mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

mmvca;173069 said:
Well, it might not be the greatest standard in the world, but we 12 A Turf sides who pay stuff all money because we have guys in our competition who play with mates, and who play in a competition where its not predictable who will be fighting for finals spots.

Iam guessing your probably a VTCA dikhead who gets overpaid like 90% of the flogs that play in that comp.

Just an avid watcher of local cricket.No need for the harsh comments sunshine.

mmvca;173069 said:
Well, it might not be the greatest standard in the world, but we 12 A Turf sides who pay stuff all money because we have guys in our competition who play with mates, and who play in a competition where its not predictable who will be fighting for finals spots.

Iam guessing your probably a VTCA dikhead who gets overpaid like 90% of the flogs that play in that comp.

That a bit harsh there mmvca, you dont rate the NWCA and now you dont rate the VTCA.

Only Coaching appointments I've heard for this season are:

Glenroy - Daniel Ward
West Coburg - Tarek Moughanie
Merlynston Hadfield - Craig Wallace
Pascoe Vale - Ross Terranova

Surely 8 weeks out from start of season all clubs have finalised their coaches.
Lets us know if you've heard of any more.@|

Slipper;173091 said:
Just an avid watcher of local cricket.No need for the harsh comments sunshine.

Have you bothered to watch any games in our comp? Im guessing not by the your uneducated, back seat comments.

My comments might have been harsh, but your comments werent exactly flattering, and i will defend our comp any day of the week.

mmvca;173514 said:
Have you bothered to watch any games in our comp? Im guessing not by the your uneducated, back seat comments.

My comments might have been harsh, but your comments werent exactly flattering, and i will defend our comp any day of the week.

Yes i have. Good player is the merlo coach , as is west coburgs although he couldnt make a run for one of the "richest" clubs in vtca a few years back. I also watched 1 VWCA game last year and thought it compared favourably with 1 of mmvca i saw

bomber27;173504 said:
Only Coaching appointments I've heard for this season are:

Glenroy - Daniel Ward
West Coburg - Tarek Moughanie
Merlynston Hadfield - Craig Wallace
Pascoe Vale - Ross Terranova

Surely 8 weeks out from start of season all clubs have finalised their coaches.
Lets us know if you've heard of any more.@|

Tarek is a muppet and a money hungry pig who chases the kanga, but could not play for ********.
Ross on the other hand is what you call a bloody good bloke and can play a bit and always played for the 1 club.

blast from the past;173543 said:
Tarek is a muppet and a money hungry pig who chases the kanga, but could not play for ********.
Ross on the other hand is what you call a bloody good bloke and can play a bit and always played for the 1 club.

ill applaude those comments

Slipper;173545 said:
ill applaude those comments

I will 2nd most of that. I dont mind Tarz as a bloke, but yeah, he does fancy the $. And Ross Terranova is one of the most loyal blokes going around.

Slipper, there are much better cricketers in our comp than wally.

Opening Batsman;173097 said:
That a bit harsh there mmvca, you dont rate the NWCA and now you dont rate the VTCA.

I never said i didnt rate the VTCA, i actually think its a very good comp. But i do not rate the NWCA at all. My brother plays in that comp and its always the same teams in the hunt for the flag. You dont see many changes from year to year in the NWCA. Its pretty predictable.

mmvca;173743 said:
I never said i didnt rate the VTCA, i actually think its a very good comp. But i do not rate the NWCA at all. My brother plays in that comp and its always the same teams in the hunt for the flag. You dont see many changes from year to year in the NWCA. Its pretty predictable.

NWCA top div clubs at least i know of one club that would paying more to thi know that for sureere players than the whole a turf comp in the mmvca but then again MMVCA your brother is getting bag loads thrown at him ATM

mmvca;173743 said:

MMVCA wats your brother doing i heard got offerd a bag load of $$ but knocked it back over some emails is he getting to precious and the NWCA, just their top div clubs would paying more $$$ than our comp put together. There still paying 3rds District cricketers to much $$

Had a look at Hallam reserve on Saturday, about a third of the ground where the soccer club trains is absoulutely stuffed, (not a blade of grass). How's everyone else's grounds looking.
Need to get these soccer clubs off a little earlier this year.|@

bomber27;174223 said:
Had a look at Hallam reserve on Saturday, about a third of the ground where the soccer club trains is absoulutely stuffed, (not a blade of grass). How's everyone else's grounds looking.
Need to get these soccer clubs off a little earlier this year.|@

our ground seems to be ok, apart from the turf area which was mud the last time i saw.

our hard wicket ground( marby park footy club) is crap like it is most years.

mmvca;174228 said:
our ground seems to be ok, apart from the turf area which was mud the last time i saw.

rumor has it the previous coach ate all of the grass of it

mmvca;174228 said:

MMVCA be very careful now that the council is taking turf grounds out i can tell u now that the bigger clubs in MCC have alot of pulling power when it comes to things like this. I have alot of experience both footy and cricket in these situation as u know they've tried too get us grounds just to keep the big unis happy can u remember what happened up at the footy ground 97 &98

givemeago;174333 said:
MMVCA be very careful now that the council is taking turf grounds out i can tell u now that the bigger clubs in MCC have alot of pulling power when it comes to things like this. I have alot of experience both footy and cricket in these situation as u know they've tried too get us grounds just to keep the big unis happy can u remember what happened up at the footy ground 97 &98

Extract from Mercantile C.A. website: Dated 14/8/07
Councillor Fraser Brindley has just contacted the MCA. He has assured us that no pitches will be dug up and no grounds will be closed this summer. Councillors are unanimous in their rejection of the Porteous plan, and have reconfirmed their wish to consult with the sports users in future.

A review of pitch table sizes and watering habits in Royal Park will be made in Autumn 2008. Fraser is sending the MCA a formal copy of the Council resolution in our favour.

You can breathe easy mmvca:)

mmvca;174228 said:

Your head is so far up Mcganns arse you would not know what the ground looks like. I reckon you played with him at East Brunswick as well as well in the mmvca and I reckon I know who you are. lol

bomber27;174349 said:
Extract from Mercantile C.A. website: Dated 14/8/07
Councillor Fraser Brindley has just contacted the MCA. He has assured us that no pitches will be dug up and no grounds will be closed this summer. Councillors are unanimous in their rejection of the Porteous plan, and have reconfirmed their wish to consult with the sports users in future.

A review of pitch table sizes and watering habits in Royal Park will be made in Autumn 2008. Fraser is sending the MCA a formal copy of the Council resolution in our favour.

You can breathe easy mmvca:)

Will be alot different if stage 4 water restrictions come into place. Stage 4 water restrictions will mean no one will be playing cricket. We got away with it last year, hopefully will be the case again in 2007-08.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back