mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: this weeks games

Champ is here;208535 said:
did u manage to take 5fa like u were bragging about

nar just a couple mate doing to much with the ball as always :p......
culdve and wuldve taken easy 5 fa but wasnt handed the ball back for my second spell guess there keepn me for the MAIN GAMES the finals;).......

first slipper;208502 said:
Scores from today

Merlo all out 180, Glenroy 0 for 26
West coburg all out 118 , St Marys 0 for 60
well done to st mary's on a great performance against a side that most rated premiership favourites. This is a huge confidence win for the boys who now know they can mix it with the big boys come finals time

YoungGun;208548 said:
nar just a couple mate doing to much with the ball as always :p......
culdve and wuldve taken easy 5 fa but wasnt handed the ball back for my second spell guess there keepn me for the MAIN GAMES the finals;).......

YoungGun you are the X factor. Luv the confidence, thats what wins finals

Good to see West Coburg had there pants pulled down. From what I here there's quite a few rumblings down at shore reserve.

From these results, its looks like St Marys and Socials have consolidated the top two spots. Any newsz on Easts v St Andrews ansd Haig v Sunshine.

they haven't one YET!! I mean, they almost certainly will, but still a little work to do before they actually do win!

bomber27;208565 said:
YoungGun you are the X factor. Luv the confidence, thats what wins finals

Good to see West Coburg had there pants pulled down. From what I here there's quite a few rumblings down at shore reserve.

From these results, its looks like St Marys and Socials have consolidated the top two spots. Any newsz on Easts v St Andrews ansd Haig v Sunshine.

last heard st andrews were 8/260 not sure if that was final
haig rolled sunshine heights for 214 & they are 2/44 or there abouts

ollie73;208639 said:
they haven't one YET!! I mean, they almost certainly will, but still a little work to do before they actually do win!

the weather on thursday & friday might not b 2 kind to them either could make batting a bit tougher

first slipper;208502 said:
Scores from today

Merlo all out 180, Glenroy 0 for 26
West coburg all out 118 , St Marys 0 for 60
well done to st mary's on a great performance against a side that most rated premiership favourites. This is a huge confidence win for the boys who now know they can mix it with the big boys come finals time

ROAD DOG;208704 said:
the weather on thursday & friday might not b 2 kind to them either could make batting a bit tougher

hopefully the weather will stay fine for the last weekend of the season so that it will give East Coburg and Sunshine Heights a fair chance to see who will make the finals as for St Marys i think that they are showing that they are 1 of the better sides in A Turf and this weeks results are showing that

son of milky bill;208406 said:
St Andrews vs East' (St Andrews should be too good but East's one of those sides. St Andrews)
Heights vs Haig (haig nothing to play for Heights to win)
West Coburg vs St mary's (St mary's have gone on a big streak this will be there big test as to how they go in the finals. West Coburg could be dangerous with nothing to play for. will play very attacking cricket. West's just.)
Socials vs BSU (Socials should be too strong)
Glenroy vs Merlo (Could be closer then people think but Glenroy should win to keep slim finals chance alive)
St Francis vs Pacco (St Francis)

Apparently having the supposed premiership favourites 8-90 odd and winning a game by over 70 runs aint good enough win by the socials Pudd. No way Haig will beat sunshine heights. 2 rubbish tips in 2 weeks. get some credibilty back Pudd.

Only tips mate. I believe so far all the tips are doing alright and I still believe that Haig will win the game.
As for having something against Socials this is incorrect.Never played against them all I am is a bored middle aged man who loves his cricket and follows the MMVCA.
They need to keep winning and they look the goods against BSU.
Having said that DC is a key to Socials being a good side and an ordinary one, and I am quite shocked not many people rate him in the team of the year.
He brings allot to the table.

ollie73;208639 said:

Pudd;208772 said:
Only tips mate. I believe so far all the tips are doing alright and I still believe that Haig will win the game.
As for having something against Socials this is incorrect.Never played against them all I am is a bored middle aged man who loves his cricket and follows the MMVCA.
Having said that DC is a key to Socials being a good side and an ordinary one, and I am quite shocked not many people rate him in the team of the year.
DC isn't even playing this game for socials and missed the first 4 games of the season in which time socials where on top of the ladder.

Haig could be the upset of the season and the game is in the balance i will give you that.

ROAD DOG;208704 said:

hopefully the weather will stay fine for the last weekend of the season so that it will give East Coburg and Sunshine Heights a fair chance to see who will make the finals as for St Marys i think that they are showing that they are 1 of the better sides in A Turf and this weeks results are showing that

son of milky bill;208797 said:
DC isn't even playing this game for socials and missed the first 4 games of the season in which time socials where on top of the ladder.

Haig could be the upset of the season and the game is in the balance i will give you that.

I rate DC. I beleive he is the key. Once again mate, it's only my view.

son of milky bill;208406 said:
St Andrews vs East' (St Andrews should be too good but East's one of those sides. St Andrews)
Heights vs Haig (haig nothing to play for Heights to win)
West Coburg vs St mary's (St mary's have gone on a big streak this will be there big test as to how they go in the finals. West Coburg could be dangerous with nothing to play for. will play very attacking cricket. West's just.)
Socials vs BSU (Socials should be too strong)
Glenroy vs Merlo (Could be closer then people think but Glenroy should win to keep slim finals chance alive)
St Francis vs Pacco (St Francis)

Apparently having the supposed premiership favourites 8-90 odd and winning a game by over 70 runs aint good enough win by the socials Pudd. No way Haig will beat sunshine heights. 2 rubbish tips in 2 weeks. get some credibilty back Pudd.

Pudd;208772 said:

son of milky bill;208797 said:

I rate DC. I beleive he is the key. Once again mate, it's only my view.

ollie73;208969 said:
You guys do!! :cool:

lol use all think where a 1 man team pfft what do use really no maybe a hole lot of nothing to tell u the truth ..........

im pretty sure if use look back on a grade results his only played a hand full of games this year and his best performance was against HAIG hmmm says alot guys maybe to use he is the key.........

but to us the 11 guys that go out on the field are the key and thats what it all comes down to and thats what its all about :).........

ollie73;208969 said:
There is no doubting that DC is a massive talent and is in the socials best 11 and once again after that would be in our best 3 or 4 players but i think the point that young gun is trying to make is he is not everything to the socials. We have won without him against the side sitting top of the ladder this season and were in a good position on the ladder (top) before he started playing this season.

We have belief in who ever goes out and plays for us and we are fortunate to have 15 or 16 players who all could play or who deserve to play in our firsts. I am sure the same would be said by any of the top clubs that if you took one of there better players out for a game that they would still believe they could win. That is the belief and confidence that you get from winning games

son of milky bill;209058 said:
There is no doubting that DC is a massive talent and is in the socials best 11 and once again after that would be in our best 3 or 4 players but i think the point that young gun is trying to make is he is not everything to the socials. We have won without him against the side sitting top of the ladder this season and were in a good position on the ladder (top) before he started playing this season.

We have belief in who ever goes out and plays for us and we are fortunate to have 15 or 16 players who all could play or who deserve to play in our firsts. I am sure the same would be said by any of the top clubs that if you took one of there better players out for a game that they would still believe they could win. That is the belief and confidence that you get from winning games

What a ********!!!!!

ollie73;208969 said:

lol use all think where a 1 man team pfft what do use really no maybe a hole lot of nothing to tell u the truth ..........

im pretty sure if use look back on a grade results his only played a hand full of games this year and his best performance was against HAIG hmmm says alot guys maybe to use he is the key.........

but to us the 11 guys that go out on the field are the key and thats what it all comes down to and thats what its all about :).........

ollie73;208969 said:

Point taken. Good sides normally have 15 or 16 players SOMB. I never stated that Socals are a one man side, as you have players like Vernon , Johnson ect. However what I did state was (and this is only my opinion) that DC brings allot to the table and can change Socials fortunes. What he gives is the hitting abilty and some good line and length bowling with some late in-swing which is vital in this comp during the middle overs. Not many players in the comp can do this hence why he is the key player come FINALS time for you guys and in my honest opinion would be the difference.
The other 3 sides in the comp, don't have an all rounder like DC. Tapner good but doesn't bring that late swing to the table.

SOMB, this is only my opinion and I have been known to be wrong on most occasions :)

What a ********!!!!!

ya knobjockey;209072 said:
What a ********!!!!!
if being a ******** means being right then thank you i will continue being a ********. at least i am contributing something to the forum insted of such gem's like "what a ********" you are quite the wordsmith and obviously thought hard about that gem

Re: mmvca

I think DC is an important part of the make up of The Socials, but he's not the reason why they could go all the way, I think they have shown this year that there are a few players who have made good contributions. As with all other clubs, 1 player could be tagged the "match winner" but if he's team mates don't do there part, i.e take catches, hang around when he's batting then there's no point in being a "match winner"

And I think there's too much pressure on certain players in the Comp to perform all the time for their respective clubs. Whats the old saying "A champion Team will always beat a Team of Champions"

Point taken. Good sides normally have 15 or 16 players SOMB. I never stated that Socals are a one man side, as you have players like Vernon , Johnson ect. However what I did state was (and this is only my opinion) that DC brings allot to the table and can change Socials fortunes. What he gives is the hitting abilty and some good line and length bowling with some late in-swing which is vital in this comp during the middle overs. Not many players in the comp can do this hence why he is the key player come FINALS time for you guys and in my honest opinion would be the difference.
The other 3 sides in the comp, don't have an all rounder like DC. Tapner good but doesn't bring that late swing to the table.

SOMB, this is only my opinion and I have been known to be wrong on most occasions :)

YoungGun;209036 said:

I wasn't saying or implying that you are a one-man side.

Just that he is a very good player that would be needed in ANY side because of his experience and capabilities.

I believe DC is an "X-factor" that is needed at this time of year. DOesn't mean you can't go all the way without him!

ya knobjockey;209072 said:
What a ********!!!!!
if being a ******** means being right then thank you i will continue being a ********. at least i am contributing something to the forum insted of such gem's like "what a ********" you are quite the wordsmith and obviously thought hard about that gem

Hirdy05_;209154 said:
I think DC is an important part of the make up of The Socials, but he's not the reason why they could go all the way, I think they have shown this year that there are a few players who have made good contributions. As with all other clubs, 1 player could be tagged the "match winner" but if he's team mates don't do there part, i.e take catches, hang around when he's batting then there's no point in being a "match winner"

And I think there's too much pressure on certain players in the Comp to perform all the time for their respective clubs. Whats the old saying "A champion Team will always beat a Team of Champions"

im with u hirdy, dc has the abitlity to turn games on their head in 10 mins, which is a hard ability to come across in players, but there is no certainty that it will happen come finals time( although he made a great ton in grannie 2 years ago, which still didnt get them over the line)
he will be a big loss however, sure every team would want him in there side if they could.
believe st mary's have to go into finals as fav's, have earnt that with performances in 2nd half of season, but there weakness could be lack of finals atmosphere/pressure that the socials team has, as do st andrews if they win this week.
therefore i'm going to go out on a limb and say if matches go the way they were swung on the weekend, i believe the premiers will come from the 2nd vs 3rd final (socials vs st andrews) in an upset over the home and away champions St Marys.

Last but not least, Young Gun(just vomited writing that) you are a ************** regardless of which way you swing the ball, you would want to play better than the last time i took the field with you, remember playing that day against sunshine heights and they treated you like there prison b-tch and slapped you silly. you bowl like that again and socials will have there end of season party earlier than they would like

on the socials

interesting dropping d.c before finals and leaving the most technicly correct batsmen ever to play the game in the side and he failed again i heard good choice. if they keep making moves like that wont evan fire a shot come finals

YoungGun;209036 said:

I wasn't saying or implying that you are a one-man side.

Just that he is a very good player that would be needed in ANY side because of his experience and capabilities.

I believe DC is an "X-factor" that is needed at this time of year. DOesn't mean you can't go all the way without him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back