mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

son of milky bill;195222 said:
new to the thread. guys who play for my club will know who I am and I would appreciate it if they kept it to themselves. K.Adams did the wrong thing and the club or someone at the club would have known about it there is no way they wouldnt have. You have to feel sorry for the kid a bit though given the fact that I am pretty sure he has played at the club his whole career and is a very good cricketer who I'm sure in no way would have deliberately gone out to cost his club those points. Of course the comp would select him for there team as he is a proven A grade player at a strong club and his past indescressions have nothing to do with that. It would be more hurtful to the kid if they didnt pick him. I know I would personally be shattered if i cost my club 24 points. And no I dont know kyle or play for West Coburg but the comp had no other choice and did the right thing in this case

Your not that ************** that warren parker hit for 40 runs in 3 overs to give glenroy control of the game 2 weeks ago are you, lol@|

ALCOA;195125 said:
My mail is that West Cob have had him cleared by the mob he played for in Round 1, so he is right to go.

He wasnt allowed to play for West Coburg on the saturday but then played for U21's on the Sunday. Thats just crap. He played for West for the first time last weekend.

Potential made me Retire;195340 said:
Your not that ************** that warren parker hit for 40 runs in 3 overs to give glenroy control of the game 2 weeks ago are you, lol@|
nah thats not me. I was just looking up the stats for that particular game and the player you are referring to got hit for 35 off 3 overs which was much more respectable. A bit harsh on the player in question though given the fact he took 5 wickets the game before and hit a four with 2 balls to spare to win his side the game the other week. I will be sure to pass on the fact that you are bagging him.

Bronks1;195355 said:
He wasnt allowed to play for West Coburg on the saturday but then played for U21's on the Sunday. Thats just crap. He played for West for the first time last weekend.

he couldnt play cos it was half way through round 4!!! and i heard the club had suspended him anyway

King of Swing;194902 said:
I agree with you knobjockey, I played at the Socials for 25 years, you will know who I am, lol. Yes we did like to partake in a lot of light refreshments, we played hard and partied harder. A lot of clubs were very jealous and envious of our success over the years. Also a lot clubs tried hard to copy certain things we done which made us into a successful club. Just joined the forum, might catch up with a few ex team mates and former foes, of those still alive that is, lol

Yes, we did enjoy ourselves didn't we, some would say a bit too much. They were the good old days, very enjoyable time.

son of milky bill;195360 said:
nah thats not me. I was just looking up the stats for that particular game and the player you are referring to got hit for 35 off 3 overs which was much more respectable. A bit harsh on the player in question though given the fact he took 5 wickets the game before and hit a four with 2 balls to spare to win his side the game the other week. I will be sure to pass on the fact that you are bagging him.

congrats to him on his efforts, i guess that makes him a 1 week wonder then.
sorry i got your identity wrong son of milky bill, should of known not to get ahead of myself, the club is full of bright white skin fellas.

Potential made me Retire;195712 said:
congrats to him on his efforts, i guess that makes him a 1 week wonder then.
sorry i got your identity wrong son of milky bill, should of known not to get ahead of myself, the club is full of bright white skin fellas.
Thats ok mate whoever you are you have obviously retired and are out of toucch with the current game but thatnks for your input hahahahaha

results that i have heard from today.

Socials outright over Haig
Merlo did it tough over Barkly, but got the win
St Andrews over Pacco
St Marys easily over St Francis.

banno36;194197 said:
Sunshine Heights = bat like millionaires and take coaching at square-leg to a new level, not to mention their scoring

St.Andrews will murder Pacco after their abysmal loss last week to a great performance by Merlo-Haddy.

St.Francis travelling OK considering Eilers hasn't got going yet, so the load is being spread around and they should be able to look after the sloggers from St.Mary's.

Wests vs Glenroy - doesn't warrant any comment other than 'let them at it'.

Good call champ.

St Francis 10/182 from nearly 70 overs
St Marys 5/237 from 60 odd overs.

Not alot of risk taken from St Marys. Even Phil Eilers admitted they had been outplayed.

mmvca;196062 said:
results that i have heard from today.

Socials outright over Haig
Merlo did it tough over Barkly, but got the win
St Andrews over Pacco
St Marys easily over St Francis.

Tough day at the office for our boys, but we got over the line.
Barkly St Uniting chasing 247, all out for 222 after being 4 for 208 in only the 45th over. Dean Pitts 5 wkts and Trent Gleisner 4 wkts stepped up late in the game.

Also heard West Coburg comfortably over Glenroy.
east Coburg v Sunshine Hts ???

bomber27;196098 said:
Tough day at the office for our boys, but we got over the line.
Barkly St Uniting chasing 247, all out for 222 after being 4 for 208 in only the 45th over. Dean Pitts 5 wkts and Trent Gleisner 4 wkts stepped up late in the game.

Also heard West Coburg comfortably over Glenroy.
east Coburg v Sunshine Hts ???

east coburg won that game

results vault or cricket victoria scoring system?

is cricket victoria's system the biggest load of ********e that has ever come about? last year you could atleast see the scores mid round, but this year you dont see the scores until mon or tues after the game is completed.

surely the clubs are getting jack of this ridiculous system. does it really matter if results vault does cost clubs up to $100 a season.

i would rather pay for a quality system that works rather than an inadequate system that comes for free.

the silly thing, is that 60/70% of senior clubs have juniors who use the results vault system.

what do you guys think?

mmvca;196231 said:

is cricket victoria's system the biggest load of ********e that has ever come about? last year you could atleast see the scores mid round, but this year you dont see the scores until mon or tues after the game is completed.

surely the clubs are getting jack of this ridiculous system. does it really matter if results vault does cost clubs up to $100 a season.

i would rather pay for a quality system that works rather than an inadequate system that comes for free.

the silly thing, is that 60/70% of senior clubs have juniors who use the results vault system.

what do you guys think?
yeah as someone who uses these thing a fair bit you would like to see apretty quick ladder update. something similar to local footy when you know where you are on the ladder straight away. as far as i am aware the top 4 is

socials 28
St Francis
Standrews
Pascoe Vale all on 24

Hey guys, just joined the thread and have been reading through the posts. Was interesting to see how close the comp is. I see that the socials have thrown a spanner into the works with an outright. Puts them to top. Not much said about them, considering that if won the close game against Glenroy would be 10 points clear on top. Maybe they are not rated?

mmvca;196063 said:
Good call champ.

St Francis 10/182 from nearly 70 overs
St Marys 5/237 from 60 odd overs.

Not alot of risk taken from St Marys. Even Phil Eilers admitted they had been outplayed.

Yer I must say I got that one a little wrong, full marks to St.Marys on that absolute mauling and St.Francis would have to be asking a few questions of themselves. Really could've consolidated top position but will definitely struggle now when they face the likes of St.Andrews, Wests, Glenroy and Pacco after Xmas.

With Danny Campbell jumping on the bandwagon the Socials line-up looks a whole lot better and they might just give it a shake if he can take a few wickets for them because he'll always get runs, no matter what style he has.

white skins;196244 said:
Hey guys, just joined the thread and have been reading through the posts. Was interesting to see how close the comp is. I see that the socials have thrown a spanner into the works with an outright. Puts them to top. Not much said about them, considering that if won the close game against Glenroy would be 10 points clear on top. Maybe they are not rated?
yes danny campbell seems to have made a bit of a difference to the socials line up.I wonde if leigh o'neill is coming back for them or did potential make him retire

mmvca;196231 said:

what do you guys think?

Our club uses both systems and Resultsvault is a 100% better. Its stuffed that you can't enter full results until both sides have entered there teams. If this proposed merger goes ahead between the mmvca and the nwca, we will be using Resultsvaults. Until then, it maybe up to us to post scores on this site so everyone can catch up with whats happening.

son of milky bill;196332 said:
yes danny campbell seems to have made a bit of a difference to the socials line up.I wonde if leigh o'neill is coming back for them or did potential make him retire

maybe he retired so 1 week wonders like that non turning spinner andrews would get a game all year instead of just the week that he gets lucky(could of used that line in regards to another 3 letter word sport he doesnt play to often either, lol)
big call for the coach and captain this week at the socials, do they bring back in seniors card glendenning or leave the side unchanged as the blokes got the job done on the weekend winning outright.
hard to drop blokes from a team who does the right thing especially as campbell gives you that extra bowling option.
Plus heard it might be too sunny for seniors card to put his bright white skin out in, would be to hazardous for his health.

Player of Round 5.

Nominees

Glesner 119 not out
Cleninning 5/60
C. Johnson 101
Warren Paker 88
Kunesevic 83
Garvin 86
Stevenson 6/ 48

My vote is P Glesner

Status