Money Shield 2013/2014

Yeah my thoughts exactly.Much prefer to see a result from a game than a team just batting out time,like lower plenty did last week!
I'm amazed at that result last week. What's the go there? How can you finish 3 wickets down yet so far off the target? Are guys batting for averages?
Astonishing

Can't disagree more with a early call on weather for Saturday. Black Saturday was extreme weather with 47 predicted and smart call by DVCA, but 40 although extremely hot isn't close to what was experienced that day, it may not reach 38 till 3,4 or even 5pm if at all. We wouldn't abandon a days play early if a torrential down poor was predicted at 4pm. We are here to play cricket under the guidelines and rules of the competition not because some may not get a result, what would happen if it was 40 next weekend, clubs on the fringe of the four would be outraged if 40 overs each week could have been played but weren't therefore ruining someone's opportunity to get a possible result.

Can't disagree more with a early call on weather for Saturday. Black Saturday was extreme weather with 47 predicted and smart call by DVCA, but 40 although extremely hot isn't close to what was experienced that day, it may not reach 38 till 3,4 or even 5pm if at all. We wouldn't abandon a days play early if a torrential down poor was predicted at 4pm. We are here to play cricket under the guidelines and rules of the competition not because some may not get a result, what would happen if it was 40 next weekend, clubs on the fringe of the four would be outraged if 40 overs each week could have been played but weren't therefore ruining someone's opportunity to get a possible result.
Agree 100%.
Games must be started, and play until the temp hits 38.
A breeze could pull through and temps may settle at around 35.
Playing 1 day games at this stage of the season is pure lottery, finals and relegation could be decided on a smash and grab effort.
Must play.

Depending on if i win the toss on the weekend or not, will depend on if i agree with your sentiments or not. :)

In all seriousness, we make a commitmment to play cricket throughout the season, rain, hail or shine. I want to play ever week and hate when we get called off.. Yeah it sucks when you're in the field in the heat like this week (or last), but it doesn't suck when you come off the ground with a huge win like our ones on the weekend. I am sure the beers tasted even better.

I really did not think that we would not start play, but with no change in sight and another warm one overnight, it could get there by 1pm.

Right now (12.45pm) it is 35.4 in Viewbank.

Looks like a 1 day game......

wasnt cyclone cunningham meant to wreck havoc last round? did he or was the massive thud i heard greensboroughs egos coming back to earth. been very quiet this week. they must be nervous that they are getting closer and closer to the day they choke. his last 3 batting innings - 0 runs. last 3 bowling innings - 2 wickets.

Last edited:
good to see my old mate paul baker back this week. he has trained so hard during his time off. he wont be under done at all hes been at his best. even with the new ball. watch for him to do damage the next two games.

wasnt cyclone cunningham meant to wreck havoc last round? did he or was the massive thud i heard greensboroughs egos coming back to earth. been very quiet this week. they must be nervous that they are getting closer and closer to the day they choke. his last 3 batting innings - 0 runs. last 3 bowling innings - 2 wickets.

Why would he want to wreck poor old Havoc, what did he ever do to him?

good to see my old mate paul baker back this week. he has trained so hard during his time off. he wont be under done at all hes been at his best. even with the new ball. watch for him to do damage the next two games.
Great to see Bakes back.Was almost unplayable with the old 2 piece balls but interestingly struggled when the 4 piece was Introduced! 6 wickets in 72 overs,maybe had a lot of dropped catches!
Will be very interested to see how he goes in the next 2 games!
All the same great to see him back and wish him well.

I really did not think that we would not start play, but with no change in sight and another warm one overnight, it could get there by 1pm.

Right now (12.45pm) it is 35.4 in Viewbank.

Looks like a 1 day game......
Its 24 in the city. I know they measure it in viewbank but hopefully it makes its way out

Great to see Bakes back.Was almost unplayable with the old 2 piece balls but interestingly struggled when the 4 piece was Introduced! 6 wickets in 72 overs,maybe had a lot of dropped catches!
Will be very interested to see how he goes in the next 2 games!
All the same great to see him back and wish him well.
I believe we had the 4 piece in 2010/2011, in which case he took 35 wickets at a shade over 9. Will be interesting to see how he goes. Huge effort after 2 years off and at about 43 years old to come out and salvage Mernda's season. He's a champion though.

I believe we had the 4 piece in 2010/2011, in which case he took 35 wickets at a shade over 9. Will be interesting to see how he goes. Huge effort after 2 years off and at about 43 years old to come out and salvage Mernda's season. He's a champion though.
That he is.
I honestly can't remember if it was 10/11 or 11/12 when we actually started using the 4 piece!
Thought we used kookas for 2 yrs then platypus this year.
I must be getting old

I feel as though the year McGann took 70-80 wickets in a season was the last year we used 2 pieces. But yeah feels like a looong time ago

11/12 four piece came in, good luck Bakes, huge effort, tipping Mernda to roll Creek in a one dayer next week.

Like most, was filthy with the early call yesterday when it was only 27 deg.

However the powers got it right. Would not have played for an hour....

time temp

08/06:00pm 40.9

08/05:30pm 41.2

08/05:00pm 40.9

08/04:30pm 41.5

08/04:00pm 40.9

08/03:30pm 41.9

08/03:00pm 40

08/02:30pm 40.5

08/02:00pm 39.1

08/01:30pm 37.7

08/01:00pm 35.3

I'd be more Nervous at the fact he's been quiet the past couple of games!

Back