mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Really not looking good at all weather wise for Friday and Saturday. If it 'actually' does rain:eek: that is......

That Cole wicket will struggle with any rain, same as Hallam from what I saw on the weekend.

the good bowlers are the ones that win the flags and you'd have to say they are currently newton costello and ward

any1 who has played ones premier cricket in this competition put that is under 40 put your hand up? watch out for lister you clowns

sm are pretenders

Cole Reserve;278762 said:
Really not looking good at all weather wise for Friday and Saturday. If it 'actually' does rain:eek: that is......

That Cole wicket will struggle with any rain, same as Hallam from what I saw on the weekend.

I agree that Cole can't afford to have any rain on it (match was close to being abandoned last week).

Hallam had 270 odd runs scored on it, our boys thought it played very well.

burrito;278917 said:
the good bowlers are the ones that win the flags and you'd have to say they are currently newton costello and ward

any1 who has played ones premier cricket in this competition put that is under 40 put your hand up? watch out for lister you clowns

sm are pretenders

IF by sm you mean St Mary's i think if they can scrape a win this round then they might not be pretenders...

GeeCeeCee;278627 said:
Of the blokes i have faced, excluding Glenroy (where i obviously play), the quality bowlers are the usual suspects, Newton, Costello, Adams, Barker & Summerfield (I think Fitzy and Pittsy have been a huge loss to MMVCA bowling stocks this year, both young and willing, along with Campbell). As Diligaf mentioned ealrier, i have faced Ward for years in the nets and he continues to impress and bowls himself into the ground. The other thing with all these guys mentioned is that they are all quality blokes. Noteable omission is Stevenson (seems to keep taking wickets but i don't remember facing him) and H Perera (haven't faced him either)

In saying this, St Mary's are a well rounded bowling attack and don't seem to rely on anyone bowler. I think alot of teams struggle with variety in their line up and quality spinning options are few and far between. Your thoughts?

Lets go one step further guys, who has the best bowling attack in the comp and why?

And batting line up?
Summerfeild yer na , but as i said a while ago this comp and the tracks we play on make shit players look good and good players look very average, so if your mental side of your game isnt right then youll fail most times.

G.Geogiou;277882 said:
i must say i am so proud of east coburg cricket club and announcing our 500th player Lister Cooray! i believe our results on field prove what a strong club we are and that we are a force in this competition

i am also extremely happy that our association is getting fantastic exposure from this site!

well done MMVCA

Ah, Mr Geogiou, still pumping your club up, good to see. Haven't seen you in yonks, you should know who l am, just think of the Socials, lol :cool:

sm are pretenders

burrito;278917 said:

sm are pretenders

Plenty of cricketers have been given opportunities that they are not entitled to. Remember Scot Muller, Paul Wilson, Matthew Nicholson, Gavin Robertson to name a few who all got picked for Australia. It is not a measure of their ability as to how high they play. That is simply a measure of how determined, how fortunate, or how many c**ks they are prepared to suck. Yours possibly one of them

Many average cricketers play at a level higher than there ability warrants. Only the quality ones who can consistently perform there over a number of years can say that they truly belonged there. Plenty of cricketers in this comp have done that, at this level, who deserve more respect than any blow-in premier cricket first player that couldn't cut it.

burrito;278917 said:

sm are pretenders

IF by sm you mean St Mary's i think if they can scrape a win this round then they might not be pretenders...

Komodo Dragon;278994 said:
Plenty of cricketers have been given opportunities that they are not entitled to. Remember Scot Muller, Paul Wilson, Matthew Nicholson, Gavin Robertson to name a few who all got picked for Australia. It is not a measure of their ability as to how high they play. That is simply a measure of how determined, how fortunate, or how many c**ks they are prepared to suck. Yours possibly one of them

Many average cricketers play at a level higher than there ability warrants. Only the quality ones who can consistently perform there over a number of years can say that they truly belonged there. Plenty of cricketers in this comp have done that, at this level, who deserve more respect than any blow-in premier cricket first player that couldn't cut it.

You're a hard man Dragon!!

G.Geogiou;277882 said:
i must say i am so proud of east coburg cricket club and announcing our 500th player Lister Cooray! i believe our results on field prove what a strong club we are and that we are a force in this competition

i am also extremely happy that our association is getting fantastic exposure from this site!

well done MMVCA

Ah, Mr Geogiou, still pumping your club up, good to see. Haven't seen you in yonks, you should know who l am, just think of the Socials, lol :cool:

GeeCeeCee;278627 said:
Of the blokes i have faced, excluding Glenroy (where i obviously play), the quality bowlers are the usual suspects, Newton, Costello, Adams, Barker & Summerfield (I think Fitzy and Pittsy have been a huge loss to MMVCA bowling stocks this year, both young and willing, along with Campbell). As Diligaf mentioned ealrier, i have faced Ward for years in the nets and he continues to impress and bowls himself into the ground. The other thing with all these guys mentioned is that they are all quality blokes. Noteable omission is Stevenson (seems to keep taking wickets but i don't remember facing him) and H Perera (haven't faced him either)

In saying this, St Mary's are a well rounded bowling attack and don't seem to rely on anyone bowler. I think alot of teams struggle with variety in their line up and quality spinning options are few and far between. Your thoughts?

Lets go one step further guys, who has the best bowling attack in the comp and why?

And batting line up?

Stevenson can be fairly sharp when on song, but tends to bowl a fraction short! Grant from St Marys has been an honest bowler over the year, not express, but servicable.

Interesting to read that no one has mentioned bowling stocks from Merlo or Pacco!!?? Punky has earned his stripes as a decent slow bowler and his son seems to be on the rise....what about Pacco? Are they just crap?

Best Bowling attack is St Andrews or St Francis, they have good variations.

Best batting - Glenroy when on song can be quite tough to get out and St Marys have a good top order.

I think the days of the quick bowlers (Black, Chamra, Snowy and co) are long gone and the good bats (Culpin, Bell, Liberman etc) have gone too.

Oh the old days!!

burrito;278917 said:

sm are pretenders

bomber27;278772 said:
I agree that Cole can't afford to have any rain on it (match was close to being abandoned last week).

The wicket was placid at Hallam once it settled down. Very wet and muddy either side however. The young opener batted very well. No false shots, very compact and composed.

You're a hard man Dragon!!

No arguments about blokes being given chances they don't deserve but there are guys that couldn't make it and there are guys that chose to do something else. Big difference.

You can not compare 'this level' to Premier Cricket....lol....no matter how many c*cks 90% of us sucked we would not make it past the 3rds in Premier Cricket - me included. :D

Lets focus on promoting and highlighting performances and people in this comp instead of slagging teams and players eh? :cool:

Back to cricket - what are the chances of getting any games under way this week? Any early mail from the MMVCA? :confused:

GeeCeeCee;278627 said:

And batting line up?

Stevenson can be fairly sharp when on song, but tends to bowl a fraction short! Grant from St Marys has been an honest bowler over the year, not express, but servicable.

Interesting to read that no one has mentioned bowling stocks from Merlo or Pacco!!?? Punky has earned his stripes as a decent slow bowler and his son seems to be on the rise....what about Pacco? Are they just crap?

Best Bowling attack is St Andrews or St Francis, they have good variations.

Best batting - Glenroy when on song can be quite tough to get out and St Marys have a good top order.

I think the days of the quick bowlers (Black, Chamra, Snowy and co) are long gone and the good bats (Culpin, Bell, Liberman etc) have gone too.

Oh the old days!!

putabellintheball;279068 said:
No arguments about blokes being given chances they don't deserve but there are guys that couldn't make it and there are guys that chose to do something else. Big difference.

You can not compare 'this level' to Premier Cricket....lol....no matter how many c*cks 90% of us sucked we would not make it past the 3rds in Premier Cricket - me included. :D

Lets focus on promoting and highlighting performances and people in this comp instead of slagging teams and players eh? :cool:

Back to cricket - what are the chances of getting any games under way this week? Any early mail from the MMVCA? :confused:

Highly unlikely.

bomber27;278772 said:

The wicket was placid at Hallam once it settled down. Very wet and muddy either side however. The young opener batted very well. No false shots, very compact and composed.

putabellintheball;279068 said:

Highly unlikely.

RooBoy;279101 said:
so are covers going down??

Covers are not going down as the wickets are already to wet. Wickets will be inspected at 8am tomorrow morning.
If we had put covers down then there would be no way we would be playing.

no one was saying i truly belonged there, 2 guys on here decided to say something positive before you jumped in and thanks anyway rooboy and burrito...i appreciate the comments but there is really no need for any hype here, i am a "has been", just playing to keep active!

my batting coach passed away (john scholes) and i decided to have a break from cricket and concentrate on other things that helped me express my loss of such a great person in scholesy. so im returning and doing it for john who has been an inspiration to me ever since i was 13 years old so think again before you make stupid comments. you dont know me or what i have been through so worry about your own game mr. cricket.

I left because i "couldnt cut it" haha yes thats the reason... i was 15, you think i would make a decision to quit cricket when i had just broken into the premier side. do some research b4 you post tripe.

its always the ones with no ability who have to resort to sledging and putting everyone else down who actually did the hard work to get somewhere.

you make your own luck mate

RooBoy;279101 said:
so are covers going down??

Covers are not going down as the wickets are already to wet. Wickets will be inspected at 8am tomorrow morning.
If we had put covers down then there would be no way we would be playing.

no one was saying i truly belonged there, 2 guys on here decided to say something positive before you jumped in and thanks anyway rooboy and burrito...i appreciate the comments but there is really no need for any hype here, i am a "has been", just playing to keep active!

my batting coach passed away (john scholes) and i decided to have a break from cricket and concentrate on other things that helped me express my loss of such a great person in scholesy. so im returning and doing it for john who has been an inspiration to me ever since i was 13 years old so think again before you make stupid comments. you dont know me or what i have been through so worry about your own game mr. cricket.

I left because i "couldnt cut it" haha yes thats the reason... i was 15, you think i would make a decision to quit cricket when i had just broken into the premier side. do some research b4 you post tripe.

its always the ones with no ability who have to resort to sledging and putting everyone else down who actually did the hard work to get somewhere.

you make your own luck mate

first up ton;279135 said:
He will be there, if you stop doing rain dances.

I'm already in my whites waiting for the rain to clear so we can take the points off you guys!
Be positive please and pray that the rain clears off..
I'm happy to send a message to god for you.

Just heard the lovely Lavinia Nixon say that there will be no rain for the rest of the night...
With the current strong winds it may dry grounds out for there to be play tomorrow..
Game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back