mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bomber27;316533 said:
The reason this rule was put into place a couple of years ago, was to make it very clear to all. Before this rule was in place, the Exec called off the game on a Friday night because Sat's forecast was meant to be 42 degrees. Problem was that the cool change came in the morning.

At least with this way we are leaving it to the Sat morning.

The key point is not what the temp is at 11am but what the forecast temp for the day is at 11am.
And yes if this happened in a final then the days play would be called off.

This is not an Exec decision. Its a By-Law.

thats the problem it is only a forecast and the weather changes quickly!

What a cop out that its a by-law the executive can use its discretion and allow each umpire or captains to determine if play should continue based on the conditions........... we do that when the wickets are wet! :confused:

bomber27;316533 said:
The reason this rule was put into place a couple of years ago, was to make it very clear to all. Before this rule was in place, the Exec called off the game on a Friday night because Sat's forecast was meant to be 42 degrees. Problem was that the cool change came in the morning.

At least with this way we are leaving it to the Sat morning.

The key point is not what the temp is at 11am but what the forecast temp for the day is at 11am.
And yes if this happened in a final then the days play would be called off.

This is not an Exec decision. Its a By-Law.

What a cop out that its a by-law the executive can use its discretion and allow each umpire or captains to determine if play should continue based on the conditions........... we do that when the wickets are wet! :confused:

RooBoy;316563 said:

This by-law is a very sensible one. I played in a game a few years ago when the temp reached about 45degs. Our captain was taken to hospital and several other guys in our team struggled to get up for the next game. You cannot leave it to the umps discretion because the above may happen again and i can assure you that if something more serious than the above does take place because duty of care was not taken by the comp then the courts will be called in....that's a guarantee.

RooBoy;316563 said:

This by-law is a very sensible one. I played in a game a few years ago when the temp reached about 45degs. Our captain was taken to hospital and several other guys in our team struggled to get up for the next game. You cannot leave it to the umps discretion because the above may happen again and i can assure you that if something more serious than the above does take place because duty of care was not taken by the comp then the courts will be called in....that's a guarantee.

Cpt Caveman;316720 said:

very true young skipper

Cpt Caveman;316720 said:

very true young skipper

I no in the vtca you turn up to grounds.
Once the temp gets to 38 you come off untill it go's back below 38.

The main prob with this is you end up sitting around for alot of the day without a beer :mad:

I no in the vtca you turn up to grounds.
Once the temp gets to 38 you come off untill it go's back below 38.

The main prob with this is you end up sitting around for alot of the day without a beer :mad:

essendon2000;316773 said:
very true young skipper

I think it is a lot smarter to err on the side of caution when it comes to the heat.

so many issues will crop up on the day from the heat let alone in the days after as it will affect everyone in a different way.

Heat stroke, dehydration, cramping, etc

Dont get me wrong - I want to play and considering how little cricket we have had - I am itching to get out on the park - just not at the expense of my players (or my pocket - I'm on the committee too......!)

I have a question though - what happens if the forecast is for 39 and it ends up being 43....a good possibility......now that can be quite dangerous.

Are we supposed to monitor the temperature and come off the ground if the weather gets over 40?

essendon2000;316773 said:
very true young skipper

I think it is a lot smarter to err on the side of caution when it comes to the heat.

so many issues will crop up on the day from the heat let alone in the days after as it will affect everyone in a different way.

Dont get me wrong - I want to play and considering how little cricket we have had - I am itching to get out on the park - just not at the expense of my players (or my pocket - I'm on the committee too......!)

I have a question though - what happens if the forecast is for 39 and it ends up being 43....a good possibility......now that can be quite dangerous.

Are we supposed to monitor the temperature and come off the ground if the weather gets over 40?

putabellintheball;316916 said:

Nope my understanding is as long as the forecast is 39 or under it's all systems go no matter what the temp gets to. That to me is the grey area of the by law, it would make sense to say start at 1pm if the temp is under 40 and monitor it at 30 minute blocks and if the temp is over 40 come off and don't go back on until it get below 40. The VTCA play that rule although their temp is 38

putabellintheball;316916 said:

Nope my understanding is as long as the forecast is 39 or under it's all systems go no matter what the temp gets to. That to me is the grey area of the by law, it would make sense to say start at 1pm if the temp is under 40 and monitor it at 30 minute blocks and if the temp is over 40 come off and don't go back on until it get below 40. The VTCA play that rule although their temp is 38

Guru14;316919 said:

I think we need this addressed sooner rather than later.

That is way too much gray area for my liking.

VTCA look to have it right IMO.

Guru14;316919 said:

putabellintheball;316924 said:

as i have said before get Bomber 27 and his mates on the comp exec to use their discretion and make a ruling for this weekend.

no one wants to see anyone get heat stroke etc......but if its forecast 39 and gets to 43 and someone goes down or an umpire collapses, then the comp will still have an insurance claim on its hands.

as i have said before get Bomber 27 and his mates on the comp exec to use their discretion and make a ruling for this weekend.

no one wants to see anyone get heat stroke etc......but if its forecast 39 and gets to 43 and someone goes down or an umpire collapses, then the comp will still have an insurance claim on its hands.

Guru14;316919 said:
Guru14
when we merge with NWCA and become NWMCA, there is the by-law in place that the umpires or captains ring the weather line, and take the Melbourne Airport temperature as the one to go by. If it gets over 38 no play until it gets below 38.

Guru14;316919 said:
Guru14
when we merge with NWCA and become NWMCA, there is the by-law in place that the umpires or captains ring the weather line, and take the Melbourne Airport temperature as the one to go by. If it gets over 38 no play until it gets below 38.

My Captain said:
Guru14

My Captain, you sound pretty confident that the merger is a done deal. I wouldn't be that sure. Clubs vote tonight on the whether the merger continues to advance tonight.

My Captain said:
Guru14

My Captain, you sound pretty confident that the merger is a done deal. I wouldn't be that sure. Clubs vote tonight on the whether the merger continues to advance tonight.

Not sure what you guys are on about. There is no grey areas, its black and white. If the forecast at 11am is to be 40 degrees or more during the day then we don't play. Simple as that.

I'm not saying that I agree with this By-Law but its whats in place at the moment.

There will be no grey area from my point of view then - the decision to play will be the comps and not mine as a captain and or committee member.

In these days where people sue for the smallest thing - there's no way I am going to recommend we play when the temp is above 40 - forecasted or not.

I hope we get on the park - the temp stays below 40 - and the forecast is for less.

that way all this hot air (and yes there is a lot around today.... :p) will disappear.....

my 2 cents....

very stiff pascoe another loss curtesy of the Mary's!
St. Mary's got up in a bowl off. terra and a couple of our blokes got passionate it was good to see.
Look out St. Mary's are on a winning streak!
stiff pascoe good game fellars
p.s wats been happening fossil?

Guys, for your information, weather forecast (per www.bom.gov.au) has been changed for Saturday as follows:

Forecast for Saturday
Sunny. Light winds tending southwesterly up to 30 km/h during the afternoon.

CitySunny day.Min24 Max35

Let's hope it stays that way so we all get to play some cricket.

Update on merger.

Guys, clubs agreed tonite to a merger with NWCA. All we are waiting on now is for their clubs to vote. If they vote yes, we will be known as the North West Metro Cricket Association.

mmvca;317370 said:
Update on merger.

Guys, clubs agreed tonite to a merger with NWCA. All we are waiting on now is for their clubs to vote. If they vote yes, we will be known as the North West Metro Cricket Association.

I am really happy now I have retired. Worst thing that could have happened is have those dictaters, and we all know who they are, having anything to do with the MMVCA.

R.I.P to a great comp.

mmvca;317370 said:
Update on merger.

this is a very sad day in the 12 year history of the MMVCA. I have played in the MMVCA and the CDCA for years and was supportive of the merger back then......because the people we had running the show the likes of Allan Oakman, Lou Tenace, David Hall were dedicated to the MMVCA. Since then we have had 12 great years of development in the MMVCA with a hard working exec and clubs........but this decision to merge with the NWCA is riddiculous. It was knocked on the head years ago for good reason....they are a rabble and will offer nothing to our comp. If it aint broke why do anything?? :confused:

Can Bomber27 and mmvca explain to us....how will the MMVCA benefit from this decision, the NWCA are a dictatorship and this will ONLY benefit their clubs. We didnt even get a proper representation in the new name of the comp!?

The exec have a lot to explain and answer for with this decision! All been in the jon 6 months and now the comp has lost its identity for no real reason. They should be apologising to those people that have served the comp over the years to get it to where it is today.

RooBoy;317578 said:
this is a very sad day in the 12 year history of the MMVCA. I have played in the MMVCA and the CDCA for years and was supportive of the merger back then......because the people we had running the show the likes of Allan Oakman, Lou Tenace, David Hall were dedicated to the MMVCA. Since then we have had 12 great years of development in the MMVCA with a hard working exec and clubs........but this decision to merge with the NWCA is riddiculous. It was knocked on the head years ago for good reason....they are a rabble and will offer nothing to our comp. If it aint broke why do anything?? :confused:

Can Bomber27 and mmvca explain to us....how will the MMVCA benefit from this decision, the NWCA are a dictatorship and this will ONLY benefit their clubs. We didnt even get a proper representation in the new name of the comp!?

The exec have a lot to explain and answer for with this decision! All been in the jon 6 months and now the comp has lost its identity for no real reason. They should be apologising to those people that have served the comp over the years to get it to where it is today.

I played in the NWCA when it had a turf comp it is was hopeless.

We moved to the VTCA as all turf clubs that played in the NWCA did, but our juniors still play in the NWCA, i was Prez of my club for 4 years and all we had was trouble from them.

Good luck to you guys who are moving over should be alot of fun NOT.

Expect alot of fines as thats all the NWCA dose.

I really hope your turf comp stays and that they dont stuff it up, but you can always move to the VTCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back