mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

son of milky bill;206873 said:
S.Vernon would have to be a chance over 300 runs this year.Not a bad side based on statistics there wouldn't be many others you could slot in.
I would agree with venon in 4 gleisner also P. Eilers in 4 brown made almost as many runs with less innings and is a class bat and i would have G. Tapner, D. Campbell, C. Appleyard and T. Stevenson all well ahead of costello but the rest is fair and any1 of 4 different players could be capt.

socials(235) beat west coburg(178) very convincingly.....

west coburg last pair put on 70 to give the home side a bit of respect in the scorebook

Official Rep team for Tuesday Night

T.Moughanie (c)
W.Parker
A.Hoang
Z.Hvoranek
D.Campbell
C.Appleyard
R.Terranova
J.Summerfield
H.Perera
D.Garvin
D.Pitts
W.Hendis

Pretty good team for a 20/20 match
Plenty of Hitters

bomber27;207001 said:
Official Rep team for Tuesday Night

T.Moughanie (c)
W.Parker
A.Hoang
Z.Hvoranek
D.Campbell
C.Appleyard
R.Terranova
J.Summerfield
H.Perera
D.Garvin
D.Pitts
W.Hendis

Pretty good team for a 20/20 match
Plenty of Hitters

D.GARVIN
R TERRANOVA ???????????
whats the go with these to playing for.....alot more better bowlers and keepers in the comp

socials(235) beat west coburg(178) very convincingly.....

west coburg last pair put on 70 to give the home side a bit of respect in the scorebook

whatnogood;207140 said:
Yeah actually Shane Harris wouldn't make the C Mats XI at the moment after the mud he threw down today.

Wouldn't throw to many stones, i heard you made a duck today whats that two in a row now

whatnogood;207140 said:
Yeah actually Shane Harris wouldn't make the C Mats XI at the moment after the mud he threw down today.

Wouldn't throw to many stones, i heard you made a duck today whats that two in a row now

Results for A Turf

Haig Amateurs 10/165 & 8/85 lost to East Coburg 6/263dec
West Coburg 10/179 lost to The Socials 10/235
Glenroy 10/218 def Pascoe Vale 10/123
St. Francis 10/196 lost to St. Andrews 7/263cc
Barkly St Uniting 10/112 lost to Sunshine Heights 10/172 & 10/142
Merlynston Hadfield 10/123 & 6/91 lost to St. Marys 9/307

whatnogood;207154 said:
Results for A Turf

looks like all the top teams won. would have bee interesting if east coburg had of gotten an outright win.

son of milky bill;207201 said:
looks like all the top teams won. would have bee interesting if east coburg had of gotten an outright win.
last round this weekend biggest game of the year st andrews vs east coburg. could the points st andrews lost cost them a spot in finals. Could not taking the extra 2 wickets on saturday cost east coburg. Sunshine Heights almost certain finalists given they play Haig last game which means whoever wins between easts and st andrews makes finals the loser doesnt. Which would see the finals shapig up like this first week of finals

St mary's vs Sunshine Heights

Socials vs St Andrews/East Coburg

Results for A Turf

son of milky bill;207204 said:
last round this weekend biggest game of the year st andrews vs east coburg. could the points st andrews lost cost them a spot in finals. Could not taking the extra 2 wickets on saturday cost east coburg. Sunshine Heights almost certain finalists given they play Haig last game which means whoever wins between easts and st andrews makes finals the loser doesnt. Which would see the finals shapig up like this first week of finals

can sunshine hieghts finish 3rd with an outright victory over haig ?????

wuld make it very interesting :)

whatnogood;207154 said:
Results for A Turf

I didn't play on the weekend, but I went and watched our boys. Seriously, the umpire who was in charge of that game should "be dropped". I'm not saying it cost our boys the game because some of the shots that were played were downright ludicrous, but the excessive "over appealing" of the Sunshine Heights guys would have done their countrymen proud!! Just unfortunate that the umpire looked as if he was influenced by that.
But anyway, that's cricket nowadays I guess!!

son of milky bill;207201 said:

ollie73;207236 said:
I didn't play on the weekend, but I went and watched our boys. Seriously, the umpire who was in charge of that game should "be dropped". I'm not saying it cost our boys the game because some of the shots that were played were downright ludicrous, but the excessive "over appealing" of the Sunshine Heights guys would have done their countrymen proud!! Just unfortunate that the umpire looked as if he was influenced by that.

Its bullsh#t the way Sunshine carry on with appeals. Don't know who the umpire was, but I reckon I could pick it very easily, gets sucked in all the time.

hey ollie, heard that ur ton the other week was first class.
what are ur chances of playing a full season next year?
i reckon the blokes down at B.S.U would be stoked with a cool head in the batting line up...@|

YoungGun;207211 said:

Sunshine can finish 3rd with an outright victory. There is a few variables that could occur with results on the weekend but the most likely scenario is the one that I stated earlier which would see the top 4 finish like this

St mary's
Socials
St Andrews/East Coburg
Sunshine Heights

As for the over appealing it seems to be a cultural thing with the sub continent mentality. East Coburg has a few players who are the same with there over appealing. There is surely something that can be done about it and umpires should give them a caution as well as the captain.

ollie73;207236 said:

Its bullsh#t the way Sunshine carry on with appeals. Don't know who the umpire was, but I reckon I could pick it very easily, gets sucked in all the time.

how about st andrews get 1st innings pts east coburg win outright or other way round

sunshine heights win
socials lose
socials out

i reckon the blokes down at B.S.U would be stoked with a cool head in the batting line up...@|

Struggle Streeet;207252 said:

Well I had a good day, wouldn't say 1st class, but was satisfying to get a ton and not offer a chance. As for playing a full season, it isn't likely, but I would hope to play alot more than I did this year.
As for cool heads, there are some guys there who are, they have just simply been out of form, then there are others who have all the talent in the world, but throw it away too easy.
I know when I was a junior making my way, the most important thing I was taught about batting is to bat out the overs. That means occupying the crease and making the opposition EARN your wicket.
Sadly I see too often now that young cricketers in particular have no concept of that.

YoungGun;207211 said:

Sunshine can finish 3rd with an outright victory. There is a few variables that could occur with results on the weekend but the most likely scenario is the one that I stated earlier which would see the top 4 finish like this

St mary's
Socials
St Andrews/East Coburg
Sunshine Heights

As for the over appealing it seems to be a cultural thing with the sub continent mentality. East Coburg has a few players who are the same with there over appealing. There is surely something that can be done about it and umpires should give them a caution as well as the captain.

Anyone heard any results re the West Coburg and St Andrews appeals. Was meant to have been something happening middle of last week regarding at least one of them.

how about st andrews get 1st innings pts east coburg win outright or other way round

sunshine heights win
socials lose
socials out

Unco;207343 said:
Anyone heard any results re the West Coburg and St Andrews appeals. Was meant to have been something happening middle of last week regarding at least one of them.
they would have to make the decision before the start of play this saturday otherwise it would be unfair to those teams vying for finals spots to know what they had to do to make finals.REalistically they shouldn't get the points back as they played un registered players.

Struggle Streeet;207252 said:

Well I had a good day, wouldn't say 1st class, but was satisfying to get a ton and not offer a chance. As for playing a full season, it isn't likely, but I would hope to play alot more than I did this year.
As for cool heads, there are some guys there who are, they have just simply been out of form, then there are others who have all the talent in the world, but throw it away too easy.
I know when I was a junior making my way, the most important thing I was taught about batting is to bat out the overs. That means occupying the crease and making the opposition EARN your wicket.
Sadly I see too often now that young cricketers in particular have no concept of that.

Noticed one of the Haig boys went out for a duck for obstructing the field!

Haven't seen that type of dismissal for a long time!!! (If ever!)

bomber27;206779 said:
Slow day at work, so here's my team of the year.

P.Gleisner
T.Moughanie
A.Hoang
W.Parker
C.Johnson (wk)
P.Brown
B.Hunter (C)
M.Costello
S.Wernham
J.Summerfield
P.Newton

Let the debate begin.