Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

old hack;235087 said:
Why would anyone respond!!!!!

3 losses in 2 years of cricket, mmmmmmmm

Should have finished on top both years, mmmmmm

2 flags, mmmmmm

hey they were very lucky last season....St Marys hold a catch or 2 and the result would be reversed.

But as of said before catches win matches!

Start Oct 4 - First 2 games are one day matches.
Then Five 2 day matches which takes us up to December 20.
Four 2 day matches after Xmas starting Jan 10.

RooBoy;235170 said:
hey they were very lucky last season....St Marys hold a catch or 2 and the result would be reversed.

Totally agree, if your going to drop 10+ catches you don't deserve to win it.
That wasn't the point. It is the lack of respect for the rest of the compition when your not that far in front of the pack, as us old school know it's the quickest way to come crashing down.

Deano;235202 said:
Bomber to you know the date the season starts and if so does it start with 2 one dayers and then go to 2 day cricket???

I can answer that for you.

Season starts October 4 with two one day games, then the rest are scheduled as 2 day games.

Possible that the first game after Xmas will be split into 2 x one-dayers if we lose a round before then.

Hope that helps!

Can't bowl can't bat;235196 said:
Totally agree, if your going to drop 10+ catches you don't deserve to win it.
That wasn't the point. It is the lack of respect for the rest of the compition when your not that far in front of the pack, as us old school know it's the quickest way to come crashing down.

Thats a stupid comment.

How someone can show a lack of respect on a blog when 50% of the stuff in here is b.s and some who are faceless so people could write basically anything.

Pumping up your own club is not a lack of respect. If it was said that "x" team was terrible and had no hope then that myabe something to query.

Most teams think they have half a chance to win, so saying it will be hard to win 3 in a row is common sense, not lack of respect.

p.s both teams fielded terribly last year in the gf.

Bomber to you know the date the season starts and if so does it start with 2 one dayers and then go to 2 day cricket???

RooBoy;234944 said:
yeah you guys have been good on field. good committee, captain etc PLUS not to mention a healthy salary cap to fit in all those star players!!!!
;)
RooBoy I can tell you that there is no big salary cap at St Andrews. In the bylaws of the comp it say's somewhere that you can only pay 1 coach or player. So with Lumpy as treasure I can tell you that is what happens. All the star players that you talk about play at our club because they want to. Just ask the players that have held talks with our club over the off season and have been told that we only pay one player. It is funny to see on this site that they have now left their clubs and have gone to other clubs. I will not mention their names. So if anybody is paying players I think it must be them. And I know for a fact that other clubs have been paying players for years, and also some clubs have been paying players to turn up to training. And I can tell you St Andrews only pay 1 person.

Start Oct 4 - First 2 games are one day matches.
Then Five 2 day matches which takes us up to December 20.
Four 2 day matches after Xmas starting Jan 10.

Can't bowl can't bat;234953 said:
Harder this year what a joke, you fell in last season. Get over yourselfs you fat heads!!!!
can't bowl can't bat
I do not know why you think we are fat heads!!!
You answered yourself ?? if you think we fell in last year than this year will be harder won't it.

Deano;235202 said:

I can answer that for you.

Season starts October 4 with two one day games, then the rest are scheduled as 2 day games.

Possible that the first game after Xmas will be split into 2 x one-dayers if we lose a round before then.

Hope that helps!

RooBoy;234944 said:
yeah you guys have been good on field. good committee, captain etc PLUS not to mention a healthy salary cap to fit in all those star players!!!!
;)
RooBoy I can tell you that there is no big salary cap at St Andrews. In the bylaws of the comp it say's somewhere that you can only pay 1 coach or player. So with Lumpy as treasure I can tell you that is what happens. All the star players that you talk about play at our club because they want to. Just ask the players that have held talks with our club over the off season and have been told that we only pay one player. It is funny to see on this site that they have now left their clubs and have gone to other clubs. I will not mention their names. So if anybody is paying players I think it must be them. And I know for a fact that other clubs have been paying players for years, and also some clubs have been paying players to turn up to training. And I can tell you St Andrews only pay 1 person.

RooBoy;235170 said:

Thats right because St.Andrews didnt drop any catches, pffff we dropped about 6 catches and i know because i dropped about 4 of the bastards. Sure if you fielded better than us you woulda won, but fact of the matter is you fielded just as poorly, so end of the day the better team won.

Can't bowl can't bat;234953 said:
Harder this year what a joke, you fell in last season. Get over yourselfs you fat heads!!!!
can't bowl can't bat
I do not know why you think we are fat heads!!!
You answered yourself ?? if you think we fell in last year than this year will be harder won't it.

RooBoy;235170 said:

Can't we just celebrate a fantastic Grand Final, both teams would have been worthy winners.

What about the other 100 what if's that would have turned the result around do we only remember the one that suits your comment??

Good luck to everyone this year and lets see the cricket doing the talking not faceless people with ill comments.

Guess what!!!!

None of us are much good at cricket thats why we play in a local comp with our mates!!! I reckon the social side of our club is why I play and why I travel 40 minutes to get to training and spend time with my mates.

I don't expect St Andrews to win 3 flags in a row as history will tell us it is almost impossible, but I can guarantee we will have a great time together trying.

banno36;235053 said:
The word is that both McGowan's have gone back to Pascoe Vale along with Mark Pallini so the bowling stocks will be vastly improved down there.

Anyone know how the Redbacks are travelling at the moment and if they've 'acquired' anyone down at Shore Reserve?

Does that mean we will see the annual article in the local about Pacoe challenging for the flag.:D

From what I've heard they have lost a couple of fringe players from their A grade side but besides Tarek, pretty much will have what we saw last season.
I think they will be a better side without Tarek and definately a top 4 side.

RooBoy;235170 said:

Thats right because St.Andrews didnt drop any catches, pffff we dropped about 6 catches and i know because i dropped about 4 of the bastards. Sure if you fielded better than us you woulda won, but fact of the matter is you fielded just as poorly, so end of the day the better team won.

So guys, the season is fast approaching and so far there has been alot of talk about last years GF and so, which was a great testament to our game and obviously the best GF in recent years in our comp. But lets start talking about this year, and who we all think will be:
- Premiers
- Top 4
- Big Improvers/ who'll drop off the pace
- Top Recruits
- Players to watch

On the fly, does anyone know why this competition is finding it so hard to find decent spin bowlers? Our club is desperate for spin bowlers, so if anyone is interested, you can private message me.

Good luck to all clubs this year.

RooBoy;235170 said:

Can't we just celebrate a fantastic Grand Final, both teams would have been worthy winners.

What about the other 100 what if's that would have turned the result around do we only remember the one that suits your comment??

Good luck to everyone this year and lets see the cricket doing the talking not faceless people with ill comments.

Guess what!!!!

None of us are much good at cricket thats why we play in a local comp with our mates!!! I reckon the social side of our club is why I play and why I travel 40 minutes to get to training and spend time with my mates.

I don't expect St Andrews to win 3 flags in a row as history will tell us it is almost impossible, but I can guarantee we will have a great time together trying.

Schnauzer;235307 said:
So guys, the season is fast approaching and so far there has been alot of talk about last years GF and so, which was a great testament to our game and obviously the best GF in recent years in our comp. But lets start talking about this year, and who we all think will be:
- Premiers
- Top 4
- Top Recruits
- Players to watch

On the fly, does anyone know why this competition is finding it so hard to find decent spin bowlers? Our club is desperate for spin bowlers, so if anyone is interested, you can private message me.

As a general rule I think captains dont really know how to fully utilise a spinner in this competition. I feel if a spinner gets hit for a boundry or 2 in an over it usually results in the spinner getting dragged. They generally dont have the faith and confidence in them to truely play a big part in the game. As I said this I feel is true in general there are obviously exceptions. Interested to hear other peoples view's on this one.

Crasher and Dave Jolley was a good example of when a skipper had alot of faith in he's spinner and he was generally well utilised.

banno36;235053 said:
The word is that both McGowan's have gone back to Pascoe Vale along with Mark Pallini so the bowling stocks will be vastly improved down there.

Anyone know how the Redbacks are travelling at the moment and if they've 'acquired' anyone down at Shore Reserve?

Does that mean we will see the annual article in the local about Pacoe challenging for the flag.:D

From what I've heard they have lost a couple of fringe players from their A grade side but besides Tarek, pretty much will have what we saw last season.
I think they will be a better side without Tarek and definately a top 4 side.

What about Hunter from St.Marys, has good line and nice flight?

- Premiers
- Top 4
- Top Recruits
- Players to watch

batdocter;235506 said:

that spinner that played for st andrews last year after crash got injured was pretty handy. :)

Schnauzer;235307 said:
- Premiers
- Top 4
- Top Recruits
- Players to watch

As a general rule I think captains dont really know how to fully utilise a spinner in this competition. I feel if a spinner gets hit for a boundry or 2 in an over it usually results in the spinner getting dragged. They generally dont have the faith and confidence in them to truely play a big part in the game. As I said this I feel is true in general there are obviously exceptions. Interested to hear other peoples view's on this one.

Crasher and Dave Jolley was a good example of when a skipper had alot of faith in he's spinner and he was generally well utilised.

batdocter;235506 said:

I'm not saying that there isn't any (or we haven't had any) decent spin bowlers, but they are defintely few and far between at the moment. I think Hunter and Harris both played a vital part in getting St Marys into the GF last year when bowling through the middle overs.

There was a spinner playing in C Turf a few years ago, I think he took over 30wickets for the year, his Captain knew when to bring him on to "Rap up a game" Had the oppostion in all sorts of trouble most games.

batdocter;235506 said:

that spinner that played for st andrews last year after crash got injured was pretty handy. :)

Hirdy05_;235542 said:
There was a spinner playing in C Turf a few years ago, I think he took over 30wickets for the year, his Captain knew when to bring him on to "Rap up a game" Had the oppostion in all sorts of trouble most games.

Punky Gleisner from Merlo was pretty handy on his day. Hermanson from pacco used to be a pretty good leg spinner.

much harder to find a good one these days. I reckon the problem is spinners in our comp dont get enough respect and batsmen try to smash them around. And you only got a get a 4 or two each over and the spinner will be off.

batdocter;235506 said:

I'm not saying that there isn't any (or we haven't had any) decent spin bowlers, but they are defintely few and far between at the moment. I think Hunter and Harris both played a vital part in getting St Marys into the GF last year when bowling through the middle overs.

Schnauzer;235307 said:
- Premiers
- Top 4
- Top Recruits
- Players to watch

Preimers - west Coburg
Top 4 - (no particular order) - West Coburg, St Andrews, St Francis and Merlo
Big improvers - Merlo
Off the pace - East Coburg
Not sure about top recruits
Players to watch - Appleyard will take 35+ wickets. Summerfield to win MVP medal. Sunshine Heights to finish last behind Haig and Pacco.

Once again Punky will be on board bowling his non spinning leg breaks this season:D, plus we will have another spinner on board who has been bowling very well at training. Young player who has improved a lot since last season.

Hirdy05_;235542 said:

Punky Gleisner from Merlo was pretty handy on his day. Hermanson from pacco used to be a pretty good leg spinner.

much harder to find a good one these days. I reckon the problem is spinners in our comp dont get enough respect and batsmen try to smash them around. And you only got a get a 4 or two each over and the spinner will be off.

A.Hussey;232517 said:
ive never questioned deano's character. his cricket is built on character but that is only cause he has no ability:)
you no i love u deano, am already teary thinging about the sat arvo sessions Im goin to miss this year[/QUOTE

I am going to be sick,if you two dont stop this verbal lovemaking.

Good blokes,but it is obvious why you couldn't make my number one stable listening to the babble coming from you guys !!!!!

F.O.S

Schnauzer;235307 said:
- Premiers
- Top 4
- Top Recruits
- Players to watch

Preimers - west Coburg
Top 4 - (no particular order) - West Coburg, St Andrews, St Francis and Merlo
Big improvers - Merlo
Off the pace - East Coburg
Not sure about top recruits
Players to watch - Appleyard will take 35+ wickets. Summerfield to win MVP medal. Sunshine Heights to finish last behind Haig and Pacco.

Deano;232476 said:
This might sound a bit rich coming from a player at a club that "apparently" pays heaps, but what sort of cash would they demand to play in a matting comp???

My thinking is that it would have to be significant to change clubs (leave their mates) but i find it hard to believe that these clubs have that money to spend on players.

Maybe players who had a falling out with their clubs will leave, but for the sake of 50-100 bucks or whatever it is just seems weird.

I am not having a go at either of them, they can do what they like, but just for curiositys sake i would love to know an amount.

Cricket at our level is purely social, we are no better than that, and paying players to switch teams is not what these comps should be about.

I know i am not a respected mmvca figure, and i am not taking the moral high ground, it just seems very confusing.

Would love to get some feedback on this.

FOS, no wonder you drive such a fancy car.

p.s. i know i will cop plak for this post, but rest assured it will be my only informative post for the year

Have another new car Jimmy.

Pre-season trading has been real good to me this year.

$30.00 wicket,$1.00 per run easy to get if your chasing money and can play.

I have been too busy with the new Gold Coast franchise to concentate on local matters,but i am back and have the pencil sharpened for what,i know will be another fulfilling year.

F.O.S

Once again Punky will be on board bowling his non spinning leg breaks this season:D, plus we will have another spinner on board who has been bowling very well at training. Young player who has improved a lot since last season.

RooBoy;234944 said:
;)

It is sounding real obvious some of you boys need the F.O.S to manage your affairs and then you would stop whingeing about salary caps etc

Remember it's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog !!!!!!!

Very philisophical there F.O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back