mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Goneforaduck;212266 said:
Day 2 -St. Mary's v Easts?

St Marys home easy in the end.

We had to fight though. Easts were 1/84 after 47 overs, and we rolled them for 123.

Look forward to next week. I just cannot wait to see what is written on here this week. How many times will a certain game get brought up i wonder?

And Knightsy, always look forward to seeing the socials boys.@|

mmvca;212271 said:

We had to fight though. Easts were 1/84 after 47 overs, and we rolled them for 123.

Look forward to next week. I just cannot wait to see what is written on here this week. How many times will a certain game get brought up i wonder?

Good Job!
May the best side win! Here's hopping for good weather.

mmvca;212271 said:

nice suck up there harry

St Andrews to do it comfortably for back to back flags for mine. To much experience and a quality all round unit. Good luck to both teams.

Well done to Stmarys and Standrews a holy battle awaits! Stsocials will be bigger and better in 08/09! well done lads for a good season anyway!

bluebaggers.com;212202 said:
Long time reader and first time poster..... Saints player at least...

Saints home easy!

St Andrews SMASHED Socials, Led by 'Smoke' Newton and Scotty with the ball, Jolly made 70 odd.

Bring on next weekend.......

i seriously hope that "smoke" does not refer to the guys pace because he is not overly quick.
As for scotty bowled great very crafty & very smart bowler

mmvca;212271 said:

Good Job!
May the best side win! Here's hopping for good weather.

cdca;212277 said:
Well done to Stmarys and Standrews a holy battle awaits! Stsocials will be bigger and better in 08/09! well done lads for a good season anyway!

To the Saints well done & i think will go all the way.

As for our boys at the Socials well done to all who took part in A grade this year was a pleasure to be a part of that unit.
done very well for a club that alot of people didnt rate early days and thought would go nowhere. Good stuff boys hang in at the club because big things are not far away for our playing group.

GO SOCIALS

St Andrews to do it comfortably for back to back flags for mine. To much experience and a quality all round unit. Good luck to both teams.

In the opinion of the readers of this MMVCA thread in order for Saint Mary's to win what do they need to do??? Likewise for Saint Andrews to win what will they need to do? eg. Who needs to get runs or take wickets or make sure they limit danger players from the opposition? Any big match ups?

Saints home easy!

St Andrews SMASHED Socials, Led by 'Smoke' Newton and Scotty with the ball, Jolly made 70 odd.

i seriously hope that "smoke" does not refer to the guys pace because he is not overly quick.

intrigued24;211966 said:
have fun having length balls go past your nose you ************** wankers...
sounds fun to me defending scores under 100 haha
bigheaded wankers.
better then playing mats and believing your a champ for making runs on easy to bat on wickets with lightning fast outfields. Didn't a team in your comp make 365 in a semi final on the weekend and get rolled. Each cmp has its merits. As someone who has played A grade cricket in both comps (haven't played in NWCA for about 5 years but my dad is an umpire in NWCA). They are both fairly comparitive in standard Although the standout players in your comp seem to be batters where as we have players who excel in both area's the test for NWCA players would be if the game was on turf that would seperate the 2 sides. Don't base judgement on our comp from te combined game as like everyone has said it would have been like playing our 4th best team. You are the one who is going on other comps forum pages and telling them how good you are and your comp is we are just answering your questions so maybe you are the bigheaded ************ for telling us all how good you supposedly are. With arrogance like that I can only assume that you play for Gladstone Park hopefully you do as you lost in the finals on the weekend you tool

cdca;212277 said:

To the Saints well done & i think will go all the way.

As for our boys at the Socials well done to all who took part in A grade this year was a pleasure to be a part of that unit.
done very well for a club that alot of people didnt rate early days and thought would go nowhere. Good stuff boys hang in at the club because big things are not far away for our playing group.

GO SOCIALS

In the opinion of the readers of this MMVCA thread in order for Saint Mary's to win what do they need to do??? Likewise for Saint Andrews to win what will they need to do? eg. Who needs to get runs or take wickets or make sure they limit danger players from the opposition? Any big match ups?

ROAD DOG;212286 said:

Smoke is Hot and I'm sure in the final he will amp it up. I didnt see the St Andrews - Socials game but I know they are a different team with scotty and smoke both in the team. I think they will be too strong in the final. They have a great top 7 batsmen with no weak links and with Nev Taylor and jolley in form they will be hard to knock over. Also watch for Jimmy. He tonned up last time against St Mary's and is an under rated batsmen.

intrigued24;211966 said:
have fun having length balls go past your nose you ************** wankers...
sounds fun to me defending scores under 100 haha
bigheaded wankers.
better then playing mats and believing your a champ for making runs on easy to bat on wickets with lightning fast outfields. Didn't a team in your comp make 365 in a semi final on the weekend and get rolled. Each cmp has its merits. As someone who has played A grade cricket in both comps (haven't played in NWCA for about 5 years but my dad is an umpire in NWCA). They are both fairly comparitive in standard Although the standout players in your comp seem to be batters where as we have players who excel in both area's the test for NWCA players would be if the game was on turf that would seperate the 2 sides. Don't base judgement on our comp from te combined game as like everyone has said it would have been like playing our 4th best team. You are the one who is going on other comps forum pages and telling them how good you are and your comp is we are just answering your questions so maybe you are the bigheaded ************ for telling us all how good you supposedly are. With arrogance like that I can only assume that you play for Gladstone Park hopefully you do as you lost in the finals on the weekend you tool

Saints home easy!

based on your arrogance i would say that you are "smoke" newton. You are the only one with a bit of c*nt in you at that club so hence the only one who would come one here and jaw off. Good performance by your boys but as for smoke I think you mite need to tone tha down a bit. No one in the mmvca at present is smoke. If you disagree then you cant bat. I am a guy who bats at 8 as well so hardly a credentialled batter. You and wernham got majority of your wickets from poor sroke play by socials. Jolley was the key to your win

upthesaints;212316 said:
The keys to St Andrews as I found out on the weekend are as follows.

Early wickets to wernham/newton. Both become extremely playable and runs will come a lot easier from them as there spell goes on so dont play big shots early and have wickets in hand because apart from the 2 openers and tappener they have no bowling depth. Based on watching them against east coburg not our game as we didnt get that far down the order of bowlers.

Jolley and taylor are the keys with the bat Nev willl just work te ball around and will be hapy to bat for time smart player. Jolley will be more aggressive and play his shots. Cant afford to bowl too staright to either of these 2 love te ball on their pads. Nag away outside off stump to both jolley will hit in the air and will hopefully miss time one.

As for St mary's not sure we played them round 1 and cant remember too much about them

ROAD DOG;212286 said:

Smoke is Hot and I'm sure in the final he will amp it up. I didnt see the St Andrews - Socials game but I know they are a different team with scotty and smoke both in the team. I think they will be too strong in the final. They have a great top 7 batsmen with no weak links and with Nev Taylor and jolley in form they will be hard to knock over. Also watch for Jimmy. He tonned up last time against St Mary's and is an under rated batsmen.

I have only moved to the comp this year and want to know why st andrews is disliked. I have only played them once and found them one of the for friendly teams in the comp. We had a very close game with them and they played hard cricket but jolley and a few other stayed around for a drink afterwards and they were good blokes.

Saints home easy!

based on your arrogance i would say that you are "smoke" newton. You are the only one with a bit of c*nt in you at that club so hence the only one who would come one here and jaw off. Good performance by your boys but as for smoke I think you mite need to tone tha down a bit. No one in the mmvca at present is smoke. If you disagree then you cant bat. I am a guy who bats at 8 as well so hardly a credentialled batter. You and wernham got majority of your wickets from poor sroke play by socials. Jolley was the key to your win

upthesaints;212316 said:
The keys to St Andrews as I found out on the weekend are as follows.

Early wickets to wernham/newton. Both become extremely playable and runs will come a lot easier from them as there spell goes on so dont play big shots early and have wickets in hand because apart from the 2 openers and tappener they have no bowling depth. Based on watching them against east coburg not our game as we didnt get that far down the order of bowlers.

Jolley and taylor are the keys with the bat Nev willl just work te ball around and will be hapy to bat for time smart player. Jolley will be more aggressive and play his shots. Cant afford to bowl too staright to either of these 2 love te ball on their pads. Nag away outside off stump to both jolley will hit in the air and will hopefully miss time one.

As for St mary's not sure we played them round 1 and cant remember too much about them

So there are two sides left. what has been the high lights and low lights of season. any new gun players or any vetrans that have stepped up to the mark again.

I have only moved to the comp this year and want to know why st andrews is disliked. I have only played them once and found them one of the for friendly teams in the comp. We had a very close game with them and they played hard cricket but jolley and a few other stayed around for a drink afterwards and they were good blokes.

son of milky bill;212354 said:

No worries. Smoke is 'quick' and a top bloke to boot. Arrogance? Give me a break. Do not be so quick to judge and suggest I am anything but.

I am just a player who loves the club. A great club and TEAM.

So there are two sides left. what has been the high lights and low lights of season. any new gun players or any vetrans that have stepped up to the mark again.

No worries. Smoke is 'quick' and a top bloke to boot. Arrogance? Give me a break. Do not be so quick to judge and suggest I am anything but.

I am just a player who loves the club. A great club and TEAM.

ROAD DOG;212286 said:

I have to agree with Road Dog here. There aren't really any bowlers around at the moment that are going to have you jumping around too much or making it very unpleasant to bat. Vik Chand and "Snowy" Redgwell were probaly the last two bowlers from our comp and for our standard, that had a bit and could really make you hurry your shots.

Sour grapes and inaccurate comments mean nothing.
You guys had a sensational year and should be proud of where you finished,my boys(5) all play the game hard and to win and to think he would write this is a joke.

F.O.S;212417 said:
You guys had a sensational year and should be proud of where you finished,my boys(5) all play the game hard and to win and to think he would write this is a joke.

Don't worry about them 'F.O.S'......

I just reported the facts as I was told them.

The fact that Milky saw further into it is a joke. Smoke is a ripping bloke and cricketer to boot.

A chip off the old block?

ROAD DOG;212286 said:

I have to agree with Road Dog here. There aren't really any bowlers around at the moment that are going to have you jumping around too much or making it very unpleasant to bat. Vik Chand and "Snowy" Redgwell were probaly the last two bowlers from our comp and for our standard, that had a bit and could really make you hurry your shots.

F.O.S;212417 said:
sour grapes not at all you guys where significantly better on the weekend and deserve to win. I was just purely commenting on the fact that the boys is not smoke he did bowl a lot of good balls on the weekend but the majority of his wickets where from bad shots as opposed to great deliveries. Now given the fact I am pretty sure you are his father I can understand why this would upset you but I have seen him play the last few weeks and he does come across disrespectful as he has made gestures to easts and socials the last few games when wickets have been taken but he is young and will grow out of it hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back