol
Newton- fine bowler and a real asset for st. andrews flag ambitions.

any word on how the new coach at west coburg is going?
word was that the previous coach was a little too "strict"?

wal05;290419 said:
T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

apparently babo was given out unluckily on sat and sun....but in some good form atm....
ben harding- talented bowler who can bat well at times...needs to control his large amount of swing at times lol
Newton- fine bowler and a real asset for st. andrews flag ambitions.

any word on how the new coach at west coburg is going?
word was that the previous coach was a little too "strict"?

wal05;290419 said:
Rizzo
Babo
Gaurav?
Harding
Mi Costelo
Phil Eilers
mat costelo

Rizzo- hasnt done enough this year, although is a bit of a sleeping giant. does bat for long periods of times in 2 dayers and can hold the team together. one to watch just needs a score

Babo- kids a genuine gun, holding st francis together, saw what can happen on the weekend if he fails..stfrancis fail. is a rock and is a must to get out early. might aswell give him the ball aswell. left arm seamers

gaurav- dont know much about him but needs to do more to hold spot in 1s

harding- played at district level more than capable of ripping teams apart if he gets going. not a bad bowler either line and length bowler

Mi costello- needs to step up. i reckon he might be better at the top but how many openers can you have? i feel the spray guru14 gave him will kick him into gear as he is a very capablee batsman. needs to show the form that got him 59no on the junction..

Eilers- dont really need to say much. guy has the stats when gets goin is almost unstoppable. hopefully going out on the hattrick ball doesnt scar him, which im sure it wont

ma costello- good young leader, great bowler, moves the ball, swings the ball. they need 50 wickets and 300 runs from him which he is capable of. a few more 5fas around the corner i feel

played juniors against newts in under 17s when he played for coburg. he didnt have the best day that day, i reckon he might know who i am ;)

wal05;290419 said:
Rizzo
Babo
Gaurav?
Harding
Mi Costelo
Phil Eilers
mat costelo

Rizzo- hasnt done enough this year, although is a bit of a sleeping giant. does bat for long periods of times in 2 dayers and can hold the team together. one to watch just needs a score

Babo- kids a genuine gun, holding st francis together, saw what can happen on the weekend if he fails..stfrancis fail. is a rock and is a must to get out early. might aswell give him the ball aswell. left arm seamers

gaurav- dont know much about him but needs to do more to hold spot in 1s

harding- played at district level more than capable of ripping teams apart if he gets going. not a bad bowler either line and length bowler

Mi costello- needs to step up. i reckon he might be better at the top but how many openers can you have? i feel the spray guru14 gave him will kick him into gear as he is a very capablee batsman. needs to show the form that got him 59no on the junction..

Eilers- dont really need to say much. guy has the stats when gets goin is almost unstoppable. hopefully going out on the hattrick ball doesnt scar him, which im sure it wont

ma costello- good young leader, great bowler, moves the ball, swings the ball. they need 50 wickets and 300 runs from him which he is capable of. a few more 5fas around the corner i feel

played juniors against newts in under 17s when he played for coburg. he didnt have the best day that day, i reckon he might know who i am ;)

wal05;290419 said:
T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

Rizzo
Babo
Gaurav?
Harding
Mi Costelo
Phil Eilers
mat costelo

Gleisner - A wicket taker but suffers from lack of support from other end. I think if merlo get someone to tie down the other end he could be more dangerous

Appleyard - Gun bowler, havent seen him make runs with the bat but did make 80 odd earlier on. The only downfall could be that he tries to bowl too many guys rather than concentrating on a length, which in turn can seek assistance from these pitches.

Newton - Brilliant to have in your team not only for wickets but for team morale. Really like his angry attitude as he adopts an us v them when bowling. Only 20, will dominate this comp in years to come.

Harding - Was the St Francis linchpin last season and looks like he has a very good technique. Has struggled a bit by looks of things this season but I feel a score is not far away.

Summerfield - Love his workhorse approach but I think it can be selfish at times, especially if wickets are not taken. A very good bowler but i believe will be more effective if he had spells.

Pipes - I saw Chris bat once and seemed to be swinging across the line a lot. I think it was a one dayer though. He has proved that he is a good bat with a couple of tons in the last few years. Sean seems handy with the ball but have not seen enough to comment.

St Francis Batsmen

Rizzo - Seems to be getting starts this season which has been real important by the looks of things in partnerships with Babo. Maybe his concentration should be more focused on the red pill rather than the opposing slips cordon. Loves the banter.

Babo - Had a lean patch last season but has responded in fine style this season. Brought back to earth by St Andrews which I thought was his test but im sure we will see more runs from him this year and in coming years. The St Francis barometer.

Gaurav - Thought he was new to the club but was told he played 2s last season for St Francis and made a fair few runs, including tonning up in the final. Have not seen him to judge him yet.

Harding - See above

Mi Costello - Batting lower than last year (opening) where he made a couple scores. Hasnt done anything this year according to statistics.

P Eilers - Has been the prized wicket by opposition teams over the years along with Steward. Didnt start the season off in the ones after being so prominent with the bat in previous seasons (as well as captain). Questioning his commitment at his age.

Ma. Costello - Been around for a while and only low 20s. Can hold a bat but will probably find himself batting with the lower order most of the time. Has the ability to bat higher I think, the question is where? We may see a self promotion by the St Francis skipper. Always provides a solid contribution.

wal05;290419 said:
T.Glesiner - merlo
C.Appleyard - West
P.Newton - St.And
B.Harding - Saints
J.Summerfield - Barkly
Pipes - G-roy

Rizzo
Babo
Gaurav?
Harding
Mi Costelo
Phil Eilers
mat costelo

Gleisner - A wicket taker but suffers from lack of support from other end. I think if merlo get someone to tie down the other end he could be more dangerous

Appleyard - Gun bowler, havent seen him make runs with the bat but did make 80 odd earlier on. The only downfall could be that he tries to bowl too many guys rather than concentrating on a length, which in turn can seek assistance from these pitches.

Newton - Brilliant to have in your team not only for wickets but for team morale. Really like his angry attitude as he adopts an us v them when bowling. Only 20, will dominate this comp in years to come.

Harding - Was the St Francis linchpin last season and looks like he has a very good technique. Has struggled a bit by looks of things this season but I feel a score is not far away.

Summerfield - Love his workhorse approach but I think it can be selfish at times, especially if wickets are not taken. A very good bowler but i believe will be more effective if he had spells.

Pipes - I saw Chris bat once and seemed to be swinging across the line a lot. I think it was a one dayer though. He has proved that he is a good bat with a couple of tons in the last few years. Sean seems handy with the ball but have not seen enough to comment.

St Francis Batsmen

Rizzo - Seems to be getting starts this season which has been real important by the looks of things in partnerships with Babo. Maybe his concentration should be more focused on the red pill rather than the opposing slips cordon. Loves the banter.

Babo - Had a lean patch last season but has responded in fine style this season. Brought back to earth by St Andrews which I thought was his test but im sure we will see more runs from him this year and in coming years. The St Francis barometer.

Gaurav - Thought he was new to the club but was told he played 2s last season for St Francis and made a fair few runs, including tonning up in the final. Have not seen him to judge him yet.

Harding - See above

Mi Costello - Batting lower than last year (opening) where he made a couple scores. Hasnt done anything this year according to statistics.

P Eilers - Has been the prized wicket by opposition teams over the years along with Steward. Didnt start the season off in the ones after being so prominent with the bat in previous seasons (as well as captain). Questioning his commitment at his age.

Ma. Costello - Been around for a while and only low 20s. Can hold a bat but will probably find himself batting with the lower order most of the time. Has the ability to bat higher I think, the question is where? We may see a self promotion by the St Francis skipper. Always provides a solid contribution.

To all you cricket know it all who hang shit on pacoe and call us rabble, well look out the sleeping panthers are awakaning. We are right behind our skipper who's a ripper bloke and ready to go on a scoring spree as are our other batters and our bowlers are now starting to fire. You right us off to soon we have started slow but you clowns are about to get a tast of hard agressive cricket which we started this week. We make no more apologies and no more excusses we are coming after you all.. WE ARE PASCOE VALE AND PROUD.

To all you cricket know it all who hang shit on pacoe and call us rabble, well look out the sleeping panthers are awakaning. We are right behind our skipper who's a ripper bloke and ready to go on a scoring spree as are our other batters and our bowlers are now starting to fire. You right us off to soon we have started slow but you clowns are about to get a tast of hard agressive cricket which we started this week. We make no more apologies and no more excusses we are coming after you all.. WE ARE PASCOE VALE AND PROUD.

ohok, there are some very insightful comments here.
given all this, lets have some fun then. what would be your mmvca XI up until this point of the year??

given all this, lets have some fun then. what would be your mmvca XI up until this point of the year??

3D-503;290442 said:

hahahah yea ok

Pacoe will always be the number one joke of the mmvca closely followed by haig. thing is haig dont think they are good. pacoe do. lol

3D-503;290442 said:

hahahah yea ok

Pacoe will always be the number one joke of the mmvca closely followed by haig. thing is haig dont think they are good. pacoe do. lol

3D-503;290442 said:

Your skipper hasnt made a run in 4 years.

You beat East Coburg without their 2 gun bats.

You have no batsmen.

Your bowling attack is half decent but if nothing goes their way they crumble.

In-house fighting will never make a good team.

3D-503;290442 said:

Your skipper hasnt made a run in 4 years.

You beat East Coburg without their 2 gun bats.

You have no batsmen.

Your bowling attack is half decent but if nothing goes their way they crumble.

In-house fighting will never make a good team.

cya champ;290445 said:

Babo
Punky
Parker
Nev taylor
C. pipe
Pas
Appleyard
Coray
Costello
K. Robinson
Newton

cya champ;290445 said:

Babo
Punky
Parker
Nev taylor
C. pipe
Pas
Appleyard
Coray
Costello
K. Robinson
Newton

wal05;290459 said:
Babo
Punky
Parker
Nev taylor
C. pipe
Pas
Appleyard
Coray
Costello
K. Robinson
Newton

ok the Pas part was a joke lol. as if.

in his place probably i would have perera

wal05;290459 said:
Babo
Punky
Parker
Nev taylor
C. pipe
Pas
Appleyard
Coray
Costello
K. Robinson
Newton

wal05;290461 said:

ahahah good one.
is he honestly that overrated?
he was a gun in juniors, then again that is just juniors..

wal05;290461 said:

ahahah good one.
is he honestly that overrated?
he was a gun in juniors, then again that is just juniors..

kingy;290421 said:

Kingy

P.S. MMVCA

Where is FFNB

Even know Haig were 1 guy absent, we managed to win by a wicket...
We were in control all game, never thought we would get done!!!
Kingy still waiting to catch up for that beer...

Thought i saw mmvca on Jackass the other night - Is he Weeman??

kingy;290421 said:

Kingy

P.S. MMVCA

Where is FFNB

Even know Haig were 1 guy absent, we managed to win by a wicket...
We were in control all game, never thought we would get done!!!
Kingy still waiting to catch up for that beer...

Thought i saw mmvca on Jackass the other night - Is he Weeman??

3D-503;290442 said:

LOL. Hard not to laugh.

My Team so far:

S.Babo
P.Gleisner
W.Parker
N.Taylor
A.McMahon
B.Hunter
WK ????
C.Appyleyard
H.Perera
T.Gleisner
P.Newton

Not to many stand out wk/batsmen around at the moment. If Pipe was keeping, I would probaly give him the nod.

3D-503;290442 said:

LOL. Hard not to laugh.

My Team so far:

S.Babo
P.Gleisner
W.Parker
N.Taylor
A.McMahon
B.Hunter
WK ????
C.Appyleyard
H.Perera
T.Gleisner
P.Newton

Not to many stand out wk/batsmen around at the moment. If Pipe was keeping, I would probaly give him the nod.

bomber27;290485 said:
LOL. Hard not to laugh.

My Team so far:

S.Babo
P.Gleisner
W.Parker
N.Taylor
A.McMahon
B.Hunter
WK ????
C.Appyleyard
H.Perera
T.Gleisner
P.Newton

Lister Cooray can definitely keep i just wonder whether his brother wants to give him the gloves after his split webbing incident earlier this year. A gun bat also.

bomber27;290485 said:
LOL. Hard not to laugh.

My Team so far:

S.Babo
P.Gleisner
W.Parker
N.Taylor
A.McMahon
B.Hunter
WK ????
C.Appyleyard
H.Perera
T.Gleisner
P.Newton

Lister Cooray can definitely keep i just wonder whether his brother wants to give him the gloves after his split webbing incident earlier this year. A gun bat also.

3D-503;290442 said:

Wow, Thats some sort of confidence, i cant see it happening but.
pacco always have bigger expectations than they can meet,
the only thing goin for u, is a half decent bowling attack, but they dont seem able to finish off an innings, gonna be going nowhere with players like that.

3D-503;290442 said:

Wow, Thats some sort of confidence, i cant see it happening but.
pacco always have bigger expectations than they can meet,
the only thing goin for u, is a half decent bowling attack, but they dont seem able to finish off an innings, gonna be going nowhere with players like that.

wal05;290446 said:
hahahah yea ok

Hey, Wal05 thats a pretty big call coming from a bloke that lacks any sort of credentials, HA HA LOL

wal05;290446 said:
hahahah yea ok

Hey, Wal05 thats a pretty big call coming from a bloke that lacks any sort of credentials, HA HA LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back