mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Hirdy05_;209154 said:
I think DC is an important part of the make up of The Socials, but he's not the reason why they could go all the way, I think they have shown this year that there are a few players who have made good contributions. As with all other clubs, 1 player could be tagged the "match winner" but if he's team mates don't do there part, i.e take catches, hang around when he's batting then there's no point in being a "match winner"

And I think there's too much pressure on certain players in the Comp to perform all the time for their respective clubs. Whats the old saying "A champion Team will always beat a Team of Champions"

im with u hirdy, dc has the abitlity to turn games on their head in 10 mins, which is a hard ability to come across in players, but there is no certainty that it will happen come finals time( although he made a great ton in grannie 2 years ago, which still didnt get them over the line)
he will be a big loss however, sure every team would want him in there side if they could.
believe st mary's have to go into finals as fav's, have earnt that with performances in 2nd half of season, but there weakness could be lack of finals atmosphere/pressure that the socials team has, as do st andrews if they win this week.
therefore i'm going to go out on a limb and say if matches go the way they were swung on the weekend, i believe the premiers will come from the 2nd vs 3rd final (socials vs st andrews) in an upset over the home and away champions St Marys.

Last but not least, Young Gun(just vomited writing that) you are a ************** regardless of which way you swing the ball, you would want to play better than the last time i took the field with you, remember playing that day against sunshine heights and they treated you like there prison b-tch and slapped you silly. you bowl like that again and socials will have there end of season party earlier than they would like

Re: d.c

Champ is here;209204 said:
and d.c is probably the best player in the compand i would pay alot of money to have him in my side

d.c not able to play finals so best left out to let the other 11 settle b4 going in.
socials have a few matchwinners on any given day its just a matter of which 1 its going to be as for the the technicly correct batsmen u r refering to just maybe u never know but round 1 of the finals he may just be that match winner

on the socials

interesting dropping d.c before finals and leaving the most technicly correct batsmen ever to play the game in the side and he failed again i heard good choice. if they keep making moves like that wont evan fire a shot come finals

you'd want to hope so he owes the coaches alot for showing alot of faith in him by sticking with him all this time or you've invested alot of time in some1 for nothing and could be the finals down fall.

ROAD DOG;209207 said:
d.c not able to play finals so best left out to let the other 11 settle b4 going in.
socials have a few matchwinners on any given day its just a matter of which 1 its going to be as for the the technicly correct batsmen u r refering to just maybe u never know but round 1 of the finals he may just be that match winner

What's the go with that Road dog? How come he can't play finals?
Wasn't aware

Champ is here;209204 said:
and d.c is probably the best player in the compand i would pay alot of money to have him in my side

Re: this weeks games

Pudd;209129 said:
Point taken. Good sides normally have 15 or 16 players SOMB. I never stated that Socals are a one man side, as you have players like Vernon , Johnson ect. However what I did state was (and this is only my opinion) that DC brings allot to the table and can change Socials fortunes. What he gives is the hitting abilty and some good line and length bowling with some late in-swing which is vital in this comp during the middle overs. Not many players in the comp can do this hence why he is the key player come FINALS time for you guys and in my honest opinion would be the difference.
The other 3 sides in the comp, don't have an all rounder like DC. Tapner good but doesn't bring that late swing to the table.

SOMB, this is only my opinion and I have been known to be wrong on most occasions :)

Agree that DC is a very important bowler for them through the middle overs but have noticed that O'brien and Vernon have not bowled a lot so far. Obviously not needed much. Both these bowlers are able to swing the ball and can be tight line and length bowlers and are just as handy. So i don't think they are all that short of bowling. Especially when you consider that they can bowl just as well as some of the actual recognised bowlers in this comp. Maybe one bat short. But notice Hourigan is back there. Handy replacement.

you'd want to hope so he owes the coaches alot for showing alot of faith in him by sticking with him all this time or you've invested alot of time in some1 for nothing and could be the finals down fall.

Pudd;209211 said:
Wasn't aware

planned an OS trip b4 fixtures or anything were done just unfortunate that it has fallen at finals time.
will be missed but not totally unreplacable.

seems u dont know everything like u make out u do

ROAD DOG;209207 said:

Wasn't aware

ROAD DOG;209253 said:
planned an OS trip b4 fixtures or anything were done just unfortunate that it has fallen at finals time.

is irreplacable and socials can win in finals inviroment without him seems to always be the one to get them going when the hit a lul

Re: this weeks games

Pudd;209129 said:
Point taken. Good sides normally have 15 or 16 players SOMB. I never stated that Socals are a one man side, as you have players like Vernon , Johnson ect. However what I did state was (and this is only my opinion) that DC brings allot to the table and can change Socials fortunes. What he gives is the hitting abilty and some good line and length bowling with some late in-swing which is vital in this comp during the middle overs. Not many players in the comp can do this hence why he is the key player come FINALS time for you guys and in my honest opinion would be the difference.
The other 3 sides in the comp, don't have an all rounder like DC. Tapner good but doesn't bring that late swing to the table.

SOMB, this is only my opinion and I have been known to be wrong on most occasions :)

Agree that DC is a very important bowler for them through the middle overs but have noticed that O'brien and Vernon have not bowled a lot so far. Obviously not needed much. Both these bowlers are able to swing the ball and can be tight line and length bowlers and are just as handy. So i don't think they are all that short of bowling. Especially when you consider that they can bowl just as well as some of the actual recognised bowlers in this comp. Maybe one bat short. But notice Hourigan is back there. Handy replacement.

Champ is here;209278 said:
is irreplacable and socials can win in finals inviroment without him seems to always be the one to get them going when the hit a lul

Can or cant?

Why cant they win without Campbell? They were going ok without him earlier in the season.

Pudd;209211 said:
Wasn't aware

mmvca;209308 said:
Can or cant?

Why cant they win without Campbell? They were going ok without him earlier in the season.
As some one who plays with DC can I just say new topic.He is only one player and his non selection has got its fair share of coverage on this forum.I think everyone has had there say.

Who is going to win te weeends games involving potential finalists based on the weekends scores to date.

Can there be 2 upsets East Coburg will have to bat extremely well to beat St Andrews but may have been a good batting track does anyone know.

Will haig get over the line game very much in the balance and a good partnership or a couple of quick wickets could swing the game dramaticlly.

I would imagine that St mary and socials should win from there strong positions.

Can glenroy sneak in to 4th.

ROAD DOG;209253 said:

mmvca;209308 said:
Can or cant?

finals is a different game and ive seen how he steps up in them and drags everyone up with him

Champ is here;209278 said:

Can or cant?

ROAD DOG;209253 said:

Mate, I don't know anyone in the whole comp personally, I just rate the player and how the hell was I suppose to know that DC, (A bloke that I have never met personally) was going on an overseas trip?

mmvca;209308 said:
Can or cant?

As some one who plays with DC can I just say new topic.He is only one player and his non selection has got its fair share of coverage on this forum.I think everyone has had there say.

Who is going to win te weeends games involving potential finalists based on the weekends scores to date.

Can there be 2 upsets East Coburg will have to bat extremely well to beat St Andrews but may have been a good batting track does anyone know.

Will haig get over the line game very much in the balance and a good partnership or a couple of quick wickets could swing the game dramaticlly.

I would imagine that St mary and socials should win from there strong positions.

son of milky bill;209323 said:

SOMB, I think if teams get on it will be bowlers conditions so chasing down St Andrews score would be a massive effort. Zoran would have to ton it up as I don't really rate the Khan twins, (If any of them is playing). Got to stick with St Andrews with that one.
Haig need 160 further runs. If Kunesevic wakes up on the right side of the bed Haig will win easily but your right it definately is in the balance. Speaking to the Umpire in charge of that game, it was really on for young and old with the Haig Players really getting stuck into the Sri Lankans. At One stage the Haig boys where warned about the sledging but they turned around to the Umpire and said "At least you understand what we are saying but as far as we are concerned they could be saying things about our mums for all we know". Quality
Agree with Socials and St Mary's.
SOMB, Is the comp a chance of a total wash out this weekend? Rain/ Showers till Tuesday next week apparently?

mmvca;209308 said:
Can or cant?

finals is a different game and ive seen how he steps up in them and drags everyone up with him

Pudd;209447 said:
SOMB, I think if teams get on it will be bowlers conditions so chasing down St Andrews score would be a massive effort. Zoran would have to ton it up as I don't really rate the Khan twins, (If any of them is playing). Got to stick with St Andrews with that one.
Haig need 160 further runs. If Kunesevic wakes up on the right side of the bed Haig will win easily but your right it definately is in the balance. Speaking to the Umpire in charge of that game, it was really on for young and old with the Haig Players really getting stuck into the Sri Lankans. At One stage the Haig boys where warned about the sledging but they turned around to the Umpire and said "At least you understand what we are saying but as far as we are concerned they could be saying things about our mums for all we know". Quality
SOMB, Is the comp a chance of a total wash out this weekend? Rain/ Showers till Tuesday next week apparently?
There would have to be a possibilty which would be a great help to East Coburg. They would stay in the 4. It would do nothing for the finals series and the 4 teams in the top 4 would remain there and in there current positions. Could be a scenario that few have thought of

ROAD DOG;209253 said:

Mate, I don't know anyone in the whole comp personally, I just rate the player and how the hell was I suppose to know that DC, (A bloke that I have never met personally) was going on an overseas trip?

I would imagine that St mary and socials should win from there strong position

The wicket was a little up and down at East Coburg,but to have 6 on the boundary for most of the game(????????) made it easy for two old hands to milk the runs all day.
Pouring rain at moment and would not be a good way to finish season,unless your already in.

Real cricket starts very shortly and then all the questions will be answered to the improvement,decline or otherwise of all teams in the finals.

The sleeping giant is slowly waking with the smell of finals so close and as stated in earlier posts,a champion team will always beat a team of champions.

F.O.S

F.O.S;209483 said:
The wicket was a little up and down at East Coburg,but to have 6 on the boundary for most of the game(????????) made it easy for two old hands to milk the runs all day.
Pouring rain at moment and would not be a good way to finish season,unless your already in.

Real cricket starts very shortly and then all the questions will be answered to the improvement,decline or otherwise of all teams in the finals.

The sleeping giant is slowly waking with the smell of finals so close and as stated in earlier posts,a champion team will always beat a team of champions.

F.O.S
sounds like you are a st andrews man f.o.s you would certainly have gained great confidence from the boys performance on the weekend. Providing you win or draw on the weekend you will go into the finals series being the most experienced team and playing against a socials team that you have beaten this year. Good signs but a very different socials team from the one that you beat convincingly earlier in the year.

Pudd;209447 said:
There would have to be a possibilty which would be a great help to East Coburg. They would stay in the 4. It would do nothing for the finals series and the 4 teams in the top 4 would remain there and in there current positions. Could be a scenario that few have thought of

son of milky bill;209657 said:
sounds like you are a st andrews man f.o.s you would certainly have gained great confidence from the boys performance on the weekend. Providing you win or draw on the weekend you will go into the finals series being the most experienced team and playing against a socials team that you have beaten this year. Good signs but a very different socials team from the one that you beat convincingly earlier in the year.

I agree and how good to see Socials,St Marys and East Coburg or Sunshine make the finals.
Harry,Darren and the boys(St Marys) have been sensational in the lead up to the finals and young Fitzy,Kingy and the boys are rolling along at the moment.
This says for a great finals series and anyone on their day could win this as all teams are showing good form at the moment.
Love my cricket and enjoy supporting,meeting and watching you guys perform and hopefully you will hear me for a few more weeks to come.
Always positive encouragement for all concerned and nothing gained by rubbishing opposition.

Definition of F.O.S

father of smoke
full of s--t
fossil

fit into at least two catergories

good luck fellas

I would imagine that St mary and socials should win from there strong position

F.O.S

Gee its great to see everyone so nice on here latley, different from some of the rubbish that has been written over the last few weeks.

Well the finals are nearly upon us.......

Will be interesting to see what the comp do this week with the matches. bad weather forecast for today, friday and Saturday. Will they call off matches and deny some teams a chance of playing finlas???? or wil they just leave it up to the clubs??? I reckon they'll call it off!

still have my money on Socials to sneak a premiership, although the odds have blown out a bit with DC not playing. Big loss, but someone will need to step up to the challenge.

I reckon a St Marys v Socials grand final.
just on another note........has there been any more news on the merger, some sources in the NWCA reckon its a goer and they want it for next year. Surely they couldnt be serious.

F.O.S;209483 said:

F.O.S

ALCOA;209813 said:
Gee its great to see everyone so nice on here latley, different from some of the rubbish that has been written over the last few weeks.

Will be interesting to see what the comp do this week with the matches. bad weather forecast for today, friday and Saturday. Will they call off matches and deny some teams a chance of playing finlas???? or wil they just leave it up to the clubs??? I reckon they'll call it off!

still have my money on Socials to sneak a premiership, although the odds have blown out a bit with DC not playing. Big loss, but someone will need to step up to the challenge.

just on another note........has there been any more news on the merger, some sources in the NWCA reckon its a goer and they want it for next year. Surely they couldnt be serious.
i dont think they will call it off as they will want to give each side a chance of making the finals but it will be interesting whichever way it goes

son of milky bill;209657 said:

I agree and how good to see Socials,St Marys and East Coburg or Sunshine make the finals.
Harry,Darren and the boys(St Marys) have been sensational in the lead up to the finals and young Fitzy,Kingy and the boys are rolling along at the moment.
This says for a great finals series and anyone on their day could win this as all teams are showing good form at the moment.
Love my cricket and enjoy supporting,meeting and watching you guys perform and hopefully you will hear me for a few more weeks to come.
Always positive encouragement for all concerned and nothing gained by rubbishing opposition.

Definition of F.O.S

father of smoke
full of s--t
fossil

fit into at least two catergories

good luck fellas

ALCOA;209813 said:

ALCOA,

Read posts from before the start of the season. There was a few posts about it then.

Also, last week you said St Marys would get flogged outright against West Coburg, yet now your saying that St Marys will be in the Grand Final! Im confused.

mmvca;209887 said:
ALCOA,

Read posts from before the start of the season. There was a few posts about it then.

Also, last week you said St Marys would get flogged outright against West Coburg, yet now your saying that St Marys will be in the Grand Final! Im confused.

yeah i thought they would get flogged against West Cob and have a bad loss before the finals. I thingkSt Marys are a good even side and needed a loss before the finals series. I still think they'll make the GF but wont win it this year. if they are consistent again in 08/09 then it might be their year.

anyway time will tell. no doubt mmvca you play at St Marys!

ALCOA;209813 said:

i dont think they will call it off as they will want to give each side a chance of making the finals but it will be interesting whichever way it goes

son of milky bill;209830 said:

SOMB- going by previous history who knows what they'll decide. Maybe Bomber on the wet weather team needs to be out there tommorrow giving his opinion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back