mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bomber27;207588 said:
Interesting team there Alcoa.

Who's Campbell (wkt), Don't know about Jolley (probaly had his worst season in this comp).
Even I would admit now that Vernon has to be in.

But it creates great discussion.@|

Tom Campbell a young player from west coburg. great with the gloves and can hold the bat a bit. Yeah Vernon is a strong bat when getting going.

Yeah I never said it would happen. Just that it should at least be investigated according to the constitution of the MMVCA. If the association wanted to make an example of them, there is the clause. That's all.

YoungGun;207595 said:
T Moughanie....
S Vernon
P King
W Parker
P Eilers
C johnston (wk)
D Campbell
S Wernham
J Summerfield
J McGowan
P Newton

how could you include J McGowan???? his Dad was great but not the son. Who is P King???

ollie73;207362 said:
Noticed one of the Haig boys went out for a duck for obstructing the field!

Haven't seen that type of dismissal for a long time!!! (If ever!)

I am deeply offended Ollie old mate.I happened to play a lot of cricket with you at another club and one day down at the old Bulmans road ground I was batting with Hedge and smashing some late order runs when he burnt me (again) As the return was seeing me hopelessly short I belted it for four.....out obstructing feild.

Hirdy05_;207850 said:
Won't happen.

Very interesting indeed. Gee how bad would it be if Sunshine Hghts made the finals and lost players for the semi for not showing up. I agree they need a good excuse. Well done to the guys that jumped in to help out.

Ok, sat in the back row reading all the post now i will put my nuts on the line and name what i think is the best 11 in the comp

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker

Yeah I never said it would happen. Just that it should at least be investigated according to the constitution of the MMVCA. If the association wanted to make an example of them, there is the clause. That's all.

ollie73;207362 said:
Noticed one of the Haig boys went out for a duck for obstructing the field!

Haven't seen that type of dismissal for a long time!!! (If ever!)

I am deeply offended Ollie old mate.I happened to play a lot of cricket with you at another club and one day down at the old Bulmans road ground I was batting with Hedge and smashing some late order runs when he burnt me (again) As the return was seeing me hopelessly short I belted it for four.....out obstructing feild.

first slipper;207929 said:
Ok, sat in the back row reading all the post now i will put my nuts on the line and name what i think is the best 11 in the comp

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker

Hard to disagree with that line-up.

Batting Ave: Brad Hunter (somehow)
Bowling Ave: Paul Newton
Comp medal: Justin Summerfield (just ahead of Hunter and Parker)

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker

do you really think the assoc. has given these players written notification of there commitments??? i doubt it but happy to stand corrected and without that the comp has no case at all i would think

upthesaints;207996 said:
do you really think the assoc. has given these players written notification of there commitments??? i doubt it but happy to stand corrected and without that the comp has no case at all i would think

Well obviously you know either way, did they or didn't they? You tell us.....

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker

Hard to disagree with that line-up.

Batting Ave: Brad Hunter (somehow)
Bowling Ave: Paul Newton
Comp medal: Justin Summerfield (just ahead of Hunter and Parker)

mate - not sure which part of my post suggestd that I knew, but I dont! As I said I would suspect that they didn't as in the times of I past I have been involved in such teams they haven't. And knowing the comp they wouldn't of.

upthesaints;207996 said:

All clubs were notified by email of which players had been chosen in the rep team. (These days I would class email as written notification). I would assume Sunshine Hts have nominated these players originally with the players permission. If Sunshine have then not passed the details back to their players, then stiff.

I am led to believe that 19 players were nominated by their clubs for selection in this side. So players who were keen missed out. If the association's serious about these games then they will do something about the guys who didnt turn up or else they may find clubs and players not worrying about puting up names in the future.

It was embarrising for the association the other night as they tried to basically ask members in the crowd to play so they did not look silly when taking to the field.

Saying all this, I do believe the comp will do nothing, but it will be remembered for the future.

upthesaints;207996 said:

Well obviously you know either way, did they or didn't they? You tell us.....

Knobjockey;207927 said:

lol Well I did say for a long time, because I was pretty sure I HAD seen it, but I just couldn't place it!!!
How's the subbies going anyway??

mate - not sure which part of my post suggestd that I knew, but I dont! As I said I would suspect that they didn't as in the times of I past I have been involved in such teams they haven't. And knowing the comp they wouldn't of.

bomber27;208075 said:
All clubs were notified by email of which players had been chosen in the rep team. (These days I would class email as written notification). I would assume Sunshine Hts have nominated these players originally with the players permission. If Sunshine have then not passed the details back to their players, then stiff.

I am led to believe that 19 players were nominated by their clubs for selection in this side. So players who were keen missed out. If the association's serious about these games then they will do something about the guys who didnt turn up or else they may find clubs and players not worrying about puting up names in the future.

It was embarrising for the association the other night as they tried to basically ask members in the crowd to play so they did not look silly when taking to the field.

Saying all this, I do believe the comp will do nothing, but it will be remembered for the future.

I agree with Bomber.......the club nominated them so they should of checked emails to see if they had been picked. I wasnt there on tuesday night, but reports suggest it was a rabble searching for players. I reckon the comp will show some balls and suspend them each for one match, allowing them to play in the semi. The club should get fined too. I feel sorry for the players but like the west coburg debarkle, the club coped it for a silly action by a player!

just wait an see anyway.

upthesaints;207996 said:

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker

Not a bad side, but cant see Parker winning the medal, Glenroy havent won enough games. I think Newton will win it

Knobjockey;207927 said:

lol Well I did say for a long time, because I was pretty sure I HAD seen it, but I just couldn't place it!!!
How's the subbies going anyway??

YoungGun;207699 said:
HAHAHAA worst pick UP of the year im sure ur club would have him neday probably the most technical batsmen in the comp .....
and the cricket his playing is probably to low for his standards go .......

GO PLAY IN THE ONE DAYERS THIS WEEK and im 100000% sure u wont make a ton or take 5 ya cause ur still a ************** u ************
u obviously have some affection for king and if he wasto good as you stated he would of made 500 runs by now and he sounds more likely to get a game in the ones before me on form

bomber27;208075 said:

I agree with Bomber.......the club nominated them so they should of checked emails to see if they had been picked. I wasnt there on tuesday night, but reports suggest it was a rabble searching for players. I reckon the comp will show some balls and suspend them each for one match, allowing them to play in the semi. The club should get fined too. I feel sorry for the players but like the west coburg debarkle, the club coped it for a silly action by a player!

just wait an see anyway.

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker
cant really fault that team the best by far of all that were picked

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker

Not a bad side, but cant see Parker winning the medal, Glenroy havent won enough games. I think Newton will win it

does anyone really give a flying about the team of the year. Unless of course they name a C Mats team of the year then I'm all for it. Bomber I'm sure you'll nominate me for that team?

YoungGun;207699 said:
HAHAHAA worst pick UP of the year im sure ur club would have him neday probably the most technical batsmen in the comp .....
and the cricket his playing is probably to low for his standards go .......

GO PLAY IN THE ONE DAYERS THIS WEEK and im 100000% sure u wont make a ton or take 5 ya cause ur still a ************** u ************
u obviously have some affection for king and if he wasto good as you stated he would of made 500 runs by now and he sounds more likely to get a game in the ones before me on form

whatnogood;208162 said:
does anyone really give a flying about the team of the year. Unless of course they name a C Mats team of the year then I'm all for it. Bomber I'm sure you'll nominate me for that team?

Are you serious buddy? C Mats is still stretching a little dont you think?????:p

S Vernon
W Parker
P Gleisner
T Moughanie
P Brown
C Johnson WK
D Campbell
B Hunter
J Summerfield
D Harris
P Newton

Batting Av = W Parker
Bowling AV = P Newton
Comp medal = W Parker
cant really fault that team the best by far of all that were picked

this weeks games

East Coburg over St Andrews - In a close one
Sunshine Heights over Haig - easy to make finals
St Mary over West Coburg - to carry on there winning streak
Socials over Barkly street - to strong
Glenroy over Merlo - 1st innings only
St Francis over Pascoe Vale - nothing to play for

Final four will go like this

St Marys
Socials
East coburg
Sunshine heights

whatnogood;208162 said:

Are you serious buddy? C Mats is still stretching a little dont you think?????:p

Re: this weeks games

first slipper;208341 said:
East Coburg over St Andrews - In a close one
Sunshine Heights over Haig - easy to make finals
St Mary over West Coburg - to carry on there winning streak
Socials over Barkly street - to strong
Glenroy over Merlo - 1st innings only
St Francis over Pascoe Vale - nothing to play for

Final four will go like this

St Marys
Socials
East coburg
Sunshine heights

Sunny Hghts too good for Haig (last year in A turf)
St Marys will be pumped by West Cob (possible outright loss)
Socials easily over BSU
Glenroy to account for Merlo
St Andrews to demolish East Cob
St Francis too strong for Pacco

Final Four
St Marys
Socials
St Andrews
Sunshine Hgts

Premiers - Socials

Status
Not open for further replies.