mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;279154 said:
Just heard the lovely Lavinia Nixon say that there will be no rain for the rest of the night...
With the current strong winds it may dry grounds out for there to be play tomorrow..
Game on.

We wont play tomorrow. Your rain dance will make sure of it. And if we do play, try and catch better than you did last week. LOL

first up ton;279135 said:
He will be there, if you stop doing rain dances.

I'm already in my whites waiting for the rain to clear so we can take the points off you guys!
Be positive please and pray that the rain clears off..
I'm happy to send a message to god for you.

Just heard the lovely Lavinia Nixon say that there will be no rain for the rest of the night...
With the current strong winds it may dry grounds out for there to be play tomorrow..
Game on.

Game on.

I think Lavinia got it wrong. There's a big down pour coming.

Game on.

We wont play tomorrow. Your rain dance will make sure of it. And if we do play, try and catch better than you did last week. LOL

first up ton;279188 said:

Ha ha, old mate is not going to like being made fun on here for dropping that catch....
I'm sure if he knew who you were he would have some advice for you!
Now run along First up Ton, mummys calling you for your bedtime story..

Game on.

I think Lavinia got it wrong. There's a big down pour coming.

first up ton;279188 said:

Ha ha, old mate is not going to like being made fun on here for dropping that catch....
I'm sure if he knew who you were he would have some advice for you!
Now run along First up Ton, mummys calling you for your bedtime story..

7.20am Saturday, getting pretty dark again. With the amount of rain already and the state of the wickets, no covers, I don't like our chances for next week!

Looking ahead, the same weather is forecast for next Thursday and Friday!

Turf is Off.

We were alot closer to playing than I thought we would have. Some wickets were in reasonable shape. Just needed the sun out and the wind up.

Still, most wickets copped more rain last night than others.

Some may disagree with leaving covers off last night, but that was our best chance of getting on today.

What shape were Cole and Hallam in Bomber?

Chasing 270, you would rather have them on the board than chase, but saying that the outfield was lightening fast at Hallam, so I expected a good chase.

7.20am Saturday, getting pretty dark again. With the amount of rain already and the state of the wickets, no covers, I don't like our chances for next week!

Looking ahead, the same weather is forecast for next Thursday and Friday!

Enjoy the day off today boys. All turf has been cancelled for today and tomorrow.

Looks like your rain dance worked FFNB. Now you can go shopping with your mummy and sisters and look at all the pretty floral dresses your no doubt keen on.

Turf is Off.

We were alot closer to playing than I thought we would have. Some wickets were in reasonable shape. Just needed the sun out and the wind up.

Some may disagree with leaving covers off last night, but that was our best chance of getting on today.

What shape were Cole and Hallam in Bomber?

Chasing 270, you would rather have them on the board than chase, but saying that the outfield was lightening fast at Hallam, so I expected a good chase.

first up ton;279348 said:
Enjoy the day off today boys. All turf has been cancelled for today and tomorrow.

Looks like your rain dance worked FFNB. Now you can go shopping with your mummy and sisters and look at all the pretty floral dresses your no doubt keen on.

If thats the best you can offer i will not have to worry about getting a needle and thread out to stich up my sides up from the comedy you are producing at the moment.
Anyway if you are looking for me i will be in the Champaigne Bar in about an hours time....

Can understand Saturday turf being off, but why was Sunday called so early, with no rain today surely the wicket would be ok for tomorrow.

bomber27;279106 said:
Covers are not going down as the wickets are already to wet. Wickets will be inspected at 8am tomorrow morning.
If we had put covers down then there would be no way we would be playing.
good decison not putting down the only way we had chance to play, pitty it rained but.

first up ton;279348 said:

If thats the best you can offer i will not have to worry about getting a needle and thread out to stich up my sides up from the comedy you are producing at the moment.
Anyway if you are looking for me i will be in the Champaigne Bar in about an hours time....

bomber27;279345 said:
Turf is Off.

Why didn't we get a chance to put the covers on at 12.00 Friday when the forecast said it was gonna rain?
And as for Sunday being called off as well!!!! What a joke.

If you have a look at the forecast already for next week they are expecting rain on Friday. Why don't you just call that off as well.It's common sense,if you see the rain coming and are able to get the covers down,you should'nt be put at a dissadvantage just to wait for a message...

Can understand Saturday turf being off, but why was Sunday called so early, with no rain today surely the wicket would be ok for tomorrow.

fine leg;279603 said:
Why didn't we get a chance to put the covers on at 12.00 Friday when the forecast said it was gonna rain?

If you have a look at the forecast already for next week they are expecting rain on Friday. Why don't you just call that off as well.It's common sense,if you see the rain coming and are able to get the covers down,you should'nt be put at a dissadvantage just to wait for a message...

So get on the wet weather commitee then. Its not that easy for most clubs to be able to put their covers on before 5pm on a Friday anyway, as most people have to work. Obviously you either dont work, or work arvo shift and have the time on your hands to do it.

I know, why dont YOU go and put all the covers down on a Friday and do something useful instead of bagging the wet weather commitee.

And it would seem rather stupid to play the two games that are on Sundays, when the other 95% of Turf are already called off. Now that is a HUGE advantage for the teams playing on Sunday, wouldnt you think?????

bomber27;279106 said:
Covers are not going down as the wickets are already to wet. Wickets will be inspected at 8am tomorrow morning.
If we had put covers down then there would be no way we would be playing.
good decison not putting down the only way we had chance to play, pitty it rained but.

What about making that decision by say 5pm Thursday? That when 'everyone' is supposed to be at training, a few guys can throw the covers down if necessary?

or - is that not a good thing? Genuine question here. I mean will it make the pitches sweat too much and then actually cause the reverse effect of what we are trying to achieve?

Love to get people's opinions on that. I do agree that to ask people to put covers down before 5pm on any day od the week is not feasible. Some clubs will be able to manage it but that does not make it a level playing field.

bomber27;279345 said:
Turf is Off.

first up ton;279660 said:
So get on the wet weather commitee then. Its not that easy for most clubs to be able to put their covers on before 5pm on a Friday anyway, as most people have to work. Obviously you either dont work, or work arvo shift and have the time on your hands to do it.

I know, why dont YOU go and put all the covers down on a Friday and do something useful instead of bagging the wet weather commitee.

And it would seem rather stupid to play the two games that are on Sundays, when the other 95% of Turf are already called off. Now that is a HUGE advantage for the teams playing on Sunday, wouldnt you think?????

So therefore if it rains on a Saturday night and the sunday games are washed out, it follows that any results that were gained on the saturday should become null and void so as not to disadvantage the teams that were to play on the sunday or is that rather stupid.

fine leg;279603 said:

superspin;279682 said:
first up ton;279660 said:

And it would seem rather stupid to play the two games that are on Sundays, when the other 95% of Turf are already called off. Now that is a HUGE advantage for the teams playing on Sunday, wouldnt you think?????[/QUOTE]

So therefore if it rains on a Saturday night and the sunday games are washed out, it follows that any results that were gained on the saturday should become null and void so as not to disadvantage the teams that were to play on the sunday or is that rather stupid.

Well said Superspin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back