mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

My Captain said:
Hussey I agree with you, all the talk about Jim he must be a superstar!!!!!!!!

I think Jim is a superstar bloke, perhaps not a superstar cricketer.

We don't have any at our club.

Looking for some though!!! Under the age of 40 would be good too!!!

My Captain said:
Hussey I agree with you, all the talk about Jim he must be a superstar!!!!!!!!

old hack;289156 said:
Yes we do!!

And no there will be no free rides in our team as we are not good enough to carry anyone, everyone needs to contribute for us to be competitive.

i seriously doubt that playing in a turf will help him develop a great deal. he is still very young and i think it may even hinder his development. i think mentally he may come undone bowling to guys like phil eilers who could take to him. spin bowling is not an easy thing to master and there can be a fine line between bowling well and being hit for plenty of runs. this is why i would be concerned about playing him Dave. he may need to be carried at times and as you say everyone needs to contribute for st andrews to be competitive. Carrying the youngster might simply speed up the decline that st andrews are engaged in.

Dave, i think your captaincy will be duly questioned with this move and im sure senior players who are overlooked will not be to happy with your direction on this matter.

I must wish the young man good luck however if he does play and good luck to you Dave with your captaincy position.

old hack;289156 said:
Yes we do!!

And no there will be no free rides in our team as we are not good enough to carry anyone, everyone needs to contribute for us to be competitive.

i seriously doubt that playing in a turf will help him develop a great deal. he is still very young and i think it may even hinder his development. i think mentally he may come undone bowling to guys like phil eilers who could take to him. spin bowling is not an easy thing to master and there can be a fine line between bowling well and being hit for plenty of runs. this is why i would be concerned about playing him Dave. he may need to be carried at times and as you say everyone needs to contribute for st andrews to be competitive. Carrying the youngster might simply speed up the decline that st andrews are engaged in.

Dave, i think your captaincy will be duly questioned with this move and im sure senior players who are overlooked will not be to happy with your direction on this matter.

I must wish the young man good luck however if he does play and good luck to you Dave with your captaincy position.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;288449 said:
Kingy i hope you are getting a bowl before the gnome..... A gun player like you should not go to waste in the field;)
Although the gnome keeps his tongue quite close to the captains ring hole!!! By staying at that club all you are doing is dragging your name through mud. Had i known you were a mad punter i'm sure we could've caught up during the spring carnival and enjoyed a few lagers.

My Q to you FFNB. Have we already had a few beers together?

Kingy

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;288449 said:
Kingy i hope you are getting a bowl before the gnome..... A gun player like you should not go to waste in the field;)
Although the gnome keeps his tongue quite close to the captains ring hole!!! By staying at that club all you are doing is dragging your name through mud. Had i known you were a mad punter i'm sure we could've caught up during the spring carnival and enjoyed a few lagers.

My Q to you FFNB. Have we already had a few beers together?

Kingy

wal05;289176 said:

Seems like you have all the answers and are much more qualified than me, would you like to apply for my job next year!!!

I didn't notice you at training with the kid, did i miss you?

And were you at our team meetings? Did you get this feedback form our senior players?

Good luck to you to and i might have to get your opinions on a few other matters but I have a feeling I will not have to ask or wait too long for your expert opinion.

wal05;289176 said:

Seems like you have all the answers and are much more qualified than me, would you like to apply for my job next year!!!

And were you at our team meetings? Did you get this feedback form our senior players?

Good luck to you to and i might have to get your opinions on a few other matters but I have a feeling I will not have to ask or wait too long for your expert opinion.

old hack;289160 said:

Thats a bit harsh.

Superstar cricketer, average bloke i would have thought.

Lets hope for a game this week

old hack;289160 said:

Thats a bit harsh.

Superstar cricketer, average bloke i would have thought.

Lets hope for a game this week

old hack;289160 said:

Looking for some though!!!
Under the age of 40 would be good too!!!

Good blokes are hard to find these days !!!

old hack;289160 said:

Looking for some though!!!
Under the age of 40 would be good too!!!

Good blokes are hard to find these days !!!

old hack;289256 said:

i dont have answers, just opinions. and no i wouldn't want your job next year. is it up for grabs? i was not at training with the kid either and nor was i at your team meetings but you of all people should understand how fast word travels and yes i have heard feedback from your players. I would give you names but that would be unfair. im sure they will raise their issues with you soon enough.
my opinion is always here if needed mate so feel free to ask. i wouldnt call it expert though but i will enjoy tactically taking your captaincy apart during finals which will be a sweet personal victory and will go along way to my boys winning the flag. as long as my captain is happy with that.

old hack;289256 said:

i dont have answers, just opinions. and no i wouldn't want your job next year. is it up for grabs? i was not at training with the kid either and nor was i at your team meetings but you of all people should understand how fast word travels and yes i have heard feedback from your players. I would give you names but that would be unfair. im sure they will raise their issues with you soon enough.
my opinion is always here if needed mate so feel free to ask. i wouldnt call it expert though but i will enjoy tactically taking your captaincy apart during finals which will be a sweet personal victory and will go along way to my boys winning the flag. as long as my captain is happy with that.

wal05;289343 said:

I like your style Wal. Keep up the good work. We need more honest opinions like yours on this site...Too many pussies on this forum not prepared to say what they think openly. Although they seem prepared to share their thoughts with team-mates in the sanctuary of their own environment. Its called a forum guys. Time to cut loose on anyone you feel is fair game

wal05;289343 said:

I like your style Wal. Keep up the good work. We need more honest opinions like yours on this site...Too many pussies on this forum not prepared to say what they think openly. Although they seem prepared to share their thoughts with team-mates in the sanctuary of their own environment. Its called a forum guys. Time to cut loose on anyone you feel is fair game

Komodo Dragon;289483 said:
Its called a forum guys. Time to cut loose on anyone you feel is fair game

KD i dont disagree that a forum is a place to voice opinions but do you think it is right to pot people hiding behind usernames and aliases? Thats not a reference to you in any way mate by the way. I dont know if people know who you are or not.

There are guys on here who even though they have a username - we clearly know who they are.

I think it is fair to have a solid crack at anyone if it is deserved (and sometimes for the fun of it - when it is not deserved!) but dont do it hiding.

My two cents but most people know who I am and if I would not say something to someone face to face - I'll be f*cked if I am saying it here....

at the end of the day it is still ME making the comments - not a fictitious username! :p

What's your thoughts?

Komodo Dragon;289483 said:
Its called a forum guys. Time to cut loose on anyone you feel is fair game

KD i dont disagree that a forum is a place to voice opinions but do you think it is right to pot people hiding behind usernames and aliases? Thats not a reference to you in any way mate by the way. I dont know if people know who you are or not.

There are guys on here who even though they have a username - we clearly know who they are.

I think it is fair to have a solid crack at anyone if it is deserved (and sometimes for the fun of it - when it is not deserved!) but dont do it hiding.

My two cents but most people know who I am and if I would not say something to someone face to face - I'll be f*cked if I am saying it here....

at the end of the day it is still ME making the comments - not a fictitious username! :p

What's your thoughts?

the one and only reason i choose to remain anonymous is so i can put opinions forward about all teams including my own without causing any issues not to hide. i would be quiet happy to discuss any issue on here with blokes face to face over a cold beer. no malice intended in comments boys just honesty.

the one and only reason i choose to remain anonymous is so i can put opinions forward about all teams including my own without causing any issues not to hide. i would be quiet happy to discuss any issue on here with blokes face to face over a cold beer. no malice intended in comments boys just honesty.

Re: Covers

wal05;288996 said:
i have had the opportunity to come up against Nader and Portelli on several occasions. Nader has never done a thing. portelli on the other hand made 30 or 40 once. overall he probably averages 13 against us when i have been playing. he is never out either which always allows me to have a chuckle to myself when he is given. Pas is young and may develop in the future but i don't think he has enough going for him at this stage. maybe they should play him in a lower grade so he is more comfortable and able to develop because he doesn't seem like he has what it takes for A grade yet. i think the young man needs to work on his attitude a little too. a little bit cocky for a kid with oh so much to learn. Law at 18 needs to start developing some shots or at least needs to learn to tick over the strike a little. from all i have seen he is too defensive and when your defence is not very good and your too defensive it means u never make many runs. i do encourage these young men though to continue and persist with it as long as they are having fun cos thats what this is all about isn't it???? well in west coburgs case winning a flag would be ok occasionally too. As for my club we have a good mix of aged veterans with a few handy youngsters. i wouldn't say we are oozing with them though and i would never put pressure on them by saying any of them are guns. i am happy with them to this point in the season though.
Well you seem to know your stuff there....we need an assistant coach at West...you keen?. By the way which club would you be from?...sounds like Nader, Portelli, Pas and Law need all the help they can get. The youngsters are coming good Law's made a fifty previous game, Pas's strung together a couple of 20 odds. By the way....Barker trained tonight and is raring to go after christmas....and he hasn't lost any speed.

wal05;288996 said:
i have had the opportunity to come up against Nader and Portelli on several occasions. Nader has never done a thing. portelli on the other hand made 30 or 40 once. overall he probably averages 13 against us when i have been playing. he is never out either which always allows me to have a chuckle to myself when he is given. Pas is young and may develop in the future but i don't think he has enough going for him at this stage. maybe they should play him in a lower grade so he is more comfortable and able to develop because he doesn't seem like he has what it takes for A grade yet. i think the young man needs to work on his attitude a little too. a little bit cocky for a kid with oh so much to learn. Law at 18 needs to start developing some shots or at least needs to learn to tick over the strike a little. from all i have seen he is too defensive and when your defence is not very good and your too defensive it means u never make many runs. i do encourage these young men though to continue and persist with it as long as they are having fun cos thats what this is all about isn't it???? well in west coburgs case winning a flag would be ok occasionally too. As for my club we have a good mix of aged veterans with a few handy youngsters. i wouldn't say we are oozing with them though and i would never put pressure on them by saying any of them are guns. i am happy with them to this point in the season though.
Well you seem to know your stuff there....we need an assistant coach at West...you keen?. By the way which club would you be from?...sounds like Nader, Portelli, Pas and Law need all the help they can get. The youngsters are coming good Law's made a fifty previous game, Pas's strung together a couple of 20 odds. By the way....Barker trained tonight and is raring to go after christmas....and he hasn't lost any speed.

Cpt Caveman;289521 said:

20 odd is not a score. young Pas should try and get some real runs under his belt in the 2s as i mentioned earlier. good to hear barks will be back as i enjoy his competitiveness and the challenge he puts forward with the ball but its not enough to concern me or to save west coburg.

Cpt Caveman;289521 said:

20 odd is not a score. young Pas should try and get some real runs under his belt in the 2s as i mentioned earlier. good to hear barks will be back as i enjoy his competitiveness and the challenge he puts forward with the ball but its not enough to concern me or to save west coburg.

wal05;289522 said:
Well on the decks we've played on the last couple of weeks a 20odd is as good as a 50....especially last week. A 16 year old avg 20odd in A grade on our minefields i think is a fair effort. You haven't answered my question....which club do you represent?. You seem to have a particular dislike for West Coburg!

wal05;289522 said:
Well on the decks we've played on the last couple of weeks a 20odd is as good as a 50....especially last week. A 16 year old avg 20odd in A grade on our minefields i think is a fair effort. You haven't answered my question....which club do you represent?. You seem to have a particular dislike for West Coburg!

Cpt Caveman;289523 said:

as i have been saying for some time caveman i will remain anonymous and so will my club. i do not have a particular dislike for any clubs but i will but forward my opinion on them if there is something to say. so when u come out defending Pas as young as he is i will tell you that if a player in your team is averaging 20 runs he is most probably not doin his job. maybe the kid isnt up to it!! im not personally attacking the boy but i am questioning his ability at this time in his life to play A turf.

Cpt Caveman;289523 said:

as i have been saying for some time caveman i will remain anonymous and so will my club. i do not have a particular dislike for any clubs but i will but forward my opinion on them if there is something to say. so when u come out defending Pas as young as he is i will tell you that if a player in your team is averaging 20 runs he is most probably not doin his job. maybe the kid isnt up to it!! im not personally attacking the boy but i am questioning his ability at this time in his life to play A turf.

wal05;288794 said:
At this stage i will remain anonymous but i have been around. on Barker i can assure you and everyone else that he will not be back this season. pity though one of the only genuine nice guys in the reds team. and his head bobble always gets a laugh out of me.

you have all the credibility of a turkish cowboy!!
barker is playing for sure after xmas.
pity ur 2 much of a coward to say who u play for......or is it ur actually really scared of playing west coburg?!

wal05;288794 said:
At this stage i will remain anonymous but i have been around. on Barker i can assure you and everyone else that he will not be back this season. pity though one of the only genuine nice guys in the reds team. and his head bobble always gets a laugh out of me.

pity ur 2 much of a coward to say who u play for......or is it ur actually really scared of playing west coburg?!

putabellintheball;289509 said:

What's your thoughts?

well funny you might bring up this subject not long a go someone mouthed off about the coach of pascoe vale and named himself as george georgio was it george?? only jeffs got the answer to that ???ping by the way his a great coach with what he has and what he has to deal with after all pascoe vale is the rolls royce of the comp stf

putabellintheball;289509 said:

What's your thoughts?

well funny you might bring up this subject not long a go someone mouthed off about the coach of pascoe vale and named himself as george georgio was it george?? only jeffs got the answer to that ???ping by the way his a great coach with what he has and what he has to deal with after all pascoe vale is the rolls royce of the comp stf

jontyfromsa;289532 said:

I have seen west coburg fold under pressure too many times that i have no fear of you guys at all. without tars to carry your batting you guys are nothing. I have no doubt that when my team comes up against you guys that i will be in the runs. i would be disappointed with under 50 anyway. looking forward to the challenge of you guys especcially if barks will be playing. who nose what could happen hey Jonty!!!!!!!!!

jontyfromsa;289532 said:

I have seen west coburg fold under pressure too many times that i have no fear of you guys at all. without tars to carry your batting you guys are nothing. I have no doubt that when my team comes up against you guys that i will be in the runs. i would be disappointed with under 50 anyway. looking forward to the challenge of you guys especcially if barks will be playing. who nose what could happen hey Jonty!!!!!!!!!

wal05;289526 said:

dont kid yourself dave hall and west coburg has set the mark for clubs to inject kids into their top sides callam is proof in the pudding well done dave go west .......not really

wal05;289526 said:

dont kid yourself dave hall and west coburg has set the mark for clubs to inject kids into their top sides callam is proof in the pudding well done dave go west .......not really

wal05;289526 said:
How do you expect us to take you seriously after that post?...what avg do you have under your belt so far this season?....i'm assuming it's around the mid 40s for the lofty standards that you seem to set your batsman.

wal05;289526 said:
How do you expect us to take you seriously after that post?...what avg do you have under your belt so far this season?....i'm assuming it's around the mid 40s for the lofty standards that you seem to set your batsman.

hagman;289535 said:

Hey Hagman - no it was not George and I posted a reply (do a search under my username) outlining this about 2 weeks ago. I was not happy nor was the club. We are still looking into the details surrounding that idiotic stunt. God help the bloke if he was from our club.....

Ross is a great bloke / coach and player - and I have come across plenty more at a lot of other clubs.

I wish I had played in this comp a lot earlier - I think there would be a lot more guys I would share a beer with.

Wish all the best of luck this week.

hagman;289535 said:

Hey Hagman - no it was not George and I posted a reply (do a search under my username) outlining this about 2 weeks ago. I was not happy nor was the club. We are still looking into the details surrounding that idiotic stunt. God help the bloke if he was from our club.....

Ross is a great bloke / coach and player - and I have come across plenty more at a lot of other clubs.

I wish I had played in this comp a lot earlier - I think there would be a lot more guys I would share a beer with.

Wish all the best of luck this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back